Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Teen Wolf, Season Three

Trailer for the new season is out; the first episode premieres on Monday, June 3 at 10 PM on MTV.

Picking up a couple of months after the conclusion of Season 2 (the teens are in their junior year), the season opens with a pack of Alphas arriving in town to recruit(?) Derek, threatening and killing everything in their path. At 24 episodes (twice the size of previous seasons), this season will explore Scott growing into his role as an Alpha, Derek's and the Hale family's past (and werewolf lore), and a number of possible love interests for everyone.

Hot shirtless guys still abound (with the exception of Colton Haynes / Jackson, who left the show) with plenty of homoerotic innuendo, though apparently the comic / slash-fueling interactions between fan-faves Stiles and Derek are fewer and farther between this time around. I guess to make up for it, there's a developing relationship (and explicit love scene) involving one of the Alpha twins, Ethan, and gay nice-guy Danny.

In other news, Stiles / Dylan O'Brien has grown out his hair, which was pretty much the most distracting part of the trailer.

by Anonymousreply 47203/26/2014

Thanks for starting this thread OP. This show is definitely one of my main guilty pleasures and looking forward to having it back on.

I do think it is funny Jeff Davis stopped the Stiles/Derek interactions in the midst of growing fan pressure to be real, but honestly, considering how ignored the gay character Danny is I gotta give props for him just propping up a real gay character instead in the next season.

Anyway, show is fun. I need some Tyler Hoechlin's body and Dylan O'Brian being adorable back on my tv.

by Anonymousreply 105/22/2013

By the way, the Season 2 DVD was released this week, and as part of the extras they had alternate Stiles takes for some scenes (like the gay bar scene). One was of him trying to get his candy out of the vending machine in the hospital - I swear watching him grunting while pushed up against the glass made it look / sound like he was getting fucked from behind. And apparently I wasn't the only one who thought that... (GIFs at link)

by Anonymousreply 205/22/2013

Are we sure Jeff Davis doesn't moonlight as David DeCoteau?

by Anonymousreply 305/22/2013

No "Sterrik" this year, unfortunately. Derrick and Styles are off on different plot-lines and don't interact much.

Combine that with the loss of Colton, and my interest is definitely down a bit going into this season.

Let's hope they crank up the beef-cake and homoeroticism to make up for it!

by Anonymousreply 405/22/2013

Well, they're replacing homoeroticism with gay sex. I think that's a fair trade-off.

by Anonymousreply 505/22/2013

Video clip of the Carvers working out:

by Anonymousreply 605/22/2013

Another extra from the Season 2 DVD set (a montage of all the shirtless scenes, which includes the "non-shirtless" tease they did for Stiles) - Derek Hale / Tyler Hoechlin, huffing and breathing in full Technicolor:

by Anonymousreply 705/22/2013

Really, R5?

I sorta prefer the teasing, but I'll take full on gay sex :-)

by Anonymousreply 805/23/2013

I want to be in Stiles. Deeply.

by Anonymousreply 905/23/2013

[quote]there's a developing relationship (and explicit love scene) involving one of the Alpha twins, Ethan, and gay nice-guy Danny

Yep R8. As the OP said in the part I quoted Jeff Davis has been very clear there will be a real sex scene between one of the Carver twins(you can check them out in R6) and the Danny character.

And yeah, completely agree R9. Dylan O'Brien is the shit, glad to see he has been getting a lot of work from his exposure on this show.

by Anonymousreply 1005/23/2013

I think it's nice they're trying to show a full-on gay relationship, but I guess the main question is always whether the relationship is compelling, not whether it's gay / straight / explicit, etc. I like Danny's character generally, but we don't know much about him or his personality (beyond his being well-liked and having hacker skills), so his relationship with Ethan could be kind of shallow or a throwaway plot point. I think they might be going for the angle of "is the big bad Alpha just toying with and using him, or does he have genuine feelings?" which is sort of a cliche.

"Sterek" works (for some fans at least) because the actors / characters have chemistry, and their "relationship" makes a weird kind of sense - always at odds with each other, but having connections and similarities beneath the surface (feelings of inadequacy, accelerated maturity and deep senses of loss from losing their loved ones, etc.)

There are rumors they've cast (female) guest stars as love interests for both - Stiles with a childhood crush (who might only last an episode or two), and one of the new werewolves or humans (a new teacher?) for Derek. Who knows what's in store for the characters in the long run - they may have short-term relationships with other characters while maintaining a longer-term connection with each other, since Jeff Davis says he doesn't like giving immediate payoffs - but at the very least I hope any new relationships are interesting and make "sense" for the characters, and aren't just shoe-horned in because they want to show more heterosexual kissing. There's enough of that with Scott and Allison (and that relationship's been pretty blah and uninspiring so far, even with the Romeo and Juliet aspect). Derek, in particular, is kind of difficult to pair off believably with others, given his history and personality.

by Anonymousreply 1105/23/2013

I wonder what the actor who plays Danny thinks about this. I'm assuming the actor is straight.

by Anonymousreply 1205/24/2013

R12, he seems pretty fine with it - I mean, it's more exposure and visibility for his character, he should be used to showing off his body by now (Danny's had a couple of shirtless scenes), and the character's always been gay - the actor, Keahu Kahuanui, has been doing interviews with various LGBT news outlets from the start.

They had a red carpet interview at the MTV Movie Awards with him, the Alpha twins, and the other Teen Wolf actors on the new season (at link), and when they brought up the sex scene he pretty much laughed it off. By the way, I get a serious "blond Taylor Lautner" vibe from the Alpha twin actors.

by Anonymousreply 1305/24/2013

Well, here's hoping the show doesn't lose anything with the loss of Colton (and I can't imagine it won't given he was the centerpiece of the last season's finale), and the loss of the "Sterrick" subtext & chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 1405/24/2013

I like Colton but the show will survive without him just fine. He had a fun arc last season but it came to an end and now they will introduce new people to cause trouble.

Dylan O'Brien is the one the show should be worried about. He is getting lots of job offers and I wonder if the show will be able to keep him long term. Losing him would be a huge.

I'm curious to see how this show will be this season. They have talked a lot about delving into the mythology. Teen Wolf just needs to be funny, scary and sexy entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 1505/24/2013

They're making Tyler Posey the star, but Dylan is clearly the better actor. If Jeff Davis is smart, he'd give Styles a much more prominent role. He's a fan favorite and giving winks to "Sterek" without making them a couple is probably a good way to generate buzz for the show.

I'm excited to see where they take Danny's relationship with the Alpha twin. The good boy-bad boy angle could be a lot of fun.

by Anonymousreply 1605/24/2013

FWIW, I would imagine that Davis will write Jackson's departure in such a way as to leave the door open for his return. Colton wouldn't be the first actor to leave a show for greener pastures, only to find that they weren't so green once he got there. He may want to return somewhere down the road, and hopefully he'll have that option if he does.

by Anonymousreply 1705/24/2013

Zap2It article with some general spoilers (nothing too revealing) about the first two episodes - e.g., Derek moved into his new apartment because the Hale house was seized by the county (I mean, finally - I still think his living in his burned-out house and an abandoned train car, while having perfectly gelled hair and driving a Camaro, was one of the more ridiculous aspects of the show), Scott apparently hasn't been informed about the Alpha pack threat, and the article writer says that despite the interviews about there being less "Sterek", there was actually a fair amount of interaction between Stiles and Derek.

by Anonymousreply 1805/25/2013

Oh my GAWD!!!! I don't recognize Dylan O'Brien with the longer hair, he needs to shave it off again!

Quick! I need my smelling salts!!

by Anonymousreply 1905/26/2013

The question is will Styles ever get any same sex lovin'? Sounds like Jeff Davis only wants 1 token gay character so he's keeping Styles safely heterosexual. I think they should at least let him have a man-crush on Derek. The fans would go wild.

by Anonymousreply 2005/28/2013

I do prefer Styles with the shorter hair.

by Anonymousreply 2105/28/2013

I think they had a special last night - some sort of season 2 recap - in advance of the premiere. Didn't catch it, but I've seen some GIFs / clips online (mainly of Tyler Hoechlin with messy hair and a v-neck... damn).

The latter 12 episodes of the season are supposed to be a brand new storyline, so the Alpha pack story should be resolved by then.

I think it's pretty much confirmed the new female teacher is Derek's love interest, at least for a couple of episodes. Re: Stiles, I think they're still trying to figure out what works for him. They were going to pair him with Erica last season before deciding they didn't really gel, and it looked like they were pushing along Stiles and Lydia before backing off a bit (maybe because he was coming off uncomfortably like a "nice guy" with the passive-aggressive obsession and creepy gift purchases). Like, the scenes where he bought Lydia a TV and a huge gift box started crossing the line from "oh isn't it cute how much he adores her" to "sad loser who needs to back off and realize she's not a trophy object". His line about still having a "plan" for her after seeing her declare her love for Jackson was also groan-inducing.

The interviews and previews indicate Stiles and Lydia have settled into more of a friendship and that Stiles has matured and moved on (and growing out his hair is part of reinventing himself), and I guess his bisexuality is still an open question. Even though he ends up kissing a girl in the first few episodes, she's apparently an early victim and won't last long.

by Anonymousreply 2205/28/2013

[quote]The latter 12 episodes of the season are supposed to be a brand new storyline, so the Alpha pack story should be resolved by then.

This is rumored to be why Colton left... his story line was going to be tied with the alpha pack, and his character would be gone after the 12th episode. So only half a season.

by Anonymousreply 2305/28/2013

I think they should just keep Stiles single.

I'm so sick of everyone on TV having to be part of a happy couple.

They shouldn't pair him up with anyone.

by Anonymousreply 2405/28/2013

R24, I agree that not everyone on a show needs to be paired off, though I think since Stiles is a self-professed horny teenager, and the show is on MTV, the search for romance / sex is always going to be in the background (for all the characters), regardless of whether Stiles "ends up" with someone (which realistically wouldn't last that long, because, you know, high school).

It's kinda why I keep expectations in check with "shipping". Not every meaningful glance or awkward interaction with underlying sexual tension is leading towards a full-blown romantic relationship. People flirt and have it go nowhere all the time.

That being said, I do enjoy the banter and chemistry between Stiles and Derek, and hope they continue to build on it even with the female love interests coming in - it's rare on any show to find a pair that works together, and it'd be a shame to squander it in order to re-affirm how into women they both are.

by Anonymousreply 2505/28/2013

I love you say Stiles bisexuality, it say something about this show that fans expect that might really happen. I can only think of Glee as the other show were fans legitimately think the writers will make a characters sexuality flexible.

by Anonymousreply 2605/28/2013

I don't want Stiles to be bisexual, but I would like him to develop a guilty pleasure of getting blow jobs from dudes when his love for the weird chick is unrequited.

by Anonymousreply 2705/28/2013

No love for me guys? Have you seen my ass? Colton always thought it was damn hot.

by Anonymousreply 2805/29/2013

Even though I think Tyler Posey's acting is pretty bad (especially in the first season, he whined his way through his lines with a perpetual look of confusion), he comes across as legitimately sweet and good-natured in interviews - a "puppy" as everyone calls him - and fun to be around, game for anything. Though it's difficult for me to think of him as "hot" in a sexual way - more cute and goofy.

His friendship with Dylan O'Brien is also sweet - like their re-enacting the "you are perfect" scene from "Love Actually".

by Anonymousreply 2905/29/2013

Not a fan of Tyler Posey at all. He's the weakest link on the show.

I'm there for everyone else. I sorta grit my teeth through his scenes, especially if he's mooning over "Allison" (ugh).

I hope they keep playing with the Derrick/Stiles chemistry... even though they've insisted they're not doing that this season. It'd be a shame, because it's rare you find that kind of chemistry between actors and characters like that.

And I'd love to see them both get a little flexible at some point. Maybe not full blown sex, but maybe after some traumatic event, they could hug... and it could go just a little too far. I dunno. Their age difference (well, the character's age difference) is an awkward issue, but still, I'd like to sorta see it played with a little. Where characters don't get all homophobic just because they've had a tender moment with another guy.

by Anonymousreply 3005/29/2013

Is Bianca Lawson coming back? She and Melissa Ponzio were my favorite of the recurring characters.

Well, the recurring characters that aren't already dead, like Grandpa Argent.

by Anonymousreply 3105/29/2013

Really? I thought Bianca Lawson was ridiculously wooden. I won't miss her at all if she is gone (I have no idea what her status on the show is).

I do agree with on Melissa Ponzio, and Seth Gilliam who pays the Vet I really like also.

by Anonymousreply 3205/29/2013

[quote]Really? I thought Bianca Lawson was ridiculously wooden. I won't miss her at all if she is gone (I have no idea what her status on the show is).

I don't know, I keep flashing back to that scene where she quoted Churchill to Styles, which is easily the best cold open the show did, and for my money, one of its best scenes ever. But that may just have been Dylan O'Brien knocking it out of the park.

I really wish Danny was hooking up with Isaac, not whichever of the twins. Isaac really seemed Gay For Scott, as Derek is Gay For Styles.

I really don't know how they're going to find a Big Bad that can top Michael Hogan's performance as Grandpa Argent. But I'm still excited for the new season.

by Anonymousreply 3305/29/2013

no Colton, no watchee.

by Anonymousreply 3405/29/2013

I love this camp fest.

But Dylan O'Brien needs to have a crew cut or else!

by Anonymousreply 3505/29/2013

I'd like to tie him down and shave his head.

Is that so wrong?

by Anonymousreply 3605/30/2013

Bump for discussion and in advance of the return tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 3706/02/2013

I hope he returns in a big way later on R17. That would be a great show shocker, if they could keep a secret.

by Anonymousreply 3806/02/2013

i agree OP, dylan growing his hair out was the most distracting part of that trailer.

by Anonymousreply 3906/02/2013

ok, are people just spelling it "styles" on purpose for some reason or do you just not know that it's spelled "stiles?"

by Anonymousreply 4006/02/2013

R38 colton left so he could advance his career so i highly doubt he will be coming back at all.

by Anonymousreply 4106/02/2013

So... as far as I'm concerned, Allison is irredeemable after her behavior last season. I'll bet they'll just forget all that and go back to a happy couple though.

God I hate that bitch.

by Anonymousreply 4206/03/2013

We find out tonight!!! Woo!!!

by Anonymousreply 4306/03/2013

The hour draws nearer...

And I hate Allison.

But then, I'm all about Dillon O'Brien/Stiles.

Without him, this show would barely be worth watching. He makes it rise above in so many ways... both comedic and dramatic.

by Anonymousreply 4406/03/2013

I'll be interesting to see how they redeem Allison in the eyes of the characters. I'll never forgive her, but apparently the characters will.

by Anonymousreply 4506/03/2013

Lean Stiles meat. Nom.

Ethnic Scott meat. Nom nom.

by Anonymousreply 4606/03/2013

I want to see how they're going to deal with the disappearance of Colton's character... who had such a prominent rebirth in the season finale last year. It's going to seem weird to have Jackson just... gone. And his girlfriend is going to have to be devastated...

by Anonymousreply 4706/03/2013

IT'S STARTING!!!! (on the east coast, anyway)

by Anonymousreply 4806/03/2013

So they shipped Jackson off to London. And three months have passed.

by Anonymousreply 4906/03/2013

Okay, the bird thing was extremely creepy

by Anonymousreply 5006/03/2013

So... they ended last season saying "A pack of alphas is already here"

And now we find out that there was three months of nothing. And now Scott and Stiles seem surprised that there's a pack of alphas.

This is ... bad writing.

by Anonymousreply 5106/03/2013

Who was the hot blond Colton look-alike in Lydia's bed?

by Anonymousreply 5206/03/2013

And the twins? hot bodies, but the faces... an intense mix of gay-face and tard-face that I just don't find attractive.

by Anonymousreply 5306/03/2013

What kind of jacket was Scott wearing? Very sexy.

r49, 'An American Werewolf in London' reference, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 5406/03/2013

R54, they made that joke explicitly... did you watch the episode?

by Anonymousreply 5506/04/2013

Sure did, r55. I was explaining for r49's list of unexplainable items. Now, if someone can explain why the alphas have just been hanging out for three months...

by Anonymousreply 5606/04/2013

Saw it and thought it was just okay for an opener. The attempts at special effects were a bit obvious and kinda cheesy - like, they had enough money to attempt special effects, but not enough to make them look good (e.g. every time a glass window broke, or the obvious green-screening of the opening chase) - in this case, maybe showing less and hinting at the action would have been better. And a deer smashes a car windshield and glass flies into Allison's and Lydia's face, and they don't get a scratch on them?

The hospital scenes were a bit creepy, and it's nice to see how Scott's mom is now in cahoots in keeping things secret. The best relationship on the show continues to be Stiles and his dad - that mixture of love and exasperated pride. I also like Allison and her dad, and thought Allison's change to being more subdued and withdrawn after what she'd done was believable.

Even with kind of a blah opening, still looking forward to the season - after all, Season 2 didn't really start picking up until midway through, and then started becoming awesome in the final few episodes.

by Anonymousreply 5706/04/2013

I hear you R53.

by Anonymousreply 5806/04/2013

I only watched the first two seasons a few months ago, and I can't remember a fucking thing that happened in the last episode.. Why are Scott and Allison not together again?

by Anonymousreply 5906/04/2013

I agree, R57. Completely.

by Anonymousreply 6006/04/2013

[quote]I can't remember a fucking thing that happened in the last episode.. Why are Scott and Allison not together again?

