Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Top IRS official will invoke 5th Amendment

[quote]Lois Lerner, the head of the exempt organizations division of the IRS, won’t answer questions about what she knew about the improper screening — or why she didn’t disclose it to Congress, according to a letter from her defense lawyer, William W. Taylor III. Lerner was scheduled to appear before the House Oversight Committee on Wednesday.

So this shitfucks can ask for any information from us on any topic and audit us to death....yet she can take the fifth?

WTF

Makes you wonder how high this scandal goes

by Guess the Justice Dept will now tap my phone since I postereply 3105/22/2013

No, it doesn't make me wonder that at all. It DOES make me wonder just how big a dick Issa is, however. And the teensy minority of morons who are falling for his circus. Like you.

by Guess the Justice Dept will now tap my phone since I postereply 105/21/2013

[quote] No government official should be allowed to take the fifth.

Bullshit. Government officials are American citizens who also have the protection of the Constitution and the Fifth Amendment.

by Guess the Justice Dept will now tap my phone since I postereply 405/21/2013

[quote]If you have nothing to hide, there's nothing to fear. I pay my taxes, correctly and even throw in little extra, because I'm proud to be an American.

You're a man after my own heart. Could not agree more.

by Guess the Justice Dept will now tap my phone since I postereply 605/21/2013

Grant her immunity and let her talk!

by Guess the Justice Dept will now tap my phone since I postereply 705/21/2013

We already know where this non-scandal leads.

It's at the IRS office in Cincinnati.

You freeper shitstains will never learn, will you?

The 1998 mid-terms - check them out.

by Guess the Justice Dept will now tap my phone since I postereply 805/21/2013

It is ironic that she is taking the Fifth Amendment after totally abusing the First Amendment

by Guess the Justice Dept will now tap my phone since I postereply 905/22/2013

Why do they keep saying they only targeted conservative groups when it was already reported that liberal groups were targeted as well? Journalism is incredibly weak in the States.

by Guess the Justice Dept will now tap my phone since I postereply 1005/22/2013

R10, would you post a link that shows the relative number of each group targeted Thanks

by Guess the Justice Dept will now tap my phone since I postereply 1105/22/2013

This is fucking Boehner's fault. The DOJ had already announced a criminal investigation. Then Boehner demanded to hold hearings. Of course, people are invoking the 5th amendment. They know the Republicans are looking for people to blame, whether fairly or not. With the threat of prison already stated, any intelligent witness would invoke the 5th when facing that witch hunt.

by Guess the Justice Dept will now tap my phone since I postereply 1205/22/2013

OP, I am more worried about your idiotic grasp of government.

by Guess the Justice Dept will now tap my phone since I postereply 1605/22/2013

If you refuse to answer, we're going to....

Go ahead. People with the goods don't threaten. They do.

by Guess the Justice Dept will now tap my phone since I postereply 1805/22/2013

[quote] The Income Tax itself is unconstitutional

Better check the Constitution again.

by Guess the Justice Dept will now tap my phone since I postereply 2005/22/2013

R14 You're not real bright, are you? There is only ONE appointed IRS official (to keep it apolitical, unlike most other agencies) and that is the Commissioner.

by Guess the Justice Dept will now tap my phone since I postereply 2105/22/2013

Article I, Section 8, Clause 1 of the United States Constitution (the "Taxing and Spending Clause"), specifies Congress's power to impose "Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises,"

The Sixteenth Amendment:

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

Until such time that the 16th amendment is repealed, good luck with not paying your income taxes, R22.

by Guess the Justice Dept will now tap my phone since I postereply 2305/22/2013

[quote]Obama's stock response to everything situation, claiming he had no knowledge, is now pissing off Democrats and the MSM who've covered for him since 2008.

I love love love it that the right wing nuts like r17 are so pissed about Obama taking a page out of the repuke playbook and using it back at them. It was fine with them when Reagan, Dubya, Cheney, Powell did this same exact thing but when Obama does it they get soooooo pissed.

LOL!!!!!

by Guess the Justice Dept will now tap my phone since I postereply 2405/22/2013

That made me moist.

by Guess the Justice Dept will now tap my phone since I postereply 2505/22/2013

OP= freeper fundie cunt

by Guess the Justice Dept will now tap my phone since I postereply 2605/22/2013

Too funny.

I remember when Reagan claimed not to remember any of his meetings about Iran Contra. Nancy said he'd just had surgery and was on narcotics, backing his lies.

My mother always said what's sauce for the gander is sauce for the goose.

by Guess the Justice Dept will now tap my phone since I postereply 2705/22/2013

She is a Bush appointee. It's Obama's fault that he didn't replace all of the Bushies. Kick them all to the curb.

by Guess the Justice Dept will now tap my phone since I postereply 2805/22/2013

R28 Please read R21. She is NOT AN APPOINTEE OF ANYONE.

by Guess the Justice Dept will now tap my phone since I postereply 2905/22/2013

R28, the Repugs have been blocking any attempts by the Obama administration to even nominate various heads of departments. IRS included.

by Guess the Justice Dept will now tap my phone since I postereply 3005/22/2013

I don't care about this IRS bullshit. The more they rant and rave about it, the less I care and the more annoying they become.

But hey, just keep right on holding hearings about nonsense and not doing anything about the economy, jobs, immigration, rapists in the military and the environment. With a stellar leader like arsonist/car thief Darrell Issa - what could possibly go wrong?

by Guess the Justice Dept will now tap my phone since I postereply 3105/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.