Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Boy Scouts vote to allow gay members

The Boy Scouts of America voted Thursday to allow gay youth to participate in scouting. The historic vote, with 60% in favor, signals another shift in American public opinion about homosexuality but still leaves the organization with many future hurdles.

The vote overturns a 22-year-old ban on openly gay scouts. It was based on a line from the 1911 Boy Scouts of America oath: "On my honor I will do my best….to keep myself physically strong, mentally alert and morally straight." Since 1991 the Scouts have barred openly gay individuals from participating in Scouting because it was decided that being gay was incompatible with being "morally straight."

More at link

by Anonymousreply 1105/23/2013

FReeper heads are exploding over this. That makes it even better.

by Anonymousreply 105/23/2013

For the life of me, I can't figure out why a gay boy would want to be a scout. I couldn't wait to get out of scouts.

by Anonymousreply 205/23/2013

Gay Scouts: Yes, Scout Leaders: No. How can a gay scout have a role model?

by Anonymousreply 305/23/2013

[quote]For the life of me, I can't figure out why a gay boy would want to be a scout. I couldn't wait to get out of scouts.

Surely there are some of us who got our first blowjobs at scout camp.

by Anonymousreply 405/23/2013

[quote]For the life of me, I can't figure out why a gay boy would want to be a scout. I couldn't wait to get out of scouts.

Also, neckerchiefs. 'Nuff said.

by Anonymousreply 505/23/2013

Yes they are R1

It and been fun reading their bullshit

by Anonymousreply 605/23/2013

It's where uniform fetishes are born.

by Anonymousreply 705/23/2013

The Boy Scouts' refusal to "permit" gay scout leaders is unacceptable. I hope non-profits and other funders and charitable givers understand this and withhold support unless full acceptance that gay people are the equal of anyone else in working with, supporting, mentoring and leading children.

Until then, fuck the Boy Scouts! (In the bad way.)

by Anonymousreply 805/23/2013

Well, I'll Swan!!

by Anonymousreply 905/23/2013

By not allowing openly gay adults to participate they are creating a smokescreen where closeted sexual predators can gain entry with greater ease.

by Anonymousreply 1005/23/2013

So you can be a top notch scout but when you turn 18, you're a pervert. It is half hearted.

by Anonymousreply 1105/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.