Uh, maybe because the psychotic bitch tried to kill all her classmates with arrows, stabbed Issac with two swords in front of Scott and went on a murderous rampage? The shot of Erica crying and begging her to stop "Allison, stop, please stop! Please, please, please, Allison, please" should explain it all.

by Anonymousreply 6106/04/2013

Uh, gee, thanks for all the spoilers, R22. I did not need to know all that or who the first victims are.

by Anonymousreply 6206/04/2013

Bianca Lawson? Why does that name sound familiar? Isn't she a slayer? Wow, what was that, like 16 years ago? She's still acting?

by Anonymousreply 6306/04/2013

They still never explained what went on between Scott and her mom. Why is she so blase about the whole werewolf thing?

When he first turned in front of her, she just went home and didn't talk to him about it. The next episode started with Scott knocking on her door the next day (or days?) saying maybe they need to talk. Uh, ya think? Why wouldn't she have talked that night at the police station? Wouldn't she have a MILLION questions? Wouldn't she tell Stile's dad what happened? Wouldn't she need to give statements about why the police station was shot up and officers were clawed to death? She was just like, whatever, I'll go home and not talk about it or ask questions. WTF?

And when the school principal came to choke her with a lizard monster, why didn't she go to the police? Why didn't she turn the principal in? She was just like, whatever, gotta go to work. Laterz.

by Anonymousreply 6406/04/2013

I didn't like that Scott got a tattoo. It doesn't fit his character. And I agree with Stiles, that tattoo is UGLY!

by Anonymousreply 6506/04/2013

Wasn't the tattoo a gay equal sign?

by Anonymousreply 6606/04/2013

[quote]And when the school principal came to choke her with a lizard monster, why didn't she go to the police? Why didn't she turn the principal in? She was just like, whatever, gotta go to work. Laterz.

She was shellshocked and didn't understand what was going on. After Grandpa Argent threatened her with the kanima, she told Scott just to give him whatever it was that he wanted and then to stay out of it. Then later, at the big lacrosse game as Grandpa was using Jackson to hurt people, she realized something bad was about to happen, told Scott to forget everything that she'd said and that he had to help stop it.

It was actually a really nice couple of scenes, and cemented how much I like her. And really, having her know the whole truth means that she gets to be a Scooby, not either a perpetual victim or someone who has to be lied to constantly.

I enjoyed the episode. I thought it did a good job of setting up the new status quo, and teasing the arc for this half-season.

Also pleased that the "This Season On Teen Wolf" showed a snippet of Danny/Twin sex.

And who knew Daniel Sharman is British?

by Anonymousreply 6706/04/2013

[quote]And who knew Daniel Sharman is British?

That freaked me out a bit as well.

But I do agree, there was an opportunity lost with the Mom... exploring how she came to terms. Maybe there will be a flashback or a heart-felt conversation.

It was handled a lot better on Buffy.

by Anonymousreply 6806/04/2013

[quote]It was handled a lot better on Buffy.

Buffy also had twenty-two episode seasons.

Also, as I recall, Buffy went from Joyce kicking her out at the end of the second season to being totally okay with it when she finally returned to Sunnydale.

by Anonymousreply 6906/04/2013

I also thought Scott's mom's acceptance was rushed and kind of glossed over. They missed a lot of campy drama opportunities from her getting used to the small fact of her son being a freaking werewolf.

Dylan O'Brien absolutely killed in this episode. Without him the show would be wooden and boring most of the time. I hope they're paying him enough.

by Anonymousreply 7006/04/2013

Colton really got dissed. They didn't even mention Jackson's name.

I gave up long ago on trying to follow the plot with all its holes. I'm afraid those twin are not going to replace Colton for me. They are not attractive. Those foreheads. Maybe if Dan Sharman takes his clothes off as often as Colton did.

by Anonymousreply 7106/04/2013

Why shouldn't they diaa him? He was the one who left them in the lurch. They had to rewrite the whole season because he left.

by Anonymousreply 7206/04/2013

R71, didn't the blond guy in bed seem more of a Colton replacement? I mean, he wasn't an EXACT look-alike, but he was certainly very similar.

I hope we see him again. He was freakin' hot.

Oh: And not a single locker-room scene!

And VOTN, isn't Teen Wolf doing 20 episode seasons now?

by Anonymousreply 7306/04/2013

Why shouldn't they diss him? He was the one who left them in the lurch. They had to rewrite the whole season because he left.

by Anonymousreply 7406/04/2013

[quote]And VOTN, isn't Teen Wolf doing 20 episode seasons now?

Yes, now, but last season, when Scott got outed to his mother only had 12, and that was in episode 10. I would have liked a character moment too, but there was still some good stuff.

Now it's months later, and she's part of the team. Sort of like the den mother.

by Anonymousreply 7506/04/2013

R75, like I said, missed dramatic opportunity.

Her behavior at the end of last season was bizarre, out of character, and not realistic in any way. Inexplicable. Not even "irrational" covers it. And now suddenly she's just "team wolf".

Totally a missed dramatic opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 7606/04/2013

The premiere was the highest rated first-run scripted show on cable last night, and scored its highest ratings to date.

by Anonymousreply 7706/04/2013

[quote]I really don't know how they're going to find a Big Bad that can top Michael Hogan's performance as Grandpa Argent

FWIW, Gerard does not appear to be officially dead. If Peter can return from the grave, maybe he could return as well.

by Anonymousreply 7806/04/2013

[quote]Uh, maybe because the psychotic bitch tried to kill all her classmates with arrows, stabbed Issac with two swords in front of Scott and went on a murderous rampage? The shot of Erica crying and begging her to stop "Allison, stop, please stop! Please, please, please, Allison, please" should explain it all.

I literally remember none of this.

I watch the show to look at the cute boys. What actually happens goes in one eye and out the other. I'd be disgusted with myself for being so shallow, but then, the show's content doesn't exactly merit much attention.

by Anonymousreply 7906/04/2013

[quote]And who knew Daniel Sharman is British?

You would have heard him speak that British talk in the movie Immortals, in which he played Ares, and then you would wonder how he went from being in a big budget movie to being a secondary character in a summer series on a basic cable channel.

by Anonymousreply 8006/04/2013

Perfect nipple placement on r80's gif.

by Anonymousreply 8106/04/2013

[quote]Oh: And not a single locker-room scene!

Well, technically part of the opening scene took place there, when the black girl was being chased by the alphas.

by Anonymousreply 8206/05/2013

I know the show (and most shows and movies in general) require suspension of disbelief with 20-something actors portraying high-schoolers, but the freshmen "14-year olds" that Lydia was lusting after might have been a bit much...

by Anonymousreply 8306/05/2013

I was thinking the same thing with High School Student Lydia, and that sexy blond stud in her bed asking to have sex again... WHERE ARE HER PARENTS?!?

by Anonymousreply 8406/05/2013

Haha yeah R83, that was pretty bad because they explicity had them talk about how the guys were 14 and so young while showing guys in their mid twenties.

I didnt realize that was him in Immortals, Daniel Sherman is really classically beautiful, he makes a great greek go

The alpha pack being here in the finale versus just arriving a few months later is because Colton bounced, cant blame them for that.

by Anonymousreply 8506/05/2013

They could have recast Jackson

by Anonymousreply 8606/05/2013

Jackson leaving screwed up the whole storyline and timeline. They had something really great planned out that connects everything back to why Jackson's parents were murdered and why he's so special and how it connects to Lydia's immunity. Now they had to throw that story away and started from scratch. Fuck Colton Hayes!

by Anonymousreply 8706/06/2013

Who took a bite out of Daniel Sharman's earlobe? They never explained that.

by Anonymousreply 8806/06/2013

R87, I'd love to know the original plans in more detail.

by Anonymousreply 8906/06/2013

Not an auspicious beginning, but there is promise in the season. I hope it lives up to it.

by Anonymousreply 9006/06/2013

"Fuck Colton Haynes" is a dream come true, not an insult.

I don't see why they didn't just recast Jackson instead of scrapping an entire season's plotline.

by Anonymousreply 9106/08/2013

But how would they explain why Jackson looks so different? That he got plastic surgery over the summer break??? It would have been too jarring and taken you out of the story.

by Anonymousreply 9206/08/2013

You don't explain it at all. You ignore it.

by Anonymousreply 9306/08/2013

That blond guy in Lydia's bed could have been an easy replacement for Jackson. Total look-alike.

by Anonymousreply 9406/08/2013

They could easily recast Jackson with an actor similar enough to Colton. Like NPH or Chris Crocker.

by Anonymousreply 9506/08/2013

Neil is about to turn 40. And Chris Crocker? Are you out of your fucking mind?

by Anonymousreply 9606/08/2013

Chris Crocker is a pretty good actor. He's great on Glee and I'm sure he'll kill it on Teen Wolf.

by Anonymousreply 9706/08/2013

[quote]He's great on Glee and I'm sure he'll kill it on Teen Wolf.

That's Chris Colfer. A good actor, but he leaves something to be desired in the beefcake department. Chris Crocker is the "leave Britney alone" dipshit.

by Anonymousreply 9806/08/2013

They can both hit the gym and buff up. Maybe do P90X. It's not that hard.

by Anonymousreply 9906/08/2013

by Anonymousreply 10006/10/2013

Something seems ... off ... about the writing this year. Is it just me?

by Anonymousreply 10106/10/2013

Did you catch when she was typing into the search engine, DL Grammar queens?

[quote]Beacon Hills business logo's

Damn it, Teen Wolf! There's no apostrophe in the plural of logo. You're ruining a generation that is already dumb!

by Anonymousreply 10206/11/2013

Thought tonight's episode was great - a marked improvement over the first. Some interesting twists and mysteries, and the revelation of who Cora is... opens up a whole lot of possibilities for the season.

Loved Stiles' scenes (including his scenes with Derek), and that they're finally addressing some things that were simmering last season - the tension between Derek and Allison, as well as the unexplained four month wait from the Alpha's arrival (even if the explanation does seem a bit thin). And more use of Deaton / Morell - really looking forward to where this season goes.

by Anonymousreply 10306/11/2013

And one of the funniest, subtle moments was Danny's "okay now..." face in the classroom after Stiles' "quarter" dropped out of his pocket.

by Anonymousreply 10406/11/2013

lol! i bet danny's a size queen XD

by Anonymousreply 10506/11/2013

Why is no one blaming that bitch Alison for Boyd and Erica being captured? The only reason they're captured is because Alison shot them with arrows and hung them up to be electrocuted. When they escaped and were running, they then got captured by the Alphas.

by Anonymousreply 10606/11/2013

So the twins are murderers and they go to high school? Why would they still bother with high school? You normally don't see psychotic murderers go to school.

by Anonymousreply 10706/11/2013

Freaking hilarious episode thanks in large part to Dylan O'Brien. Loved the bit with the condom (a little not to Zac Efron's red carpet moment) and also like that they're modeling responsible sexual practices to the few actual teens in the audience.

Some of the scenes actually scared me a little, especially the one in the wine cellar with all the bottles breaking.

If only we could have watched Dylan put that XL condom on his cock...

by Anonymousreply 10806/11/2013

Yes, R102, that's all I could think about after seeing it.

by Anonymousreply 10906/11/2013

So one of the twins is gay and one is straight? Riiiiight.

Both those twins are gayer than a werewolf with a perm.

by Anonymousreply 11006/11/2013

More Daniel Sharman!! He's the cutest one on there.

by Anonymousreply 11106/11/2013

Really, R111? I don't think so. I mean, I wouldn't kick him out of bed, but... he's no Colton Haynes.

by Anonymousreply 11206/11/2013

Well, to begin with r112, Colton ain't on there anymore. Colton and such are too pretty and too perfect. I like guys who look like men you'd see walking down the street. It's why I prefer Daniel and Dylan on the show then the pretty boys. And those twins are truly ugly.

by Anonymousreply 11306/11/2013

R106, I think they've been pretty explicit about Allison needing to redeem herself, become a better person after what happened, with Stiles acknowledging that mistakes were made on all sides but no one was actually killed.

I did think it was a bit hypocritical of Derek to go after Lydia (who was mind-controlled and didn't want to be involved in the first place) and Allison, but then to rely on Scott, who after all basically betrayed him with his secret plan and used Derek to bite Gerard.

The moment that freaked me out was seeing Erica in the closet - was she meant to be a corpse (her eyes were open) or just near death? I know she's no longer with the show and the actress is doing another pilot, but I was hoping she'd at least get a few lines in before saying goodbye. I also thought it was a bit strange how many times people made a point that she was probably dead - if she'd actually died the show would make more of a moment / surprise out of it - which leads me to think there might be a bit of a plot out of her being near death / being revived?

by Anonymousreply 11406/11/2013

[quote]Why is no one blaming that bitch Alison for Boyd and Erica being captured? The only reason they're captured is because Alison shot them with arrows and hung them up to be electrocuted. When they escaped and were running, they then got captured by the Alphas.

Continuity is not this show's strong point.

by Anonymousreply 11506/11/2013

[quote] It's why I prefer Daniel and Dylan on the show then the pretty boys.

This is NOT a pretty boy?

by Anonymousreply 11606/11/2013

Just watched the new one, much better than the premiere, nicw to see all these characters actually talk to each other about whats going on.

Also, quickly estasblish one of the twins like dudes and is into Danny. Hope the writing for tht pairing is actually decent and not just lets throw them togethether aniel Sheman is certainly good looking but in a more graceful beutiful way. Colty is all american twinged with dirty sexuality. s. Appreciate them both in different way Also this episode reminded me how damn sexy Ian Bohen who plays Peter is. Though it is ridiculous they just are fairly cool with him after the shit he has done.

by Anonymousreply 11706/11/2013

[quote]Sheman is certainly good looking but in a more graceful beutiful way. Colty is all american twinged with dirty sexuality

Agree. Colton is sexy. Sharman is beautiful. Hope hecan learn a little dirty.

by Anonymousreply 11806/11/2013

Solid episode all around, except that I don't know if the show has a new stylist or something, but previously I could almost buy Crystal Reed as a teenager. So far, they've made her look a lot like a woman in Gabrielle Carteris territory, which is closer to her actual age.

I think it's the hair. It doesn't flatter her.

There was a moment where Scott was struggling to hold Isaac down where I just wanted to yell "Just kiss him already" at the TV. If Derek is sneaking off to give it to Stiles roughly from behind, Scott and Isaac are making tender love full of soft music and candles.

by Anonymousreply 11906/11/2013

I agree also. I remember seeing Daniel in Immortals and thinking "Wow, who is that guy?". I wish something could've been worked out with Colton. I hope Daniel is featured more this season.

by Anonymousreply 12006/11/2013

[quote]I hope Daniel is featured more this season.

Nipples out in the first two episodes. Off to a good start.

by Anonymousreply 12106/11/2013

I like that the skanky tramp who tried to steal Stiles' virtue was appropriately punished for it. Also, I liked that Stiles put on a big fisting glove when they got ready to probe Isaac, and that he asked Scott, "Are you cumming?" when Scott looked back at the muscle twins, and that when he fell asleep with Scott he presented his ass high in the air just in case.

by Anonymousreply 12206/11/2013

I miss Jackson and Erica. Season 2 started with Jackson and ended with Jackson (It was all his character build up). Him going off to England in Season 3 is bogus!

Erica is dead but will come up in future flashback scenes of her relationship with Boyd and Isaac throughout the 4 months.

I hope that they up the budget for Season 4 for the actors. I wouldn't want to see the same thing happen and loose any of the new characters due to money.

by Anonymousreply 12306/11/2013

Teen Wolf hasn't had a budget increase in their run so far. I wouldn't get too hopeful.

by Anonymousreply 12406/11/2013

[quote][R106], I think they've been pretty explicit about Allison needing to redeem herself, become a better person after what happened, with Stiles acknowledging that mistakes were made on all sides but no one was actually killed.

But someone WAS killed. Erica!!

by Anonymousreply 12506/12/2013

Poor Boyd and Erica. Can you imagine the trauma they suffered to be kidnapped and tortured by Alison and finally to escape only to be kidnapped and tortured by another group and then killed.

by Anonymousreply 12606/12/2013

R123, I think the problem is the actors for the new characters get bigger roles elsewhere (e.g. Gage Golightly is the main character in a CW pilot), and no matter what Teen Wolf's budget, a main role somewhere else is better than a bit player part, though that doesn't explain Colton's departure. I think there was news the other day about the "Cora" actress (Adelaide Kane)'s new CW series getting picked up - where she plays the main role - so that's another new character that might have to be written off after this season, which would be unfortunate given the reveal in Monday's episode.

As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, the biggest loss to the show would be Dylan O'Brien's departure, and so far he's also the one with the most outside opportunities. But it seems the show is pretty accommodating to him, e.g. reworking scheduling so he can do other projects.

Even if Erica really is dead, I wouldn't write her off as never appearing alive again - the show seems pretty comfortable reviving dead characters (e.g. Peter) when it wants, and it can't be a coincidence that one of the images in the new season intro is of buried hands emerging from the ground.

by Anonymousreply 12706/12/2013

Colton Haynes left to take the role of Roy Harper on [italic]Arrow[/italic] over on the CW, which I imagine is more exposure and probably more money.

by Anonymousreply 12806/12/2013

What was up with Derek going around literally making friends for himself by turning high schoolers? Was he really that lonely? Is he a pedophile? What would he even have in common with 16-year-olds? Go for someone his own age, or at least college-aged for God's sake. It's as sick as when 100+ year old vampires go for underage high school girls.

