Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hangover Part II Has Scenes of Extreme (CGI) Animal Cruelty

In the opening scene a giraffe being decapitated on a freeway, and there's a scene where a chicken is suffocated. How edgy. I know I'm probably the only person on earth who found the first film repulsive and about as funny as colon cancer (the second film was unwatchable), but where's the humor in this sort of cruelty?

by Anonymousreply 5405/28/2013

[quote]Hangover Part II

[quote]the second film was unwatchable

Apparently.

by Anonymousreply 105/22/2013

I never considered seeing either one of them.

by Anonymousreply 205/22/2013

Animal cruelty aside, the whole movie looks terrible and unpleasant to watch.

by Anonymousreply 305/22/2013

OP: I didn't think the first two Hangover movies were funny either.

by Anonymousreply 405/22/2013

Obviously the giraffe wasn't hurt or killed but was the chicken? Doesn't the ASPCA or something have to be on set when scenes with animals are filmed?

by Anonymousreply 505/22/2013

I choke my chicken at least twice a day.

by Anonymousreply 605/22/2013

The fake animal cruelty is the least of the movie's problems.

How do you know if it's unwatchable if you don't watch it, and if you watch it to find out, how is it unwatchable?

by Anonymousreply 705/22/2013

Is the end of the Hangover series, or will it go on if part III does well?

by Anonymousreply 805/22/2013

The first one was such a huge hit, and I've had an experience with the subject. So I bought the cd. Didn't see all of it. Threw the cd in the nearest dumpster.

by Anonymousreply 1005/22/2013

Lighten up? no thanks. I won't watch this shitty movie either

by Anonymousreply 1105/22/2013

Yeah. Except, no, R9.

by Anonymousreply 1205/22/2013

I get angry when the trailer comes on TV because of the giraffe scene. Tasteless and abhorrent.

by Anonymousreply 1405/22/2013

Awful things happening to animals (for real) used to be considered funny. Now even fake awful things aren't. I vote we end humor. Except for the retards, of course.

by Anonymousreply 1505/22/2013

I vote we end cruel humor including the Howard Stern type of humiliation for mentally challenged people.

by Anonymousreply 1605/22/2013

I was worried about the intelligence of movie goers who went to the first one and thought this one was funny. Lame, lazy and dumb - sorry movies like this are of the worst kind.

by Anonymousreply 1705/22/2013

Isn't saying CGI just a fancy way of saying it is pretend?

by Anonymousreply 1805/22/2013

R 18 for the win. OP you're a hysterical freak.

by Anonymousreply 1905/22/2013

Even in the flash in the commercial, the giraffe didn't look real.

by Anonymousreply 2005/22/2013

Of couse it's ake; the issue is that people still find animal cruelty funny.

by Anonymousreply 2105/22/2013

I just watched the first two Hangovers on a plane and don't remember a giraffe. Did OP mean Part III?

by Anonymousreply 2205/22/2013

Obviously none of you have actually seen the movie. The giraffe ducks at the last second.

by Anonymousreply 2305/22/2013

[quote]Obviously none of you have actually seen the movie. The giraffe ducks at the last second.

Oh, so we're supposed to think a giraffe in peril is something to laugh at?

by Anonymousreply 2405/22/2013

Hollywood "comedy" is all about degrading the human spirit nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 2505/22/2013

I've seen the trailer and I know it's fake, but I won't see this one, just because the makers of this movie think the decapitated giraffe is funny. If I didn't know about it, I would get up and walk out.

I'm not some PETA freak either, or easily offended, but even the trailer offended me with that.

by Anonymousreply 2605/22/2013

I think I am more offended by the fact that none of these movies seem to have any GOOD jokes.

by Anonymousreply 2705/22/2013

The joke is that a real-life homosexual like Bradley Cooper gets to pretend to be cool and pass for straight by making "faggot" jokes.

by Anonymousreply 2805/22/2013

Movies regularly have scenes of extreme human cruelty that human beings enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 2905/22/2013

OP is a liar. There was no giraffe in Part II.

by Anonymousreply 3005/22/2013

[quote]Oh, so we're supposed to think a giraffe in peril is something to laugh at?

