Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you think you experience this sometimes?

Its hard for me to explain, but I feel like Im becoming more prejudiced against straight people. I dont have many gay friends so I feel more alone in sea of straight people everyday. I feel like Im becoming very bitter and I dont like it.

by Anonymousreply 4708/25/2013

In the "Wedding Presents" thread, someone dissed me for buying a wedding present for a dear straight friend and his fiancee. That felt kind of heterophobic, but I had struggled in the first place with whether I really wanted to go, so I got it.

Still, the guy came off as awfully bitter.

by Anonymousreply 105/23/2013

Straight people are far more accepting and way less judgmental than gay people.

by Anonymousreply 205/23/2013

^^which is why they voted to ban gay marriage in so many states.

by Anonymousreply 305/23/2013

r1, it probably wouldn't have bothered you if there wasn't any sense or reason to what he said. Don't blame the messenger.

by Anonymousreply 405/23/2013

For all I know, R4/R3, you [italic]are[/italic] the messenger.

by Anonymousreply 505/23/2013

Yeah. For all you know I could be. What possible difference could that make?

by Anonymousreply 605/23/2013

Yes, I'm a heterophobic homosupremacist.

by Anonymousreply 705/23/2013

Shouldn't tolerance go both ways?

by Anonymousreply 805/23/2013

If most homophobes are self-loathing closeted gays, does that mean that heterophobic guys are self-loathing closeted straights who shamefully yearn for pussy?

by Anonymousreply 905/23/2013

Sure, r8. You won't find many gay people arguing that straight marriage should be illegal or that straight people shouldn't be protected from being fired and so on.

I don't think that's what we're talking about here. People are talking about a sense of exhaustion and disgust after experiencing so many years of hate and discrimination and entitlement from straights.

by Anonymousreply 1005/23/2013

[R11] I totally agree with you

by Anonymousreply 1205/23/2013

R11. You my dear proved my point quite quickly.

by Anonymousreply 1305/23/2013

by Anonymousreply 1405/24/2013

I feel like this when I see families out and about. The world is designed around and caters to the hetero family unit. It is psychologically challenging to live when you feel like you are just getting residuals. I think elderly people feel the same way once they have little more to contribute to society.

by Anonymousreply 1505/24/2013

[quote]If most homophobes are self-loathing closeted gays, does that mean that heterophobic guys are self-loathing closeted straights who shamefully yearn for pussy?

I never thought about it like that.

by Anonymousreply 1605/25/2013

I resent all of the straights who have taken over Chelsea.

Do you think that's how some African Americans feel about whites invading Harlem?

by Anonymousreply 1705/25/2013

I have a hard time understanding how someone can be a minority or gay, and be a bigot. Yet there are many. If you know what it is to be marginalized, how are you to turn and try to do the same to someone else? That is some seriously fucked up shit.

by Anonymousreply 1805/25/2013

OP, perhaps the world would open up to you more if you'd start using the apostrophe.

by Anonymousreply 1905/25/2013

R20 is oblivious to the fact that it is an asshole. An unwashed, wart covered, crab infested, shit stained, prolapsed, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 2105/25/2013

My ex was heterophobic, yes it exists.

by Anonymousreply 2205/25/2013

R18 Oh, please. Disliking straight people is not marginalizing them. Gays have no power to do so, unlike straight and white people, who do it to everyone. We aren't taking anything away from them or stopping them from doing something.

by Anonymousreply 2305/25/2013

R23 I'm speaking more about a bigoted attitude. I realize gays and minorities don't have any power over straights and whites. What I am saying is that I don't understand how someone who knows what it feels like to be judged by someone who knows nothing about you, can turn around and do the same thing. Yes, I know what human nature dictates, but still. It's repulsive in my opinion, no excuse for not at least trying to be better that that. When I see it, it makes me even more sick than the other way around, because these are people who should know better.

by Anonymousreply 2405/25/2013

Truth be told, most respect the gay community gets from straight is conditional, quasi real.

by Anonymousreply 2505/25/2013

r9 is the best post in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 2605/25/2013

r25, isn't ALL respect conditional?

by Anonymousreply 2705/25/2013

Aunt Ida is your patron saint

by Anonymousreply 2805/25/2013

A lot of it is just envy of what I think straight people have an easier go of in life. I could be very wrong about that, but it is a source of the bitterness.

by Anonymousreply 2905/25/2013

by Anonymousreply 3007/08/2013

I never heard of a prolapsed asshole until homophobic straight trolls showed up on datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 3107/08/2013

Whenever anyone tells me that they don't like (or fear) a certain group, I ask them if they know all of them.? To be afraid of heterosexuals is understandable yet unreasonable. I know a lot of these people who are totally on our side.

by Anonymousreply 3207/08/2013

No, dear. I'm just incredibly bored by them.

by Anonymousreply 3307/08/2013

I've been feeling this a lot lately. I think it has something to do with the fact that I live in a small town and don't have a lot of gay friends. I also feel like part of it too is that, because being gay has less villified, gay people are behaving in a more heteronormative manner, and there's a dearth of gay culture left out there. I don't want to have to discuss the Yankees when I'm talking to a gay person too.

by Anonymousreply 3507/08/2013

I live right smack dab in the middle of artisanal Williamsburg Brooklyn which is currently packed cheek to jowl with hipster breeder trust fund types and their precious crotch fruit. I hate them. Especially because all the children seemed to be named either Clara or Phineas.

