Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Robin Roberts

Writing her memoir.

by Anonymousreply 5505/28/2013

Uh oh. That's not a good sign.

by Anonymousreply 105/23/2013

I guess she'll be coming out in her book.

by Anonymousreply 205/23/2013

The fraus will be salivating over this fictionalized account of the life of this modern day saint.

by Anonymousreply 305/23/2013

Is she terminal?

Is she like ex-general and Pres. Grant trying to cash in before she dies?

If not, who would possibly care about Robin Roberts' autobiography?

by Anonymousreply 405/23/2013

This is her second book.

Surely her third, "Hiding In Plain Sight: The Glass Closet" will be released soon, too!

by Anonymousreply 505/23/2013

When is that dyke gonna come out?

by Anonymousreply 605/23/2013

I have to say I like her, but really, who does she think she's fooling? Someone like her could be a great role model for gay women and African American women as well.

by Anonymousreply 705/23/2013

Will she talk about the woman (as reported in the tabloids) who decided to end their relationship because the woman couldn't cope with the bone marrow situation?

by Anonymousreply 805/24/2013

Who really cares? Nobody, her 15 minutes will be up before long.

by Anonymousreply 905/24/2013

R7, what if she got fired after coming out and viewers turned on her, boycotted advertisers, etc.?

by Anonymousreply 1005/24/2013

ME: Confessions of an Egomaniac by Robin Roberts

by Anonymousreply 1105/24/2013

[quote]Will she talk about the woman (as reported in the tabloids) who decided to end their relationship because the woman couldn't cope with the bone marrow situation?

Interesting. I hadn't read that.

[quote]what if she got fired after coming out and viewers turned on her, boycotted advertisers, etc.?

Doesn't one of her cohosts have a gay husband??

by Anonymousreply 1205/24/2013

Will she mention the lesbian sucking?

by Anonymousreply 1305/24/2013

[quote]ME: Confessions of an Egomaniac by Robin Roberts

I'ma play her in the movie version. Academy Award, here I come, baby!

by Anonymousreply 1405/25/2013

RIP

by Anonymousreply 1505/25/2013

@ [reply 7]

I like her too, but I am a bit pissed that she has not truly come out as well. Visibility does matter. Hell, she would be a role model to me and other black glbt women. Well to all glbt women. Yet she remains silent. Why? Perplexed. She has been so open in regards to other aspects of her life. In an article that appeared in People she did mention that she appreciated Cyndi Lauper's work to increase acceptance of the glbt community, but that was all she said concerning that topic. She was presenting at an awards event that was honoring Cyndi lauper.

by Anonymousreply 1605/25/2013

@ [reply 8]

No. First of all the memoir will chronicle her battle with MDS. Second, those tabloid rumors are false, based on the woman's social media feeds.

by Anonymousreply 1705/25/2013

@[r 10] Sam Champion came out several months ago, and GMA is still kicking The Today Show and that CBS early morning show's asses in total viewers and squeaking by them in the 25-54 demo rating.

by Anonymousreply 1805/25/2013

Angie won't let her get away with this. We'll soon hear that Ms. Jolie is removing the bottom half of her body to avoid disease.

by Anonymousreply 1905/25/2013

Does she have a partner?

by Anonymousreply 2005/25/2013

She is only on GMA intermittently now and doesn't look well.

by Anonymousreply 2105/26/2013

I have a female friend (lesbian) who vacationed with a group of about 10 lesbians, including their partners, about 10 years ago. They went to Key West several times a year for several years, until some of the couples started breaking up. RR was one of the vacationers.

by Anonymousreply 2205/26/2013

@[r 21]

Yeah, I have read that she has not been cleared by her doctors for a full work load yet. Just 3-4 days a week. Besides being skinny because of the 30 plus pounds she lost how else does she not look well. She did say that she feels like 80% now. And before when people asked her how she feel before she would say good but not mean it.

by Anonymousreply 2305/26/2013

We will never know because RR is very private about her private life.

by Anonymousreply 2405/26/2013

So she's dying? Too bad she seems nice enough.

by Anonymousreply 2505/26/2013

I can't help but notice that she doesn't seem to like Josh Elliott. I don't blame her.

by Anonymousreply 2605/26/2013

This book of self-canonization will be lapped up by the fraus who think she is str8. If she even hints at not being a man-lovin' type of gal they will stay away in droves. Anybody who thinks this colossal phony is going to come out in this book is seriously stupid.

by Anonymousreply 2705/26/2013

Robin will probably come out in the book. When a celebrity releases a book there always has to be some salacious detail that has not been talked about publicly before in order to drive sales.

Recent examples: Jimmy Connors - Chris Evert had an abortion Clive Davis - Bisexual (Gay)

Sam Champion came out and married a guy, the ratings for GMA have not been affected. Methinks that ABC News Execs probably wanted to test the waters with Champion first. Him leaving the show if it caused the ratings to slide would not be as big of a deal as if Robin were to leave the show.

Now that Champion has shown that it has had little to no affect, I am sure ABC News Execs have given their blessing for Robin to step out of the closet.

