Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

When are you "fetishizing" a group and when are you just preferring them?

I like all kinds of guys for different reasons but do like latino guys and asian guys best.

What exactly is "fetishizing" mean? That we are objectifying them based upon our own eye?

Why is Edward Said dead?

by Anonymousreply 805/22/2013

I'd guess if you're only going after a certain race or ethnicity based on stereotypes, that would be fetishizing. Like if you only want the "hung black top" or "submissive Asian bottom," that would be offensive.

by Anonymousreply 105/21/2013

[quote]I'd guess if you're only going after a certain race or ethnicity based on stereotypes, that would be fetishizing.

Even if it's your own race?

by Anonymousreply 205/21/2013

It's when you don't see a person, just the particular attribute you're obsessed with.

by Anonymousreply 305/21/2013

Fetishizing involves inserting some aspects of your sexual preference onto a trait, group or other characteristic. You can prefer a particular sets of traits, but as long as your sexual focus doesn't necessitate them, it isn't a fetish.

Becoming extremely aroused to muscles and needing your partner or yourself to have them in order to be sexually satisfied could be seen as fetishizing that type of build. Liking them, but not needing them to become erect or attracted to them would be indicative of a preference.

by Anonymousreply 405/21/2013

Good old Edward Said. Now, he was handsome.

by Anonymousreply 505/22/2013

Obligatory.

by Anonymousreply 605/22/2013

Ooops.

by Anonymousreply 705/22/2013

Why is Elias Koteas so awesome?

by Anonymousreply 805/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.