And he basically ruined all of their lives. They could have just been normal high school students but instead they're constantly running for their lives, have to abandon their families, constantly getting kidnapped, tortured, killed. And then in the premiere Derek tells Scott to just go be a normal teenager. Why does he want Scott to be a normal teenager but not the others?

by Anonymousreply 12906/12/2013

[quote]What was up with Derek going around literally making friends for himself by turning high schoolers

For the first part of your question, he was building up his pack so he stand against the Argents.

They actually addressed the second question in the episode this week: it's apparently easier to turn a teenager than an adult.

by Anonymousreply 13006/12/2013

[quote]Colton Haynes left to take the role of Roy Harper on Arrow over on the CW, which I imagine is more exposure and probably more money.

I thought he left because he was upset over only having a story for half the season (his character pretty much disappearing after that)... and that the "Arrow" thing came later.

I know there was quite a gap of time between the news he was leaving Teen Wolf, and the news he was joining Arrow.

by Anonymousreply 13106/12/2013

The story Colton's team leaked is that he left because they were going to reduce the number of episodes he was guaranteed. ff Davis, the showrunner, has claimed that isnt true. I tend to believe the latter because it has also been leaked how Colton wanted to leave after the first season at one point and they had to make sure he got contracted for the second.

It definitely has nothing to do with Arrow specifically because as people said he booked Arrow quite a long time after t passing on his Teen Wolf contract.

Also, I've heard just like their characters with Max and Charlie Carver one is gay and one is straight.

by Anonymousreply 13206/12/2013

[quote]Also, I've heard just like their characters with Max and Charlie Carver one is gay and one is straight.

If that's true, I wonder if whichever of the two is gay is playing Ethan, the one Danny's going to be making sweet, sweet love to, and the straight one is playing Aiden, who's currently moistening Lydia's panties.

Also, whoever was worried they were easing up on the Sterek subtext needn't have been, after all their talk about fisting and shafts and so on.

I also have to say, I'm liking the new and improved Scott. Stiles is always going to be the heart of the show, but since it seems like the arc is going to result in Scott becoming an Alpha himself, it's good that he's becoming more capable.

by Anonymousreply 13306/12/2013

[quote]I wonder if whichever of the two is gay is playing Ethan, the one Danny's going to be making sweet, sweet love to, and the straight one is playing Aiden, who's currently moistening Lydia's panties.

FWIW, it appears that Charlie plays Ethan and Max plays Aiden. Make of that what you will.

by Anonymousreply 13406/12/2013

R133, the comments about there being less "Sterek" came from Dylan himself in interviews (he noted he hadn't filmed many scenes with Hoechlin this season), but I enjoyed their interactions in the second episode too - the fisting innuendos and eyebrow waggles were great. As was the image of Stiles falling asleep face down with his ass in the air.

And R129, I think Derek's feeling some heavy guilt about Boyd and Erica (along with all the other guilt piled on him already) which is why he left Scott alone, whereas in the first season he was always harassing Scott to join him. I like that they're fleshing out Derek a bit more this season instead of always being the broody presence in the corner, and showing other aspects of his personality like his loyalty and willingness to sacrifice himself (but also that he's rash and doesn't think plans through very well - something that both Peter and now Scott have pointed out to him).

by Anonymousreply 13506/12/2013

[quote]It definitely has nothing to do with Arrow specifically because as people said he booked Arrow quite a long time after passing on his Teen Wolf contract.

R128 here. OK, I stand corrected. I should have simply said that he is now on [italic]Arrow[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 13606/12/2013

An online quiz to see if you can guess which shirtless Teen Wolf actor is which...

I don't know how concerned I should be that I got all 13 correct.

by Anonymousreply 13706/13/2013

R137, so it's almost hilarious: I got everyone right but Scott. EVERY time it was Scott I got it wrong.

Because, I guess, that I don't care for Scott much. I just don't really notice him.

by Anonymousreply 13806/13/2013

I know there are various Teen Wolf recaps out there, but my favorites are by Tumblr user "heathicorn":

by Anonymousreply 13906/13/2013

Colton was uphappy because the Teen Wolf in the title is referring to Scott instead of him. He opened and closed last season, he was basically the star of last season so the Teen Wolf should be referring to him but the producers disagreed.

by Anonymousreply 14006/13/2013

I thought Teen Wolf was starting in July? Damn, already missed 2 episodes!

Anyway, heard from a very reliable source that Colton Hayes makes a surprise comeback, in the most shocking episode of the season.

by Anonymousreply 14106/13/2013

[quote]Some of the scenes actually scared me a little, especially the one in the wine cellar with all the bottles breaking.

I actually screamed like a Mary.

by Anonymousreply 14206/13/2013

R137 i got 12 out of 13 right, i only missed scott once cuz i thought his perky nips were coltons XD

by Anonymousreply 14306/14/2013

Okay, I know who the twins remind me of - Taylor Lautner and Matt Damon, if they mated and got prego...with a big exception I think they (Taylor & Matt) are somewhat attractive. The twins are not. They look semi retardo (I know, not very PC)? I really am trying to get into them and I can if I don't look at their faces. An I the only one who feels this way? Again, I miss Colton's Jackson, but Daniel, Ian and the Tylers are bringing it do far. I like the new Big Bad.

by Anonymousreply 14406/14/2013

Tyler Posey has really improved on his acting skills. He was attending the Actor's Studio.

by Anonymousreply 14506/14/2013

The twins look like Matt Damon!

by Anonymousreply 14606/14/2013

I wouldn't say Tyler Posey's good yet (his tattoo confessional moment in the first episode was still stilted and awkward; compare it to Dylan's acting in his confessional in the guidance counselor's office in Season 2), but I agree he seems a bit more relaxed and natural this season.

And R144, I agree on the Taylor Lautner comparison, since their facial features are kind of squished, though I think some fans have been unusually harsh and mean-spirited towards them (I think they're cute, but sometimes cute doesn't cut it on a show full of male models). Maybe once we get to know the characters and actually hear them speak, they'll improve - there were a lot of people who thought Dylan O'Brien was "ugly" (and he's not conventionally attractive), but as the character grew on them their opinion of his looks improved. So far the twins haven't done much except that ridiculous strip-show / morphing thing in the first episode.

by Anonymousreply 14706/15/2013

Dylan O'Brien has a rare real knack for acting and tha guidance counselor scene was probably his best moment so far. Not a fair comparison.

I wouldn't call Posey good, he definitely still gets confused about what to do with his face sometimes, but if you watched from the beginning you can tell he is working hard at being a better actor and I give him props for that. That tattoo scene was delivered admirably well.

And yeah the twins haven't actually spoken yet have they?

by Anonymousreply 14806/15/2013

R148, I have no idea why Dylan didn't win an Emmy (and the writers and directors as well) for that Guidance counselor scene last year. I mean, that was an utterly amazing scene, and Dylan just killed it.

I watched that scene four or five times, it was so good. I never do that.

by Anonymousreply 14906/15/2013

I wonder why they hired Tyler Posey if he can't act? There must have been hundreds of better looking guys who could act. Were they really just so in love with his look? They could have hired Colton Hayes for the main role or even Dylan O'Brien. In the original Teen Wolf, Scott was kind of a dork and Stiles was the cool one. Dylan could have been a great Scott and Tyler could be Stiles.

by Anonymousreply 15006/15/2013

Tyler Possy's worst acting is in a scene they keep showing in the "Previously on Teen Wolf" intros. Derek has his arm stuck on a tree with an arrow and Scott asks "What is that?" Such laughably bad acting.

by Anonymousreply 15106/15/2013

R150, I think Dylan's mentioned before that he was originally supposed to read / audition for Scott (he may have in fact done so), but that the character of Stiles appealed to him more.

Tyler Posey is pretty popular among teens (who are MTV's target audience), he's cute, and most of the time his general air of puppy-like optimism (and dimness) work for the character - though maybe Scott the character was supposed to have a bit more gravitas, and people just think of him as being puppy-like because of the influence of Tyler's portrayal.

And to be honest, I don't think "acting ability" was high on their list of qualities in casting the show - with the exception of Dylan, who's a surprise breakout and didn't have any experience at all when he was cast, and a few of the veteran actors, most of the cast is pretty average acting-wise. But the same can be said of most TV shows populated by teen / young actors - it's not like Glee, 90210, Gossip Girl, Pretty Little Liars, etc. are full of Yale drama grads. Teens / young actors who have the looks and the experience and range to act well are in pretty short supply.

by Anonymousreply 15206/15/2013

I agree about the twins. Not attractive in the slightest. I was so bummed with who they picked for the roles.. just no. And I hate the the fact that one of them will be Danny's (who I like very much) new love interest. Danny is such a great character, hot, gay, smart.. he deserves so much better than what he's getting right now. That goes for everything.. he needs more to do, and they need to write his character better.

Anyway.. I'd prefer the Harries twins for the roles instead of the ugly ones who got the parts.

by Anonymousreply 15306/15/2013

More Harries twins.. just because :)

by Anonymousreply 15406/15/2013

But the twins are murderers, killers. They're supposed to be evil villains. The Harries twins would not work at all.

by Anonymousreply 15506/15/2013

r150 They did originally want Dylan for the lead role but he felt more comfortable with the stiles role.

by Anonymousreply 15606/15/2013

R155, so what? They could still pick some hot twins.. it didn't necessarily have to be the Harries twins.. just some hot and mean looking twins. I feel there are better looking twins out there, who could play the part, than the fugly ones they ended up with.

by Anonymousreply 15706/15/2013

Is Scott supposed to be Latino? It's strange they would cast a Latino in the lead for Teen Wolf since they always cast white leads. They would never have cast a black or Asian Teen Wolf lead.

by Anonymousreply 15806/15/2013

r158 Tyler Posey said he believes Scott is at least half-Latino.

by Anonymousreply 15906/15/2013

What is Tyler Posey?

by Anonymousreply 16006/15/2013

I click on threads of shows like these that I don't watch, hoping that people post about how terrible the show is or is becoming. It never happens!

by Anonymousreply 16106/15/2013

Is that a joke? r160 if not Tyler Posey is Latino(Irish, English, Scottish, Native American, Mexican).

by Anonymousreply 16206/15/2013

They hired a fairly ethnic looking woman as Scott's mother (though she's actually part Italian and part native, rather than Latina).

by Anonymousreply 16306/15/2013

What?! Tyler Posey is Latino? I thought he was white.

by Anonymousreply 16406/15/2013

R164, his full name's Tyler Garcia Posey (his mother is Mexican-born, I think), and he won an ALMA award earlier (American Latino Media Arts), so yeah, he's Latino.

He once (infamously among fans) responded to an interview question about Scott McCall being very "black and white in terms of loyalty" by interjecting "he's actually Mexican, I think". Cute joke or an "oh dear..." moment? It's hard to tell with him sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 16506/15/2013

I don't think he was joking. He's not quick on his feet like that to actually make jokes. If it were Dylan or Colton, then it would be obviously them making a joke.

by Anonymousreply 16606/15/2013

[quote]he won an ALMA award earlier (American Latino Media Arts), so yeah, he's Latino.

What did he win his award for? Certainly not for his acting.

by Anonymousreply 16706/15/2013

New episode tonight!!!

by Anonymousreply 16806/17/2013

A photo of the "Hale pack" (Tyler H, Daniel Sharman and Ian Bohen) out and about in L.A. - Tyler Hoechlin's real-life fashion choices always give me a bit of pause...

by Anonymousreply 16906/17/2013

It's very "over-grown frat-boy" isn't it, R169?

by Anonymousreply 17006/17/2013

The Harries twins are not actors, just cute internet presences. They'd have to do a lot of working out.

by Anonymousreply 17106/17/2013

Ian Bohen has a really nice body. I wish they wouldn't always keep him so covered-up.

by Anonymousreply 17206/17/2013

[quote]They'd have to do a lot of working out.

They have. Say what you will about their looks or acting ability (or lack thereof), but they worked out for the show and have buffed up nicely.

by Anonymousreply 17306/17/2013

R169 Tyler looks busy,mi bet he's sexting with his bud Colton. And, his fashion is always on point when he's hanging out with Colton.

by Anonymousreply 17406/17/2013

Whoops. Please pardon my failure to properly read the post.

by Anonymousreply 17506/17/2013

Scott protects children and lesbian widows. He's a superhero.

by Anonymousreply 17606/17/2013

Holy fuck. Stiles knocks it out of the park again.

When he saw the body of the girl in the morgue... holy fuck. He really sold it.

by Anonymousreply 17706/17/2013

Dylan is so talented. He should have his own TV show, as a teenage detective or night manager of a fast food restaurant or a conflicted college student who turns tricks for tuition money.

by Anonymousreply 17806/17/2013

Seriously. The only reason this episode worked at all is because of Dylan. Stiles completely sells the show. Nobody else on the show can act at all. Tyler and Tyler being the worst. And some of the writing is so cheesy... like if I were in high school and I wanted to write a scene, and have high school drama kids act it. It's pretty bad.

And then there's Dylan. Who elevates the entire show. He's amazing.

by Anonymousreply 17906/17/2013

[quote]And, his fashion is always on point when he's hanging out with Colton.

Hoechlin credited Colton with helping the guys on the show out with their fashion. Colton stays snatched.

by Anonymousreply 18006/17/2013

Don't know what to make of the latest episode - sometimes the writing and performances can be very compelling, and sometimes it seems it's bad B-movie cheesy standard horror conventions.

Like, Lydia was just the standard screaming girl this episode, and Ms. Blake (Derek's rumored love interest) was just the damsel in distress grateful to her protector (I hope there's more to the relationship than that). But that was counterbalanced by Allison being a bit more badass this time around. Isaac was noticeably more snarky, sort of playing a werewolf Stiles.

And virgin human sacrifices? Really? I agree with previous posters that the episode would have been eye-rolling except that Dylan O'Brien knocked it out of the park again and gave the cheesy plot some weight - especially that moment in the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 18106/18/2013

By the way, apparently Derek no longer drives his bad-ass Camaro and instead drives a Toyota SUV because Toyota is a sponsor of the show. They even filmed a cheesy commercial for it. Really? They couldn't come up with any better product integration than that? (this show is notoriously bad at natural product integration, with the Macy's and Reese's and Pandora blatantly popping up on screen - though I guess it says something that I remember those products).

by Anonymousreply 18206/18/2013

[quote]I agree with previous posters that the episode would have been eye-rolling except that Dylan O'Brien knocked it out of the park again and gave the cheesy plot some weight - especially that moment in the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 18306/18/2013

When did they have Reese on the show? Don't remember seeing her.

by Anonymousreply 18406/18/2013

How did Stiles automatically know what was happening?

by Anonymousreply 18506/18/2013

Ewww, lesbians. Gross! I was hoping they would be killed off and ripped to shreds right away.

by Anonymousreply 18606/18/2013

When Alison broke the seal and Boyd came charging at her, how did she know he wasn't going to kill her? Afterall I'm sure Boyd remembers Alison shooting him with 30 arrows. That would have been the perfect time for revenge.

by Anonymousreply 18706/18/2013

[quote]How did Stiles automatically know what was happening?

Because he's always been the brains of the operation. Three victims who were all virgins killed in the same ritualistic manner, I think that's pretty good reasoning.

I don't know, I found a lot to like in the episode. Dylan O'Brien and Melissa Ponzio killed it in their scenes together, and seeing Scott once more displaying himself as capable was also nice.

Also, Isaac.

by Anonymousreply 18806/18/2013

At this point, Dylan O'Brien is the only reason to watch the show for me.

by Anonymousreply 18906/18/2013

Agree, Dylan needs a salary increase stat. He's the comic relief AND can carry an emotional scene like the one in the morgue.

The special effects (if you can call them that) were particularly bad in this episode. And why do all the werewolves roar like creatures from some 70's Disney movie?

by Anonymousreply 19006/18/2013

Re-watching last week's episode (the replay before this week's new episode) reminded me of some of the "High School Drama Class" quality of the writing, direction, and acting. Particularly by Scott/Tyler Posey. At the beginning when the go to the party and Stiles is whisked off, Scott does this face like "you go boy", which is almost good, but kind of over-done. Then he smiles at the sassy black lady, who gives him an exaggerated eye-roll as if to say "As IF!", and he gets this not-even-good-enough-for-drama-class-101 expression of hurt on his face. The whole scene was as subtle as a brick, totally obvious, and just really amateurish.

The thing is, it's pretty common in this show. It's missing something... real competence I guess.

Except in any scene Dylan is in. He manages to take even the cheesiest stuff, and sells it 100%.

The other Tyler isn't good at acting either.

And some of the arbitrary shit they make up, like an alpha werewolf can stick his claw into the neck of another werewolf and see his memories, that even the subject can't remember? Please. That's called lazy writing, not world-building.

by Anonymousreply 19106/18/2013

Stiles put 2 and 2 together because he knew the girl was a virgin, and he's smart, and human sacrifice was the obvious conclusion.

by Anonymousreply 19206/18/2013

[quote]Because he's always been the brains of the operation. Three victims who were all virgins killed in the same ritualistic manner, I think that's pretty good reasoning.

