Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is Robert Downey Jurnior gay? Is he and Tom Hiddleston a couple?

Watch Downey [italic]caress[/italic] Hiddleston throughout the interview. Aren't they too affectionate to be in a simple bromance. Could it be possible that they are gay?

by Anonymousreply 60009/03/2013

Or Downey's fallen off the wagon.

by Anonymousreply 105/21/2013

He's certainly not straight.

by Anonymousreply 305/21/2013

I have to disagree with the OP and others here, I can't tell if TH is gay, he seems pretty gay here but he's a Brit - gaydar fails with Brits a lot of times. RDJ seems totally sober to me here and in control and TH looks up to him in this interview & they seem bro-close but not gay, jmho.

by Anonymousreply 405/21/2013

Are you drunk, OP? Or just close to be illiterate?

by Anonymousreply 505/21/2013

The RDJ-hating troll is so far off her meds she can't even spell out "Junior" anymore.

by Anonymousreply 605/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 705/21/2013

I liked the interview, RDJ - not gay.

by Anonymousreply 805/21/2013

I don't know if he is gay, but he was a fine piece of ass in prison.

by Anonymousreply 905/21/2013

Robert Downey, Jr. DOES have a history of being bisexual when he was younger!

by Anonymousreply 1005/21/2013

One of RDJ's dealers wrote a book and took a lie detector test. The dealer said that RDJ would proposition him when he was high but the dealer was straight. Downey said, "you might like it if you tried it." The dealer was cute and he was eventually arrested and went to prison. His own level of coke use was about the same as his steady client, Rick James.

by Anonymousreply 1105/21/2013

RDJ has been an admitted bisexual for years and having hung out w Tom in the past its not a far jump to say he's bi/gay as well. Tom is a wonderful guy either way.

by Anonymousreply 1205/21/2013

I rather enjoyed watching them together. I hope they are/were a couple.

by Anonymousreply 1305/21/2013

" Is he and Tom Hiddleston a couple"

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 1405/21/2013

How stupid do you think we are, R15?

by Anonymousreply 1605/21/2013

Goodness. All he was doing was resting his arm on the back of Tom's chair. I saw no massaging going on AT ALL!!! The man LOVES the pussy!

by Anonymousreply 1805/21/2013

He love da pussy!!

by Anonymousreply 1905/21/2013

Aright, so there was a thread that people think Hiddleston himself started? What was it about

by Anonymousreply 2008/12/2013

[quote]he seems pretty gay here but he's a Brit - gaydar fails with Brits a lot of times

I wonder why it is that we tend to think all British men are gay.

by Anonymousreply 2108/12/2013

I don't think he's ever come out as bi. The only time I recall him mentioning anything like that was an interview where he said he was once passed out from drugs/drink and woke up and another guy was blowing him.

by Anonymousreply 2308/12/2013

R20 It started last night and went something like "Wow. I just Googled myself (bad idea and yet I occasionally can't resist) and discovered this site. For the record, I'm not gay....". Looked like a wind up, but hilarious. Unfortunately it's been deleted.

by Anonymousreply 2408/12/2013

Hiddleston started a thread? He would! Where is this? What was this? Someone said in another thread that he is "situationally" bi, which I guess means bi when the situation calls for it.

by Anonymousreply 2508/12/2013

How can you watch "Weird Science" and not know that RDJ is bi-sexual?

by Anonymousreply 2608/12/2013

Is this the new Hiddleston thread? Shit the other one ended with such a great reply with (finally) some actual tea, I can't wait for the next 'episode'! This could be Hiddleston's new career.

by Anonymousreply 2708/12/2013

Please can this be the new Hiddleston thread? LOL

by Anonymousreply 2808/12/2013

re: the last bit of gossip on the last thread, from the friend of Tom's RADA "friends"

I can believe that Tom was awkward with women while at drama school - he looked kinda awkward in old photos - but that was quite a while ago.

The recent gossip about him says he hooks up fairly frequently with model-types. So I wonder why his recent GFs still tend to be quite plain looking.

Speaking of which, where are we this week on his GF situation? Is he or isn't he dating Jane Arthy?

by Anonymousreply 2908/12/2013

I'm going to post the last reply from that thread now and we are all going to concentrate the carefully quoted 'situationally bi' part.

by Anonymousreply 3008/12/2013

" Okay, me again. I talked to my friends who went to RADA.

Prefers girls, but rumors that he is "situationally bi" go back a long way. Who knows what the truth is? Tends to date plain, safe, clingy types, but longs for someone glamorous. The idea that he was voted sexiest actor by fans got a lot of laughs.

Academically smart, but not considered overly high on talent. Works very hard though and is respected for this, but also has a huge sense of entitlement. Is very resentful that he has not gotten a lot more recognition. "This has got to be a very hard year for him."

Throws around his privilege a lot, but seems highly unaware of what a turnoff this can be. Some of his unicef gaffes are typical of him: "Living below the line from the most poshest neighborhood in London. Right." Very sheltered life, limited perceptions. Superficial. Its all about the vip lounge in the end.

