Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The next Madonna album....

will have a song that includes Macklemore and Ryan or Psy. Betcha'

by Anonymousreply 6405/31/2013

I know she won't, but she really has got to get back with her old partner Patrick Leonard and see what they can do in the music scene now. He really brought out the best in her. But she's so superficial now that she's thinking only "youth-youth-youth". It would be cool if she had one more iconic song left in her, but I don't think she has. She probably has one more successful tour left in her, though.

by Anonymousreply 105/22/2013

I think she might go with more Joe Henry collaborations after the disaster that was MDNA.

She's probably got her eye on some more cool and trendy like Claire Boucher.

by Anonymousreply 205/22/2013

Nicki Minaj will be on it.

by Anonymousreply 305/22/2013

Leonard and Henry worked so well for her because they're musicians first and producers second. Most of her other collaborators are DJs or the kind of producers who cut and paste everything in in the studio.

by Anonymousreply 405/22/2013

I can't believe r1 responded in such a reasonable fashion. I hope the Madge loons grant him a fairly painless demise.

by Anonymousreply 505/22/2013

I believe for her next album, Madonna will be re-recording some of her older stuff such as her 1920s wax cylinders.

by Anonymousreply 605/22/2013

She could do an album of pop standards, like Rod Stewart did.

by Anonymousreply 705/22/2013

Oh, yes, if anyone could breathe heart and soul into standards, it's the Ice Queen.

by Anonymousreply 805/22/2013

I could see her collaborating with Goyte.

by Anonymousreply 905/22/2013

At this point she'd probably collaborate with Goatse if she thought it would sell one more disc.

by Anonymousreply 1005/22/2013

She should do what she did with Ray of Light: Write the songs BEFORE she goes into the studio to record and produce.

by Anonymousreply 1105/22/2013

Maybe an album full of some of the standards that were popular during her girlhood, i.e., the 1890s.

by Anonymousreply 1205/22/2013

WHAT new album? Didn't I just DO an album? Christ, what's the point of doing another album when you bitches are just going to go apeshit for "Holiday" at the end of every concert?

by Anonymousreply 1305/22/2013

I think she needs to take a long break before she records again because people are getting tired of her and her antics. And when she comes back, she needs to come back acting her age. Try doing an adult contemporary album.

by Anonymousreply 1405/22/2013

[quote]I could see her collaborating with Goyte.

I loved their big hit, "Somebody That I Jews To Know."

by Anonymousreply 1505/22/2013

I can see her doing a track with some minor boy band like "the Wanted" and shoot a video where they are all just hungry for her cooze.

by Anonymousreply 1605/22/2013

Two words: Vegas.

by Anonymousreply 1705/22/2013

[quote]I think she needs to take a long break before she records again ...

A long break is not a good idea for someone her age.

by Anonymousreply 1805/22/2013

She made a 4-year break between her last 2 albums,does she really need another one?

by Anonymousreply 1905/22/2013

"Madge Gets Dotty: The Dorothy Fields Songbook!"

by Anonymousreply 2005/22/2013

She should def let Joe Henry produce the next record. He could really revitalize her run out run of the mill sound.

by Anonymousreply 2105/22/2013

The basic rule of thumb for Madonna's records is that she always is at least three years behind the curve, so expect her to be collaborating with Pitbull and Chris Brown.

by Anonymousreply 2205/22/2013

I hear this Katey Perry gal is really happening!

by Anonymousreply 2305/22/2013

[quote]She should def let Joe Henry produce the next record.

Please! Joe Henry sucked.

She needs to BEG Stephen Bray and Patrick Leonard to work with her again, but she fell out with them (like she does everyone) and she has too much pride to make amends. They gave her the most memorable songs of her career.

by Anonymousreply 2405/22/2013

Anybody else think the addition of a rap interlude is tired and ovah? If I can understand what they're grunting at all, it's the usual dumb/aggressive/sexual posturing they've been doing since the '80's. I'm not impressed. I don't think, "Wow, she's really hip and now to invite a guest rapper!". I just sit there and wait for it to be over.

by Anonymousreply 2505/22/2013

R25 I agree. The guest rapper shit is dated.

by Anonymousreply 2605/22/2013

She should collaborate with Boards of Canada. That would be amazing.

by Anonymousreply 2705/22/2013

She needs someone who will be able to properly showcase her talent and her voice.

