Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Anthony Weiner's 64 keys to a better NYC

Hey check out Anthony Weiner's 64 keys for a better NYC. Look for #34 – allowing gays to give blood.

I love his ideas on food stamps too, making them worth 50% more value for buying fresh produce. Today as it stands people on food stamps can afford very little fresh produce as it is the most expensive thing in the market, next to maybe expensive cuts of meat.

He has some good ideas on healthcare too.

As it stands now, given the other's running, he has my vote. I don't GAS about his personal life. Not my business.

by Anonymousreply 705/23/2013

deBlasio has better liberal cred and isn't a slimy political consultan like Weiner. deBlasio is the best candidate.

by Anonymousreply 105/22/2013

I'll bet that some of his best liberal ideas come from his wife.

by Anonymousreply 205/22/2013

Oh, please, R1. DiBlasio stands as good a chance of winning as Herman Badillo did.

by Anonymousreply 305/22/2013

To be fair R1 I went to DiBlasio's web site and Googled him a little. Nothing close to Weiner on wanting to help the poor. That is my main issue. Whoever will do the most for the poor in the richest city in the world will get my vote.

by Anonymousreply 405/22/2013

I don't give a shit about his private life either but it was his conduct afterwards that disgusted me, he claimed someone "hacked" his account and how he denied and denied and blamed everyone but himself.

Fuck him. However, IF he promises to get rid of the bike share program, I will vote for him!!!

by Anonymousreply 505/22/2013

[quote] I love his ideas on food stamps too, making them worth 50% more value for buying fresh produce.

Actually that is a god-awful idea, OP. If you take $1.00 and deem it worth $1.50 when purchasing fresh produce, the result is that a dollar's worth of produce jumps to $1.50 very quickly because that's where the market finds equilibrium. Then fresh produce is more expensive for everyone and we all eat less of it.

(How the sausage is made: this proposal was more likely thought up by agri- lobbyists than poverty activists - looks good at first glance though, eh?).

If they want to incentivize peoples' purchasing choices with food stamps - just build that restriction into the program, don't screw with food prices.

by Anonymousreply 605/22/2013

What is the bike sharing program, r5?

by Anonymousreply 705/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!