Everyone feels the same way about the tinkerbell gig. Wtf.

Sorry if this is not the best tea you've ever had. "

This was the last reply.

by Anonymousreply 3108/12/2013

situationally bi = spread his hole for Sir Ken.

by Anonymousreply 3208/12/2013

R30 You got there before me, please no more of the rumored gf crap. To answer you, yes I wouldn't be surprised if he'd experimented.

by Anonymousreply 3308/12/2013

I want a new Hiddleston thread. Happy to vote for this one.

by Anonymousreply 3408/12/2013

Okay, I have heard the modelizer rumors as well, but has anyone ACTUALLY SEEN HIM with an attractive woman on his arm?

Susannah was as close as he got, in my opinion, and he blew that one. Everyone else he has dated has looked like the inside of a purse.

by Anonymousreply 3508/12/2013

Another thread for straight fangurls to bitch about their celebrity crush. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 3608/12/2013

Susannah was pretty but we only ever saw her in red carpet mode. Who knows how she looks in real life. Gwen Christie is great but not exactly a supermodel.

I've heard rumours that's he's a modelizer and was fwb with a London model for a while but never any pictures. For such a perfect, amazing man he doesn't seem to be much good with relationships. Good at getting women into bed with his shallow sleazy charm but not much else.

by Anonymousreply 3708/12/2013

Situationally bi. As in, when he is with John Macmillan?

I was disappointed to see the possibly Tom started thread close. What was the problem?

For those of you who missed it, the OP said

1) He had to look up humble bragging.

2) He was straight, for the record.

I was game to play.

by Anonymousreply 3808/12/2013

"Perfect, amazing man."? You're pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 3908/12/2013

R35 Susannah didn't seem like all that. I remember talk that she was kind of a bitch to Tom. Sunshine & light when the cameras were on then instant Bitch-Face when the cameras were off. Pretty much ignoring him until the cameras were around.

by Anonymousreply 4008/12/2013

I think she was being facetious, r39.

by Anonymousreply 4108/12/2013

I definitely was, R41! I don't buy his gentleman shtick at all. Nice public school manners but that's it.

by Anonymousreply 4208/12/2013

Tom's a decent actor and no one in the industry has bad things to say about him.

So he's a humble bragger and needs validation, so does every other actor. Have any of you ever dated actors? They constantly need to be told how amazing they are.

Can't say I understand the hate.

by Anonymousreply 4308/12/2013

That's kinda what public school boys are like, aren't they?

Impeccably polite in public.

Bag full of crazy in private.

by Anonymousreply 4408/12/2013

The posh bashing in this thread is pretty fucking amusing. But as a life long North-Londoner, I'm amused at how much Belsize Park is mentioned in Hiddleston's threads.

It could be worse. He could be living in Chelsea.

And surprised at the lack of any interesting gossip here...

by Anonymousreply 4508/12/2013

OK this thread is way too funny. @R30 Jane Arthy must be running for cover by now and may never been seen or heard from again.

As for Tom, if his career implodes he could always star in his own Web series. Judging how fast his DL threads fill up, it would be a hit.

Just one question: are we certain that Tom isn't voicing Tinkerbell in the pirate movie?

by Anonymousreply 4608/12/2013

LOL R46 at "voicing Tinkerbell". He'd sound like a young girl after I was done fucking him.

by Anonymousreply 4708/12/2013

R29 I think he tends to date "plain" women (or less attractive women than he wants) so he feels like the more attractive person of the pair. This way, the gf/hookup tends to be more "in awe" of him and can stroke his, er, ego about how "lucky" she is and blah blah blah. See Sian Clifford. I bet she was completely starstruck from beginning to end. Now they don't even talk, if that tells you anything. She either wised up (and/)or he got bored (she wasn't listening to his lectures about Shakespeare attentively enough, probably).

It's obvious he has very little self-confidence and dating someone who thinks he walks on water or whatever is just another way Tom gets his daily quota of adoration from the world.

by Anonymousreply 4808/12/2013

Correct r43.

In fact, industry folks go out of their way to say nice things about him.

And we haven't heard a peep of negativity from any exes, male or female.

Can the same be said about Fassbender? Nope.

by Anonymousreply 4908/12/2013

People in the industry gush about one another all the time and do their best to skirt anything that could reflect badly upon them.

by Anonymousreply 5008/12/2013

Um, no, industry folks and film journos love NOTHING MORE than talking shit about actors.

And the British film industry is TINY. Eddie Redmayne is a wonderful (though I think he's in the closet). Felicity Jones is a cunt. Steve McQueen's been round for dinner. My boyfriend is a producer and I hear all his stories.

It's actually a big deal that I haven't heard him or anyone say negative things about Tom. He shows up at work on time and sober and promotes without actively complaining, which is more than a lot of people...

by Anonymousreply 5108/12/2013

Of course they do, r50.

And when people are not so nice, they don't say much at all. They play the game.

All I'm saying is, some folks with no dog in the race (Coriolanus poster photographer, random Avengers runner in Ohio who got invited to the wrap party) rave about what a class act he is.