He only knew of two. And it's a pretty big jump to automatically conclude human sacrifices. It's not the obvious conclusion. After he saw Heather, he told Scott's mom, "I think I know what's happening." Lazy writing.

There were 2 high school kids recently murdered in my town. They were young so I assume they were virgins. But no one in my town automatically assumed it was human sacrifices. We just assumed it was a serial killer.

by Anonymousreply 19306/18/2013

Random lesbians making out, while the actual gay character have had zero love interests and zero kissing over two seasons. LOL.

It isn't a get out of prison free card from the producers.. it doesn't work that way. You can't ignore the gay character for two seasons, then add a couple of lesbians and pretend that you've filled up the gay quota. Nope. I'm fucking done with this show unless Danny gets a love interest he actually gets to kiss.

by Anonymousreply 19406/18/2013

Making the connection with the Purity ring immediately was a bit of a stretch, but I figure Stiles' last moment with Heather and her emphasizing it was her first time was at the forefront of his mind, so it seems like something his mind would jump to.

By far the worst special effects this season are anything involving running in front of a moving green screen background - the lighting's always off, and it reminds me of those car interior scenes in old TV shows where the background is moving too fast for the driving to be realistic. They need to find a better way to do those scenes (or ditch the effect altogether), because it's distracting.

There were some predictable fangirl complaints about the Derek / Ms. Blake scene, and while I'm willing to see where the show takes it, I do have to admit it's not a promising start - she's the damsel in distress, he's the silent hero, dramatic music plays in the background, that's it.

I think one of the (valid) criticisms of the show is that the "canon" romances can be paper-thin and not particularly well-written, which is why fans focus on "shipping" instead. Scott and Allison? Immediate attraction and then making out and declaring their love for one another; very little exploration about what makes them work. Lydia and Jackson? Treat each other like crap and then turn around and declare their love for one another. Stiles' declarations of love for Lydia? "Nice guy" obsession and putting a girl on a pedestal, complete with creepy over-enthusiastic gifts (I do like their relationship more this season, where they seem more like a detective duo). And now Derek and Ms. Blake - he's hot; she's hot; he saved her = romance.

I know the show is trying to cram 10 different plotlines in each episode (seriously - the alphas, hinting at Scott being special, the virgin sacrifices) but writing-wise I think it'd benefit from dropping a subplot or two and giving its characters more time to talk and interact. Like, that was seriously Erica's send-off - a dead body in a closet and then Derek holding her later - 10 seconds of screen-time max; that was it?

by Anonymousreply 19506/18/2013

This show is actually homophobic. Treating lesbians as sexual objects, and gays as sexless human beings (including a barely there gay character). It's not acceptable.

by Anonymousreply 19606/18/2013

What's up with Scott always doing all these unnecessary flips and landing with a cheesy pose? Is this the Power Rangers? Is he channeling the naked guy at the 16th St. BART station?

by Anonymousreply 19706/18/2013

R194 and R196, they actually will give screen-time to Danny and Ethan's romance (previews have already shown a bit of their sex scene), so in this case I'm willing to give them a pass - the lesbian scene seemed more like equal representation than exploitation, since they definitely show straight couples going at it and will show a gay couple going at it later.

by Anonymousreply 19806/18/2013

Boyd and Cora must be the slowest and stupidest werewolves ever. They wandered for HOURS in the forest never finding their way to town and never killing a thing. How realistic is that? In real life, during all that time they would have gone on a rampage killing dozens of people.

by Anonymousreply 19906/18/2013

I think they're trying to send the message that lesbianism is bad. You have gay sex, you get killed.

by Anonymousreply 20006/18/2013

R200, someone pointed out that in most horror movies, the virgins are the ones who survive (as a reward for being so pure, I guess), but in this case, virgins are the ones who die - so characters like Stiles better get their freak on soon if they don't want to be targeted.

And the straight person wanting to have sex (Heather) was killed off too, so I don't see it as a coded message against lesbianism (though it is unfortunate that their first representation of a female-female relationship on screen is followed by a killing).

by Anonymousreply 20106/18/2013

Still, R198.. I think it's hypocritical to have two random lesbian characters making out, before the gay character that has actually been on the show for TWO seasons, get to even kiss!

I don't trust the producer at all. He said there would be "lots of Danny" this season.. hahaha, yeah, right. Danny has had TWO lines the last THREE episodes. It's not acceptable. How can we be sure that he will get more screen time? I don't think he will. He's barely there already.. and I don't think it will change.

I will give them a pass IF Danny gets to have a similar make out/sex scene like the lesbians have. I just think it was such a crappy way to do it. You have ignored the gay character for HOW LONG?! And when you FINALLY portray some same sex scenes, it's lesbians? No, fuck off. The gay character deserves so much more. You should have focused on HIM, not two random characters! It's like a punch in the face. It's so unfair. The first same sex action should have been between Danny and his love interest. It's a matter of respect for the character, and for the actor, who has been on the show for two seasons.

Fact is that we didn't NEED another lesbian sex scene.. the lesbians are all over tv these days... Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones, Pretty Little Liars, Grey's Anatomy, The Fosters etc. They have enough representation. I can count the gays currently on tv on one hand. It's pathetic. I just expected more from a gay producer.. then again, Vampire Diaries has a gay producer too, and the show has been on for how many years without any gay representation? Truth is that most gay producers are fucking hypocrites. He's able to have witches, vampires, murderers etc on the show.. but GAYS, that's where he draws the line? lol.

This is why I'm done with tv. I watch gay themed movies and gay themed web series.. gay representation on tv is still pathetic, and hasn't moved an inch since the 90s. Gays on tv are either sexless, or barely there, or both.

by Anonymousreply 20206/18/2013

I don't have a problem with the Lesbian scene per se. I thought it was done decently except for the fact they looked more like straight guy fantasies than real lesbians.

Jeff Davis is clearly opting for homoeroticism rather than developing any real gay storylines. Being gay himself I think he's scared the show will be pigeonholed for being too gay; although that really is a ridiculous fear. There are plenty of hetero characters on the show so giving Danny more to do is hardly going to tip the balance.

The show's audience is basically straight women and gay men. Neither of these groups is going to stop watching if the gay character gets more attention. Get a clue, Jeff.

by Anonymousreply 20306/18/2013

R203, that's basically what I said.. I don't have any problem with the lesbian scene per se.. it's just that they have severely underdeveloped the ONE gay character they actually do have. Why not make the first queer scene be between Danny, who's actually been on the show for two years, and his lover? Where is the respect for his character? It's just a crappy thing to do. Danny should have had sex (or at the very least kissed someone) before the producer brought in random lesbians just to feed straight guys' fantasies. I also agree that the scene was clearly sexual in nature, and mostly done to please the straight guys watching. Compare that with how Danny is treated, like a sexless and barely there gay character.. is it really fair? I don't think so. The lesbians actually had more lines during two minutes yesterday than Danny has gotten all season. I just think the scene was unnecessary, if anything it should have been Danny hooking up with someone.

by Anonymousreply 20406/18/2013

Are we supposed to assume that Derek killed Boyd and Cora?

If so, why bother bringing in a random character who had a connection to Derek and no connection to the audience. Erica would have worked much better in that a character we've never seen before.

by Anonymousreply 20506/18/2013

Yeah, I agree it's not ideal that (1) a lesbian make-out scene of two random characters is shown before the gay character who's been around two seasons gets any action, and (2) the first time lesbians are shown, their scene ends in death. It's kind of a sexist throwback to show female virgins being "punished" with death right before they give up their virginity (the Purity ring guy was apparently just sitting there, but they didn't show his murder).

Maybe it's supposed to be a horror trope playing on teen's anxieties about their first time, but if the show didn't already have a track record on characters being okay with LGBT people and teenage sex (e.g. they've shown guys kissing each other at Lydia's party; Lydia is sleeping around this season with no judgment), it'd be pretty offensive - like some conservative PSA about how girls shouldn't have sex, especially not with other girls (but titillating straight guys is okay).

On another note, I loved that the Carver twins tweeted that their characters were probably safe because they'd given up their virginity to one another in the first episode - since they basically fisted one another as the "Twinformers".

by Anonymousreply 20606/18/2013

R205, no, Boyd and Cora survived. Derek just took their blows until the sun rose and they transformed back, in a "Werewolf Jesus" moment (seriously, his character this season is really emphasizing the self-flagellation and guilt, sacrificing life for others, etc.)

by Anonymousreply 20706/18/2013

No, I got the Werewolf Jesus stuff (although given the previews that we've seen, he might even be more Werewolf Judas), but I missed them establishing that Boyd and Cora were okay. I honestly thought Derek's "Get them out of here" meant their bodies.

by Anonymousreply 20806/18/2013

But remember VOTN, the whole point of trapping them in the boiler room was to keep them there until the sun came up and they transformed back. Derek withstood their blows until the sun came up to save the teacher (who looks like she will become Derek's love interest).

by Anonymousreply 20906/22/2013

By the way, the people on here crying homophobia and screaming about the lesbian dying need to seriously chill and stop over-reacting!

by Anonymousreply 21006/22/2013

A preview clip from tonight's episode with Stiles, Scott, and Danny, high on the homo-erotic scale - oh my god, it's like the writers have been reading all the fangirl slash stories.

by Anonymousreply 21106/24/2013

Lol, you can't say Teen Wolf doesn't know what their fanbase appreciates. Love that is what they pick as the preview clip.

by Anonymousreply 21206/24/2013

I like that the clip subtly reinforces the portrayal of Stiles as bisexual - he didn't react to Danny being a guy; he just didn't know if the offer was legitimate or not. Add this to his other moments in the show (his wondering if gay guys find him attractive, protesting that he "could be" gay to his father, offering to make out with Scott, etc.) and it seems like the show is choosing to treat his bisexuality as kind of a background fact that the other characters take for granted and don't comment on.

by Anonymousreply 21306/24/2013

r213, I think it's great, but his hair(piece?) is too distracting this season. GIve me buzzed Stiles or give me buzzed Stiles!

by Anonymousreply 21406/24/2013

To The Lesbian Virgins, To Make Much of Time

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, old time is still a-flying; and this same flower (i.e. hairy vulva] that smiles to-day, tomorrow will be dying (i.e. hanging loose like wizard sleeve).

by Anonymousreply 21506/24/2013

Stiles was so excited by Danny's invitation to come over and have unabated man love, and disappointed when the offer was withdrawn. Stiles is bi-horny.

by Anonymousreply 21606/24/2013

Tyler Posey would be so hot in a mariachi outfit. It's not clear why he doesn't wear one all the time.

by Anonymousreply 21706/24/2013

Is it just me, or is this season much more "amateurish" in the writing, direction, and editing.

It seems so ... slap-dash. Unfocused. Arbitrary.

by Anonymousreply 21806/24/2013

This season seems amateurish because faded glamour star of yesteryear Norma "Colton Haynes" Desmond isn't gracing the series with his brilliant acting

by Anonymousreply 21906/24/2013

It's making me think Colton was smart to get out when he did.

by Anonymousreply 22006/24/2013

I liked this episode better than the last one, but some individual parts still strike me as off.

Loved all the moments involving Stiles - his proposition from Danny, him wanting to save people because he doesn't want to see them "wither away" like his mom did, playing investigator with Dr. Deaton and Lydia. I also thought the moments with Scott, Isaac and Allison were great - working together as a team, while acknowledging their past histories (and Daniel Sharman's freak-out about being locked in was pretty upsetting). I'm sure the final scene with a wet Isaac in Scott's room will launch a thousand Scisaac fangirl squeals.

The alpha pack is just silly. What the hell was with that "I am the demon wolf" speech from Deucalion - it was SO BAD and cheesy. Just, going beyond camp to embarrassingly terrible. And the "Twinformer" transformation is still dumb.

I'm still not feeling the Derek / Ms. Blake romance. It's coming off really awkward - she's terrified one moment then throwing him coy smiles the next, likes she's got Stockholm Syndrome. Right now it's feeling a bit forced and not adding much.

I'm still not sure where they're going with the main storyline, though at least they acknowledge in the show how ridiculous everything is (with Stiles' observation that human sacrifices aren't too off in a world of werewolves and magically appearing appendages).

Anyway, the same holds true for me - the plot may get silly and nonsensical, but I can always count on hot shirtless guys and fun moments involving Stiles and some other characters I've come to appreciate.

by Anonymousreply 22106/25/2013

I felt very bad for the actor that played Deucalion during that speech. I think he did pretty well for a while but no one could rescue that cheesy ass speech. Really Jeff Davis? That is what you want your introduction to the big bad(maybe?) being.

Stiles was great this episode. Glad they had him go to Dr. Deaton. It is ridiculous these characters don't hound him about these things since he clearly has a lot of information he isn't telling them (which is such a tired trope).

I thought the scene with Derek/the teacher was terrible also. It was such an obvious forced chemistry, this is the love interest which pretty much never works.

[quote]I'm sure the final scene with a wet Isaac in Scott's room will launch a thousand Scisaac fangirl squeals.

Haha, you can't blame them. The way that seen was shot they wanted your mind to go there.

I know this show likes to fanbait with homoeroticism, but honestly they are much better at that than they are are writing their real relationships. It's kinda a problem. It's funny that in a episode that is supposed to make me care bout Isaac/Allison and Derek/Teacher left you thinking Scott and Isaac should fuck.

by Anonymousreply 22206/25/2013

I will say, I do like some of the mysteries popping up - why Lydia keeps showing up at crime scenes with no memories of how she got there, the constant flashes of light / lightning and unexplained visions (Allison's mom was interesting), events that seem to be skipped over, etc. Those moments are genuinely creepy and disorienting, and it's the sort of thing that could end up being really cool down the line...

It could also be disastrously cheesy, like Deucalion's speech. I mean, Teen Wolf is no stranger to villains chewing the scenery ("Mountain ASSSSSHHHH!!"), but things devolved into kid's anime at that point.

And I agree that Teen Wolf seems to do better with its unintentional character pairings (whether straight or gay) than its scripted romances - maybe because the characters are given more depth when they're not mooning over one another. Like, I used to hate Stiles' interactions with Lydia, but I think their current dynamic is a lot of fun, when it's no longer based on him creepily putting her on a pedestal.

by Anonymousreply 22306/25/2013

I could take or leave the Alphas, (well, with Ethan and Aiden, I'd rather take them), but I like the Darach arc, especially since it gives Stiles and Lydia a chance to work on an all-too-human evil (at least one that seems non-supernatural at present).

I don't think they're going to stop teasing the notion that Stiles is bisexual, and I'm fine with that.

And of course, Scott is Isaac's true love, so...

by Anonymousreply 22406/25/2013

Yeah, nothing is making sense this season, and it's over-the-top cheesy (going beyond fun "laugh with it" to just shaking your head and "laugh at it").

Stiles is the only reason to watch this season. I'm rather disappointed so far. So much arbitrary stupid nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 22506/25/2013

I wanna watch "The Stiles Show".

by Anonymousreply 22606/25/2013

This season is really terrible and this episode cemented it for me. Teen Wolf was never high art but it was never this sloppy, disjointed and boring before. The alpha pack storyline is an utter dud and the sooner they're all gone, the better. I like me some cheese but the supertwin alpha, the blind demon wolf and Kali's awful feet are all very cringe-inducing.

I really have no interest in the increased Isaac focus this season. Daniel Sharman seems like a nice guy but he's a bland screen presence. Thank God for Dylan O'Brien and Stiles. Were it not for him, I think I'd be ready to throw in the towel. He just brings it in a way that none of the other main cast can so amen to R226.

by Anonymousreply 22706/25/2013

Agree completely, R227.

by Anonymousreply 22806/25/2013

I think Stiles is probably best appreciated in measured doses, but I agree that Dylan elevates the show and brings a certain energy to his scenes (whether comic or dramatic), and the characters / actors he plays off of become better or more interesting as a result.

Like, I didn't realize until this episode that I usually find Derek pretty... boring, at least as a standalone character. He has an epic tragic backstory, but in most of his scenes he's got one expression and stubbornly makes bad decision after bad decision, then mires himself in self-flagellation and guilt afterward. I'm not particularly invested in his budding romance with Ms. Blake (or his dealings with the alphas) because she's still a non-entity, and he's kind of one-note. Yet his scenes with Stiles are some of my favorite, because Dylan's energy is a great foil for his stoic anger.

Similarly, now that Lydia is interacting with Stiles as a friend rather than unattainable lust object, she's been given more to do than scream and be victimized (though they could still do better work with her character) - I like her bitchy no-nonsense attitude as a counterpoint to his manic flailing.

Isaac has grown on me, and I appreciate Daniel Sharman more as an actor after this episode. He really sold Isaac's fear and desperation, and underlying anger. Although I lost count of the number of times his British accent slipped.

by Anonymousreply 22906/25/2013

Thinking about it, one of the reasons the Derek / Ms. Blake scenes seem really off is because it's always been hammered home that Derek is a massive bundle of trust issues. He said himself that he doesn't trust anyone and uses anger as an anchor, and the last time he fell for someone she murdered his entire family.

