Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

National Enquirer: Gwyneth has rancid B.O.

[quote]GWYNETH PALTROW may be the “World’s Most Beautiful Woman,” but she sure doesn’t smell like it! The Oscar winner had terrible body odor at New York’s Met Ball on May 6, an eyewitness told The ENQUIRER – but no one at the swanky red-carpet event had the guts to tell her. Poor Gwyneth looked picture-perfect, but it must have been the hot lights that caused her to be a little strong on the nose,” said a source, who got a little too close to the blonde beauty. “It was pretty pungent, and I don’t think she had a clue. I saw at least two people wave their hands in front of their noses after passing her.”

The article goes on to say GP doesn't trust antiperspirants because they contain aluminum (or, as she probably would say, "aluminium").

by Anonymousreply 10405/24/2013

Bitch stank!

by Anonymousreply 205/23/2013

Il paraît qu'ils ne soient pas sensibles à mon eau de toilette.

by Anonymousreply 305/23/2013

No she speaks Spanish honey. Didn't you see her on that show with Mario"The Whale" Batali? You know that guy that fucked her left and right in Spain. Imagine her not bathing for a week and having his stank all over her body after she's just been fucked? Worst BO ever......

by Anonymousreply 405/23/2013

Il ne paraît pas qu'ils soient...

What's the difference?

Also, this must be why Goop didn't have a good time there. Nobody wanted to talk to her!

by Anonymousreply 505/23/2013

She probably uses some natural shit for deodorant which doesn't work

by Anonymousreply 605/23/2013

This is funny. You just know someone at the Met has a friend at the Enquirer and they planted this story to get back at her for slagging off the Met Ball.

by Anonymousreply 705/23/2013

R4: She fucked Mario Batali? Gross.

by Anonymousreply 905/23/2013

even if you didn't hate her before you'll just dislike her now.

by Anonymousreply 1005/23/2013

[quote]You just know someone at the Met has a friend at the Enquirer and they planted this story to get back at her for slagging off the Met Ball.

Exactly. And considering the "met ball" is the domain of hungry anorexic slags and catty, bitchy fags the vindictiveness is par for the course.

by Anonymousreply 1105/23/2013

Maybe someone should tell her that there are plenty of harmless substances out there that get rid of the smell.

by Anonymousreply 1205/23/2013

OK I do not like antiperspirant either (I am fearful of the Aluminum) - so does anyone suggest a workable alternative?

None of the natural ones that I tried worked. And the smell kept getting worse.

by Anonymousreply 1305/23/2013

Gwynnie love:

Call me stat.

by Anonymousreply 1405/23/2013

There are three truths that are self evident in life. Death,taxes and the fact that Gwyneth Paltrow will always be a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 1505/23/2013

Lots of nasty assholes at the Met and Enquirer. Too bad they're still in junior or high school emotionally and mentally.

Mean girls indeed.

by Anonymousreply 1605/23/2013

Aluminum Shlauminum.

I'll never stop wearing antiperspirant and/or deodorant, because, guess what- it works. And I'm even more glad other people use it.

Until now, and except for the amusing reactions to her that I read here, I've always been indifferent to Paltrow, but not anymore-she really does think her shit doesn't stink.

by Anonymousreply 1705/23/2013

Della, there's a difference between antiperspirant and deodorant.

by Anonymousreply 1805/23/2013

Yes, one of them makes you addlepated, and the other one does not.

by Anonymousreply 1905/23/2013

I like a health b.o. smell on my mens, just sayin'. Longtime strong b.o. is a turnoff, howev.

by Anonymousreply 2005/23/2013

There are many people who believe the aluminum in antiperspirants is unhealthy and potentially dangerous, especially because it's applied so close to the lymph nodes.

Deodorant, especially natural deodorants, are not viewed as being potentially dangerous.