So who the fuck really knows? All we are getting is armchair analysis and a guy who claims to be friends with people who went to RADA with him (who must be actors who maybe are not working right now?).

The only guy posting who actually did know him from RADA (the "Tom Hiddleston Troll"), also has nothing but nice things to say about him.

Take it for what it's worth. I'm waiting for real dirt, it there doesn't appear to be any.

by Anonymousreply 5208/12/2013

R49 Yet Fassbender managed to become the new Olivier. Having no bad things to say about someone doesn't necessarily mean you want to work with them nor does it imply that he is a perfect human being. He sharts rainbows and butterflies, goes to the opening of an envelope, panders, caters, bends over backwards. He's tall and handsome and cute and seems cuddly, he's the perfect lap dog. But at the end of the day you end up getting a pitbull to protect your precious belongings which in this case are producers' million dollars.

by Anonymousreply 5308/12/2013

Hiddleston is a poor actor. He has no depth to him at all. He cant let go in a role (Cumberbatch is in a different league to him).

by Anonymousreply 5408/12/2013

R52 You choose not to believe those posts because you are deluded. Sorry I had to be the one to tell you, but somebody had to.

by Anonymousreply 5508/12/2013

I'm sure he is a "nice" guy. He would be a fool not to show up on time, sober, and do everything he can to please everyone because I don't think he is an overwhelming talent.

I think this downward spiral into Pixie Hollow is pretty simple really: the other guys are better.

by Anonymousreply 5608/12/2013

I think you have me confused with someone else, r52.

Like I said, I'm looking for actual dirt. And I haven't heard any yet.

Posh bashing ain't dirt. It's posh-bashing.

And I think the situational bi thing is accurate.

by Anonymousreply 5708/12/2013

If the British Film industry is that tiny, it would behoove anyone pressing his nose against the window to be on his absolute best behavior all the time.

If Hiddleston is good at not shitting where he eats, good for him. Doesn't make him any less of a try-hard, self-pandering, opportunistic, c-list actor.

by Anonymousreply 5808/12/2013

I meant r55.

by Anonymousreply 5908/12/2013

R54 Tom may not be in Cumberbatch's league, but Tom is a better actor than a bunch of other guys working in Hollywood.

If skinny pretty boy Orlando Bloom can string together a bunch of Leading Man roles, there's no reason why Tom couldn't too.

by Anonymousreply 6008/12/2013

He's not particularly good looking, he's not particularly talented, and he doesn't come off particularly well in interviews.

Stick a fork in him. He's got nothing to offer.

by Anonymousreply 6108/12/2013

Let me put it a better way:

Actual dirt:

1) Fucking flight attendants in airplane bathrooms and recreating love scenes from old movies with mistress (Ralph Fiennes).

2) Beating the shit out of ex-girlfriends because you are an angry drunk with an ugly temper (Fassbender).

3) Cheating on your fiance with a co-star whom you elope with and then having spurned fiance run up $1 million in credit cards as payback (Daniel Craig).

No actual dirt:

"That trust fund baby was so annoyingly polite at drama school, and nice to everyone. You know he was a total fake. Why does THAT guy get to be in blockbusters while I am an unemployed actor?"

by Anonymousreply 6208/12/2013

R62 hey watch what you're typing. The whistleblower RADA friend is NOT me.

by Anonymousreply 6408/12/2013

I think [R62] sums it up nicely. If he's such a god-awful actor, why did Woody Allen, Spielberg and Brannagh go after him? Sorry, but something doesn't add up. Seems there is an awful lot of sour grapes going on in these threads. Yeah, he seems to be in a bit of a slump at the moment. So what. It seems that because there is no actual dirt on this guy, people are resorting to bitching about whatever they can.

by Anonymousreply 6508/12/2013

Why does it matter if there's "actual" dirt on him? I have to agree with the posters above. It's great that he's nice and polite--I'm sure his uber-stans are happy about that. It doesn't mean he has the qualities (charisma, depth, the ability to fascinate) producers or directors are interested in.

by Anonymousreply 6608/12/2013

I don't think he's ugly, but he's not someone who can rely on his looks to catch attention the way Orlando Bloom did.

by Anonymousreply 6808/12/2013

The roles in the Spielberg and Woody Allen movies could have been played by virtually anyone. They were little better than bit parts.

by Anonymousreply 6908/12/2013

I'm starring in a the film "Rural Jurnior". Maybe you know it from the Kevin Grisham novel?

by Anonymousreply 7008/12/2013

[R62] To be fair, that wasn't what the Whistleblower RADA Friend actually said. He/she said something about him being smart academically, but not all that talented, but willing to work very hard for which he was respected. But also very entitled and likely to throw around privilege. Also situationally bi, and not very good in the girlfriend department. I thought the comments were pretty balanced and tame.

We also don't actually know that he/she is unemployed. You're kind of making that up yourself.

I know you want DIRT, but it is possible for someone to be an entitled wanker without being abusive and nasty.

by Anonymousreply 7108/12/2013

He switched to a big agency (away from the agency that worked so hard to get him those stellar roles) shortly after Avengers, believing he was about to sail to the top. He's been hustling for all he is worth and getting nothing ever since. REALLY bad move.

