and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Variety is reporting that Janet Jackson is a billionaire

From her own money, not her husband's.

WTF?

by Anonymousreply 6909/21/2014

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 105/23/2013

So not only is Janet a billionaire, but she's married to one too!

Poor Vadge only has half a billion at the most, and all of her men are just nobodies that she has to pay for. Sad!

by Anonymousreply 205/23/2013

[quote]Poor Vadge only has half a billion at the most, and all of her men are just nobodies that she has to pay for. Sad!

Madonna hit the billionaire club earlier this year, btw.

There is now way in hell Janet Jackson made $304 million from Poetic Justice, The Nutty Professor II, Why did I Get Married, Why did I Get Married Too, and For Colored Girls - her entire filmography for the past 20 years. No Way

by Anonymousreply 405/23/2013

I don't enjoy her music at all--but she's extremely pretty in pictures at R3's link.

by Anonymousreply 505/23/2013

[quote]Madonna hit the billionaire club earlier this year, btw.

No, she didn't. According to Forbes, Madonna is NOT a billionaire, despite her high touring revenue.

by Anonymousreply 705/23/2013

Well it only took 1 post in to mention Madge.

by Anonymousreply 805/23/2013

This sounds like a publicity stunt by her husband of a really big gift.

by Anonymousreply 905/23/2013

by Anonymousreply 1105/23/2013

That's because she's not in closeup, R5. That Cabbage-Patch nose is so distracting.

by Anonymousreply 1205/23/2013

According to Forbes neither is Janet

by Anonymousreply 1305/23/2013

R12 is Madonna the Haggard.

by Anonymousreply 1405/23/2013

No, she is The CUNT!

by Anonymousreply 1505/23/2013

The Forbes story linked at R13 will destroy Janbot.

DON'T READ IT, JANBOT! DON'T!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1605/23/2013

by Anonymousreply 1705/23/2013

Madonna's A Billionaire Now, Thanks To Record 'MDNA' Tour Earnings

by Anonymousreply 1905/23/2013

Does anyone else find it hilarious that a bunch paycheck to paycheck living queens are arguing about who is a billionaire and who isn't.

by Anonymousreply 2005/23/2013

I do.

by Anonymousreply 2105/24/2013

lol r20

by Anonymousreply 2205/24/2013

No way is Janet worth more than Madonna!

by Anonymousreply 2305/24/2013

It's only May but R20 has posted the comment of the year.

Laughing my fucking ass off....

by Anonymousreply 2405/24/2013

You'd have to be crazy to believe Janet is a billionaire. Her career was so short, and she didn't make 340 million dollars in film fees, that is for sure. If Angelina gets $20 million/film and she is the highest paid actress, Janet would have had to make 17 films being paid 20 million each. How likely is that?

by Anonymousreply 2505/24/2013

A few years ago Forbes reported that Janet was one of the BIG losers is the Las Vegas real estate meltdown, like half of her money evaporated.

by Anonymousreply 2605/24/2013

[quote]You'd have to be crazy to believe Janet is a billionaire. Her career was so short

What fantasy land do YOu live in? Janet Jackson has been working steadily in showbusiness for 40 years. She's been a superstar since she was 19. She ruled the Pop Queendom for a good 15 years, and is still regarded as the architect of the house that Britney, Rihanna, Beyonce, etc. live in. Go do your homework before you put your fingers to a keyboard.

[quote]A few years ago Forbes reported that Janet was one of the BIG losers is the Las Vegas real estate meltdown, like half of her money evaporated.

BULL and SHIT. I'll give you points for being creative, though.

by Anonymousreply 2705/24/2013

I'm a trillionaire.

by Anonymousreply 2805/24/2013

This is ridiculous hype. If Janet was even close to being a billionaire, why was she at Michael's rented home the day after his death with a armload of Hefty trash bags retrieving every bit of cash she knew to be hidden in his home? Until she married Wissam, she was extremely concerned that her lavish lifestyle and tastes could be continued as a woman nearing 50 with an inability to sell records. I like Janet very much, but those who know her and the money grubbing vultures of Hayvenhurst are well aware of her lust for money.

by Anonymousreply 2905/24/2013

Janet has NOT been working continuously in show business for 40 years. That is a big fat fucking lie.

by Anonymousreply 3005/24/2013

by Anonymousreply 3105/24/2013

Janbot, you are NEVER gonna win this one. NEVAH, as you like to say.

by Anonymousreply 3205/24/2013

$81 million from music and book publishing. $260 million in album sales. $458 million from touring.

Together with other areas of business, the revenues add up to $1.2 billion.