I know - sorta specific, but I'm sure that makes me some type of heterophobe.

by Anonymousreply 3607/08/2013

36, (John!) get back to your novel!

by Anonymousreply 3707/08/2013

Sometimes. Not so much heterophobia...but if some straight guy thinks the way to warm me up into conversation is to talk about sport, I move away as fast as I can.

Likewise...I don't generally appreciate their sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 3807/08/2013

Phobia means you have a fear of something. I don't fear straight people but that does not mean I want to hang out with them either.

While there are always exceptions, I find more often then not, I am seen as something for use or exploitation but not to be respected.

For example, 9 out of 10 straight women, and men for that matter eventually ask me to decorating their apartment, shopping for a girl friend or help pick out dresses. None of which I do well by the way.

That stereotyping gets tired. So I don't have a fear or phobia I just choose not to be a part of that.

Sure, I could turn the table, but it's been a long time since I wanted to have a backyard BBQ where I served up pigs in a blanket, littered the lawn with beer cans, and went on and on about stupid shit they just heard on FOX news.

They then vote Republican because surely their falsely perceived notion of fiscal responsibility far outweighs their friend, neighbor, or brothers human rights as a gay person.

by Anonymousreply 3907/08/2013

[quote]hipster breeder trust fund types and their precious crotch fruit.

Too funny, I got to steal that. Crotch fruit in my neighborhood always seem to be on sale.

by Anonymousreply 4007/08/2013

Turn on the TV right now and count how many loving heteros you see on every commercial including the hipster Apple ones. That is still sold as the happy gushy norm. IKEA puts a gay couple in an ad -- one -- and it's front page news (years ago, no less).

It's 2013 and new generations of kids are still being sold this bill of bullshit goods. THAT is when I find myself grumbling "Fucking breeders".

by Anonymousreply 4108/24/2013

Ugh, R39, you need to make better straight friends. Republican?

I get kind of annoyed when I see a young straight couple where the male is good looking. I'm just jealous, I think that's all it is. I get bored by boring straight people--they're annoying. Sports bars and whatnot.

Boring gay people are annoying, too, but sometimes they're hot and I get to fuck them.

I'm not aware of much of a difference between straight humor and gay humor, but I think I have a gross, straight guy's sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 4208/24/2013

Yes, I'm a heterophobe. That means, for me, I give GLBT people more of the benefit of the doubt that they're smart, interesting, funny, sensitive, and worth knowing than I do straight people.

It doesn't mean I don't know and love straight people. It's more of a homocentric viewpoint.

It's why, when I detest a post on DL, I tend to think it's from a straight interloper.

I would prefer to believe that straight cunts and assholes posted most of the jokes on the new joke thread, which was the vilest and unfunniest collection of racist and homophobic shit I've seen in years, worse than you'd find on a straight liberal site. It's depressing to think GLBT people are that stupid, have such shit senses of humor, and are racist tools.

by Anonymousreply 4308/24/2013

With one exception, all of my friends are straight. I never planned it that way, but most fags think the entire world is their damn cocktail lounge, which is something I can live without.

by Anonymousreply 4408/24/2013

I also have a very similar problem. I am OK with dealing with heterosexual people at a distance but, with the exception of relatives, the only times when I feel truly comfortable are when I'm around gay people. I agree with the posters who have said that the insidious homophobia that is directed at us can only arise feelings of resentment, anger and rejection in us.

I am particularly tired of straight men thinking that I am madly in love with them just because they are men, and some women thinking that I am either their shopping/gossip/beauty tip pet or an additional threat. R39 is right, the stereotyping can be tiresome at best, and downright infuriating at worst.

We gay people, but men in particular, are being constantly harassed, caricaturized, viewed as oddities and inconvenienced with people's prejudices and tendency to project their sexual hang ups on us.

I am, quite frankly, TIRED of dealing with most straight people and yes, due to the toxic nature of interactions with both straight and bisexual people, I have become both heterophobic and biphobic (who, by the way, are often much worse than heteros when it comes to judging and treating gay people with the utmost contempt).

by Anonymousreply 4508/24/2013

Y'all ain't phobic, you're bigoted.

Especially the assholes with uterus envy, seething over "crotch fruit" you'll never bear, conceived with hot men you'll never have, who would be repulsed by your advances, despite your lunatic fantasies.

You might fear the pussy, but you don't fear straights. You covet the hot young guys, hate the rest.

At least man up and be honest

by Anonymousreply 4608/24/2013

Love the way hypocrite @ R39 stamps his little feet and shrieks about being stereotyped and then, without missing a beat, goes on stereotype all straight people:

[quote]I could turn the table, but it's been a long time since I wanted to have a backyard BBQ where I served up pigs in a blanket, littered the lawn with beer cans, and went on and on about stupid shit they just heard on FOX news. They then vote Republican....

by Anonymousreply 4708/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!