If he is such a wonderful actor, why isn't he bagging roles left and right like Cumberbatch, Hemsworth, etc.?

by Anonymousreply 7208/12/2013

Maybe so r69, but both directors specifically sought Hiddleston out. Take that as you wish.

And the reason for the search for actual dirt r66 lies in the thread title. There is a different thread to discuss his acting abilities (or lack thereof, if you believe).

By the way, I want to go on the record as saying thank you to the friend of the RADA students who posted what he knew. I realize I sounded ungrateful. And I am grateful.

I may be a blunt gossip whore who needs glasses, but I shouldn't be an ungrateful pig. So thanks for posting.

by Anonymousreply 7308/12/2013

R64 As I'm the only person here who's made it clear that they are an unemployed actor, I think you were.

Maybe you should try actually reading what the original poster wrote, because it isn't even close to your little parody. Maybe then you can give 'oh sorry about that' a shot?

Ugh this thread makes me sad. Fangirls are in constant denial about Prince My-ego-is-the-same-size-as-my-cock being an entitled brat. Plus I'm not even jobbing yet I'm having backlash. The industry is cut-throat man I'm going to go drown myself in a tub a la Britney Spears in Everytime.

by Anonymousreply 7408/12/2013

R71 you beat me to it.

by Anonymousreply 7508/12/2013

oh wtf the case closed before I could post my tantrums. oh well..

by Anonymousreply 7608/12/2013

How about this r74 - I am sorry about that.

I didn't suggest you wrote it. I didn't give you a single thought whatsoever. I don't have a clue who you are, and didn't notice you on this or any other thread.

I was in fact summarizing. And I was suggesting that posh bashing by possibly jealous former classmates is simply posh bashing.

So get out of the tub now, and stop taking Datalounge so personally.

by Anonymousreply 7708/12/2013

Also, whoever the poster was who had dinner (or whose boyfriend had dinner with) Steve McQueen, I'd kind of like to know what he's like. Fascinating guy with an original voice, but he comes across very abrupt/abrasive in interviews & unwilling to play the industry game.

by Anonymousreply 7808/12/2013

I want more of these RADA acquaintances to come spill some secrets about Hiddleston!!!

by Anonymousreply 7908/13/2013

R79 seconded.

by Anonymousreply 8008/13/2013

Boy DL has been busy the last 24 hours!

No actual dirt other than his humblebragging and name dropping in interviews says a lot about Tom, especially compared to the massive piles of dirt on other actors like Fassbender and the stories of beating up his girlfriends.

IF he gets new managementand some good buzz around Coriolanus, hopefully 2014 will be a better year for him in terms of film roles.

by Anonymousreply 8108/14/2013

I want to know what sort of weird fetishes and/or kinks Tom has...someone TELL ME.

by Anonymousreply 8208/14/2013

Apparently he and then girlfriend Gwendoline Christie were involved in some mild BDSM stuff... Allegedly there were facebook posts from the both of them about him spanking her, tying her up with his ties, etc.

This is somewhat surprising to me because if anything I would have thought Tom to be a sub.

by Anonymousreply 8308/14/2013

I don't think he is gay, but I guess like all of us we do experiment with sex and having sex with the same gender every now and then. I know I did. Don't know what attracts him to his wife though, she is very unsexy.

by Anonymousreply 8408/14/2013

R84 are you talking about RDJ's wife? Hiddleston isn't married.

by Anonymousreply 8508/14/2013

R83 it's always the tall lanky bastards.

by Anonymousreply 8608/14/2013

Hi its me, the friends with the RADA "whistleblowery" people whatever that may mean.

Who by the way are very nicely employed in the industry, thank you whoever you are up there, and I hope they stay that way, and I think this is why the reluctance to snark too much. Don't get me wrong, they offered plenty of opinions, but the spirit was remarkably not mean or "posh bashing" as you put it, but just matter of fact dish.

I think I also speak for my friends when I say I respectfully disagree that everyone in the industry is into trashing one another over dinner. I'm not a theatre person myself, but I get invited to a lot of things, and have noticed that everyone tends to keeps things gracious. Nobody wants to be heard talking dirt about someone else simply out of fear of the laws of karma. Its a tough industry, and the person you piss off today might be the person who has the power to blackball you tomorrow.

So maybe the Fassbenders of the world can get away with being horrible people, but struggling actors who want to build their careers have to be more careful. Hiddleston, from everything I have observed, and everything my friends have told me, is firmly in that latter category.

He has had what sounds like a difficult year and I kind of feel sorry for him. Tinkerbell movies. Sheesh. Sorry, but that was not what he had in mind for this year. 2011 did kind of set him up to expect to sail right to the top, and it hasn't happened. Blame his management if you want, but you might also consider the possibility that compared to his contemporaries, he's kind of not all that great.

There, I got that out of the way. Sorry for the lecture.

