Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

William Gray Espy.

Whatever happened to him ?

by Anonymousreply 1709/05/2014

AFAIK he left acting and moved back to his hometown (Dothan, Alabama).

by Anonymousreply 105/22/2013

Did he create the ESPY Awards?

by Anonymousreply 205/22/2013

He played Snapper Foster on Y&R. I remember his character would take showers with his wife on the show and my mother would be scandalized.

Poor thing, was shocked to death they did that.

I remember him more as Mitch Blake from AW. He had one of the best voices.

by Anonymousreply 305/22/2013

Eating pussy

by Anonymousreply 405/22/2013

I met him at Pat O'Briens tiny "locals" bar in New Orleans in 1980. He was living like a drifter almost. He may have been on some sort of 2 week sabbatical between jobs. He had no car, god knows where he was staying but I was drunk and I had my Looking for Mr. Goodbar moment and took him home with me. He was OK, but if it were not for his voice and the memories of him as Snapper, I could have had a V8.

by Anonymousreply 505/23/2013

R5

Well, I do declare. I believe you gave me a taste of the vapors.

by Anonymousreply 605/23/2013

He was good, but the guy who played his brother Greg? OMG, what a beautiful man. Later on he did the first TV ads for the Mazda 626. Never saw him in anything else after those commercials.

James Something or Other. Haughton, maybe? Anyway, he and Espy were Soooo much better than Hasselhoff and Wings Hauser.

by Anonymousreply 705/23/2013

A very attractive man, but one of the worst actors to ever appear on soaps -- and that's saying a lot. I used to feel bad for Vicky Wyndham because he gave her absolutely nothing to play with (in sharp contrast to Doug Watson). Espy's expression never changed and he took a too-long beat before each line, as if he was struggling to remember what he was supposed to say.

by Anonymousreply 805/23/2013

R7, are you referring to James Houghton, who later went onto Knots Landing?

by Anonymousreply 905/23/2013

I think he was a fine 'soap actor'. He was not a ham or relied on theatrics like a Linda Dano who played his wife. I much prefered Espy with Wyndham than grandpapa Carl. There was sexual chemistry with Rachel. Zero with Felicia. I always thought he was gay by the way...Really not the worst of soap actors. Drake H on DAYS has that record

by Anonymousreply 1005/23/2013

You're right, R9! I totally forgot he was in KL early on.

And y'all are right about WGE and his lack of affect. My older sister and her gaggle of HS friends all totally crushed on him, but would make up these little scenarios where somebody gave Snapper some horrible news and Snapper would respond:

Friend: "I'm so sorry to tell you Dr. Foster, but your mother has just been raped and murdered."

WGE/Snapper: [expressionless] "Oh, man. Wow."

ER Patient: "Tell me straight, Doc, am I gonna die? Don't let me die!"

WGE/Snapper: [expressionless] "Can't say for sure."

by Anonymousreply 1105/23/2013

He moved to Dothan Alabama several years ago, where his family owned a miniature golf club. They also had an ice cream place next store, where they sell those creamy whips or whatever. He's 65 years old.

by Anonymousreply 1205/23/2013

FOR WILLIAM GREY ESPY - WELL, I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS, I THOUGHT HE WAS "HOT!!" AND ALWAYS WILL, SURE DO MISS SEEING HIM AND HEARING THAT SEXY VOICE!! I BELIEVE IT WAS HIM I WATCHED, AS A YOUNG GIRL IN THE MOVIE "WITHERING HEIGHTS" WOW! WILL ALWAYS LUV U :)

by Anonymousreply 1306/21/2013

FOR EVERYONE CONCERNED: IF U DON'T THINK HE CAN ACT, WATCH THE OLD MOVIE "THE HAUNT" AND HIS, DRUNK SCENE, SUPERB, LOL

by Anonymousreply 1406/21/2013

Happy 65th birthday to William Gray Espy

Born July 19, 1948

by Anonymousreply 1607/19/2013

Bump

by Anonymousreply 1709/05/2014
Need more help? Click Here.