Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Barbara Walter's daughter arrested!!

Why did Barbara adopt the child if she was just going to neglect her and drive her to drink?

by Anonymousreply 4405/23/2013

Those old cunts on The View love to talk about everyone else, so are they going to talk about Barbara's drunk daughter?

by Anonymousreply 105/21/2013

Tired of the adoption excuse. Tons of people have been adopted and never knew. In some cases, the fathers never knew they were raising someone else's child. I'd be pissed if an agency placed me with Babs. Pissed!

by Anonymousreply 205/21/2013

Why adopt her only to drive her to drink? Sounds like the Joan Crawford school of parenting to me. Maybe Babs' daughter will penn a tell all once her mommy is 6ft under.

by Anonymousreply 305/21/2013

The daughter just found out Barbara was going to retire soon and realized her mother would have a lot more time to visit her.

I'd drink too

by Anonymousreply 405/21/2013

Oh R4, you're precious. No sarcasm.

by Anonymousreply 505/21/2013

PS-Rumor is Babs came down with colon cancer.

by Anonymousreply 605/21/2013

OP needs to be arrested for apostrophe abuse.

by Anonymousreply 705/21/2013

I feel bad for Jackie. She seems like a good person. She runs a facility for at-risk teens. She was a wild child when she was young and gave Babs hell back in the day. Babs said in her memoir that Jackie can identify with the kids and Jackie wants to help them out.

by Anonymousreply 805/22/2013

Tough love dictates that she be severely punished so I have demanded that they give my daughter a room with The View.

by Anonymousreply 905/22/2013

She hasn't ran that at risk place 5 years

by Anonymousreply 1005/22/2013

What did you mean R10?

by Anonymousreply 1105/22/2013

At what point to you let go of the past and just move on with your life? Is it rational at 44 to still be asking that question "why did they give me up"? Is it rational to still be using that question to bludgeon yourself with? I get why it happens, but does it make sense?

Beyond your 30's or even late 20's to still be chewing on that cud is just self torture and setting yourself up for excusing your own fucked up behavior as you go.

by Anonymousreply 1205/22/2013

There is certainly a link between her being adopted and her addiction issues. Most likely she has a strong genetic component for addiction. The article quotes Jacqueline wondering why she was given up - again, most likely she was conceived by addicts unable to care for her.

It's not rocket science.

by Anonymousreply 1305/22/2013

Yeah some of it might because of adoption, but having Barbara Walters for a mom growing up would be no walk in park. Barbara is way more difficult of a person than people perceive her to be. Just ask Star Jones.

by Anonymousreply 1405/22/2013

I don't think anyone on this thread is remotely able to judge Barbara Walters relative to her daughter's problems with substance abuse. Stupid, and shows a real lack of knowledge on the problems related to substance abuse.

Oh if it were only so simple as being the parents fault.

by Anonymousreply 1505/22/2013

A friend of mine worked in NYC in the 1970s as nanny to Tom Brokaw's kids. She got to meet all of the big time TV news personalities, and their kids. She said that Jackie was a troubled child, but also that Barbara Walters was a cold and neglectful mother who cared more about her career than she cared for her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 1605/22/2013

[quote]I don't think anyone on this thread is remotely able to judge Barbara Walters relative to her daughter's problems with substance abuse.

Don't be so sure.

by Anonymousreply 1705/22/2013

r15, thats a fair statement. But even when Jackie has been sober on TV with Barbara, they always give off the vibe that they have still have a strained relationship. Not that any mother-daughter duo is perfect though.

by Anonymousreply 1805/22/2013

So, did they discuss it on The View yet? They love to gossip about everyone else, so shouldn't they gossip about Barbara's family?

by Anonymousreply 1905/22/2013

Barbara please!

Please Barbara!

by Anonymousreply 2005/22/2013

Barbara must have been old when she adopted her, since she's only 44. I'd have thought Barb's kids would be 60 at a minimum.

by Anonymousreply 2105/22/2013

Don't you mean cowon cancer R6?

by Anonymousreply 2205/22/2013

I want the Mommy Dearest book from this bitch when that old untalented cow croaks.

by Anonymousreply 2305/22/2013

I think Baba would be a Joan Crawford-type mother. Always expecting perfection from the child and rarely getting it. Then turning distant and chilly from being "disappointed".