So DIRT, since that is what you crave: Sorry, he is not a girlfriend beater, a drunk, and to the best of my knowledge, he doesn't eat puppies for breakfast. I think you are right that everyone would be pretty merciless if he were any of these things and this would be a very different conversation.

But that doesn't mean that people don't have hard-nosed opinions on all kinds of other things, and I got a nice earful on that score.

I'll ignore the nepotism and obnoxious silver spoon baby stuff everyone talks about, and cut to the good stuff.

"Situationally bi," in the words of my friend, which I interpret to be sexually fluid and maybe inclined to use people. He has slept with men in other words. Branagh? I have no idea, but that is not a new rumor if he wasn't polishing that rod literally, he was certainly polishing it in other ways. He prefers girls, but is not very lucky on the girlfriend front and does a lot of hooking up. The glamour girls are not drawn to him at all. The fan girls might go on about their exploding ovaries, but ladies who know him aren't that impressed.

Kinkiness did not come up, but I too have heard about all the Gwen Christie stuff. There are also tweets he sent about watching a male friend eat a banana out of hooker's vagina at some club. Sounds like he really got off on watching that. I would say we can safely assume that where there is smoke, there is fire and all kinds of laddish behavior. I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls a Hugh Grant someday, though it sounds like he is so careful about his image he would be on guard against actually getting caught. with his pants down

So that's all. I know this isn't profound tea, nor is it especially scandalous. Kind of boring actually. Take it for what it is worth.

by Anonymousreply 8708/14/2013

R87 Thanks for posting! Love the tea even without the cream and sugar. Not surprised that the glamour girls don't go for him. Outside of his Loki personna, he does look awkward and goofy and while he has nice party manners w/grownups, he's pretty fratboy a lot of the time. I can picture Gwen Christie spanking him and tying him up NOT the other way around, LOL! Do your RADA friends still keep in touch with him? What's the scoop on Jane Arthy? And what's the deal with his PR guy Luke who is doing him no favors with his amateurish and transparent attempts at PR?

by Anonymousreply 8808/14/2013

I guess he gives off some sort of dominance vibe in the sense that he loves sitting in a way that displays his junk.

by Anonymousreply 8908/14/2013

Maybe not a dom vibe by the way he sits, more like offering himself up. Don't have to be dominant to do that. The thing that got me was his comment about having a cheering/applause greeting him upon opening his door, since he loved hearing that so much. Perhaps he was being funny, but with all the other things, it is just beyond conceited. I wonder if he jerks off, with the lights on, in front of a mirror?

by Anonymousreply 9008/14/2013

R87, whom else have you heard about and what have you heard?

by Anonymousreply 9108/15/2013

That is very true.

Also Gwen is a big girl. I'm sure it didn't take much for her to have him on his knees if he were to go sub.

by Anonymousreply 9208/15/2013

[87]have you heard anything about Cumberbatch?

by Anonymousreply 9308/15/2013

I prefer Cooper and Butler. Hiddleston is so ugly he makes RDJ look fug.

by Anonymousreply 9408/15/2013

R87 Sorry, I still don't believe you actually know people who knew Hiddleston. Every single thing you have said is well known among fans (the myspace shit, the banana story) or speculation. It wouldn't be so hard to insert some little tidbits into your "tea" that aren't a big deal but would make you sound believable. Anything about whether he was popular at school, what kind of girls he dated, who he hung out with etc.

I'm just going to assume there is no real dirt because he isn't doing anything interesting and isn't big enough for people to report every move he makes.

R88 "Glamorous" women probably don't like him because he isn't the kind of dangerous bad boy type they like and also, he isn't big enough star to further their careers.

Although I admit it is weird that he has never had a really good looking girlfriend. He should be able to get a model, he IS posh after all with plenty of money and connections and bitches love old money. His looks are irrelevant, plenty of uglier men with money date models all the time. If he were to become truly famous and continue dating plain women, people would definitely speculate that he is gay.

by Anonymousreply 9508/15/2013

R90 According to the gossip from the one-night stand model-type he was into Lights On... oh and a little porn watching in between.

And I agree with R95 this is not new tea at all. It's just a rehash of gossip that is already out there.

by Anonymousreply 9608/15/2013

Basically what I see here are a lot of people disliking the guy based on perception and not factual evidence. Which isn’t wrong,because we all see people differently and some can really get on our nerves because of that.

But most of what I read is just venting. I mean let’s be serious, he does a lot of humblebragging? Why are you even an actor if you’re just going to be humble? You need to be your own best PR person and marketing expert to get somewhere in that line of work. The fact that he needs or wants the adulation? Being a florist would not have been the right profession then

by Anonymousreply 9708/15/2013

rdj isnt fuckin open about it or an admitted bisexual in the past, u guys r fuckin stupid.

by Anonymousreply 9808/15/2013

I don't see what there is to dislike about the guy. Ok so he blows his own trumpet but there are hundreds out there who do it much worse. He's nice to his fans, even when they get all up in his face. He isn't caught falling drunk out of nightclubs with some Page 3 dolly bird attached to his arm. Doesn't eat puppies for breakfast.

Don't get all the hate at all.