So immediately going to soft flirty smiles and banter about books with the pretty English teacher who's just learned that werewolves exist seems really out of character. If he'd started off by being wary / suspicious of her, aggressive and closed off, and she'd stood up to him and gradually earned his trust (by doing more than being a conveniently placed victim), that'd be a believable progression, but here he's been smiley and relatively open at the outset.

She'll probably (hopefully) have more to her character than being a love interest - some people have speculated she might even be a surprise villain / the "Darach" (or that Cora could be a surprise villain), and that's why the show is rushing to establish her as "good" and a weak non-threat. Or that Derek really is suspicious of her, and the flirting is a cynical act to learn more, the same way he flirted with the police station attendant. Which is fine - to do a bait-and-switch - but if introducing her means characters act in unexplained and confusing ways and the relationship seems forced, it's just sloppy writing.

by Anonymousreply 23006/26/2013

I agree with you R230. Also the fact that his sister who he thought was dead just reappeared and Derek was off flirting with Mrs. Teacher? Just seemed ridiculous and force.

I do agree with those saying that Stiles/Lydia were better now that they were just being friends.

by Anonymousreply 23106/26/2013

[quote]And of course, Scott is Isaac's true love, so...

I just think Isaac may be drawn to a more trustworthy and able leader (Scott) than the one he has now. (Derek)

by Anonymousreply 23206/27/2013

I just wish this season were better. I hope it picks up... in terms of writing, direction, editing, acting, and all that crap.

by Anonymousreply 23306/27/2013

Tonight's episode was a vast improvement.

by Anonymousreply 23407/02/2013

I thought the writing was better this episode, since they actually gave screen time to the characters and their interactions with one another, but the way the episode was structured and the constant use of hazy white flashbacks sapped a lot of the energy and suspense, so things seemed very quiet... and veered into boredom on occasion. Which is odd because technically there was a lot happening on screen.

I like that they're giving more time to Allison and Lydia and fleshing out their characters - Allison's mother is a fun actress, and I wish they'd given her more to do in past seasons. I still think the alpha pack plot isn't going anywhere - the alphas are all cartoon cutouts who have no real reason to be there - and they should probably focus more on the Darach subplot. It was good to see a bit more of Deaton and Morell, and Peter and Cora.

The previews show Derek making out with Ms. Blake next episode, and again... they haven't shown enough interaction between them to make that relationship of interest (same with Danny and Ethan, as cute as they are - we've seen them interact for less than a minute total, and apparently they're going straight to the buttsex without so much as a real conversation between them). I wish the Teen Wolf writers would realize that a good romance requires showing characters interacting before they decide to make out, just being themselves - like, I thought Scott and Allison were pretty boring before when they went straight to being a couple, but their interactions this episode were actually pretty sweet (and a little hot).

by Anonymousreply 23507/02/2013

Isaac made a point of saying to Scott that he loved Mexican. Scott still seems clueless about it. Scott needs Stiles to explain it to him.

by Anonymousreply 23607/02/2013

I was surprised that there were so many Twitter trends for Teen Wolf this evening. It looks like the show is getter bigger. Also, I didn't realize that Derek had such a following. Lot of people distraught by his apparent demise, but relieved to see him still moving.

by Anonymousreply 23707/02/2013

Scott had red-eyes just for a moment during the fight. I guess they are going for the "he really is an alpha but doesn't want to claim the power" angle. That would explain why he can calm Isaac and Boyd when he really tries, I guess.

Also, I think Peter is going to back-stab them all as soon as he gets the chance.

by Anonymousreply 23807/02/2013

I'm going to say this right here, right now: Dylan O'Brien is the Millennial Generation's Orson Welles.

by Anonymousreply 23907/02/2013

R237, the show definitely rose in the ratings with its third season premiere and is one of the most "social" shows (in terms of Twitter and Tumblr mentions, etc.) in general, in part because of its teen-heavy audience demographics and in part because of its specific fandom. I think the audience growth from last season can almost entirely be attributed to fandom growth during hiatus, driven in large part by "Sterek" (certainly not all new viewers are Sterek fans, but they were probably made aware of the show through all the social media mentions and crossing over from related fandoms like Supernatural).

I like that Peter brought up his suspicions of Cora and where she's been for the past 6 years, since it was a big plot hole from the previous two episodes. I also liked the moment when Deaton did his Jedi mind-trick to "de-alpha" Kali.

But my favorite moment was the absolutely bat-shit insane expression that Stiles / Dylan O'Brien wore when he wanted his fellow bus passenger to throw up.

by Anonymousreply 24007/02/2013

Okay, the 22 year-old Orson Welles.

by Anonymousreply 24107/02/2013

This generation's Timothy Hutton or Anthony Perkins.

by Anonymousreply 24207/02/2013

How did Scott know to go to that abandoned warehouse with the escalators? How did Alison know?

by Anonymousreply 24307/02/2013

The MTV promo department are idiots. In the middle of the episode they ran a commercial that said, "Stay tuned for the After Show where we talk with Ennis on the death of an alpha" and they showed the actor talking to the hosts. Uh, spoiler alert. Thanks for letting me know he dies at the end.

And then MTV stupidly puts out the hashtag #anAlphaDies. So many people who have not seen the episode yet but are on Twitter are going to be so mad that spoilers got posted when they see that hashtag.

by Anonymousreply 24407/02/2013

@maxcarver: #ANALPHADIES

by Anonymousreply 24507/02/2013

I think the episodes where the show breaks its formula are generally the most successful, and this was an example of that.

Man, Scott and Isaac just need to make out already. They're living together, Isaac is riding bitch on the back of Scott's "motorcycle," and they keep touching each other. And my first reaction when Scott saw Isaac wailing on the Wonder Twin was "You're sleeping on the couch tonight."

At least Danny will get to make sweet, sweet love next week.

by Anonymousreply 24607/02/2013

This show was confusing as hell. The editors need to be fired. How did Scott go from the mall to the bus in the next second?

by Anonymousreply 24707/02/2013

It's called a "flashback."

by Anonymousreply 24807/02/2013

I thought last night was a really great episode. The twins are not good looking, but have Neanderthal faces. But, great bodies. Next week shows a gay interlude with one of the twins!

by Anonymousreply 24907/02/2013

I actually screamed at next week's episode when Issac gets thrown into a box GAWD!

by Anonymousreply 25007/02/2013

[quote]Scott had red-eyes just for a moment during the fight. I guess they are going for the "he really is an alpha but doesn't want to claim the power" angle. That would explain why he can calm Isaac and Boyd when he really tries, I guess.

Scott is a powerful Alpha, only he doesn't know it, or wants to be it. He was wounded by a powerful Alpha, that's why his wounds didnt want to heal.

by Anonymousreply 25107/02/2013

[quote]I thought the scene with Derek/the teacher was terrible also. It was such an obvious forced chemistry, this is the love interest which pretty much never works.

They want Derek to have a love interest, female fans have been demanding it.

by Anonymousreply 25207/02/2013

This episode was a lot better. The preview showed Danny/Twin but considering what happened with Lydia/Twin I wouldn't really expect much build up. They are just banging, because y'know, sex.

Still, it was nice to the teen characters playing off each other. They work well.

Dear god they are hammering home this Derek/Teacher love story hard as fuck, look, he half dead crawls to her car.

Yeah it it seems Issac being in love with Scott is giving him alpha powers. That's my interpretation.

by Anonymousreply 25307/02/2013

I'm guessing that they want to make Scott a leader of his own pack, that's why he's trying to protect all his friends...and the blind alpha wants Derek to kill his own pack, but he won't be able to do it, because of Scott now turning to a strong alpha.

by Anonymousreply 25407/02/2013

There's nothing I like more in this show than a good Danny/Stiles interaction. C'mon! Then again...Scott/Isaac is really ramping up the homosocial-verging-on-homoerotic ante.

[quote]The twins are not good looking, but have Neanderthal faces.

I think they are quite hot in the face.

by Anonymousreply 25507/02/2013

This twins look more like Matt Damon.

by Anonymousreply 25607/02/2013

[quote]Scott had red-eyes just for a moment during the fight. I guess they are going for the "he really is an alpha but doesn't want to claim the power" angle. That would explain why he can calm Isaac and Boyd when he really tries, I guess.

I thought they established last season that Scott is actually an alpha of his own... not a beta, not an omega, but an Alpha. Scott is, of course, kind of in denial about it.

by Anonymousreply 25707/02/2013

[quote]I'm going to say this right here, right now: Dylan O'Brien is the Millennial Generation's Orson Welles.

Well, I was going to say that last night, Dylan veered dangerously close to Jim Carrey territory... he has a fine line to walk, and he's never stumbled or wavered before like this. It's the first time I've actually been even remotely critical of his acting choices.

I do think he's fucking brilliant still, I just hope he's able to keep walking the line and not let ego turn him into Jim Carrey.

by Anonymousreply 25807/02/2013

R247 doesn't strike me as very bright.

by Anonymousreply 25907/02/2013

When the Twins aren't pretending to be pre-wolfs, and just acting like normal high school kids, they're actually kind of attractive.

But for the most part, they're butter-faces.

I could almost believe that Danny & Lydia find them attractive in a few scenes in this episode... for the first time the Twins seemed like people, not just caricatures or cyphers.

by Anonymousreply 26007/02/2013

[quote]I could almost believe that Danny & Lydia find them attractive in a few scenes in this episode... for the first time the Twins seemed like people, not just caricatures or cyphers.

Isn't this the first time they've spoken? That might have helped.

by Anonymousreply 26107/02/2013

Well, no... we've seen them speaking "in the background" before. But this is the first time we've really seen the twins just acting like people, rather than trying to stare down Scott or one of the other wolf-people.

They look a lot better when they relax and smile.

by Anonymousreply 26207/02/2013

Well, at least Danny is going to get to see Ethan's "O" face.

by Anonymousreply 26307/02/2013

I agree.

by Anonymousreply 26407/02/2013

The Stiles/Danny texting scene on the bus was fucking HILARIOUS!

by Anonymousreply 26507/02/2013

It was pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 26607/02/2013

r257 Derek referred to Scott being an alpha last season.

by Anonymousreply 26707/03/2013

Funny you should mention Jim Carrey. Dylan O'Brien has been mentioned here as the gay Jim Carrey. As if Jim Carrey wasn't already the gay Jim Carrey.

by Anonymousreply 26807/03/2013

The gay Jim Carrey? I haven't seen any contingent on the DL seriously argue that Dylan O'Brien is gay.

by Anonymousreply 26907/03/2013

I don't think Dylan O'Brien is gay. I fantasize that he is, and wish he were. And I understand the difference.

by Anonymousreply 27007/03/2013

They should have made Isaac the gay one, not Danny. He just has a more could-be-gay vibe and it would give his character more dimension. The actor playing Danny does that boring "straight actor playing a straight-acting gay guy" thing.

But Danny's character came first and they can only have one token gay, despite all the winky jokes they do about it.

by Anonymousreply 27107/04/2013

More Sterek silliness ...

by Anonymousreply 27207/06/2013

r269, Hey I never said anything about a contingent of people. For all I know, his boyfriend maybe posted it. Who am I to argue with him?

r271, Isaac did have that intense dancing scene with Jackson that he enjoyed. At the link for the viewing pleasure of everyone.

by Anonymousreply 27307/06/2013

Yeah after the Jackson dance and the Scott crush I don't think anyone would have questioned Isaac liking guys. The twop women were talking a plotline where Isaac has an unrequited crush on Scott and I do think that would have worked and been funny for the show pretty damn well, much more logical than most of the fan desired gay plotlines.

by Anonymousreply 27407/06/2013

Okay, tonight's episode has to be the best so far...everyone agree?

by Anonymousreply 27507/08/2013

Like, HEL-LO? Issac is supposed to be the first gay werewolf.

by Anonymousreply 27607/08/2013

Danny has nice nipples!

by Anonymousreply 27707/08/2013

I didn't think Ethan was cute, until I saw the gay make-out scene.

by Anonymousreply 27807/08/2013

Wow that episode was actually pretty good. I didn't feel like I was just putting up with it for the cute boys.

by Anonymousreply 27907/09/2013

I liked this episode as well - a very classic horror movie feel, like a homage to slasher / ghost flicks. And some really strong writing - the scene between Scott and Stiles, in particular, was really well done - that's probably the best acting Tyler Posey has ever done on the show.

I was a bit "meh" on the Derek / Ms. Blake scenes, but it was nice to see Tyler Hoechlin shirtless again. And the close-ups of Ethan mouthing at Danny's nipples were very much appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 28007/09/2013

Actually agree R278. Whatever twin that was (Charlie Carver?) did a good job in that scene, and in this episode as a whole. Finally making the twins seem like real people. (Also actually showing him sucking on Danny's nipple, pretty impressive same-sex PDA)

Really good episode all around. Appreciated the whole horror movie vibe and the direction and cinematography was nicely done. They are definitely feeling more and more confident about experimenting with what they can do with this show. Also thought it was nice they finally gave Boyd something to do and the actor did a good job.

It doesn't even need to be said but Dylan killed it always, great in the climax scene.

Not that excited by the return of Gerard to be honest.

As always I just kinda rolled my eyes at Derek/Teacher. The relationship seems so forced and at laughed at her sexing healing his wounds.

by Anonymousreply 28107/09/2013

Christofixins of Brotherhood meltdown in three, two, one...

by Anonymousreply 28307/09/2013

That was a good episode a marked improvement over the last one.

by Anonymousreply 28407/09/2013

overall a pretty damn good episode. damn, talk about some sexual healing, but i agree that was pretty ridiculous. all i could thing during their makeout/sex scene idk what it was, was that it was completely stupid that they decided this was a good idea what with derek having gaping wounds and all, i side eyed that part, not for the actual fact that they were making out, but for the fact that they were doing it right then. all that aside, jennifer's scenes actually made me like her a bit more. my poor bb issac, i just wanted to cuddle him and make everything ok :( i was pleasantly surprised during the ethan/danny makeout scene. i thought maybe they'd gloss over it, but they did a pretty good job of making it a good makeout scene. then that last scene, tyler and dylan really knocked it out of the park. i agree with whoever said it was tyler's best work on the show to date and of course it doesn't even need to be said, but dylan was just phenomenal.

by Anonymousreply 28507/09/2013

I think the reason why the Ethan/Danny makeout scene was so nice was, apart from the fact that they didn't shy away from it, it humanized Ethan even more than he was the previous week. I'm a little scared that Danny's comment about not wanting his scars healed (and unknowingly refusing a bite from Ethan) because they made him feel like a survivor was some kind of foreshadowing, but for now, I'm just going to watch the well-muscled gay boys make-out with their shirts off.

Up until Ethan's freakout, it was just nice that there was no angst, just two guys happy to get the chance to be intimate together.

And it hardly needs to be said, but Dylan O'Brien knocked that climax out of the park.

by Anonymousreply 28607/09/2013

Good episode overall and the Danny-Ethan scene was pretty sexy.

Thought the climax really showed the weakness of Tyler Posey's acting and the strength of Dylan's. He gave emotional depth to what otherwise would have been a laughable scene.

by Anonymousreply 28707/09/2013

My only issue with the Danny/Ethan make-out scene was that it really looked like two boys trying to act out a gay make-out scene. The body language was all wrong in most of it. I can't really describe it other than to say, rather than 'embracing' it was like 'holding at arms length, controlling, making sure it didn't go too far'. I've seen straight actors kiss and gay men kiss, and it's really obvious most of the time which is which.

by Anonymousreply 28807/09/2013

I thought Tyler gave his best performance at the end of the show, Dylan was brilliant as usual.

by Anonymousreply 28907/09/2013

[quote]My only issue with the Danny/Ethan make-out scene was that it really looked like two boys trying to act out a gay make-out scene.

Sorry, that should read "two STRAIGHT boys trying to act out a gay make-out scene."

by Anonymousreply 29007/09/2013

They made sort of a big deal that this was the first episode to have a "viewer discretion advised" warning beforehand, and while I guess cumulatively it was darker and more disturbing than previous episodes, violence-wise nothing really stood out to merit a warning. Really the only aspect that seemed for "mature audiences" were the make out scenes, but both seemed pretty tame for a 10 PM cable show. It'd be hypocritical if they felt the warning was necessary for the gay make-out scene, since they didn't need a warning for the episode with the two lesbians.

Although you can really tell this is a show with a homoerotic / female gaze point of view, because they almost never sexualize female bodies. Ms. Blake was pretty much covered up in her scene, and while we've seen Allison in her bra before, they really don't make a point of long lingering camera shots over the women in the cast - it's all about the shirtless guys and their toned abs. Kind of a nice flip from how things usually go on TV.

by Anonymousreply 29107/09/2013

I didn't feel the actors were holding back in the Danny-Ethan scene. I think that was more the directing. After all, Ethan was distracted the whole scene with all that suicidal nightmare foolishness.

So do we think Charlie Carver is the gay one? That was my take.

by Anonymousreply 29207/09/2013

[quote] The body language was all wrong in most of it. I can't really describe it other than to say, rather than 'embracing' it was like 'holding at arms length, controlling, making sure it didn't go too far'.

I understand what you are saying but I also think that was the directing. Outside of premium cable you don't really see two guys really going at it too heavy. I'm sure they were told to keep it fairly toned down and not really grind on each other. I thought the Carver twin seemed more at ease than the guy playing Danny though, which makes sense if he is actually gay.

