Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Best cute dog blog -- Things on Hazel's head. Corgi can balance ANYTHING on its noggin

She patiently allows Multi-vitamins, a jar of Nutella, a flat of basil plants, toothpaste and brush, and various other assorted objects to be placed on her head for periods of time. People pleaser.

by Anonymousreply 2105/25/2013

love Corgis! I'm trying to decide if I want to adopt one soon.

by Anonymousreply 105/22/2013

The only real friend I had was my dog--Arrow.

by Anonymousreply 205/22/2013

Are Corgis typically as patient as this dog? Tolerate the object, stay frozen still, pose with charm... Charming poseur and compliant! What a mix!

by Anonymousreply 305/23/2013

Sure, but can she do windows?

by Anonymousreply 405/23/2013

This woman in my co-op had a corgi, and he nipped at people's ankles in the elevator. The woman was given the "either or" and she and her corgi had to sell their apartment and move.

They're as cute as can be, but I'd never get one unless I had a fairly non-urban life.

by Anonymousreply 505/23/2013

Super cute doggy and idea! Thanks OP.

by Anonymousreply 605/24/2013

I can do that, too, while sucking the jizz out of an ugly old arab man's dick!

by Anonymousreply 705/24/2013

Corgis naturally nip. That's what they've been bred for centuries to do. You can train them out of it but you have to be consistent about it. I have a Corgi who was a nipper and it took time and patience when he was a puppy to get him to stop.

I've posted about my little guy before, but he's amazing. We live in an apartment in Brooklyn, and he gets along great in the city. Corgis are easygoing, adaptable dogs so long as they feel secure. They can be feisty so they need to know they're not in charge.

Also, they can be very vocal and their barks can be shockingly loud for a dog that size. I've gotten my guy to quiet down a bit over time, but you'd be surprised how much noise they can make. No one will ever come near your home or apartment without you hearing about it.

I don't imagine a Corgi would make a good "starter" dog - they're smart little fuckers and you need to know how to stay ahead of them and keep control. They also need a lot of exercise - they're basically German Shepherds with tiny legs, and Corgis can get fat and cranky if they don't burn off their energy and get some mental stimulation.

But the reward of having a Corgi in your pack more than makes up for it. They really are amazing, loving, freakishly smart dogs.

by Anonymousreply 805/24/2013

Imagine a Corgi mixed with Border Collie. There's a guy at our local park with one.

by Anonymousreply 905/24/2013

R9. That dog combo seems impossible to train, I haw 2 mini poodles and no way they would balance crap on the or head. They would give me an F@&$ off look!

by Anonymousreply 1005/24/2013

A woman who shops at my food co-op has two beautiful Cardigan Corgis. They wait patiently outside while she's shopping.

They totally ignore everyone else, but people can't seem to resist trying to get the dogs to pay attention to them. The dogs' body language makes it very clear they don't want to be bothered, and I was always taught to respect that.

To my knowledge, they've never nipped anyone. That would require a level of interaction I've never seen from them.

by Anonymousreply 1105/24/2013

I hate dogs

by Anonymousreply 1205/24/2013

How can anyone hate dogs?

by Anonymousreply 1305/24/2013

Good, R12. I bet they hate you back.

by Anonymousreply 1405/24/2013

Herding dogs are bred to nip at ankles. It's how they herd their flocks. They don't really bite and it doesn't hurt. My sheltie does the same thing. Most people need herding anyway.

by Anonymousreply 1505/24/2013

The Queen loves her Corgis.

by Anonymousreply 1605/24/2013

R15, my neighbors' border collie enjoys their parties so she can herd all the guests into a corner. I love to watch her do it; she's so subtle they don't realize they're being herded until they're all packed in.

by Anonymousreply 1705/24/2013

r17, I LOL'd at your post! I'd love to witness that.

by Anonymousreply 1805/24/2013

this is a pale imitation of the great genius rabbit OOLONG

by Anonymousreply 1905/25/2013

I have a corgi, and I will second the comment about the bark. It's not the volume, it's the pitch--generations of evolution have resulted in the most perfect pitch to get the attention of stupid sheep and cattle. You flinch every time you hear it.

The other thing about a corgi is their total concentration on the task at hand. If he decides he wants out he will sit by the door and bark every 18 seconds until you let him out. If it takes 10 hours, so be it, he will bark every 18 seconds for 10 hours.

The main problem with them though is the shedding. They have a double coat, and no matter what you do you will have hair everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 2005/25/2013

We have two neighbors with corgis in my dog-friendly building. One neighbor is a nice lady with two very, patient and sweet corgis. The other lady, well, her corgi is psycho and tries to challenge my malinois every chance it gets. He goes INSANE if he sees any dog bigger than him.

As with all dogs, it's about the temperament and training of the owner more than anything.

by Anonymousreply 2105/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.