First time in a while a post has made me actually roll my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 3105/22/2013

R29, man's inhumanity to man is one of the universal themes of drama. Movies that go for laughs by depicting or implying gratuitous cruelty to animals are immature at best.

by Anonymousreply 3205/22/2013

[quote]First time in a while a post has made me actually roll my eyes.

Right back at you, doll.

by Anonymousreply 3305/22/2013

Didn't see I and was taken to the Red Carpet premiere of II. The monkey was the funniest part. Is it animal cruelty to see a monkey smoke and deal drugs? At least it was original, unlike the tired "let's make fun of everyone, especially human beings that are 'less than' . . . " type of humor.

Even pretend animal cruelty or talking about animals in peril, as described in III, is a total turnoff.

by Anonymousreply 3405/22/2013

[quote]Movies that go for laughs by depicting or implying gratuitous cruelty to animals are immature at best.

Wow, R32, are you actually implying that "The Hangover Part III" might be an immature comedy? Well, I guess that explains it exclusion from the competition slate at Cannes.

by Anonymousreply 3505/22/2013

I saw Gallifanakis on Craig Ferguson last night. There is no there there. The man cannot even complete a sentence.

by Anonymousreply 3605/22/2013

Who cares abut CGI animal cruelty. No it's not likely to be funny, but if it's a Hangover movie, I wouldn't expect it to be funny anyway. I was dragged to see the first one and didn't care for it. Plus I hate the fat bearded stupid man so much that I have to change the channel whenever he happens to be on a talk show or commercial for a movie.

by Anonymousreply 3705/22/2013

I'll only go and see this if all three of the "dudes" get decapitated.

by Anonymousreply 3805/22/2013

Jesus, the notion of actually walking up to a box office and handing over ten bucks to see "Hangover 3" is totally foreign to me. Who the fuck pays to see this stuff? Or any movie with a sequel number in it.

Glad you love it 'cause you're gonna get a lot more like it. 14 year old boy jack-off movies. Cinema is doomed.

by Anonymousreply 3905/22/2013

While R39's aesthetic sense may be unassailable, the now-popular pose spreading all over the DL of "I can't imagine people..." and ".... it totally foreign to me" is getting old.

Save the posturing, Mary. You can conceive it, get it, understand it, and none of it is as foreign as some of the things you put into your mouth. Popular tastes are the opposite of strange. You just look silly.

by Anonymousreply 4005/22/2013

I'd usually side with hating the funny animal cruelty, and it's kind of hard to watch even knowing it is fake, in the preview, but the whole idea of having a giraffe in your car on the freeway is just so outlandish, that it kind of cancels out the whole idea.

On the other hand, I would not appreciate a fake chicken suffocating. That rings a realistic probability and I can't figure how it could be FUNNY in any fucking way. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 4105/22/2013

Right, because we wouldn't want to kill a chicken. That's horrifying!

by Anonymousreply 4205/22/2013

The people hating on this movie are probably the same people who have contributed to the dozens of threads on Mame.

by Anonymousreply 4305/22/2013

I hope suffocating isn't the way you kill all your chickens, Frank.

by Anonymousreply 4405/22/2013

I used to be a vegan, but I was never so humorless and thin skinned as OP.

by Anonymousreply 4505/22/2013

Animal cruelty is just one symptom - Hollywood producers can't think of anything really funny to show us.

Comedy is at its best when we get to watch the mighty fall.

What's mighty about a chicken?

by Anonymousreply 4605/22/2013

My new band is named Giraffe in Peril.

by Anonymousreply 4705/25/2013

Yet people people accept gun violence in movies as a normal and common thing...as something exciting and not shocking

by Anonymousreply 4805/25/2013

No wonder this movie is getting bad reviews.

by Anonymousreply 4905/25/2013

If we could see Bradley Cooper or Zach whatever the fuck his name is THEN I would pay to see that movie.

by Anonymousreply 5005/28/2013

Why yes, you could see them in the movie. They star in it. So get to paying.

by Anonymousreply 5105/28/2013

What I MEANT to say is that if we could see Bradley Cooper or Zack whatever the fuck his name is GET DECAPITATED...THAT is the movie I would pay to see.

by Anonymousreply 5205/28/2013

OP, nice to know you work for PETA.

by Anonymousreply 5305/28/2013

My, such delicate princesses here.

Funny is funny.

by Anonymousreply 5405/28/2013
Need more help? Click Here.