And ballads! Bray and Leonard were able to get some truly heartbreaking performances out of her. There hasn't been a great Madonna ballad in ages.

by Anonymousreply 2805/22/2013

If there is any hope for the future of mankind, Madonna will not have another album.

by Anonymousreply 2905/22/2013

R16 Nailed it

by Anonymousreply 3005/28/2013

I heard that Madonna got really angry when Lourdes told her that her next album should include songs by Richard Clayderman.

by Anonymousreply 3105/28/2013

Her daughter is smarter than we give her credit for.

by Anonymousreply 3205/28/2013

i hope it comes with a free sample pack of Metamucil.....

by Anonymousreply 3305/28/2013

Madonna covers Joni Mitchell. An entire album.

Imagine what she could do with "Don Juan's reckless Daughter" as a dance song.

And the cover would be a recreation of Mitchell's cover to "Clouds."

by Anonymousreply 3405/28/2013

The next Madonna album.... one no one is fucking looking for.

by Anonymousreply 3505/28/2013

It's all about the tours for her now. That's where her focus and creativity is directed. It's also where the money is.

by Anonymousreply 3705/28/2013

It was commercially successful yeah, r36, but it wasn't very good. Lots of things are commercially successful, but creatively and artistically suck.

by Anonymousreply 3805/28/2013

The next Madonna album will be a pure piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 3905/28/2013

She should do a complete 360 and do something that isn't trendy or current at all.

by Anonymousreply 4005/28/2013

She's missing her audience (white, Boomer and/or gay) by trying to be "edgy" and rope-in the kiddies. She needs to build off what she's done successfully before, and it should be something fraus can bop to while picking the kids up at soccer. All that vocorder/computer shit is sterile, could be anybody.

This is what she should be doing. Maybe I'd buy an album for the first time in a decade and a half.

by Anonymousreply 4105/28/2013

Yes r41, that song was a pleasant surprise to us who felt she didn't have a song like that left in her. She went all wrong when she started idolizing Britney and JT.

by Anonymousreply 4205/28/2013

[quote]I think she might go with more Joe Henry collaborations after the disaster that was MDNA.

Joe Henry worked on "MDNA". Can't stand him. She only worked with him to do her sister a favor.

She needs Patrick Leonard for writing. He can't produce.

Here's the thing: William Orbit produced the most critically acclaimed album of her career, and then she re-teamed with him on her last album and it was a dud. Lightning doesn't always strike twice.

Madonna only does albums now to promote her tour, which is what a Live Nation exec leaked to the NY Post.

William Orbit went apeshit on her, saying that she never came into the studio, she had everyone doing the work for her, and that's why "MDNA" flopped. It was pretty well-known from the start that her album was being written and produced without her while she went and promoted that god-awful "W.E.".

Madonna doesn't care about albums. There's no money in them for her, which is also the reason she makes cheap music videos.

She's all about opening gyms, doing perfume, and a million other embarrassing things.

by Anonymousreply 4305/28/2013

[quote]Yes, MDNA was a "disaster" (snicker) after it garnered her THREE Billboard awards (given out for sales, digital sales, radio play, club play).

Doesn't work that way, hon. Live Nation also payed for her crappy first single to be played. They also gave the album away with tickets, and perfume sales. She cheated.

[quote]Oh, and MDNA was in the top 10 for best selling albums last year (world-wide). Top 10.

Look at the sales for the rest of the albums that year, doll face. She also had the largest % sales drop in Sound Scan history.

"MDNA" is the lowest-selling album of her entire career.

by Anonymousreply 4405/28/2013

[quote]She made a 4-year break between her last 2 albums,does she really need another one?

According to her Live Nation contract, yes.

by Anonymousreply 4505/28/2013

She had one last shot to reassert herself in the mainstream and she blew it with MDNA. The teens and twenty-somethings who drive the pop music industry aren't interested in listening to a woman old enough to be their mother or grandmother sing generic technopop songs about being a different kind of "girl," let alone seeing her gyrate in fishnets and flash her tits on stage. She's desperately needed to give up the sex goddess shtick for the past decade but her immense vanity prevents her from evolving beyond the nymphette image she still tries so hard to project, and which gets more and more ridiculous with each passing year. Her career has become an exercise in cognitive dissonance.

No doubt she'll continue to have lucrative tours but at this point her only true appeal is as a nostalgia act. It's just not cool to be into Madonna anymore.

by Anonymousreply 4605/29/2013

Funny R41 she's seems to be doing pretty good without you buying any of her music for a decade and a half

by Anonymousreply 4705/29/2013

The music she recorded when she was younger has a more mature adult sound than the music she records today. Crazy For You sounds like it was recorded by a woman in her 40's for a dentist office. Tracks on MDNA, on the other hand, sound like she's trying to sound like she's in her 20s. Very odd. At least Stevie Nicks is recording contemplative, mellow, age-appropriate music now and not trying to be something she wouldn't be believable at even two decades prior.

by Anonymousreply 4805/29/2013

Her rejected material is much better than most of what made it onto her albums. Across the Sky and Animal are just a few examples. So not only does she not care about her music anymore, but she doesn't even recognize some hit songs after she's recorded them.