I use alum and I have for years. Works great for me. YMMV but there are some great choices on the market now.

by Anonymousreply 2105/23/2013

R13, I've been happy with the product I use that's called Alvera. I've also heard good things about Primal Paste, although I haven't tried it.

by Anonymousreply 2205/23/2013

The natural ones are getting pretty good. I sweat a lot and can be smelly and they work pretty well on me.

by Anonymousreply 2305/23/2013

R23 which ones?

by Anonymousreply 2405/23/2013

That's disgusting, those poor people who had to put up with that. There's nothing worse than B.O.

by Anonymousreply 2505/23/2013

I go without deo on the weekends. I like to lick a guy's sweaty pits.

by Anonymousreply 2605/23/2013

[quote]considering the "met ball" is the domain of hungry anorexic slags and catty, bitchy fags the vindictiveness is par for the course

Agreed. High on the list of reasons to bring back the guillotine.

by Anonymousreply 2705/23/2013

She probably thinks her bowel movements smell like bakery fresh cinnamon rolls!

by Anonymousreply 2805/23/2013

Tom's of Maine deodoraznt does nothing

by Anonymousreply 2905/23/2013

This man seems to like it.

by Anonymousreply 3005/23/2013

[quote]OK I do not like antiperspirant either (I am fearful of the Aluminum) - so does anyone suggest a workable alternative?

Baking soda mixed with water to make a paste, right under the arms. Used it for years with great results. Simple, inexpensive, and totally natural. Probably won't stop excessive sweating, but it kills all odors.

by Anonymousreply 3105/23/2013

But you've got an unsightly pudding in your armpits, r31.

by Anonymousreply 3205/23/2013

I use Right Guard deodorant. The basic gel kind. I don't get particularly sweaty and this stuff works very well. No aluminum. I kind of think blocking up your sweat glands is unhealthy, but if the alternative is going around with huge pit stains, then I guess for some people it is worth the risk.

by Anonymousreply 3305/23/2013

No I don't r32. You don't use a ton of it and glump it on under there - I use barely a teaspoon and mix it with water so that its very thin (almost watery) and it dries easily and nearly clear.

Try it - if you have huge sweating issues it might not be enough to assist but for the average person it's great. Its supposed to be alkalizing too, which is healthy.

by Anonymousreply 3405/23/2013

Tom's of Maine deodorant does not work for me.

I've tried the baking soda thing, but developed a painful rash after a few days, so that's out too.

Any other suggestions that have worked for people?

by Anonymousreply 3505/23/2013

I read Elvis took some kind of pills that made him not sweat.

by Anonymousreply 3605/23/2013

That worked out well for him.

by Anonymousreply 3705/23/2013

He wasn't poisoning himself with aluminum.

by Anonymousreply 3805/23/2013

R34 I can confirm this. Baking soda gets rid of the smell, and body odor actually, and a light hydrogen peroxide solution works great as well.

by Anonymousreply 4005/23/2013

Pit Stop is great. They also make a formula for women called Pit Powder.

by Anonymousreply 4105/23/2013

Bet she swears off deodorant as part of her healthy living lifestyle. Remember Gwinny Goop, nobody wants to stand next to a stinky, no matter how famous they are.

by Anonymousreply 4205/23/2013

I hate antiperspirant, it makes my armpits itch like a fucker. But deodorant is fine and I don't mind a little sweat under there, who cares?

by Anonymousreply 4305/23/2013

r40 I've heard hydrogen peroxide is great as well, alone or mixed with the baking soda. Adds to the germ and bacteria killing capability (bacteria is what causes bo).

by Anonymousreply 4405/23/2013

Oh, God, every time I think I've apologized enough...

by Anonymousreply 4505/23/2013

People who don't use antiperspirants should be quarantined. I don't care if it kills you. Put it on!

by Anonymousreply 4605/23/2013

I've been using Thai crystal for 18 years. Never once had a problem with stinking pits.

by Anonymousreply 4705/23/2013

by Anonymousreply 4805/23/2013

Andy Warhol said Jerry Hall had bad B.O. also. It's in his published diaries.

by Anonymousreply 4905/23/2013

[quote]Baking soda mixed with water to make a paste, right under the arms.