Oh and I recently saw 'Unrelated' and thought he was great in it. He's having a rough year but I'm sure there has to be a plan and that even the weird Tinkerbell shite is some part of that plan, no matter how random. There is always a plan...

by Anonymousreply 9908/15/2013

R87 Interesting but women he knows don't think much of him? They all seem to love him and fawn over him so this sounds weird. Unlucky with girls? Are the constant hookups not enough for him or what? How do his friends know he 'longs' for a glamorous gorgeous women and ends up with clingy limpet types? Do they know anything about his recent women? But not surprised at the bi stuff. How do they know this happened? Did he hook up with any guys at RADA?

And I want to hear more about the nepotism/ silver spoon unawareness of privilege stuff

by Anonymousreply 10008/15/2013

I agree with R95, especially on the bi stuff. How would they know anyway? Plus, are they still in contact with him to know actual facts?

What kind of glamorous girls was he supposed to date while at RADA exactly?

I'd say Kat Dennings is quite glamorous. Ok a few months short story but still.

Hopefully he is not so stupid to end up with sb interested in his money only.

by Anonymousreply 10108/15/2013

Y'all must be really thirsty for tea if you're gagging for re-hashed gossip from a friend of a supposed friend from nearly TEN years ago.

FFS, isn't there any gossip from this decade? Anything from Comic Con?

by Anonymousreply 10208/15/2013

Hiddleston's actually quite ugly. He's aged quite a lot lately and isnt an actor who looks better with age.

He's just a very average british TV actor. If it wasnt for Branagh he'd be the kind of actor who always popped up in Midsummer Murder. I bet he's very hammy in auditions because he is on screen. He's adequate playing hammy roles like Loki but his lack of talent really showed up in The Deep Blue Sea. He was mediocre.

by Anonymousreply 10308/15/2013

He's just starting to look more his age. He's got a bit of a babyface to begin with. In Thor, his face looked a little too youthful to be truly menacing. Now he looks more his age. I think he looks good.

by Anonymousreply 10408/15/2013

I don't think the hair is helping - too short at the sides can be unflattering. He needs to grow it out a little and he'll be reet.

by Anonymousreply 10508/15/2013

I don't get all this money talk. Why is it an issue? I don't think he has ever shoved it in anyone's face that he has some, a lot or any money related business for that matter. And I don't see how that is an issue. Can you only appreciate someone if they at least starved once in their life? Why? Does that influence talent or does it just make you feel better?

by Anonymousreply 10608/15/2013

It's more the fact that he takes part in patronising 'live below the line' bullshit and posts pretending-to-be-poor videos live from his kitchen in his multimillion luxury Hampstead house. And the fangurls think he's amazing for 'raising awareness' as though he had no idea there were poor people in the world until Luke hooked him up with that Unicef gig.

by Anonymousreply 10708/15/2013

Yes, Deep Blue Sea was mediocre but I unfortunately have this thing where I actually believe actors can get better. I know, it sucks. It isn't good for bitchery. Stupid optimism.

by Anonymousreply 10808/15/2013

[R107] So the people who can actually raise awareness and help a cause because they are famous and implicitly also wealthy should not try to help a cause just because of said wealth? How is that even logical?

by Anonymousreply 10908/15/2013

Would it have been better if Tom lived somewhere else while he participated in "Live Below The Line"?

Lots of other celebrities did that challenge and I think it's safe to say that we all know the celebrities are all living very comfortably. There is no reason to single Tom out for abuse.

I think some people here are really splitting hairs and picking nits to come up with stuff to abuse this guy over.

by Anonymousreply 11008/15/2013

I think Tom is aging like Christopher Eccleston, who is another actor who looked boyish for the longest time. Once the wrinkles came round, Eccleston looked more manly.

And Tom does look more manly with a few wrinkles. Unlike Leonardo DiCaprio, who no longer looks boyish but doesn't really look like a grown up either.

by Anonymousreply 11108/15/2013

Now we're picking on looks? This is just getting better. Wonder what's going to come next. Someone needs to get some real tea happening or there's going to be issues with the length and shape of his nails

by Anonymousreply 11208/15/2013

If I go to TIFF I'll give the scoop. People talk.

by Anonymousreply 11308/15/2013

We can just make shit up. It'll be about as accurate as what the friend of a friend pieced together from the gossip that's already out there.

How 'bout this: He's really smart, except when he's not. He's really a Dom, except when he likes to Sub. He's a cold-blooded game-playing schemer, except when he's sincerely friendly & nice. He wants a tall glamorous model-type girlfriend, though he's happy to date shorter girls with big chi-chis.

Oh and I heard all this from a friend who is a Footman who heard it from the Scullery Maid.

Any takers?

by Anonymousreply 11408/15/2013

Depressing lack of tea.

I'm a Brit and I like to see Brit actors do well internationally so I tend to follow the career of anyone who might get some longevity. I quite like this guy, who manages to give off vibes to suit everyone - slightly pingy in a luvvie way, slightly needy in an appeals-to-little-girls romantic way, slightly nerdy for the fandoms, slightly pseudo for theatricals, etc etc.