I was also wondering that R291. Teen Wolf has had plenty of violent episodes. I think a large part of the warning was the male/male affection. If you notice on "Glee" whenver there is same-sex affection they get a higher parental guidance rating.

[quote]I thought Tyler gave his best performance at the end of the show

I agree. Probably the best job he has done so far, I always worry when he gets these big emotional scenes but he acquitted himself well here. Definitely a good job for him.

by Anonymousreply 29307/09/2013

Yeah, it was more about the "obvious closed mouth kissing" and the way Danny was holding Ethan's arms, almost like he was afraid to have Ethan come any closer.

It's an over-all body-language thing though, more than any one specific thing I can point to.

But I've seen enough drunk guys fake a gay kiss ("no homo") to recognize that kind of "not into this at all" body language. To the point I actually found it distracting. Which is a shame, because I've seen straight actors pull it off before. It's really not THAT difficult. It's like they're all "tensed up".

by Anonymousreply 29407/09/2013

Here's the scene...

by Anonymousreply 29507/09/2013

I love after all the teasing about how a major character will die. It is someone who the show always treated as a token character who was never really developed. Not that I'm surprised, but really.

So Scott's a super special alpha? Of course...

It is amazing how every Danny/Stiles scene manages to be gold. Even when he was texting him on the bus or when Danny was out cold drugged.

I thought they were trying to humanize the twins but I don't see them as reedemable after this. I still hate how they gave no explanation why Lydia is fucking one of them. She knows they are pretty evil werewolves terrorizing her friends.

by Anonymousreply 29607/16/2013

The episode was okay, but it's weird how the tone shifts so dramatically between episodes - last week it was a horror movie, this week it was a mystery caper (complete with cheesy caper music).

Every scene with Stiles was great - him getting annoyed with Lydia, his pissy interactions with a drugged-out Danny, his concern for his dad. I liked the Lydia / Cora / Stiles trio and how sassy and bitchy they were with one another. Stiles putting his hand on Derek's shoulder to comfort him is sure to reignite the Sterek fandom (which has been a bit in shambles since Mrs. Blake was introduced and sexed Derek up).

I was sad to see Boyd go, but they never really did much with his character (aside from his memories in the last episode) - also, I couldn't understand anything in his mumbled last speech. I liked that they give a bit of a better sendoff to Erica, though, since they gave no screen time to her death.

This whole "true alpha" thing sounds a bit too close to a "chosen one" plotline, which is overdone to death, but hopefully there'll be some sort of twist on it.

by Anonymousreply 29707/16/2013

By the way, some weird plot holes / nonsensical points (in a show that's always full of them):

- I thought Derek lived on a high floor - how the hell did they fill his floor with water without everything leaking to the floors below?

- Um, instead of creating a pool of electrical death and ruining the hardwood floors, why not use tasers, stun guns, wires, or anything else that can give a sustained electrical charge, and not endanger everyone who contacts the water?

- why the hell would seeing the bank symbol on one of Deaton's bottles lead the Sheriff to conclude that Deaton was being held in a bank vault by the unknown serial killer? That made no sense. And I thought the Sheriff would finally realize there are werewolves / supernatural forces at play, but I guess not.

This show can be fun, but plot consistency / sense is not one of its strong points.

by Anonymousreply 29807/16/2013

I thought the episode was solid, if not outstanding.

High points were Melissa Ponzio and Dylan, as per usual.

I also thought the fight choreography was especially good.

by Anonymousreply 29907/16/2013

I think the problem I'm having is that this season, the show is trying to be too complex and shove too much stuff in. And it's not working. It's not really gelling or coming together.

I mean, how many 'big bads' do we have going at once here? Pappa Argent is back, we have the Alpha Pack which is a collection of bad guys with one 'uber' bad guy over top, and we have this mysterious Druid thing going on on the side. I mean... wtf?

And the relationships all seem completely unnatural and forced... the twins with Danny/Lydia, and of course Derrick and whats-her-name (who leaves almost no impression, and in fact, I have a hard time telling her from two of the other women on the show).

by Anonymousreply 30007/16/2013

Yes, the fight scene on the water was so good! I also loved the moth scene, it reminded me of The Birds. I also had said previously that Scott was a true Alpha, but nobody believed what I said. Which makes him more powerful than Derek or any other Alpha.

But, why wasn't Dylan O'Brian on the after show? That was a letdown.

by Anonymousreply 30107/16/2013

Yeah, they're skipping over a lot of scenes with no explanation, though that's not new - the show has always been "fast paced" (and underdeveloped). Like, how did the pack react to finding out Derek was actually alive? No one blinks an eye at him this episode, or reacts to Ms. Blake being at the scene - and how did the alphas know to target Ms. Blake in the first place?

Some people have theorized that the disorienting "feel" of the season is intentional, since there's a still a plot point about alphas "stealing memories" (e.g. Deucalion putting his hand on Scott's neck, and Scott going limp, when they first met) and the first few episodes had weird cuts, like people had missed or skipped over time - but that seems like an excuse for sloppy writing at this point.

I will say, there are some things I like better this season - in particular, I'm glad they've given Allison and Lydia more to do, and Stiles and Lydia have become a great pair now that they're sleuths instead of creepy crushes. Ms. Blake is a bit of a throwaway character at this point, so I'm expecting her to either be killed or a villain (it was weird how she slipped about Harris being "missing" when the official story is he's sick, though she could have learned that from Derek).

The next episode is the flashback episode showing the younger Derek (and also a young Peter?) - it's a bit confusing because Derek and Peter are supposed to be farther apart in age, and Derek's shown kissing a young girl (who doesn't look like Kate Argent, who supposedly seduced him when she was in her early 20's and he was a teenager). The show can be sloppy with timelines dates (like Stiles' age - how is he not 17 yet? - or when exactly the Hale fire happened), so here's hoping the next one isn't a clusterfuck continuity-wise.

by Anonymousreply 30207/16/2013

I could not watch the interview show afterwards. It was way too gushy fangirl to stomach. Dylan never seems to do any of these shows. Is he too busy with other projects or just not into it?

by Anonymousreply 30307/16/2013

R303, Dylan's filming "The Maze Runner" (I think filming just completed a few days ago), so that's probably why he wasn't there.

by Anonymousreply 30407/16/2013

R303, Dylan has done several of the after-shows in the last two seasons. It was Colton who NEVER seemed to do one. And now he's gone of course.

by Anonymousreply 30507/16/2013

Extended promo clip for the next episode - apparently the girl young Derek is kissing in the promo isn't Kate Argent but someone else (who was killed?), and they'll explain why his and Peter's werewolf eyes are blue instead of yellow.

A while ago the Teen Wolf tumblr was posting set pictures of Boyd and Allison being buddy-buddy, which didn't happen in the episodes we've seen, so there's some speculation that he'll be revived (or that multiple characters will be revived) since there've been some allusions to reviving the dead (e.g. in the new episode intro), and well, they already revived Peter.

by Anonymousreply 30607/16/2013

Lots of photos and spoilers are starting to come from Comic Con (where the cast is doing a Teen Wolf panel) - spoiler-heavy trailer at the link for the last four episodes of this part of the season.

I will say, as poorly plotted as this season's been so far, they do know how to keep you on your toes.

by Anonymousreply 30707/18/2013

So... not as thrilled by tonight's episode.

Again, Dylan/Stiles killed it. Love every scene he is.

Tyler Posey actually pulled off his confrontation with the Sr. Argent rather well. He's clearly been taking lessons.

But mostly, I thought it was kind of cheesy. I like that they left open the fact that the history, as presented, might not be true. Because it certainly didn't ring true to me.

by Anonymousreply 30807/22/2013

Yeah, R308, this one was kind of disappointing as a flashback episode - too much exposition, not enough plot and revelations. I thought the actor for young Derek was believable, but wasn't particularly invested in the love story (we didn't need the over-dramatic Ave Maria cello music at every slo-mo scene)..

I did think it was interesting how they showed Peter creeping around and lying to Derek even at that age, and it left you guessing what his real involvement was. Actually, my guess by this point? He was jealous and in love with the same girl, and he did something to the body, and the Darach sacrifices are somehow connected to a plot of his, and to her (since she was killed next to the Druid site?) There's already heavy speculation that Ms. Blake is that girl revived (which is why Derek fast-forwarded to romance with her), and is also the Darach. But who knows at this point...

I did think it was interesting that they deliberately fucked with the timeline and Derek's and Peter's ages, and established that Derek is actually older than he appears. So he may be in his late 20's / early 30's even, but appears to be in his early 20's? This show is so horrible with continuity and timelines (when the fire happened, when Kate Argent seduced Derek, etc.)

by Anonymousreply 30907/23/2013

Or actually, maybe Peter didn't have a crush on the girl, but saw her and Derek's situation as an "opportunity" to manipulate Ennis and Derek and play things to his advantage? (he talked about doing a favor for Ennis, of Ennis getting in Talia's good graces, etc.)

I'm still looking forward to the last four episodes of this half of the season - apparently the next episode is where we discover what Lydia truly is.

By the way, probably the most adorable thing to come out of Comic Con were all the joint interviews that Dylan O'Brien and Tyler Hoechlin did together, where they acted unbelievably cute. People joke about "Sterek" being over, but the Teen Wolf PR team knows pairing them up gets the fangirls (and fanboys) squealing, and they make a great pair.

by Anonymousreply 31007/23/2013

Funny, Deaton doesn't LOOK Druish...

by Anonymousreply 31107/23/2013

well I'm certainly over the whole Sterek thing. It's mostly delusional fangirls carrying on about it anyway. As far as "shipping" goes, I was always much more interested in Derek holding down the pretty and twinky Jackson by his neck in the locker room, but that's me.

overall, I prefer the canonically gay Danny getting it on with his werewolf bf. Where are the fangirls/boys clamoring for more of that?

Speaking of pretty and twinky though, I was glad to see young Peter Hale back (even though the timeline is fucked, as someone else pointed out). Wish there were a way for him to stick around and stir up more shit, but alas.

by Anonymousreply 31207/23/2013

Danny/Carver twin seems to be fairly popular among the Teen Wolf fandom. Especially considering Danny has always been a minor character in the show he has always received a lot fan love. Which makes me happy since Charlie Carver is actually gay glad to see him get a little bit of arc to play.

by Anonymousreply 31307/23/2013

The Danny/Ethan thing is kind of creepy to me. Ethan got with Danny as a strategy - a way to get in Scott's life and position himself to either turn or kill Danny. It's fucked up and Danny seems to be the only one who has no clue at all what's going on. I wonder if he will ever be let in on the big secrets.

by Anonymousreply 31407/23/2013

The impression I get is that the twins got with Danny & Lydia as part of Deucalion's plan, Ethan said that they knew that one of them would be important to Scott. However, Ethan is falling in love with Danny, which is most likely going to interfere with Deucalion's plot. I haven't seen anything to indicate that there's anything between Aidan & Lydia other than sex.

by Anonymousreply 31507/23/2013

I consign what R312 posted.

by Anonymousreply 31607/23/2013

Well, it's no secret that both twins survive this half of the season (they appeared at Comic Con with the main cast), so whatever happens to Deucalion and Kali, they'll still be around.

Even though I like Danny as a character, especially when he shows his snarkier side, it's hard to get invested in a relationship when they've shown less than 5 minutes total of interaction, and neither character has much in the way of dialogue. Danny and Ethan's scene in "Motel California" was sweet (and hot), but not enough to build a crazy fandom around them. And Ethan lost serious sympathy / redemption points for me by helping to kill Boyd in cold blood.

Below is an extended preview for the next episode, which shows the Sheriff getting hurt (and possibly finding out about the supernatural). Why does anyone hang around the high school at night anymore? Seriously, bad shit happens there practically every week.

by Anonymousreply 31707/23/2013

[quote]since Charlie Carver is actually gay ...

How do we know this? I haven't found anything anywhere else online saying he's gay, only that he hasn't announced anything either way. Is there a link?

by Anonymousreply 31807/24/2013

Baby Derek had gay voice for days. Young Peter is hot. Old Peter is hot too.

by Anonymousreply 31907/24/2013

I don't think Charlie Carver has publicly addressed his sexuality period, he has done a limited amount of interviews in his career and it has never come up.

I did a quick google search and could find gay blogs talking about Charlie Carver years ago when he was on Desperate Housewives.

by Anonymousreply 32007/24/2013

I'm curious to find out what happen with Scott turning into a Super Alpha. According to producers, Scott doesn't realize that he will be the strongest Alpha, and will be able to heal people with one touch.

by Anonymousreply 32107/24/2013

Major spoiler, so don't look!!

by Anonymousreply 32207/24/2013

Charlie Carver is not gay, what have you been smoking?

by Anonymousreply 32307/24/2013

[quote]Charlie Carver is not gay

And how do you know? He may be gay, he may be straight, or something in between. Unless you've got something to back it up, shut your hole. And if you do have something, spill it.

by Anonymousreply 32407/24/2013

Umm Charlie Carver is absolutely gay R323. Not even trying to be contrarian, he seriously is. He isn't at all closeted in his day to day life, not sure why you would think he isn't.

I'm sure that is just some misleading promo thing R322, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

by Anonymousreply 32507/24/2013

What do the blue eyes mean?

Didn't Colton's wolf have blue eyes too at the end of last season?

Red = Alpha

Yellow = Beta

by Anonymousreply 32607/24/2013

R322, that's obviously someone's Photoshopped GIF (from the season 2 episode in the rave club, where Stiles confronts Jackson), so yeah, not a spoiler. And Dylan / Jeff were pretty clear at Comic Con that Stiles will always be a human, even if everyone else is involved with the supernatural.

R326, they just explained it in depth in the last episode. Default werewolf eyes are yellow, red eyes are for alphas, and blue eyes (according to Peter) are for werewolves who've killed innocents and therefore lost a part of their soul. Peter killed Laura, Derek killed Paige (in mercy), and Jackson killed a whole bunch of people as the kanima.

by Anonymousreply 32707/24/2013

What they said was blue eyes indicate the werewolf has killed an innocent.

by Anonymousreply 32807/24/2013

So clearly they don't STAY blue then...

by Anonymousreply 32907/24/2013

Well, I guess becoming an alpha and having red eyes "overrides" having blue eyes, in the case of Derek (and probably the alpha pack as well). That's the only case we've seen on the show of someone losing their blue eyes.

by Anonymousreply 33007/24/2013

Yes, your eyes turn blue in a natural way..but, after killing an innocent victim. Paige told Derek to kill her, because she couldn't stand the pain. They only turn bright Blue, after the killing, then stay a natural blue. Derek will always be marked as a wolf who did his first kill from a innocent victim, because of his blue eyes.

by Anonymousreply 33107/24/2013

Tyler Hoechlin to become Batman!

by Anonymousreply 33207/24/2013

But... don't ALL werewolves kill innocents??

What determines 'innocent'?

by Anonymousreply 33307/24/2013

I enjoy Hoechlin just fine on Teen Wolf but that would be a terrible casting decision. He is the same type of actor as Cavill. Not especially great or with a big range but can do okay and has an amazing sexy look. You can't put Hoechlin and Cavill together and expect them to carry a movie.

You need a more dynamic actor to help carry the load and also help Cavill bring his A-game.

Not to mention in a Batman/Superman movie you need a Batman that emphasizes his intellect because Superman is their to be the brawny one. Projecting a lot of intelligence is not Hoechlin's strong point.

by Anonymousreply 33407/24/2013

I havent been watching but I was the show any good without Colty? Is he missed?

by Anonymousreply 33507/24/2013

[quote]I enjoy Hoechlin just fine on Teen Wolf but that would be a terrible casting decision. He is the same type of actor as Cavill. Not especially great or with a big range but can do okay and has an amazing sexy look. You can't put Hoechlin and Cavill together and expect them to carry a movie.

I think the audience would mostly be there for the eye candy. In fact, I'm sure that's why MoS got repeat business.

[quote]Not to mention in a Batman/Superman movie you need a Batman that emphasizes his intellect because Superman is their to be the brawny one. Projecting a lot of intelligence is not Hoechlin's strong point

I'm curious as to what they're going for in terms of age. I mean if they cast TH, he's younger than HC and HC looks even older than his age. If they got Bale back or someone around that age, they look about the same age.

Batman's age in the new film would obviously determine the direction of the script.

by Anonymousreply 33607/24/2013

[quote]But... don't ALL werewolves kill innocents??

Paige was a virgin, and a very young girl. Derek killed as a young boy.

by Anonymousreply 33707/24/2013

R335, they've written him out pretty seamlessly, barely referencing the events of the previous season at all. But I happen to miss Colton and Jackson, if only because I was interested in seeing where his asshole-ish character would go. Would he become less cunty? Would he be an active part of Derek's pack? Would he be the pack bitch? (In my mind, absolutely.)

Oh and also for the cute interactions between him and the rest of the cast, especially Hoechlin and Posey, who seemed bent on making Colton as uncomfortable as possible (touching, going in for kisses, etc.). But I guess he and Hoechlin are still buddies? Conversely, him sticking around could have also meant more pushing of the Colton/Holland relationship for the fangirls, which was nauseating enough.

by Anonymousreply 33807/24/2013

I miss Colton very much, especially when he was playing the Kanima. He was both fun and scarey to watch when he turned.

by Anonymousreply 33907/24/2013

[quote]I havent been watching but I was the show any good without Colty? Is he missed?

