Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Immigration Reform Amendment For Gay Couples Withdrawn

Cowards:

Sens. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) and Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) had to make what the New York senator called an "excruciating" decision on Tuesday to come out against including LGBT couple provisions in their immigration reform bill, citing the need to keep the fragile balance in the "gang of eight."

Sounding disappointed, Senate Judiciary Chairman Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) withdrew the amendment after debate during a markup on the bill.

by Anonymousreply 505/22/2013

I'm sure for the greater good

by Anonymousreply 105/22/2013

Then get rid of it for the straights too.

by Anonymousreply 205/22/2013

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), one of the Republicans who has said the LGBT provision would be a poison pill, repeatedly voiced his argument that he could not support the bill if the amendment was added.

"You've got me on immigration, you don't have me on marriage," he said. "I just can't tell you more directly. If you want to keep me on immigration, let's stay on immigration."

Lindsey Fucking Graham is a big ol' homo and he said that shit?!

by Anonymousreply 305/22/2013

Well, this was the ONLY palatable part of the bill. It should all now be thrown out.

This bill, as it stands, is simply a rubber stamp for Big Business to replace Americans with foreign workers. There should really be more outrage over the H1B visa provisions but Democrats are oddly supportive of it.

I guess this means we have truly passed over to fascism. Remember this if the bill passes (it will). It will accelerate the decline our country has been experiencing. We will be a third world country in 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 405/22/2013

WTF Log Cabin freak @R4?

I know so many guys willing to marry illegals....

by Anonymousreply 505/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.