But his career appears to be stalling, despite his best efforts and there are plenty of Brits still ascending. Perhaps some real life tea would actually help!

by Anonymousreply 11508/15/2013

You lot of ungrateful fraus! Nobody is obliged to tell anything. You are not entitled to anything. If this thread is no longer interesting, there is a cure for that. It's called NOT REFRESHING THE PAGE EVERY FIVE SECONDS AND GETTING A LIFE.

Maybe in your little world or 'fandom', leeching is considered acceptable and most of the time even encouraged but in the real world it doesn't work that way. If somebody is kind enough to spill something resembling tea, you say 'oh wow that's interesting' and move on if you don't believe it. You don't bully people into giving you what you want.

by Anonymousreply 11608/15/2013

One thing is constant. He's a third rate actor.

by Anonymousreply 11708/15/2013

RDJ is a smug, conceited asshole-always has been. The straight team can have him.

by Anonymousreply 11808/15/2013

RDJ has a total career meltdown due to drugs. Plenty of actors have and faded away. RDJ came back because he was a fantastic lay and the gay mafia wanted him back.

by Anonymousreply 11908/15/2013

R115 I wouldn't give up on Tom just yet. I think everyone is just in a lull before all the Oscar campaigns start up.

Tom might not have a ton of projects lined up, right now, but he does appear to be keeping his professional relationships going, so that should pay off in the long run.

If Loki is a hit in The Dark World, I think Marvel will seriously consider giving the old boy his own movie.

Word is, the studios are really putting the money pressure on Hugh Jackman to stay on as Wolverine for another 3-4 movies. Like $100m salary kind of pressure. These Superhero franchises sell really well worldwide and the studio might have another franchise in Loki.

by Anonymousreply 12008/15/2013

R120 Hugh Jackman isn't 32 y.o. with a career to build. If TH gets stuck with Loki that's all he'll ever be known for. Big deal...

by Anonymousreply 12108/15/2013

How cool would it be to have a Loki movie! Wonder if they're going to make it cliche and make him fall in love with someone. Maybe they can bond over tricking old people and children

by Anonymousreply 12208/15/2013

R121 He was when he first played Wolverine.

Hugh Jackman was in his early 30s when he did the first X-Men movie. He launched his career playing a Comic Book Hero.

Ain't no shame in taking that route.

by Anonymousreply 12308/15/2013

R122 Loki's married in the comics.

by Anonymousreply 12408/15/2013

R123 World isn't what it was. Spielberg is right when he says Hollywood will soon implode and I doubt the hype for comics will last forever. Too many of them. Better leave the boat before it sinks. Besides, TH likes variety.

by Anonymousreply 12508/15/2013

Since Capa movie is indefinitely on hold, when asked about future project by Collider journalist at D23 he didn't even mention it, he is free to go to TIFF and NYCC.

I guess we could say that the main activity of 2013 for him has been walking red carpets.

by Anonymousreply 12608/15/2013

No tea or venting, just an observation: Hollywood is very fickle and as others said, RDJ was personna non grata with his drug addiction/conviction and then came Iron Man. Mickey Rourke's career revival is nothing short of miraculous and he got an Oscar nomination, to boot. Hiddleston is hard working, seemingly charming to everyone, cooperative on set and with industry suits AND is talented. If he stays focused he will come out of this slump. I'm not saying he's going to be Brad Pitt, George Clooney or RDJ but he should do OK for himself.

by Anonymousreply 12708/15/2013

That's because Hollywood loves a good resurrection story R127.

by Anonymousreply 12808/15/2013

i'm not worried about his long term career, but I don't think he's ever going to be a superstar no matter how much his PR people push him. He just doesn't have the look or any edge compared to his contemporaries. This has been a crappy year for him but I think he's hoping Only Lovers and Coriolanus will give him a boost he desperately needs so he's just going to keep doing the PR shilling for the next couple of months and hopes things improve next year. He will be no longer tied to Disney so can open his schedule for other things.

by Anonymousreply 12908/15/2013

I thought he was only friends with Sian Clifford? I don't think they dated.

by Anonymousreply 13008/15/2013

Read some of the shit on both of their twitters from late March 2012. Sure sounds like they were fucking to me, r130.

by Anonymousreply 13108/15/2013

I think the main issue is that there's a bit of lack of a realistic sense as to what roles would suit him. He'll never be the hunky leading men,for the most obvious of reasons: he doesn't fit the image Hollywood created for said hunk roles. But he can do elegant/classy very well,he can do smart, he can do strong/powerful and he can do edgy/borderline awkward roles. And yes,he can also do plain awkward really well but that's not recommended.

This isn't a future Iron Man in the making,but maybe a future Sherlock or the next big psycho or maybe play Prince William in a biopic. There's a lot to to pick from, so I don't see why the fact that he's not Wolverine is the only thing anyone ever brings up

by Anonymousreply 13208/15/2013

R87 is an embarrassment and a liar. Trolldar her lame fangirl ass and see.

by Anonymousreply 13308/15/2013

The key to success in the film business is longevity. And guess, what? Being the lead, the "it" guy, doesn't often lead to longevity.