The usual way for a neglected child to get attention seems to be to cause problems- because it's the only time anyone notices them.

by Anonymousreply 2405/22/2013

The daughter is in her mid 40s and still the media refers to her as ADOPTED. Seems like it should be Babs kids daughter. It is like Babs is embarrassed to claim the child as her own.

by Anonymousreply 2505/22/2013

Isn't the daughter a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 2605/22/2013

R19, I don't think she's been on the View since the arrest.

by Anonymousreply 2705/22/2013

[quote] The article quotes Jacqueline wondering why she was given up - again, most likely she was conceived by addicts unable to care for her. It's not rocket science.

In 1969, it's most likely she was conceived by teenagers or just a young, unmarried woman - not addicts.

A 5/21 blind item may shed some light on Babs' current relationship with her daughter:

Which talk show host, who is coming to the end of her career, didn’t recognize her own daughter when she came to visit her mother in her studio’s audience?

The show was producing a special-themed mothers and daughters show and executives thought it would be nice to surprise the host with her own daughter.

However, after years of a troubled relationship and spending a lot of time apart, she picked the wrong young lady in the crowd when she was told her daughter had come to surprise her. Luckily, the show was taped and the embarrassing incident was edited out – now it is just alive in the staff’s memory who witnesses the TV lady being unable to recognize her own baby! OUCH. Barbara Walters

by Anonymousreply 2805/22/2013

Bet you Baba will cut Jackie out of the will and leave everything to her pet shih-tzu.

by Anonymousreply 2905/22/2013

Maybe I did it for a little extra publicity.

by Anonymousreply 3005/22/2013

R12 you might not be able to relate to that situation. but that doesn't mean those thoughts are irrational.

by Anonymousreply 3105/22/2013

[quote] Maybe I did it for a little extra publicity.

Like sleeping with every black politician in NYC?

by Anonymousreply 3205/22/2013

R28, maybe the daughter's addiction issues caused a drastic change in appearance. Barbara mentions (quite frequently) that her daughter lives in Maine? (I think) and does not see her often.

Also, those with addictions tend to avoid family and friends so as not to bring attention to their obvious changes in physical appearance.

R14, Star Jones is no walk in the park.

by Anonymousreply 3305/22/2013

You adopted me because you were a career woman- and in those days that meant queer!

by Anonymousreply 3405/22/2013

Her daughter is gay.

by Anonymousreply 3505/22/2013

Did Barbara discuss it today?

by Anonymousreply 3605/22/2013

Well I didn't want to look dykey.

by Anonymousreply 3705/22/2013

[quote] The article quotes Jacqueline wondering why she was given up - again, most likely she was conceived by addicts unable to care for her.

I imagine the day went something like this:

WHY DID YOU ADOPT ME???

Maybe I did it for a little extra publicity. I don't ask much from you, girl! Why can't you give me... the RESPECT that I'm ENTILED TO???!! Why can't you treat me... like I would be treated by any STRANGER ON THE STREET??

Because I am NOT ONE OF YOUR FAAANNNNNNSSSSSS!!!!

by Anonymousreply 3805/22/2013

You never consent to the breathalizer.

A year without your license is nothing compared to several years of a DUI on your record.

by Anonymousreply 3905/22/2013

R35

I don't think her daughter is gay. Babs has mentioned her son in law sveral times. Jackie married in her mid 30s and they live in Maine.

by Anonymousreply 4005/22/2013

She was arrested with a man.

by Anonymousreply 4105/23/2013

Barbara's the gay one.

by Anonymousreply 4205/23/2013

R28

I think Babs has early to moderate dementia or Alzheimers. That would explain not recognizing Jackie.

Also, Babs made a HUGE memory faux pas when the Scandal cast was on and the rest of the ladies tried to gloss it over but Kerry Washington drew more attention to it not realizing what she did.

In fact Babs made several glaring mistakes during that show.

by Anonymousreply 4305/23/2013

[quote]Also, Babs made a HUGE memory faux pas when the Scandal cast was on

what did she say?

by Anonymousreply 4405/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.