... but that's not net worth.

by Anonymousreply 3305/24/2013

hahahahaha ! Keep 'em coming!! You should be on TV!

by Anonymousreply 3405/24/2013

Janet Jackson aint no billionaire

by Anonymousreply 3505/24/2013

How stupid is R30? Janet worked steadily as a child actress from 7 years old until Different Strokes, when she was a teen. She did Fame and The Love Boat as a young adult, and shortly thereafter became a superstar singer and later film actress and author. That's consistent work. Where the fuck have YOU been?

by Anonymousreply 3605/24/2013

wow, can't believe I'm going to chime in, but...

Are you really THAT stupid to believe that Janet Fucking Jackson made $300 million from her movies?? I mean ALL of her movies combined didn't even do that revenue in worldwide ticket sales.

I guess you can publish anything now and it's "fact".

by Anonymousreply 3705/24/2013

Dear God yes, R20.

I rarely come into these types of threads, but when I do, I just shake my head in disbelief at the passion of one or two queens over the success of a stranger and trying to dismiss the success of other strangers by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 3905/24/2013

The AC threads are equally pathetic and disturbing. Arguing over the intimate details of a relationship in which you zero knowledge of the principals is so ludicrous. It's not even gossip, it's just bored queens pulling shit out of their ass and posting it as fact.

by Anonymousreply 4005/24/2013

Oh I forgot! Janet was paid $100/week as a supporting-supporting cast member on Good Times, and she made $300 for each Love Boat (LOL!) episode. NOW I see that she MUST be a billionaire!

You got your head up your ass, JanBot, as usual talking to your imaginary BFF.

by Anonymousreply 4105/24/2013

R40 is absolutely correct, though I'd have to say that the Madbots are far more accurate than the lies Janbots put forth.

by Anonymousreply 4205/24/2013

r41 roflmao

by Anonymousreply 4305/24/2013

No way is she a billionaire.

Her husband must have bought that shit himself.

Funny how she makes the list after she got her rich boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 4405/25/2013

Spike Lee just Tweeted about how Janet helped to finance his film MALCOLM X. She got a special "Thank You" during the end credits.

by Anonymousreply 4505/25/2013

For some of Janet's films, she took a percentage of the gross as opposed to a flat salary. Here is Janet's Box Office History Data in dollars, AKA if you want the receipts, you got 'em.

by Anonymousreply 4605/25/2013

Why that clearly indicates she's a billionaire!

by Anonymousreply 4705/25/2013

The haters on this board are a laugh riot.

[quote]If Janet were a billionaire, y was she trying to steal michael's money from Paris Jackson?

She wasn't, dickhead. Janet Jackson has her own fortune, and she's had it for years. Michael's adopted hellspawn recanted half the fabricated shit they Tweeted about during that drama, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 4805/25/2013

From Janet's rep:

[italic]"What Variety had, to the best of my knowledge, is all correct," her rep told LA Times' Ministry of Gossip. "As to whether she is or isn't a billionaire, that's not information that has been or would be imparted to me."

"She's an exceedingly bright business person in all forms of life, including entertainment," the publicist continued. "There's people whose money goes and people whose money grows, and she's very astute with her finances."[/italic]

In other words, bitches, she's fabulous (and you're not)

by Anonymousreply 4905/25/2013

Then why is she trying to get at Michael's money? Why does she charge rent from her own mother? Or maybe that's how she got rich? She is a ruthless money grabbing bitch!

by Anonymousreply 5005/25/2013

CALLING ALL BASIC BITCHES!!!! YOU'RE BASIC...and poor!

by Anonymousreply 5105/25/2013

No, R50. She has bought both of her parents homes in the past, and she has taken care of various members of her family over the years. She and MJ were the primary breadwinners, and neither were stingy with their fortunes when it came to their family (MJ restored Hayvenhurst and bought it to keep it from going into forclosure in the early '80s, and Janet paid Neverland's staff when MJ couldn't in later years, and she paid for his funeral expenses and dressed the entire family in Versace for the cermony). I don't know where you read that she charged her own mother rent, because that's just crazy.

by Anonymousreply 5205/25/2013

So her representative is the one confirming but Forbes says no?

by Anonymousreply 5305/25/2013

He didn't confirm anything, R53. He simply stated that to his knowledge, what they stated is correct. Janet has never been a squanderer of her fortune, never been in the tabloids about bankruptcy, and has never had fortune-depleting habits (gambling, drugs, etc.). Plus, per her landmark recording contracts from the '90s, she stands to gain control of her Virgin Records masters this year, which automatically equalls a big payday (any artist will tell you this).

by Anonymousreply 5405/25/2013

It is absurd for R46 and some of the later posters to presume they understand the internal workings of the Jackson clan.

