Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Robert Downey Jr. may be REPLACED in Iron Man 4...

Apparently he scheduled in too many movies and has no time to produce Iron Man 4 until 2015 (which probably means the movie won't be released until 2016-2017).

I always thought an actor like Downey is easily replaceable, but I'm so used to seeing him in the Iron Movies, I'd probably miss him and have a hard time adjusting to a new actor. But I'm willing to part ways with Downey if it means seeing Iron Man 4 in 2014. I mean anything can happen in 3-4 years time so I don't want to wait that long for an Iron Man 4.

Anyway, if he is replaced then who would you want as Tony Stark. I say Paul Bettany all the way. But then I guess they'd have to replace J.A.R.V.I.S., Stark's cyber robot.

by Anonymousreply 1005/25/2013

I saw 3 last night. (My partner asked for it.)

Downey as a smug talent-waster makes Johnny Depp look like Gielgud. His nasty face, his boring patter, his hard-core and practiced insolence, his hipness - such an unappealing construction, but typical among addicts who think they've beat the system while still using.

And Paltrow. My God. The cunt that swallowed Hollywood. i kept wishing both characters would be killed, but they weren't.

Replacement? They're just warning him not ask for $100 million.

by Anonymousreply 105/23/2013

How about not making Iron Man 4...

by Anonymousreply 205/23/2013

Lot course this has NOTHING to do with RDJ asking for 100 million to be in he next two films...

by Anonymousreply 305/23/2013

Maybe GOOP will finally get her own movie as she's been hinting she wants one. What's her character in it? I only saw the first one (and found it rote).

by Anonymousreply 405/23/2013

The thing is, Marvel doesn't flinch at replacements and it's well known that they're cheap motherfucking bastards, happily nickel and diming everyone; however, Iron Man is the only one that's made giant numbers. Captain America and Thor haven't, so I don't know if they'd want to cut their losses like that.

RDJ will have to be replaced eventually though right? He's pushing 50 already.

by Anonymousreply 505/23/2013

I wonder if something else is up with Downey.

by Anonymousreply 605/23/2013

I'm so over RDJ. He is a total Hollywood sellout who squandered his talent for drugs and now just "acts" for $. He is a self absorbed bullshit artist.

by Anonymousreply 705/23/2013

Let him walk - it's not like Edward Norton was so important to the Hulk franchise. They get paid plenty for these things.

by Anonymousreply 805/23/2013

Michael Fassbender

by Anonymousreply 905/23/2013

Slight whiff of burning bridges?

by Anonymousreply 1005/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.