Is it okay to scrape some out of your armpit and use it for baking?

by Anonymousreply 5005/23/2013

I will bet you ten bucks that Anna Wintour is the source of this little item!

Gwynnie criticized her ball in the press, and if you embarrass Anna "Nuclear" Wintour there's going to be payback.

by Anonymousreply 5105/23/2013

Vodka swabbed in the pits.

by Anonymousreply 5205/23/2013

Perhaps she is on a low carb diet. Many people stink when undergoing ketosis.

Or maybe it's one of those Zen diets

by Anonymousreply 5305/23/2013

This thread is starting to reek of MitchFest

by Anonymousreply 5405/23/2013

[quote]Vodka swabbed in the pits.

Or better yet, drink copious amounts and have it seep out of your skin.

by Anonymousreply 5505/23/2013

Why do you all insist on spelling aluminium aluminum?

by Anonymousreply 5605/23/2013

Enough with the innocent act, Blythe. You like to pretend you're above it all, but you wanted your grandchildren to call you Woof. We know who you are.

by Anonymousreply 5705/23/2013

I've been telling this to people for YEARS.

by Anonymousreply 5805/23/2013

She always stank.

by Anonymousreply 5905/23/2013

I was just waiting for Miss Wintour to lash back at Gwyneth for dissing her party.

by Anonymousreply 6005/23/2013

Ms Wintour certainly has an odd sense of humour!

by Anonymousreply 6105/23/2013

[quote]She fucked Mario Batali? Gross.

Well, it sure as hell wasn't ME!

by Anonymousreply 6205/23/2013

I used to use antiperspirant until my uncle gave me Lancome Bocage deodorant. He got a twin-pack in a duty-free store when he flew in for a visit.

I will never go back. That stuff is amazing. Smells so good and lasts a long time. It's expensive but well worth it.

by Anonymousreply 6305/23/2013

R62 Bitty did you fuck Claudia Bassols' boyfriend because she just didn't seem like your type? Gwennie has a pussy too so that counts her out and she smells like a steaming pile of shit. Or was there a moment with Mario in Spain? Please tell us....

by Anonymousreply 6405/23/2013

What makes you think it's underarm odor. Maybe it's cooch

by Anonymousreply 6505/23/2013

another vote for baking soda...

by Anonymousreply 6605/23/2013

Love how everyone is blaming Wintour for this. PSYCH.

by Anonymousreply 6705/23/2013

If this is true, why would designers loan her dresses when she stinks them up?

by Anonymousreply 6805/23/2013

Of course it's not true, R68. It's a childish made-up attack. In every photo I've seen of Paltrow since she and Pitt ended, her hair has been clean and shiny and her skin looks great. No way her hygiene is bad; with long straight blond hair and a fair complexion, it would be obvious.

I think we all remember the Pitt days when they were into heroin chic with their dirty stringy hair.

by Anonymousreply 6905/23/2013

r69, it's not a matter of clean, shiny hair. It's a matter of being in a hot room w/o having worn deodorant. Many of my students (particularly the international ones) look spectacular and smell to high heaven.

by Anonymousreply 7005/23/2013

R70, part of that is due to diet. Frankly, I'm surprised any of your fair blond students would smell like that.

When your hygiene is good, even if you get hot and perspire it's not going to be the kind of odor the Enquirer described.

by Anonymousreply 7105/23/2013

Why is this woman always in the news? Just today I read she got in trouble for saying she had on so much make up that she looked like RuPaul and said "last night I was literally a transvestite."

by Anonymousreply 7205/23/2013

I'm a very fair, blue eyed blonde and am just like everybody else when it comes to perspiration. I have never heard skin color or hair color related to perspiration before. It's nuts. Also, I thought Batali and that REM guy were the item. I can't remember his name now. He's the famous one. I can see his little bald head - looks like a soulful Niles Crane - what's his name??? God I'm getting old!

by Anonymousreply 7305/23/2013

by Anonymousreply 7405/23/2013

I know people are blaming vindictive Met workers, but I always wondered about her to begin with.

