Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What was the crappiest film you've seen recently?

Originally I thought anything by Christopher Nolan would be good, but after I saw "The Prestige", I changed that assessment. It was incredibly boring; both Jackman and Bale sucked.

I guess the reason why I disliked the film so much and stopped watching around the 18 minute mark was because I disliked the premise of the film. A film about magicians? For real? I think magicianss are boring and irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 1605/23/2013

I picked up a DVD of Broken City at the library. I'm not a Mark Wahlberg fan, but the other actors are Jeffrey Wright, Russell Crowe, CZJ, and Kyle Chandler, so I gave it a try. It sucked, and the surprise is that the script and the direction were to blame. And Alona Tal belongs on TV, not the movies.

by Anonymousreply 105/23/2013

You have no idea how bad The Prestige can get if you've only seen the first 18 minutes. The third act twist is beyond stupid. OTOH I envy you all the time you didn't waste.

by Anonymousreply 205/23/2013

Four weddings and a funeral. After 30 minutes I had seen enough !

by Anonymousreply 305/23/2013

The Men Next Door

Magic Mike

Prometheus

August

The Seminarian

by Anonymousreply 405/23/2013

Brave

The Iron Lady

by Anonymousreply 505/23/2013

" A film about magicians? For real? I think magicianss are boring and irrelevant"

Then what the fuck did you rent it for, dumb ass OP?

by Anonymousreply 605/23/2013

"This Means War." Just horrible.

by Anonymousreply 705/23/2013

hansel and gretel - witch hunter, thought it will be so bad that at least it will provide some good laughs. Didn't really deliver on the laughs either.

by Anonymousreply 805/23/2013

[quote]I rented a film with a metaphoric plot centered on themes of magic and miraculous transformation and it's crappy and I couldn't watch it because I'm so dense and literal I thought it was about magicians, which are a priori boring and irrelevant. I didn't bother considering performances, direction, editing or cinematography. I quit watching and it's the crappiest movie I've seen recently because me no like magicians. Also, I'm such an idiot I rented a movie about magicians.

by Anonymousreply 905/23/2013

Place Beyond The Pines. Gosling was terrible as a piece of white trash. Bradley Cooper was even worse as the honest cop who was originally a cop! Eva Mendes tries to act straight and she seems dykier than Ellen DeGeneres. It felt like a reheated version of Copland...even Ray Liotta showed up from that film. Adding insult to injury the length of the film is unmanageable.Two hours and 40 minutes long, what a bore. It's the type of film where you pop your cock in an empty popcorn box and get blown/sucked/teabagged and swallowed by your date!

by Anonymousreply 1005/23/2013

I meant that Bradley Cooper was a cop who was originally a lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 1105/23/2013

I see that the ever so gracious and pleasant Christian Bale has graced us with his presence at r6.

by Anonymousreply 1205/23/2013

The Paperboy

Lincoln

What Just Happened

Blood Creek - was reminded of this Henry Cavill starring POS in another thread, recent-ish but so bad it deserves a mention. Can't recall a thing about it or Michael Fassbender being in it.

by Anonymousreply 1305/23/2013

Les Mis. Terrible.

by Anonymousreply 1405/23/2013

most recently, Gatsby and before that I have to say Silver Linings Playbook. Not that it was total crap but I feel totally overrated in every respect.

by Anonymousreply 1505/23/2013

[quote]Les Mis. Terrible

Impossible. It swept the Academy Awards

by Anonymousreply 1605/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.