Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

When Daphne was going through her weight problem...

...was she pregnant in real life? She certainly looks pregnant.

Also, is this the last season of Frasier?

Niles is soooo normal now. He's not as funny, but he's still cute as a button.

by Anonymousreply 1407/09/2013

Well?

by Anonymousreply 105/22/2013

Yes, she was hella pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 205/22/2013

Is it the last season?

by Anonymousreply 305/22/2013

I think OP is posting from a former Eastern Bloc nation.

by Anonymousreply 405/22/2013

No, it wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 505/22/2013

Daphne, the character, gave birth in the last episode of the last season of Frasier.

Jane Leeves who played her became pregnant season 8 and they worked that into the plot as the weight gain. Daphne was away at a fat farm/spa for the weight problem during the maternity leave. I recall at one point a character asked how Daphne was doing, and the response was "Oh great, she's lost ________ " and they gave Leeves' new baby's birth weight. Why do I know these details, you ask? Frasier is my absolute favorite sitcom of all time.

by Anonymousreply 605/22/2013

While I understand the need to solve having a pregnant star and giving her maternity leave - I really do not like the "Daphne gets fat" plot. I found it rather demeaning. Especially the episode where she hides food and avoids working out. It simply wasn't funny.

by Anonymousreply 705/22/2013

is there a thread about the latest Jane Leeves controversy?

by Anonymousreply 807/09/2013

Besides the Crane men, Frasier suffers by having a very weak supporting cast.

by Anonymousreply 907/09/2013

Take that back R9, or I'll knock your block off.

by Anonymousreply 1007/09/2013

Harriet Sansom Harris as Bebe Glazer was one of the all-time best supporting characters in television:

Bebe: Frasier, we have to talk.

Frasier: Are you aware that you are in the men's room?

Bebe: Oh, please, if I paid attention to signs with little pictures on them - I would never get a parking space.

by Anonymousreply 1107/09/2013

I read her interview. Everything she said was right, of course, but I don't think I've heard anyone actress be so frank and name names. I take it she's getting blow back?

by Anonymousreply 1207/09/2013

R12 Thanks for the link. I like Jane, and of course she is right but they are slightly easy targets - Mickey Rourke, Sharon Osbourne, Meg Ryan, Melanie Griffith. Nothing she is saying is too controversial because its so blatently true and already much discussed.

Jane says her co-stars Valerie Bertinelli and Wendie Malick have not had surgery either. Wendie is brilliant, but I'm not so sure about no surgery. Jane doesn't mention her in the article but her other co-star Betty White did get a facelift or two down the years. Betty admits to getting one before Golden Girls began filming. Surgery back in the 70s and 80s just seemed much less severe and actually normal looking.

by Anonymousreply 1307/09/2013

shouldn't this have its own thread? Normally likable Jane sounds like a butch and bitter late ninetie's, Rosie O'Donnell.

by Anonymousreply 1407/09/2013
Need more help? Click Here.