All you have to do is take one look at Chris Martin and you just know the both of them reek. Chris looks dirty, disheveled and stinky, so it would stand to reason that they are similar in their hygenic habits.

It would also make sense as to why people were avoiding her at the party. And if you read the article, it wasn't mean spirited. It actually made some excuses for her, like the room was hot, etc.

by Anonymousreply 7505/23/2013

[quote]I have never heard skin color or hair color related to perspiration before.

Even though you admit to being a blond, try to keep up, R73. The point about long straight blond hair was all about hygiene and showering, not perspiration. If you don't keep long straight blond hair clean (which means showering / shampooing), it shows real fast. On a purely visual basis, other hair types and colors can get by without shampooing a little longer.

by Anonymousreply 7605/23/2013

You can try anti-bacterial ointment.

by Anonymousreply 7705/23/2013

As I see it, there's some hypocrisy about Gwyneth and her "healthy habits." First of all, does she still smoke? Yes, Gwyneth was and may still be a smoker. Nicotine. She also tokes a joint now and then. Marijuana.

She also drinks alcohol. Vodka. And wine. And sometimes high end imported beers. nd Soda. Yes. She drinks soda. She is not vegan. So she eats red meat. Probably the finest grass fed beef,but still.

And she definitely drinks coffee. High end specially brewed coffee, but all these things taken together contribute to bad breath and body odor.

So yo can't do things by halves. she is going to stop wearing deodorant, then she will have to change all her habits. or she will be stanky.

The other thing is, maybe that dress was stinky. Brand new fabric, couture, etc. sometimes there is definitely an odor to them. I think someone at the Met Gala was unnecessarily brutal to leak that. With all her nonsense, I like Gwyneth.

by Anonymousreply 7805/23/2013

One word: perimenopause

by Anonymousreply 7905/23/2013

Gwynnie thinks the over-priced, obnoxious restaurant Babbo is heaven on earth!

Anyone freaked by this aluminum might give me Alzheimer's crap is bizarre, probably the same people who go on "juice fasts" so that thy can give their colon "a rest"!

by Anonymousreply 8005/23/2013

You may well be on to something, R79.

I just don't get people who can work out for two hours a day, and "juice" then smoke and drink and eat and think they are "insured" against the unpleasantness of life.

by Anonymousreply 8105/24/2013

Maybe she's just lazy and often skips showers.

by Anonymousreply 8205/24/2013

Kate Bosworth's pits smell like HEAVEN.

by Anonymousreply 8305/24/2013

Deodorant alternative: Chlorophyll tablets. They work.

by Anonymousreply 8405/24/2013

She should use Tom's Natural Deodorant

by Anonymousreply 8505/24/2013

I use Mitchum deodorant powder stick and it's great. When people have extreme body odor doesn't that mean that the person contains a lot of toxins in their body and they need to detox themselves? I don't think that is normal.

by Anonymousreply 8605/24/2013

No it means their body produces more apocrine sweat that attracts the bacteria that eats the compounds in that type of sweat and produces that stench as a byproduct.

by Anonymousreply 8705/24/2013

Thank You R87.

by Anonymousreply 8805/24/2013

I called my daughter-in-law who attended the gala and, being a bitch myself, asked her if the Gwyneth item was true. She said, not only was it true, people were intentionally walking by her to get a whiff. And she also said it was part BO/part fabric sizing chemicals.

D-i-l will now be a DL regular.

by Anonymousreply 8905/24/2013

Look at the material on the dress she's wearing. I think that would make anyone sweat and smell. I hate wearing non-cotton clothing. And I'm not some granola maniac. I wear deodorant with antiperspirant. I live in Dallas. It's a must.

by Anonymousreply 9005/24/2013

Nam EW ste.

by Anonymousreply 9105/24/2013

Think of the poor person that actually buys that dress after she returns it. Thousands of dollars and b/o stains that will never come out.

by Anonymousreply 9205/24/2013

See? I knew it was fabric related as much as it was her. And I'm not so sure it was her. she wouldn't have to have BO. All she'd have to do is sweat, and trigger the chemicals in the fabric, especially in a hot, crowded situation.