I miss him a lot, and don't think this season is even remotely as good as last season. Several episodes have been downright bad, and only a few have been kinda cool or interesting. The plot is just a mess.

by Anonymousreply 34007/24/2013

I do think overall this season hasn't been as engaging. That seems to be a common sentiment. Not that I think that has anything to do with Colton leaving the show as much as I enjoyed having his cute ass around.

by Anonymousreply 34107/24/2013

I don't care. This show sucks. Hetero actors showing up and off their bodies is the only thing worth mentioning about it. If wanted cheap entertainment, I'd just watch porn instead.

by Anonymousreply 34207/24/2013

Anyone else noticed a major change this season?

Count the number of locker-room scenes this season, as compared to last.

Yeah. Virtually nil.

by Anonymousreply 34307/24/2013

Here's a link to a thread from several years ago on Charlie's IMDB page. In it somebody claims that they saw him in Oakland holding hands with another guy. Take it with the appropriate measure of salt.

by Anonymousreply 34407/24/2013

Thanks for the link, r344.

by Anonymousreply 34507/24/2013

[quote]Count the number of locker-room scenes this season, as compared to last.

Blame the show not wanting to devote time and labor to covering all of Tyler Posey's tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 34607/24/2013

Speaking of tattoos, they made a super-big deal about him getting a tattoo in the show, but we've seen or heard nothing of it since.

This show is so inconsistent.

by Anonymousreply 34707/24/2013

Beyond him getting the tattoo, what do you want them to talk about? "Oh, like your tattoo." "Oh, you still have that tattoo?" "Hey, let's see that tattoo."

I wouldn't call that inconsistent - just, the tattoo isn't important enough to talk about again.

And let's face it, it was only brought up so they don't have to try and conceal it in future shots, not so it would ever be the topic of conversation.

by Anonymousreply 34807/24/2013

I realize the season hasn't been as good, but it's still enjoyable I think. And I give the creators (actors, writers) some leeway sine this is their first full season and telling a story over twenty something episodes rather than 12 is different - there are bound to be some growing pains.

by Anonymousreply 34907/24/2013

I hope they pull it together for the second half of the "season"... only three more eps for this half, right?

by Anonymousreply 35007/24/2013

I want more Stiles, dammit!

His interactions with his father are almost always gold. Great chemistry there, whether it's comedy or pathos.

by Anonymousreply 35107/24/2013

R349, this season has two distinct 12-episode arcs (the next 12 episodes will involve werefoxes / Japanese kitsune and have more Asian mythology, and there'll be a new Asian female character), so the current Alpha pack / Darach storyline won't extend into "3B", which will begin airing in January. So no excuses for the show stretching out the story over 24 episodes.

I think there have been definite problems this season, but at the same time there have been very strong individual episodes. And frankly that's how I felt about the first two seasons - most episodes were filler or forgettable, but occasionally they'd knock it out of the park (the kanima-police station episode last season was amazing).

Also, I think in general the show tries really hard to give "twists and turns", but at the expense of a coherent watchable story. I think the "surprises" in the last few episodes will feel really cool, but it's not great that we had to sit through a whole bunch of confusing episodes to get there. And maybe they can do away with the "Who is the ___" mystery plots (who is the alpha, who is the kanima, who is the kanima's master, who is the darach, etc.)

And FYI, apparently the "true meaning" of Scott's tattoo will be given in the last episode of the season, so they haven't forgotten about it - but again, another example of waiting to give a cool twist, but ending up with a hanging plot device for the entire season.

by Anonymousreply 35207/24/2013

I thought Colton was the best actor on the show, followed by Stiles.

by Anonymousreply 35307/24/2013

Hey Colton at r353! Puhleeze, he is a solid actor who was definitely better than the Tylers sure, but he doen't come close to Dylan O'Brien.

by Anonymousreply 35407/24/2013

Dylan was and is clearly the standout. From slapstick to snarky sarcasm to tearful vulnerability - he does it all. Sometimes his slapstick goes overboard, but in general he has a great sense of timing and can pull from a wide variety of emotions.

Crystal Reed actually does a nice job, sort of understated. Never had any complaints about her.

Holland hasn't had much to do besides her Tracy Flick impression, but she carries the horror elements pretty well and has been more fun this season.

Colton certainly tried, and gave a couple of good performances, but his acting isn't particularly natural or relaxed - he was always clearly "acting" / over-acting ("I have a RESTRAINING ORDER!")

Tyler H has shown somewhat limited range (though props to him for being perpetually stone-faced when his natural personality is much more sunny). Don't know if that's him or his stoic one-note character.

Tyler Posey was definitely the worst - he was given the most to do, but sometimes his scenes were cringe-inducing. He's gotten better this season, though - he's actually carried some emotional scenes in serviceable fashion.

by Anonymousreply 35507/24/2013

I'm laughing at the idea of Colton being a better actor than Dylan. There's a reason Dylan's getting cast in high profile movies and as a lead while Colton hasn't even made a film yet.

by Anonymousreply 35607/24/2013

I wonder how long Dylan is going to stick with the show, then? i do agree that he's the most believable/charismatic of the actors, even most of the adults. I'd like to see him in other things, which is more than I can say for the Tylers (as pretty as Hoechlin is), or even Holland Roden, who mostly seems to give everyone duck-faced, exasperated looks and scream a lot.

by Anonymousreply 35707/24/2013

I agree with you a lot. I don't often remember to give her praise but Crystal Reed is a underrated member of the cast, she rarely has a bad note as Allison.

And Tyler Posey has gotten a lot better. Though I always feel weird for giving him praise because should he really be rewarded for finally being able to do his job...which is to be an actor. But still, he seems like a nice guy and he has obviously worked hard at learning how to act and it has paid off.

by Anonymousreply 35807/25/2013

Sorry, meant to refer to R355 in my post.

by Anonymousreply 35907/25/2013

Okay, tonight's episode was better than last week...thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 36007/29/2013

Given the show started only 10 minutes AFTER your post, R360, I'm not sure how you know that?

by Anonymousreply 36107/29/2013

Tyler Posey is engaged.

by Anonymousreply 36207/29/2013

Tonight's show emphasized just how badly edited this show can be. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 36307/29/2013

Dylan O'Brien has really become a breakout star. He has already been cast in a major sci-fi motion picture, "The Maze Runner," and since there are three installations, he's really going to make a name for himself. I can see him becoming HUGE!

Although, gd he has gotten super skinny. He was already really thin after season 2 of Teen Wolf, but damn, he's a rail now.

I don't see him sticking with Teen Wolf after this season. He's becoming a full-fledged star.

by Anonymousreply 36407/29/2013

cool interview with stiles and derek at comic-con. dylan actually seemed a bit "high" at times.

by Anonymousreply 36507/29/2013

Dylan on the Comic-Con interview panel for "The Maze Runner." He's bona fide, I tell you.

I can watch interview after interview with him, because he's so handsome and engaging. I'd take Dylan over Robert Pattinson, Taylor Lautner, etc., etc., any day.

by Anonymousreply 36607/29/2013

I hope so, r364. I think he's really talented and the best thing about the show.

by Anonymousreply 36707/29/2013

Okay, I actually screamed like a little girl toward the end.

by Anonymousreply 36807/30/2013

I would imagine Dylan is under contract and can't just leave the show whenever he feels like it.

by Anonymousreply 36907/30/2013

Intense episode.

The big revelation wasn't that huge for me since there's been heavy speculation about who the darach was since the beginning, and complaints / comments about how quickly and "forced" Derek's and Jennifer's relationship was - it seems like they rushed to establish her as a "good guy" early (and too quickly), so it'd be a big twist when she was revealed.

There are still three more episodes to go, though, and it'll be interesting to see where they take things.

I actually think everyone did a nice job in this episode, and I'm glad they had more scenes with Danny and Ethan, and addressed Ethan and Aiden killing Boyd. The scenes with Stiles and his dad were great, especially Stiles' line about his mom believing him.

I hope nothing bad happens to the Sheriff (and I don't expect anything will) - his rapport with Stiles is really the best relationship on the show. They're kind of like Veronica Mars 2.0 (sassy detective teen and loving father).

by Anonymousreply 37007/30/2013

The explanation about Lydia is very interesting. I did not expect that.

by Anonymousreply 37107/30/2013

That shocked me too, r371!

by Anonymousreply 37207/30/2013

Derek has the hairiest beard on a guy, what a BEAST!

by Anonymousreply 37307/30/2013

I think the twins are the most attractive on the show, especially the gay boy.

by Anonymousreply 37407/30/2013

[quote]I hope nothing bad happens to the Sheriff

Most likely he'll recover. He did get hurt in the upper right quadrant of his torso, so his vital organs should be OK. If they can stop the bleeding and treat any lung punctures he may have, he has a good chance of making it. FWIW, Stiles is now being forced to confront his worst fear. If things work out alright, few things strengthen a person quite like being confronted with one's darkest fears.

by Anonymousreply 37507/30/2013

I had no idea that Lydia is a BANSHEE, that freaked me out.

by Anonymousreply 37607/30/2013

I'm just glad that there was some reason behind all of her screaming.

by Anonymousreply 37707/30/2013

I'm really disappointed in this season. Mostly, the direction sucks and the editing is even worse (as noted above). A perfect example: Scott and Allison are sneaking after her dad, and he appears behind them and starts shooting, apparently shooting them in the backs. Only, no, they somehow end up behind him...

Jesus, that was poorly done.

Especially as he continued shooting at nothing, unable to hit the target...

And the recital with the spooky druid/demonic music? Seriously? Again, that could have been really tension filled and creepy, but... it wasn't.

It's like they got a new direction/editing team from previous seasons.

by Anonymousreply 37807/30/2013

For a show that is supposed to be mindless fun, I'm amazed at how hard I find it to follow. I have no idea why things are happening half the time.

I also wish they would let a little more comedy and romance and downtime back into the show -- the characters seem to be perpetually in crisis mode now, running from one battle to the next. You need normal life to happen to make you care about what's going on.

by Anonymousreply 37907/30/2013

r379, I'm afraid the showrunner is setting too serious a tone for my taste. This season reveals the room may be taking the show more seriously than we previously thought.

by Anonymousreply 38007/30/2013

[quote]For a show that is supposed to be mindless fun, I'm amazed at how hard I find it to follow. I have no idea why things are happening half the time.

Exactly. Writing/Direction/Editing is really poor this year.

by Anonymousreply 38107/30/2013

Is anyone else thinking that Stiles will end up becoming the emissary for Scott's pack?

by Anonymousreply 38207/30/2013

Eh, I don't mind the darker tone of this season - they could only stick with the initial premise of "I'm a teenager dealing with school and girls and social status, but I'm also a werewolf!" for so long. But I do agree that the show could slow down a bit and use more moments of light-hearted humor or character interaction.

And the show has never been great with editing - last year's season finale was a big mess, with dropped plots, missing scenes and continuity errors everywhere. Probably has to do with trying to cram too many plot lines into one episode and season arc. Although at this point I'm assuming at least some of the weird edits and jump cuts are intentional and have to do with alphas stealing memories, since last night there was a moment where Scott questioned how the Alpha twins knew something (I forgot what), and it probably has to do with Deucalion laying his hand on Scott's neck and possibly stealing his memories when they first met. Though again with how things are structured - the plot device about stealing memories was way back in the first episode, and most viewers have probably forgotten that was even a thing.

by Anonymousreply 38307/30/2013

I miss the locker-room scenes.

by Anonymousreply 38407/30/2013

I agree about this season being hard to follow. I have to read recaps in order to understand what's going on. The storyline is overly complicated and changing constantly. This week the teacher is the bad guy but in the previews for next week she's trying to help?

They are moving too quickly from plot point to plot point without clearly establishing what everything means. It's also getting a little absurd with characters like the guidance counselor who know stuff but will only talk in riddles.

Kind of like Lost in the later seasons when every question would just be answered with another question. At some point you get lost.

by Anonymousreply 38507/30/2013

Who's watching "Whodunit" on ABC? If so, please start a thread.

by Anonymousreply 38607/30/2013

I think it's pretty exciting and scarey that Lydia is a banshee. I would assume after her attack at the end of the first season caused that. Her screaming was crazy!

by Anonymousreply 38707/30/2013

I'm wondering what Lydia's being revealed as a banshee means? How will this impact the story?

by Anonymousreply 38807/30/2013

I think it's cool that Lydia is a banshee. I mean, a "Banshee"! That reveal took me off guard, I didn't see that coming at all. I think the Teen Wolf intro credits reveal that, when they show her screaming. That was very clever!

by Anonymousreply 38907/30/2013

What about Adien telling Ethan to break off his relationship with Danny,it's none of Adien business who Ethan dates/hook-up with.

by Anonymousreply 39007/30/2013

[quote]Mostly, the direction sucks and the editing is even worse (as noted above). A perfect example: Scott and Allison are sneaking after her dad, and he appears behind them and starts shooting, apparently shooting them in the backs. Only, no, they somehow end up behind him...

It was [italic]Isaac[/italic] and Allison. They were sneaking after the killer who they thought MIGHT be her dad, but wasn't. The reason they ended up behind him is that he yelled "get down" before he started shooting and they got down. He ran past them while shooting. It's no wonder he missed; you can't aim for shit while running, and firing with both hands at once is nowhere near as easy as it looks.

by Anonymousreply 39107/31/2013

Right, Isaac and Allison.

And yes, yes, I know all that about what they were doing. My point was how the editing was so horrible, it looked like he was shooting them in the backs. It was VERY poorly edited, and very difficult to get any real sense of where people were and what space they were moving through. It was poorly done, and cheesy/clichéd as well.

Which was my whole point.

by Anonymousreply 39207/31/2013

I will say I loved the scene with Ethan arranging Danny's tie. That was beyond cute. We need more of them as a couple. I like that Ethan would have to choose between the two worlds. He has more dimension than any of the Alphas in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 39307/31/2013

I think that Ethan's love for Danny will be what redeems him and ultimately saves him when the shit goes down in the finale. If, as has been reported, only two new characters will survive, I think it will be him and Cora.

by Anonymousreply 39407/31/2013

I hope so, R394... but would they really just keep ONE of the twins, and kick the other actor to the curb?

by Anonymousreply 39507/31/2013

Well if one twin dies, it would save them the cost of creating what Stiles called "Voltron Wolf". And there's nothing saying that they can't just keep one.

by Anonymousreply 39607/31/2013

Someone has to die.

by Anonymousreply 39707/31/2013

I hope they don't kill Ethan because i like Ethan and Danny together plus that "tie" scene was very cute.

by Anonymousreply 39807/31/2013

The Carver twins have been cast in an HBO show so I don't know that they'll be sticking around Teen Wolf past this season.

by Anonymousreply 39907/31/2013

Well that's legitimately disappointing. I guess. Given I hate the "Alpha Pack" storyline almost as much as the Durach (seriously? They picked a name I cannot possibly hope to spell, which also sounds like a haughty pronunciation of Derrick's name?) story line.

Not loving this season.

Still loving Stiles.

by Anonymousreply 40007/31/2013

[quote]The Carver twins have been cast in an HBO show so I don't know that they'll be sticking around Teen Wolf past this season.

Well, that sucks!

by Anonymousreply 40107/31/2013

It's true the Carver twins have been cast in HBO pilot "The Leftovers" based on a book by Tom Perrotta.

by Anonymousreply 40207/31/2013

Even though they were cast on the HBO show, the Carver twins still appeared at the San Diego Comic Con panel with the rest of the cast (which was after the HBO casting announcement was made), and Jeff Davis said both would survive this half of the season, so they might do both shows at once, or just appear as recurring characters and not take up too much screen time.

Speaking of cast members for the second half of the season, they've cast the Asian female "Kira" that Jeff mentioned at Comic Con - the character's supposed to be of half-Japanese / half-Korean descent, and the second part of the season will go into more Asian mythologies and the Japanese "kitsune" (were-fox) myth.

by Anonymousreply 40307/31/2013

Yes, she's supposed to be a fox creature from what I read.

by Anonymousreply 40408/01/2013

R378 they're shooting in LA now so yes, they do have a different direction/editing team

by Anonymousreply 40508/03/2013

Does anybody know how long it takes for the new episodes to show up on Hulu Plus?

by Anonymousreply 40608/03/2013

Russell Mulcahy still directs many of the episodes. He couldn't direct a coherent movie in his 80s heyday either.

by Anonymousreply 40708/04/2013

Is this show still on?

by Anonymousreply 40808/04/2013

Yes. Is yours?

by Anonymousreply 40908/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 41008/06/2013

Someone better answer for r408, don't keep him waiting.

by Anonymousreply 41108/06/2013

Did anybody watch last night? I thought it was kind of meh. And no Danny yet again.

by Anonymousreply 41208/06/2013

I was kind of 'meh' too. Which is a shame. Last year this was appointment-TV for me. This year... I find myself doing chores during some parts of the episodes.

by Anonymousreply 41308/06/2013

I thought we were gonna see lots of Danny this season! We're not? What a surprise! Yet another barely there gay character. The lesbians have so many shows right now.. The Fosters, Pretty Little Liars, Boardwalk Empire, Greys Anatomy, Glee, Orange is the new Black etc. We don't have many gay characters on tv at all. I can count the gay characters all on one hand. And the ones we do have are either a) sexless gays b) stereotypical gays or c) barely there gays.

by Anonymousreply 41408/06/2013

Danny has always been a tertiary character on the show, relatively we have gotten a good amount of storytime with him.