As far as the box office receipts are concerned, all but ONE film made money, the rest lost money or broke even when marketing and distribution costs are considered. There is no indication whatsoever, that Janet took a per centage of the "gross" (only A list get a percentage of the "NET". Nothing what so ever in that pile of junk information labeled, hilariously, as "Confidential" in the right hand corner.

Michael Jackson's funeral was paid from proceeds from his very hefty life insurance, not by any contribution of Janet Jackson. And as for your claims that Janet bought them all Versace to wear to the funeral....well, you should right novels with that imagination.

And Janet's representative says good things about Janets special business acumen even though the girl never went to college? What is she supposed to say? Hmmm?

Again, Forbes went over the biggest losers in the real estate market and Janet Jackson came up as a big loser in Las Vegas, so jaw it out with Forbes magazine.

by Anonymousreply 5505/25/2013

R54, cite the source for "Janet gets her master recordings from Virgin records this year" statement. It cannot be found on the internet.

by Anonymousreply 5605/25/2013

Once again, JANBOT refuses to post hard, irrefutable evidence to a direct question to her lies.

by Anonymousreply 5705/27/2013

I find it hilarious (and woefully telling), that R55, R56 and R57 is the same dude in another thread trying in vain to tell everybody that MANdonna is superior to Janet in every way. He reeks with insecurity.

[quote]Forbes went over the biggest losers in the real estate market and Janet Jackson came up as a big loser in Las Vegas, so jaw it out with Forbes magazine.

Talk about your fabrications. Bitch, please. Show ME some motherfucking receipts, because I think you pulled this shit out of your ass.

[quote]all but ONE film made money, the rest lost money or broke even when marketing and distribution costs are considered

The films she made with Perry did not lose money, shithead.

[quote]Michael Jackson's funeral was paid from proceeds from his very hefty life insurance, not by any contribution of Janet Jackson

Oh please. I'm not providing any links for your stupid ass. Go to Google and type in "Janet Jackson pays for Michael's funeral" and you will see a plethora of info about probate papers and such which prove that she did, in fact, pay for his funeral. If you can't Google it, then shame on you.

[quote]And as for your claims that Janet bought them all Versace to wear to the funeral....well, you should right novels with that imagination.

See above.

by Anonymousreply 5805/28/2013

Even Hagdonna knows that Janet is often imitated but NEVER duplicated

by Anonymousreply 5905/28/2013

Pretty bad photoshopping. Just look at the fingers.

by Anonymousreply 6005/28/2013

often imitated but NEVER duplicated

by Anonymousreply 6105/28/2013

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 6209/21/2014

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 6309/21/2014

[quote]Oh please. I'm not providing any links for your stupid ass. Go to Google and type in "Janet Jackson pays for Michael's funeral" and you will see a plethora of info about probate papers and such which prove that she did, in fact, pay for his funeral. If you can't Google it, then shame on you.

Fact: she only paid some $50k. That was not the entire cost of the funeral.

Another fact: she petitioned the court to be repaid for that expense and was indeed reimbursed.

Shove it, Janbot.

by Anonymousreply 6409/21/2014

Attached is the correct .jpg for my post.

by Anonymousreply 6509/21/2014

If she really has that much money then why Y are all her sibs and parents going after Michael's lesser estate?

by Anonymousreply 6609/21/2014

Well lookie there, R59!

by Anonymousreply 6709/21/2014

R66, because she never got caught up in the trap. The brothers guilted Michael for leaving the group.

by Anonymousreply 6809/21/2014

[quote]If you can't Google it, then shame on you.

And so I did. Look at what I found. This came out at the same time it was being reported that lardass was being called a "billionaire".

Here's Why Janet Jackson Is Not On Our Billionaires List

The Internet is abuzz with news that singer Janet Jackson is a billionaire. In fact several news outlets are saying she is “officially” a billionaire.

There’s just one problem: it isn’t true.

The reports stem from a story in Variety this week about Jackson titled “Behind the Velvet Rope.” The story is connected to Jackson’s work with the charity AmFAR and is surrounded by full-page ads congratulating Jackson on being “a billion dollar entertainer.”

To be fair, the story does not specifically say that Jackson is a billionaire. It just lays out the money that her work has brought in over the span of her career including $81 million from music and book publishing, $260 million in album sales and $458 million from touring. Together with other areas of business, the revenues add up to $1.2 billion.

But that’s very different than a net worth. Net worth is based on the value of the cash and assets you have at the moment, not on how much your work has brought in over a lifetime. When we evaluate whether people will make our annual list of the World’s Billionaires, we look at things like stock holdings, real estate and art collections. Oprah Winfrey is a billionaire because of the value of her holdings in things like Discovery and Harpo Productions, not because of the ad revenue her show generated over the years.

by Anonymousreply 6909/21/2014
Need more help? Click Here.