Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Justin Trudeau responds to Toronto Mayor Rob Ford allegedly calling him a fag

[quote]Rob Ford Video: Justin Trudeau Reacts To Alleged Anti-Gay Slur

Federal Liberal leader Justin Trudeau has responded to the anti-gay slur Toronto Mayor Rob Ford allegedly uttered against him.

“I just hope the words he is alleged to have used are not true,” Trudeau said in Ottawa on Tuesday. “It’s a sentiment that a huge number of Canadians — and not just Canadians of the LGBTQ community — find reprehensible and unacceptable.”

In a cellphone video that seemingly everyone is talking about but few have reportedly seen, the embattled Toronto mayor is allegedly shown inhaling from a glass pipe. The Toronto Star and U.S. site Gawker have reported that Ford appears to be smoking crack cocaine in the clip, which is now being shopped around by a group of Somali men involved in the drug trade.

The clip also allegedly features a man off camera discussing the rookie Liberal leader.

According to two Toronto Star reporters, Ford appears to say, “Justin Trudeau’s a fag.”

At another point in the clip, Ford is allegedly asked about the high school football team he coaches and, again according to Star reporters, appears to say, “they are just f--ing minorities.”

Ford has said very little about the video but did call the allegations “ridiculous” on Friday.

"It’s another story with respect to the Toronto Star going after me,” he said.

Mayor Ford has not had a smooth relationship with Toronto's LGBT community. He has repeatedly turned down offers to march in Toronto's Pride Parade, saying that it conflicts with a long-standing family weekend at the cottage. Ford also came under fire in 2006 for saying, "If you are not doing needles and you are not gay, you wouldn’t get AIDS probably." He later apologized for that comment.

While Ford’s alleged drug use has garnered international attention — including mockery from popular U.S. comedians Jon Stewart and Jimmy Kimmel — some have questioned why Ford’s alleged homophobic and racially insensitive comments haven’t spurred more controversy.

In a blog for HuffPost Canada, Rachel Décoste expressed frustration the reported comments “barely raised a stink” in a city as diverse as Toronto.

“The biggest stain this scandal brings isn't the possible addictions of a well-known politician,” she wrote. “It is the fetid stench of acceptance and normalization of blatant bigotry that stinks to high heavens.”

While Ford is keeping quiet about the video, a movement to purchase the clip in question appears to be picking up steam.

Gawker has already raised more than $100,000 through an online crowdfunding campaign.

by Anonymousreply 1706/03/2013

Here's an accounting of his various scandals. He's clearly a drunken moron, such an embarrassment to Canada. They better give him his walking papers pronto, to save face.

by Anonymousreply 105/23/2013

Is Rob Ford jealous that Justin Trudeau is a good-looking metrosexual guy?

by Anonymousreply 205/23/2013

I think it's awesome that he stands up for LGBT people and LGBT rights. He's basically Canada's Obama, young, hip and great at giving speeches about hope and prosperity. I hope Canada comes to its senses and elect this guy, although I'm not holding my breath.

by Anonymousreply 305/23/2013

Is this why Ford NEVER goes to Toronto Pride events, and ALWAYS has an excuse (like last years "family time" excuse)???

If people really want him out of office, they need to bring up his homophobic and racist rants, and forget about the drugs (other politicians and high ranking members of society do drugs, too). He doesnt fit in with Toronto's multicultural, legal gay marraige attitude.

1 homophobic scandal or 1 racially targeted scandal would have him out of office immediately!

by Anonymousreply 405/24/2013

Is Justin gay though?

by Anonymousreply 505/24/2013

R4, Ford is a homophobe. He hates us gays.

Also re: the video--I am convinced that Ford bought the video fm the drug dealer last weekend. Gawker cannot get in touch with the dealer now to buy the video.

Also, Justin Trudeau is a good guy and I hope he is our next PM.

by Anonymousreply 605/24/2013

Fat fucking fuck.

by Anonymousreply 805/24/2013

Ford should watch his ass. Justin may be pretty but he kicked the ass of a beefy conservative in a charity boxing match.

by Anonymousreply 905/24/2013

Toronto has become more like Alabama.

So many Gays and Lesbians are moving out of the city now.

by Anonymousreply 1005/25/2013

Yes, exactly like Alabama R10. The Wagon Trains of Displaced Gays heading down the Gardiner is a chilling sight. When Pride rolls around, it will be be a desolate wasteland here.

by Anonymousreply 1105/25/2013

[quote]Is Justin gay though?

I don't think so, but he could be bi, I suppose.

When I lived in Montreal a decade ago, there were occasional gay rumors about Justin, but nothing substantive. It may be because he's very pretty, gay friendly, and has a lot of French flair.

Justin could be attracted to men as well, but he does like women. He is married to a beautiful Québec model with whom he has 2 children, and it wasn't a secret in Montréal that he slept with a lot of women before he met his wife and settled down.

by Anonymousreply 1205/28/2013

Did everyone see Justin's new RandyBlue scene?

Although he did have those couple of Bangbros scenes before, so ya probably bi.

by Anonymousreply 1305/28/2013

If Toronto is okay with a mayor like that, then you know, what can I say.

He's a fatass, that's for damn sure. Porky, oinky pig.

by Anonymousreply 1405/28/2013

And on that note, he probably hates gay men because nobody wants him - unrequited love, lol.

by Anonymousreply 1505/28/2013

In our dreams, R13!

But Justin does apparently have a big uncut cock. He's even listed on some of the cut/uncut male celebrity websites.

by Anonymousreply 1605/29/2013

Follow Justin Trudeau on Twitter! He's up to nearly 230,000.

The only Canadian politician who has more Twitter followers than Justin Trudeau is PM Harper who's at 300,000+.

by Anonymousreply 1706/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!