And there are a fair number of prominent gay characters on TV. You are being a little dramatic.

by Anonymousreply 41508/06/2013

Yeah, last night's episode was only "okay" for me - it was similar to last season's 10th episode (in the police station) in that the villain gave this long monologue for why she was being evil, etc., but just like last season, it didn't make for a compelling rationale for murdering a whole bunch of people.

There are just too many random plot points running around in this made-up "mythology" - darachs, emissaries, mistletoe, stealing memories, lunar eclipses, banshees, that tree, etc. but none of it seems to add up to much.

I did like the small moments with Isaac, and Stiles was great as always, and even though the show is often silly I'm still attached to characters like the Sheriff and Melissa McCall and hope nothing bad happens to them.

by Anonymousreply 41608/06/2013

I would give anything for next season (or second half of this season?) to start off very light, without death and destruction, and just explore some more day-to-day lives of the characters... sorta like seasons 1 and 2.

I would like to see more about Mom dealing with a werewolf son, Stile's dad coming to grips/terms with the supernatural crap his son has told him about, more High School scenes (and LOCKER ROOM SCENES, DAMMIT!!), mentions of Jackson, more info about the Vet and his past... get to know everyone better. Maybe explore Lydia coming to terms with being a banshee and figuring out what that means.

Something a little less high-stakes and a little more relatable.

by Anonymousreply 41708/06/2013

I agree R417. Sadly I don't see that changing because that has always been a problem with Jeff Davis' plan for this show. He has very ambitious plans for the plot which involve cramming way too much so the show rarely has time to "breath". I do agree that slowing the pace and actually getting moments with these characters just living their lives and reacting to what is going on with them would be nice. But that clearly isn't Jeff's vision of the show.

Like a scene with Scott and his mom where he talks about Isaac's background and why they should let him live with them. On most shows that is totally a scene that would happen...but this is Teen Wolf. The show doesn't even have time for a scene explaining wtf happened to Derek's sister since she was an 11 year old escaping from the fire.

by Anonymousreply 41808/06/2013

The showrunner seems to pride himself on having Teen Wolf be fast-paced. Fast-paced does not mean action-packed and constant piling on of new story arcs. For me, the action sequences are when I find myself waiting for the time to pass. Give us stupid/sexy high school werewolves.

Silver Linings Playbook is fast-paced and doesn't fall back on action sequences.

by Anonymousreply 41908/06/2013

And I really dislike how much they use slow-mo. It's ridiculous.

The writing is incredibly weak. There are some good scenes and they're lucky that in their hunt for casting hot guys they accidentally found some good actors too, but all and all it's like the show's missing scenes and therefore the character interactions make no sense.

by Anonymousreply 42008/07/2013

Totally agree. The show is very rushed this year and lacks the nice character-developing scenes we saw last season. What I don't get is they have a lot more episodes, why not take their time, especially with all the new characters?

And why does there have to be werewolf fighting in every single episode? It's become so dull and predictable. They need to build the plot gradually to a climax and then give us a really big fight. It's not like straight male teens are watching this-- it's primarily women and gay men. Give us more gratuitous locker room scenes!

by Anonymousreply 42108/07/2013

Yeah, I get the feeling Jeff Davis thinks he's Joss Whedon or something in terms of storytelling. Hah! This shit doesn't make any sense.

He probably thinks the fighting looks good - the same reason he uses slow mo so much.

I wish Stiles would take his shirt off...

by Anonymousreply 42208/07/2013

Is it just me or was this another "meh" episode.

I mean, it seemed to be both just 'marking time' and having a lot of things happen. It was weird.

by Anonymousreply 42308/12/2013

I actually liked this one a lot, and thought it was one of the better episodes of the season - I think it's because they actually took the time to focus on the backstory and character moments for characters I actually care about (as opposed to the darach), without it feeling like a tangent or too much exposition.

The conversations between the parents, the surprise about Scott's dad, Isaac yelling at Derek, Stiles's freak-out, and more subtle moments like Scott quietly accepting Allison's and Isaac's relationship - they were all little moments, but they actually helped deepen the story and the character relationships.

And I'm actually interested to see where they go with the finale - apparently Deaton's reference to the tree becoming a "beacon" for other supernatural beings is supposed to allow the show to hit a "reset" button and go beyond teenage werewolves (to other creatures like the Japanese kitsune, etc.). Unfortunately it seems like a lot of plot and loose ends to tie up in just one episode, and last year's finale didn't do so great a job at that, so here's hoping the finale isn't a big ol' mess.

by Anonymousreply 42408/13/2013

I agree with you R424, I thought this was one of the better episodes of the season. They always tend to have something in common in that they focus on the core cast who we actually care about and they have very "human" moments of people comprehending what is happening and not just wall to wall supernatural action.

And yeah Deaton was basically saying "Beacon Hills is now a hellmouth, don't question why so much supernatural shit happens in this one town, it's like Buffy damnit!". Which is something this show should have established from the beginning.

The reveal about Scott's Dad impressed me, the conversation between him and Stiles and the way Stiles told Scott was actually done well and subtlety for a show whose only toolbox is usually a sledgehammer.

Derek giving up his alphahood for Cora who the viewer has no investment in is whatever, but I'll give them that because it was inevitable that Derek would have to become Scott's beta one day. He is our protagonist.

I sometimes thinks this show forgets Bianca Lawson is a very wooden actor and they think she can actually carry big scenes.

by Anonymousreply 42508/13/2013

They've obviously decided that since Dylan is the only one who can act, he now has to have an lump in the throat emotional moment in every episode, in addition to being the funny one.

by Anonymousreply 42608/14/2013

It's the right call. Smart writers know how to write for the cast they have. O'Brien can actually do the emotional heavy lifting better than any of the other young cast. They all want the show to be successful.

by Anonymousreply 42708/14/2013

So the finale ended up leaking early on iTunes last night (it was taken down by this morning, but not before several people purchased it legitimately) and I ended up watching it. Verdict: not great by any stretch - same problem of too many plotlines crammed into one episode, so that moments that should be meaningful and have an impact are only given a few seconds or skipped over entirely - but a slight improvement over last year.

Overall, I'd say this season (3A) was noticeably weaker and more disjointed than season 2, even though there were some great moments and individual episodes. I tried to excuse the sloppy and disjointed editing in the first few episodes to a plot device (related to stolen memories and lost time), but it turns out, no - it was just sloppy editing. I think Jeff Davis would benefit from an additional showrunner who has the time and attention to detail to exert more control over character arcs, plot cohesion, story flow, etc., so he has more time to focus on "big moments" and "twists and turns", etc.

Which isn't to say I don't still enjoy the show and won't be tuning in when season 3B starts up in January - it's just frustrating when a show you think could be so great falls short.

By the way, if you're a Dylan O'Brien fan and also have a foot fetish, the first few moments of the finale feature gratuitous shots of him dripping wet and barefoot.

by Anonymousreply 42808/16/2013

[quote]By the way, if you're a Dylan O'Brien fan and also have a foot fetish, the first few moments of the finale feature gratuitous shots of him dripping wet and barefoot.

Dripping wet is okay, but I'm preferring him moist.

by Anonymousreply 42908/16/2013

There's a day-long Teen Wolf marathon before the half-season Finale tomorrow night. Just saying....

by Anonymousreply 43008/18/2013

As part of its marathon today before airing the finale, they're showing some deleted scenes - the one below is a "Scisaac" one (with some bonus Dylan O'Brien / Tyler Posey cuddling beforehand). I kind of wish they'd laid off a bit on the slow-mo scenes this season and used the extra few seconds to have more character interactions like this...

by Anonymousreply 43108/19/2013

I agree completely, R431.

by Anonymousreply 43208/19/2013

I was underwhelmed.

by Anonymousreply 43308/19/2013

Some good moments, but over-all, less than the sum of its parts I think.

by Anonymousreply 43408/20/2013

Entertainment Weekly article where Davis talks about what's coming up in the first part of 3B, with Derek's return, Peter, Aiden and Lydia, etc.

by Anonymousreply 43508/20/2013

Yeah, I'm going to keep it all a mystery.

I do hope they go back to their roots a little... high school, locker-rooms, eye-candy in the story rather than forced twin eye-candy (seemed forced to me, rather than the natural eye-candy of the first two seasons).

by Anonymousreply 43608/22/2013

Has anyone watched The Last Days of Edgar Harding? I must say this clip of Daniel Sharman makes me want to check it out.

by Anonymousreply 43709/28/2013

With the second half of season 3 still to air (in the new year), MTV announces that Teen Wolf has been picked up for a 4th season.

Just FYI!

by Anonymousreply 43810/12/2013

Bumping this thread because the trailer for the second half of season three has been released - new episodes begin Monday, January 6:

by Anonymousreply 43912/16/2013

Why not just call this Season 4 instead of Season 3 Part 2? Each season has 12 episodes with a contained plot. It doesn't make sense that Season 3 has 24 episodes and 2 separate plots with a long hiatus in the middle.

by Anonymousreply 44012/16/2013

At least it appears Ethan and Aidan are going to be sticking around.

And a spectral reappearance by Aunt Kick-Ass is just an added bonus.

Just going off the clips in the trailer, we'll get to see Dylan O'Brien acting his ass off, which is always good.

by Anonymousreply 44112/16/2013

Because officially R440, it was given a 24 episode order for a third season. Jeff Davis made the wise creative decision to split the plot separately, but "officially" this is still their Season Three order.

Yeah the trailers for this season have been more Dylan O'Brien centric which is interesting to see. I'm guessing there are behind the scenes reasons for that, it is no secret he gets the most praise for his acting and had the most job offers outside of the show so far. Part of them trying to keep him on board and happy I imagine.

I hope this season is a return to form. Overall the third season was a step down from Season Two, hope Jeff Davis really thought about what works for them and doesn't work for them.

[quote]At least it appears Ethan and Aidan are going to be sticking around.

Eh, Ethan I am happy they kept around because it gives Danny something to do and is the only actual gay plotline in this show that trades more on gay-baiting. Aiden I'd wish I killed off, we don't need both Carver twins bloating the cast of characters. Not to mention it isn't like they are that talented.

by Anonymousreply 44212/16/2013

But aren't Ethan and Aidan murderers? They killed Boyd and chased that black girl to her death in the very beginning. But all of a sudden everything is forgotten and they're all friends with everyone?!?

by Anonymousreply 44312/16/2013

Hush R443, they were totally redeemed by love. Y'know, even Aiden and Lydia even though I just created that he cared about her in the finale and there was never any real justification for why Lydia was hooking up with him when she knew he was murderer and their enemy.

by Anonymousreply 44412/16/2013

The first half of season 3 straight out sucked, after two pretty decent seasons before it.

And the preview for the second half shows a whole lot of heterosexuality, and zero homoeroticism. Homoeroticism practically MADE this show. What gives?

by Anonymousreply 44512/16/2013

R440, I heard it has something to do with tax credits offered by Los Angeles (the production moved there from Atlanta, I think, after Season 2) - apparently they needed more than a 12-episode "season" to qualify, so they just called the two seasons one big one and moved up the second half to January.

Yeah, I thought Season 3A was a bit of a mess, and could do without Ethan and Aiden. Some fans have noted that the cute white male villains get a free pass and live despite all the horrible stuff they've done (Peter Hale, Ethan and Aiden, Deucalion - what was the point of letting him go again?), while female villains and minority characters (Jennifer Blake, Kali, Kate Argent, Erica, Boyd) are killed off and then forgotten. Like, the actors for Erica and Boyd left to do other shows, but compare what happened to their characters to Jackson's / Colton Haynes, who also left.

If it were part of some planned plot arc, it might be justifiable, but from behind the scenes interviews it seems Jeff Davis just makes these decisions about characters' fates at the last second, without telling anyone (which reflects why the plot is so haphazard and incoherent usually). Apparently they've tried to make some changes to the writing / production process so it's more consistent, but part of me is cringing at how Asian minority characters are going to be portrayed this season (we already have an old Japanese guy with an accent, and they've shown preview scenes of a WWII internment camp - I mean, really?).

by Anonymousreply 44612/16/2013

Anyone else an Isaac fan? The actor is super cute, and the character is like a lost puppy in need of guidance.

by Anonymousreply 44712/16/2013

I am r447

by Anonymousreply 44812/16/2013

I like Isaac but what happened to his ear? Did a werewolf take a bite?

by Anonymousreply 44912/16/2013

[quote]Anyone else an Isaac fan? The actor is super cute, and the character is like a lost puppy in need of guidance.

As long as it's Scott doing the guidance, and they're both doing it naked....

by Anonymousreply 45012/16/2013

They need to do more homoerotic scenes between Scott & Isaac, and Stiles & Derek. ESPECIALLY the latter two.

They need to make Isaac bi, and have a crush on Scott too... and after a lot of teasing and tension, have Isaac actually make a move, and Scott actually give it a thought, almost going for it, before deciding he's staying with Allison, with at least a tender moment or something, before being 'just friends'.

by Anonymousreply 45112/16/2013

Happy that I'm not alone in being a Scisaac fan, R450 and R451. We only have two gay characters. Another one wouldn't be such a stretch. I like R451 's suggestion. That would keep the Allison and Scott love intact while giving us a bi character and cute/hot moments. Oh, the delusion.

by Anonymousreply 45212/18/2013

[quote]Happy that I'm not alone in being a Scisaac fan, [R450] and [[R451]].

Are you kidding? There was a scene in one of the early episodes of S3A which required Isaac being locked in a small space like his father had done to him, and when he finally got out, the first words out his mouth were "Where's Scott, I want Scott."

And then they move in together? Come one.

by Anonymousreply 45312/18/2013

[quote]And then they move in together? Come one.

Come all?

by Anonymousreply 45412/18/2013

I'm sure both of them have come multiple times.

by Anonymousreply 45512/18/2013

Nod then Isaac obeyed Scott immediately when the other screamed his name! God, the homoeroticism in this show really makes it hard to not start fangurling over all the cute guys. They must really know their audience...

I'm getting Melissa would be fine with her son shagging their guest.

by Anonymousreply 45612/18/2013

Why resist R456? They are all cute...and their real life friendships are adorable as well. I'm partial to Daniel and Jr Bourne's friendship!!

by Anonymousreply 45712/25/2013

After watching the Season 3B trailer, am i the only one that thinks Stiles is going to be killed off or out of commission for most of the season?

by Anonymousreply 45812/25/2013

Hush, r458. I'm as good as done with the show if anything sidelines Stiles. Season 3A was a slog as it was.

by Anonymousreply 45912/25/2013

That would only ever happen r458 if Dylan O'brien is only contracted through season 3 and wanted out. They have already renewed through season four I believe so I am guessing he is contracted through a fourth at least.

by Anonymousreply 46012/25/2013

I know i'm just bracing myself for the inevitable. With his career flying, I wont be surprised. It wasn't after watching marathon episodes this month that I realized Dylan was in the movie Interns. One of the few bright spots in the movie (Google being the second).

by Anonymousreply 46112/25/2013

Dylan's also starring in yet another movie based on YA-book series. Apparently it's something like The Hunger Games.

His star is definitely rising, but we'll see how it goes. Yes, he's talented, but talent isn't all it takes in HW. I actually find it a little bit surprising how seemingly quickly he got all these movie roles and is even starring in one. Maybe he was just lucky, or lucky enough to suck a right dick at the right time.

by Anonymousreply 46212/26/2013

AfterElton does an a pretty in depth interview with Charlie Carver. If you thought they would show some journalistic balls and not completely let Charlie avoid mentioning he is gay, you would be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 46301/02/2014

[quote] If you thought they would show some journalistic balls and not completely let Charlie avoid mentioning he is gay, you would be wrong.

Most us know not to expect that from that crew at this point.

by Anonymousreply 46401/02/2014

The Backlot is notorious for coddling closet cases. They don't want to jeopardize their access to celebrities by asking real questions.

by Anonymousreply 46501/02/2014

The movie he's in is the upcoming "The Maze Runner", currently in post-production.

He plays the main character, "Thomas"

Here's a synopsis:

[quote]Set in a post-apocalyptic world, young Thomas is deposited in a community of boys after his memory is erased, soon learning they're all trapped in a maze that will require him to join forces with fellow "runners" for a shot at escape.

Sounds interesting.

by Anonymousreply 46601/02/2014

Is either of the Carver twins really gay? Just asking because I'm not really familiar with them except on the show itself.

by Anonymousreply 46701/02/2014

Max is straight, Charlie is gay. Just like their characters. I have that on very good authority, the latter is completely open about his sexuality in his day to day life.

by Anonymousreply 46801/02/2014

If he's out in his private life then it's ok, in my opinion. He's not a big star that needs to come out to the whole world, a,though if he was interviewed by a gay source like AfterElton it would have been nice to mention it.

by Anonymousreply 46901/02/2014

So bumping this as the premiere of 3B is tonight. So now you know.

by Anonymousreply 47001/06/2014

There's a new thread for tonight's premiere of the second half of season 3... So now you know:

by Anonymousreply 47101/06/2014

Best Of Homoerotic Teen Wolf Moments XXXL Supercut:

by Anonymousreply 47203/26/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!