Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Did Mike Myers retire?

Was the flop of "The Love Guru" so devastating that he's gone permanently?

by Dellareply 3005/24/2013

That and the gay rumors. Mike's a very sensitive, rich guy with a thin skin and bloated sense of self-importance.

by Dellareply 105/23/2013

I remember one interview where the interviewer, who had heard Myers go on and on about his recently deceased father, said something like "my own father just died." Myers' reaction was like Goop's: no one else has a father except me. (In Myers' case I don't think he slept with his father.)

by Dellareply 205/23/2013

But what was his real reaction? He couldn't have said "No one else has a father except me."

by Dellareply 305/23/2013

I just read his Wikipedia page. He had a small role in "Inglorious Basterds", has remarried, and his wife gave birth to a son in 2011.

by Dellareply 405/23/2013

His look basically said, "no one else's father could ever be important as mine," i.e. no sympathy for anyone except himself.

by Dellareply 505/23/2013

He had an upgrade.

by Dellareply 605/23/2013

The point of an interview is for the subject to answer questions. I hate when an interviewer wants to make the interview about them.

by Dellareply 805/23/2013

One can only hope he has retired.

by Dellareply 905/23/2013

Does this mean there's no sequel to THE CAT IN THE HAT in the works?

by Dellareply 1005/23/2013

[quote] I hate when an interviewer wants to make the interview about them.

Who's the bitch in this Patti LuP segment who keeps talking about herself and constantly interrupts Patti?

by Dellareply 1105/23/2013

I just saw a repeat of Myers on ACTORS STUDIO. Awful. The entire hour was MM selling THE LOVE GURU.

With MM there is no there there.

by Dellareply 1205/23/2013

In the world of improv and sketch comedy (back in his day) I know he was reviled and hated by his peers. Like Robin Williams (who was a notorious thief of other stand-ups), he was known to steal ideas and bits from other improv performers after watching them on stage.

I can't deny, that he's not talented (Robin Williams, too) but I always hear these stories, about these CLEARLY talented performers, and wonder why they have to resort to mining other peoples ideas and ripping off their peers. Makes no sense.

So, maybe Mike retired cuz he ran out of ideas!

by Dellareply 1305/23/2013

[quote]there is no there there

Love this phrase, great new discovery.

by Dellareply 1405/23/2013

Kelly Tisdale is the new bleached blonde wife and yes they have crotch fruit.

by Dellareply 1505/23/2013

Interesting he had a baby at almost 50, but was childless with his ex Robyn. They were together about 20 years.

by Dellareply 1605/23/2013

Isn't anyone interested in "Sprockets: The Movie?"

by Dellareply 1705/23/2013

I don't think anyone would care if Mike Myers were to announce he's gay. I'm not sure if we all assume that everyone in show business is in the closet. Mike Myers has never been , will never be, a leading man type, so who would really care. Same goes for actors like Matthew Broderick, Michael Cera, Jonah Hill and similar other actors that are known for comedy and character roles, not leading man roles. Most people interested in celebrity sexuality focus on actors like Leo, Clooney, Cruise and the like since they play romantic leads. Not that it matters to me, but it seems to matter to alot of people when they keep focusing on whether or not an actor is gay.

by Dellareply 1805/23/2013

Why does anyone think Mike Myers is gay, pray tell?

by Dellareply 1905/23/2013

I never really thought about it but have read rumors over the years. As I posted before, it makes no difference to me and why he would care enough to arrange a bearded marriage is beyond me (if the rumors are true). Doesn't make sense that he has been accused of a bearded marriage since I don't know what he would need to do that. Same for Broderick, who would have really cared if he were gay since he was never leading man material?

by Dellareply 2005/23/2013

Matthew Broderick was the leading man in a dozen or so movies.

by Dellareply 2105/23/2013

This is true [r20]. this is a difference between a "Leading Man" and a "Character Actor".

When we look at a male actor and want to have sex with him, he's a leading man. When we look at an actor and grimace thinking about sex with him, this is a character actor.

by Dellareply 2205/23/2013

r21 He was not the leading man in a romantic movie in the 80's and only a couple of romcoms in the 90's and none since. He may have played a lead character in FBDO, Biloxi Blues, Glory, War Games but they were not romantic leads. The only romantic character he played in the 80's was a gay man in Torch Song Trilogy.

by Dellareply 2305/23/2013

He was a one-note actor. You can only do so many Austin Powers movies.

by Dellareply 2405/23/2013

[quote]I can't deny, that he's not talented (Robin Williams, too) but I always hear these stories, about these CLEARLY talented performers, and wonder why they have to resort to mining other peoples ideas and ripping off their peers. Makes no sense.

by Dellareply 2505/23/2013

I thought the Love Guru was actually pretty funny. Wouldn't watch it again, though.

by Dellareply 2605/24/2013

It's really rather interesting that his SNL generation seem to have fallen off the radar a bit.

Dana Carvey, Mike Myers, Rob Schneider, Tim Meadows, and even Adam Sandler don't really work that often when they were so HUGE in the late 1990s.

I guess David Spade and Kevin Nealon do a lot of second banana work and Farley and Hartman are dead.

by Dellareply 2705/24/2013

R19, he's from Toronto and the gay rumors started here. No one I know has ever slept with him but when he first started showing up on local Toronto TV in the 1980s, friends of friends claimed he was closeted. The rumors followed him to NYC.

by Dellareply 2805/24/2013

Last time I saw a photo of him he looked bloated, but worse than that he was sporting a dyke haircut dyed the fakest shade of brown. He looked awful.

by Dellareply 2905/24/2013

Best Mike Myers movie: "So, I Married An Ax Murderer". Hilarious.

by Dellareply 3005/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!