Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Does it make you uncomfortable when a female flirts with you?

This checkout girl in the deli I go to flirts like crazy. She's not even subtle about it. She's always complimenting me on my muscles, and this and that. I know she wants to jump my bones. She's attractive, but obviously I'm not interested, and I wonder why she keeps it up when I never flirt back. The whole situation makes me feel very ill at ease, and I dread it whenever I have to go in there. Any other gay guys get uncomfortable when a female flirts?

by Anonymousreply 3405/21/2013

Ooooh, this should be good...

by Anonymousreply 105/21/2013

[quote]She's attractive, but obviously I'm not interested

by Anonymousreply 205/21/2013

She doesn't know you'e gay or if she does she think she can change you by fucking you.

by Anonymousreply 305/21/2013

If she's hot? Hell no. But when they are less than attractive, I kind of feel sad for them.

by Anonymousreply 405/21/2013

The "jump my bones" part left me nauseated. But that's your fault, troll, not hers.

by Anonymousreply 505/21/2013

If she was in a position to give me a discount on something, better service, etc. I would flirt shamelessly.

by Anonymousreply 605/21/2013

It depends upon if the chick is hot or not. If she is hot, I like it.

by Anonymousreply 705/21/2013

Some finds you attractive? How awful. You lead such a hard life.

by Anonymousreply 805/21/2013

many a straight woman loves to flirt with gay men because they find gay men to be nonthreatening. Consider that she may not be wanting to jump your bones...maybe she's just having a little fun with you.

by Anonymousreply 905/21/2013

Just use snaps when you answer. She'll get it.

by Anonymousreply 1005/21/2013

OP, Are you sure that she's really trying to jump your bones? Maybe she just flirts with everyone. Either way I'd tell her that I hope that she finds a very nice man that appreciates her best qualities.

by Anonymousreply 1105/21/2013

Many men, gay and straight, misinterpret my friendliness for sexual interest. I've found that gay men more readily understand that we both have better options.

by Anonymousreply 1205/21/2013

Ask her to coffee and when the time is right ask "Don't you just adore sucking cocks?" She should get the message.

by Anonymousreply 1305/21/2013

No. I'm a very flirty guy, I flirt and flirt back with everyone, including old straight people.

by Anonymousreply 1405/21/2013

I'm a straight woman and I have no idea what r9 is writing about.

Her "fun" is making him uncomfortable. She should knock it off.

Besides, it's a business. Flirting with cutomers no matter the genders involve shouldn't be allowed.

by Anonymousreply 1505/21/2013

Flirting with cutomers no matter the genders involve shouldn't be allowed.

OOPs- customers, involved

by Anonymousreply 1605/21/2013

And r15 just lit the fuse.

by Anonymousreply 1705/21/2013

No, I just laugh or flirt alittle back. but Don't encourage to take things further.

by Anonymousreply 1805/21/2013

Not at all. I love it. If it goes too far I let them know I'm gay. Otherwise, unless it's a pack of aggressive Hyenas, what's so awkward about it?

OP sounds uptight uber gay. Relax dude, she's not going to jump you. The old Asian lady at the deli next door does the same to me, which is probably a lot creepier, but I'm not gonna cry about it. Note: my bf hates her, she's mean to him, and I've seen her be a right bitch to every other customer, til I get to the front of the line. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 1905/21/2013

Like she doesn't know you're a flaming gay, OP. Everybody within a 5mile radius of you know is aware. She'd probably laugh at you and wonder who you're kidding if you asked her out.

by Anonymousreply 2005/21/2013

She's probably just bored and having a little fun with you. If she wanted to take it further and actually jump your bones, she would have given you her number by now, or asked if you had a girlfriend, etc. She's just complimenting you, and relieving her boredom. Just thank her, and be appreciative that you're someone that someone else thinks is attractive.

by Anonymousreply 2105/21/2013

OP, ever heard of a female just being nice and complementary? It does not mean she wants to bang you, maybe it's easier for her to be more friendly with gay men than straight men.

by Anonymousreply 2205/21/2013

haha YES. and y'all should see the ones i get. old ladies, i mean OLD redneck ladies (i live in rural arizona). all types of fat chicks and redneck chicks. attractive women as well. i just don't enjoy the experience.

by Anonymousreply 2305/21/2013

As if the girl at the deli counter doesn't know that you are a glow in the dark flaming queen. But is you still feel that this deli girl wants to get into your pants, just bring a bf around and she if she reacts.

My guess is, she won't.

by Anonymousreply 2405/21/2013

One of the last times I was in there, one of the guys who works in the deli was standing by her. She points to me and teases him, see, this is what a real man looks like, or something like that. I just smiled. The thing is, I'd have killed to ravage THAT guy. Just my type...tall, sinewy, swimmer's build with bdf. Guess that type of guy holds no appeal for her. It gets complicated.

by Anonymousreply 2505/21/2013

I'm not going to say what I think she might be doing. But it's not what OP is thinking.

by Anonymousreply 2605/21/2013

OP now knows how virtually every female on the planet, gay and straight, feels.

by Anonymousreply 2705/21/2013

[quote]Just use snaps when you answer. She'll get it.

Oh, I think she got it the first time OP sashayed up to the counter.

by Anonymousreply 3005/21/2013

r28, not in my experience or of any woman I know. Straight guys flirt to the point of making women uncomfortable whether they're genuinely attracted to them or not. They flirt whether circumstances allow them to act on it or not. The male age demographic just changes over time.

When you're in your late teens up through early 30s, men of all ages flirt with /hit on /bother you. As you move through your 30s and into your 40s, you lose the 20-40 year olds but become fair game for octogenarians.

I'm average looking and I don't dress like I'm looking for such attention, and I've been getting it for 25 years now on a regular basis.

Gay men do it too, just in a way that's friendly and not off-putting. That's probably what the cashier is reacting to.

by Anonymousreply 3105/21/2013

Agree with @ 9 I'm a straight female and flirt with gay men. Harmless fun. Neither of us actually expect it to go anywhere. Lighten up

by Anonymousreply 3205/21/2013

OP, initially I thought she was just flirtatious. I thought R15 had gotten it wrong. When I read your comment at R25, though, I think R15 is exactly right. The comparison and use of the words "real man" were a dead giveaway.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure there is anything you can do about it either. If you complained, it would just make things very awkward in the future.

by Anonymousreply 3305/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!