Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What was the crappiest film you've seen recently?

Originally I thought anything by Christopher Nolan would be good, but after I saw "The Prestige", I changed that assessment. It was incredibly boring; both Jackman and Bale sucked.

I guess the reason why I disliked the film so much and stopped watching around the 18 minute mark was because I disliked the premise of the film. A film about magicians? For real? I think magicianss are boring and irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 1605/23/2013

I picked up a DVD of Broken City at the library. I'm not a Mark Wahlberg fan, but the other actors are Jeffrey Wright, Russell Crowe, CZJ, and Kyle Chandler, so I gave it a try. It sucked, and the surprise is that the script and the direction were to blame. And Alona Tal belongs on TV, not the movies.

by Anonymousreply 105/23/2013

You have no idea how bad The Prestige can get if you've only seen the first 18 minutes. The third act twist is beyond stupid. OTOH I envy you all the time you didn't waste.

by Anonymousreply 205/23/2013

Four weddings and a funeral. After 30 minutes I had seen enough !

by Anonymousreply 305/23/2013

The Men Next Door

Magic Mike

The Seminarian

by Anonymousreply 405/23/2013

The Iron Lady

by Anonymousreply 505/23/2013

" A film about magicians? For real? I think magicianss are boring and irrelevant"

Then what the fuck did you rent it for, dumb ass OP?

by Anonymousreply 605/23/2013

"This Means War." Just horrible.

by Anonymousreply 705/23/2013

hansel and gretel - witch hunter, thought it will be so bad that at least it will provide some good laughs. Didn't really deliver on the laughs either.

by Anonymousreply 805/23/2013

[quote]I rented a film with a metaphoric plot centered on themes of magic and miraculous transformation and it's crappy and I couldn't watch it because I'm so dense and literal I thought it was about magicians, which are a priori boring and irrelevant. I didn't bother considering performances, direction, editing or cinematography. I quit watching and it's the crappiest movie I've seen recently because me no like magicians. Also, I'm such an idiot I rented a movie about magicians.

by Anonymousreply 905/23/2013

Place Beyond The Pines. Gosling was terrible as a piece of white trash. Bradley Cooper was even worse as the honest cop who was originally a cop! Eva Mendes tries to act straight and she seems dykier than Ellen DeGeneres. It felt like a reheated version of Copland...even Ray Liotta showed up from that film. Adding insult to injury the length of the film is unmanageable.Two hours and 40 minutes long, what a bore. It's the type of film where you pop your cock in an empty popcorn box and get blown/sucked/teabagged and swallowed by your date!

by Anonymousreply 1005/23/2013

I meant that Bradley Cooper was a cop who was originally a lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 1105/23/2013

I see that the ever so gracious and pleasant Christian Bale has graced us with his presence at r6.

by Anonymousreply 1205/23/2013

The Paperboy

What Just Happened

Blood Creek - was reminded of this Henry Cavill starring POS in another thread, recent-ish but so bad it deserves a mention. Can't recall a thing about it or Michael Fassbender being in it.

by Anonymousreply 1305/23/2013

Les Mis. Terrible.

by Anonymousreply 1405/23/2013

most recently, Gatsby and before that I have to say Silver Linings Playbook. Not that it was total crap but I feel totally overrated in every respect.

by Anonymousreply 1505/23/2013

[quote]Les Mis. Terrible

Impossible. It swept the Academy Awards

by Anonymousreply 1605/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!