Have none of you ever been to a summer wedding in a church or a house with no air conditioning? Ugh. Fabric and fabric sizing chemicals can be very offensive.

I think the entire National Enquirer expose is humiliating and terribly mean spirited. If you were in her position you'd feel horrible. Gwyneth needs to fire the stylist and really raise hell with the people at Valentino who dressed her. They are the ones who look like amateurs. She's a victim.

by Anonymousreply 9305/24/2013

Fabric sizing chemicals? I've never heard of this before. Though I have noticed sometimes there's a "new clothes" smell and stiffness to some garments. How do these chemicals work?

by Anonymousreply 9405/24/2013

Fabric sizing chemicals?

Back in my day people used measuring tapes.

by Anonymousreply 9505/24/2013

There is no way out for Gwynnie at this point, nothing she does is right. She should self-deport.

by Anonymousreply 9605/24/2013

I guess wearing hideous dresses makes one sweat and stink more than usual.

by Anonymousreply 9705/24/2013

Well, when you're dealing with a 120 pound cunt what do you expect?

by Anonymousreply 9805/24/2013

You just KNOW that bitch pulled out all the stops so Valentino would give her a free dress. Who'd buy that funked up piece of shit she was wearing?

by Anonymousreply 9905/24/2013

If the dress were put on an eBay auction, you know there are enough dippy goop acolytes out there who would bid for it. Sixty of them plunked down $2000 apiece for a cooking lesson with Gynnie, after all. It could be like a game worn athletic jersey from a pro athlete. She could autograph it and advertise "suitable or framing."

by Anonymousreply 10005/24/2013

i'm a redhead - pale skin & freckles - and i sweat quite a bit - no problem with heat exchange!

but - my skin reacts badly to a lot of the chemicals in various deodorants - and even those stupid 'natural crystal' things - that apparently contain more aluminum than mass produced commercial deodorants. I end up with bad dermatitis - it isn't pretty!

I also hate the stink on a lot of the deodorants & anti perspirants on the market - cheap and nasty - and really strong! I don't wanna smell like that.

Used to use biotherm's deo stick - but then it bacme hard to get 'cos there was some chemical innit that wasn't approved of by the american FDA - and the roll-on just wasn't as good. Started using the arm & hammer baking soda stick available from drugstores in the united states when visiting (i'm in australia) and it was great - but you can't get em here...

eventually went back to some research i'd read about years ago in britain (where they know a thing or two about BO!). supposedly they found that if you gently wash under each armpit with soap and a facecloth for a minute each day for a week - then cut back to thirty seconds each after that - it evacuates the sweat glands and keeps 'em free of stale sweat an' BO.

Providing I do it gently (skin in my pits is sensentive and if i scub too hard it ends up chafed and sore) and with a good soap - ph balanced like sebamed - it seems to work fine. doesn't stop me from sweating that much - esp on humid summer days1 - but doesn't smell bad at all & i don't reek of chemicals or end up with dermatitis. only ever daub on deodorant now if it's expecially hot and i'm dressed up for a business event or something...

recommend the method - but obviously there'd be no profit in it for any industry much - so it isn't gonna attract any marketing or advertising bucks to promote it :(

by Anonymousreply 10105/24/2013

R12, I use Tom's deodorant, the lemongrass scent. I'd tried other deodorants and they weren't that effective. This one works well for me. Tom's also has other scents.

by Anonymousreply 10205/24/2013

[quote]She's a victim.

So are all of us who have to listen to the foul, rancid, shit that comes pouring out of her mouth every time she opens it.

by Anonymousreply 10305/24/2013

Did you see the dress she wore to the event? It was a knit with long sleeves and the only open part was a small area at each shoulder. It would have been stiflingly hot and, unless it was a natural fiber, it would have gotten very stinky. My guess is that BO is not typical for her. If it were, she would know it by now and have a solution for it.

by Anonymousreply 10405/24/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!