And that is why her career is over.

by Anonymousreply 4905/29/2013

[quote]And that is why her career is over.

I'm not someone that hates Madonna. I'm not a fan of hers either. But that statement is sort of ridiculous. Her career is hardly over as she's still raking in a shit load of money. Is her music good or relevant, debatable, but that's a whole other issue.

Unfortunately, my guess is that even five or ten years from now, we'll still be saying, "and THIS is why her career is over."

by Anonymousreply 5005/29/2013

R50 Her touring career may still be doing well (a la Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, etc), but like those bands, nobody cares about the music they release now. Her career in terms of new music is definitely over. She hasn't had a #1 in 13 years and her last album was the worst selling album of her whole career.

by Anonymousreply 5105/29/2013

I agree with r1. She should take some time and write with Patrick Leonard and maybe Steve Bray and Shep Pettibone and once the songs are written and recorded, then hand them off to Guetta, Orbit, Timbaland, Pharrel or even Max Martin to remix the songs with whatever the hot sound is. They'd be smashes because the songs would be solid.

by Anonymousreply 5205/30/2013

Madonna's career lasted from 1984-1992. This year is the 21st anniversary of her career coming to an end. The media still treats her like it's the 1980's instead of 2013.

by Anonymousreply 5305/30/2013

Wasn't Ray of Light post 1992?

by Anonymousreply 5405/30/2013

Ray of Light was 1998 and Music was in 2002. But people who hate her wont give her credit for those and say her career "ended" a decade prior.

I think we need to define what makes a "career" end, because in most scenarios, your career ends when you no longer generate money. That hasn't happened for her yet.

And no, I'm not a huge fan of hers.

by Anonymousreply 5505/30/2013

I'm still scratching my head over Give Me All Your Love. Who in their right mind thought that should have been the lead single? It should have been Turn up the Radio.

by Anonymousreply 5605/30/2013

"Golden Oldies from a Golden Oldie: Madonna, Yesterday's Superstar, Sings the Standards You Remember from Your Chldhood"

by Anonymousreply 5705/30/2013

It should be said...Turn Up The Radio is a really shitty song too.

by Anonymousreply 5805/30/2013

Joe Henry is one of most acclaimed producers and artists in America, the list of artists his produced are stellar; Billy Bragg, Bonnie Raitt, Meshell Ndegeocello, Loudon Wainwright III, Kristin Hersh, Aimee Mann, Bettye LaVette, Solomon Burke. And his own records are just amazing.

by Anonymousreply 5905/30/2013

R55, don't forget about Hung Up

by Anonymousreply 6005/31/2013

Madonna is already recording her next album. It's a collaboration with Metallica and Lou Reed. It is tentatively titled, "Ma-Lulu". It is scheduled for release on the 12th of Never.

by Anonymousreply 6105/31/2013

I don't think she needs to do Joe Henry a favor. She basically jacked his song Stop and turned it into Don't Tell Me.

What bothers me about MDNA is that is such a shitty album. I had to skip a couple songs, they were just so repetitious and unlistenable.

She really does have unreleased stuff that is better, and she has produced enough good songs and worked with talented producers and songwriters to know better.

She must have a deal with LA Fitness because they played songs from MDNA as if they were big hits.

That Girl Gone Wild song is just wrong, and I had to decide whether or not to run for it and sidestep the aural torture. But mostly, I stuck it out knowing that another horrific, never-should-have-been-made song was burning itself into my psyche.

by Anonymousreply 6205/31/2013

I love for Gone wild, I really do. Probably her best song since bedtime story.

by Anonymousreply 6305/31/2013

The only good song from FlopDNA was "Gang Bang". She should have released that as a single instead of the cheesy, shitty ass singles she released. "Gang Bang" was a great dark track about wanting to get revenge on an ex who's fucked you over and it actually had a story. That "Give Me All Your Lovin'" was the biggest pile of shit I've ever heard, and I have no idea why that was a single. Same goes for "Girl Gone Nowhere" and "Turn Off the Radio".

She needs to go in a more adult contemporary direction next time a la "Bedtime Stories" or "Like a Prayer".

by Anonymousreply 6405/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!