Watch, the book will be released in either November, February or May to get maximum ratings impact during a sweeps month.

by Anonymousreply 2805/26/2013

Puhleeeez R28. Deluded much? This book will be allllllll about the brave and valiant struggle to overcome cancer that our plucky heroine has been waging. It will not mention her pussy eating nor will it mention the millions of dollars of free health care she got courtesy of her employer-provided totally-free Cadillac health plan.

by Anonymousreply 2905/26/2013

[quote]I guess she'll be coming out in her book.

That's what I was thinking. Pretty hard to tactfully avoid the absence of a man for your entire life, but I'm sure it can be done if she's desperate enough.

R22, who was RR's partner?

by Anonymousreply 3005/26/2013

[R22]She does love Key West. Do you know, or rather, does anyone know any other 411 on closet case Robins?

by Anonymousreply 3205/26/2013

The key element that will keep her closeted is her Christianity. She might be gay but I don't think she's cool with it. She gives every indication of being a self-loather. She's probably told Sam Champion she prays for him.

by Anonymousreply 3305/26/2013

[quote]I have to say I like her, but really, who does she think she's fooling?

Well, since her Mom died, apparently herself. Denial ain't just the setting for Elton John's Broadway extravaganza "Aida", Honey.

by Anonymousreply 3405/26/2013

R34 do you really think that she is in denial, lol?

by Anonymousreply 3505/26/2013

R33 Christianity is of paramount importance to her, and others especially in the Black community. I can't tell you the number of black churches I have gone to where they say how being a homosexy is an abomination. She probably isn't cool with it. It is not like Robin is at all active in the gay community. What indications does she give of being a self-loather? She sends her blessings to many. How can you be gay and a Christian. Makes no sense. They want no part of you.

by Anonymousreply 3605/26/2013

Her fake smarminess has always bugged the hell outta me.

by Anonymousreply 3705/26/2013

Our Robin is an inspiration to us all on how to handle a serious life threatening crises with grace and dignity.

by Anonymousreply 3805/26/2013

[quote] What indications does she give of being a self-loather?

In your own words..

[quote] I can't tell you the number of black churches I have gone to where they say how being a homosexy is an abomination. She probably isn't cool with it.

by Anonymousreply 3905/26/2013

Has she ever been to MichFest?

by Anonymousreply 4005/26/2013

How about she comes out as gay but says she doesn't practice gay sex?

by Anonymousreply 4105/26/2013

A little off topic but...Mellody Hobson used to do reporting on markets and economic trends for GMA, she has since moved on to CBS News. Apparently, during her time on GMA, she had a torrid affair with Diane Sawyer. Even more interesting Mellody has bearded for George Lucas since 2006 and became engaged to him in January.

Has anyone noticed how close Diane and Robin are. Diane was on set when Robin announced her bone marrow transplant and Diane was shown visiting her in the hospital on the day of her surgery. I don't think they are an item but I def think the fact that they are both closeted lesbians has caused them to form a special bond.

by Anonymousreply 4205/26/2013

She used to/or still is with the bb coach of Auburn

by Anonymousreply 4305/26/2013

Hey, Andy/r31, who is "DTM"? I think you are on to something, r42. So who are the straights on GMA? Josh Elliot, lol?

by Anonymousreply 4405/26/2013

r44

Josh is straight but is very close to both Robin and Sam, go figure. The straight frat boy is friends with the flaming gay guy and the butch lesbian. Josh is being groomed to take over for George when he leaves the show. Josh has a huge ego though and rubs some people the wrong way.

Lara is also straight and is very close with Sam. She is somewhat delusional though. Lara thinks that when Robin leaves GMA that they will offer her the anchor position. Almost comical if you think about it.

by Anonymousreply 4505/26/2013

What is so comical about this, R45?

by Anonymousreply 4605/26/2013

R44 DTM is DL icon David Tyler Muir, of course.

by Anonymousreply 4705/26/2013

Robin? ENOUGH!!

by Anonymousreply 4805/27/2013

[quote]Josh is straight but is very close to both Robin and Sam, go figure. The straight frat boy is friends with the flaming gay guy and the butch lesbian.

Josh's Father was gay.

by Anonymousreply 4905/27/2013

Is that a rumor, or has he confirmed it?

by Anonymousreply 5005/27/2013

It's best you spend you money on a celebrity that has the balls to come out and who will has been cleared of cancer. Tig's memoir will be out in a year and will be better priced that Robins. Also, please support Tig's documentary. Proceeds might go to assorted cancer research agencies.

by Anonymousreply 5105/27/2013

r20, here's video of Josh honoring his gay dad.

by Anonymousreply 5205/27/2013

Great r52, nice to hear we have an ally in Josh. I think most people who dislike him just have a knee-jerk aversion to his frat boy type.

by Anonymousreply 5305/27/2013

Interesting that so many high-profile news people are gay.

Dianne Sawyer and Robin Roberts are gay but closeted.

Sam Champion came out.

Don Lemon came out.

Stephanie Gosk and Jenna Wolfe came out and are engaged to each other.

Anderson Cooper came out.

by Anonymousreply 5405/27/2013

Bump?

by Anonymousreply 5505/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.