Sometimes it is better to just keep working, be in a supporting role in a big film, maybe a larger role in smaller films and just keep working. Eventually, you get best supporting nod, and then everyone wants to cast you.

Being the superstar lead is brief, and having that and losing that has got to be worse than the struggle on the way up.

by Anonymousreply 13408/15/2013

Indeed r133. Troll.

by Anonymousreply 13508/15/2013

I like R116. His/her mother bought them up right. Manners cos nothing...

by Anonymousreply 13608/15/2013

Of course anything can be, nobody has a crystal ball. But, at the state of things, this year didn't turn out to be a good year. Yes he has things coming out, OLLA and Thor2, but he didn't make any movie, so he won't have anything coming out next year. So let's hope he is receiving, or will receive, some offers for something to do for next year. At the moment he is betting everything on Coriolanus.

by Anonymousreply 13708/15/2013

This thread sounds like he's going to be starving next year and will go into a dramatic stage of life.

Just because you don't know about projects doesn't mean they don't exist.Coriolanus news only happened in...May? June? Talks and preparations were happening long before that,as with every single project before it goes public.

Sir, I hope you shan't die of starvation or depression because of the predictions for 2014

by Anonymousreply 13808/15/2013

R138 he's rich, it's not like he is acting to make a living. So yeah fans worrying about his career should probably stop. But if you had to express an opinion about his career, 2013 could have been better. And if he had nice things already decided he would have mentioned them, for sure.

by Anonymousreply 13908/15/2013

He's a limited actor. There's no real charisma and the talent is tv standard.

by Anonymousreply 14008/15/2013

I think the roles make the actor and just because we haven't seen great things,doesn't mean it's not there.

But I think his roles have been pretty "Meh..." so far. If he actually gets a deeply complex one that requires great skill,we might be surprised. Or not...No idea how it would go.

But I for one found Fassbender very "meh" until I saw Shame. Then I realized he's incredible

by Anonymousreply 14108/15/2013

R141 Yes, Hiddleston needs to do a movie like Shame. Including all the nudity and sex scenes.

by Anonymousreply 14308/15/2013

He's never done anything remotely as Gritty as Shame or Fish Tank. It'd be nice to see him play against posh type

by Anonymousreply 14408/15/2013

[R144] Also Fish Tank yes. Those movies are a challenge in itself. Would be very interesting to see how he'd do in something so different. Not saying he needs to do a Shame sequel, but stuff like X-Men has never convinced me of Fassbender's capacity to do anything that stretch out his hand and act magnetic. Comic book movies do that for you...

And Deep Blue Sea,the theme of the movie doesn't equal a character in matching greatness.

Best recent example, the Lone Ranger. Quite crap,but Johnny Depp...

by Anonymousreply 14508/15/2013

[R144] I'd want to see him play someone in prison,and not in a posh Asgardian way.

If he could pull convict off, I'd have a whole new level of appreciation

by Anonymousreply 14608/15/2013

If there are any gays in this thread , here is what Tom has to say about his gay fans:

"INT: There’s something in your roles or something about you that the gay community definitely likes.

TH: Honestly, I’m flattered and proud. I’ve never made a distinction, to be honest. I feel very proud that I’ve grown up as part of a generation that simply doesn’t make a distinction between gay and straight really…it just really isn’t an issue or actually it is. You know you read about what’s happening in Russia and it’s shocking but for me and the circle of friends that I grew up with, the places where I mostly spend my time, it’s like, ‘Oh. So you like strawberry ice cream and you like vanilla ice cream.’ It’s all good. It’s all ice cream. Anyway, I have many, many gay friends and so I am thrilled that they are fans."

It's interview in about Tom being voted in their Hot 100 list or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 14708/15/2013

re: Tom's career choices

Tom has Shakespeare, The Muppets, Jim Jarmusch and a Supervillain on his CV. It looks like he already has plans to keep his projects varied.

Fassbender has an enviable career, but I'd rather Tom not just mimic the same characters as Fassbender.

I think Fassbender has done well for himself because he hooked up with the director Steve McQueen. They've got a great creative relationship and they are both climbing up the industry food chain because of each other. It would be great if Tom could find a collaborative relationship like that.

He's a smart, wordy guy who likes Shakespeare, so I wonder how well Tom could deliver an Aaron Sorkin rant. Or if Deadwood was still around, a nice David Milch monologue.

p.s. nice to read Tom's response in that interview

by Anonymousreply 14808/15/2013

R146 - he might not technically be in prison, but Hiddleston's role in Black Wings Has My Angel is supposedly some sort of convict on the run. However I notice that that is no longer listed in his IMDb credits, perhaps because it seems to be on hold (which is a pity, it sounded interested).

by Anonymousreply 14908/15/2013

I may have had too much wine tonight, but I would love to see him do either Tarantino or something with Pegg/Frost/Wright. Just bring it back to basics. Comedy or something really rough - take him out of his comfort zone.

by Anonymousreply 15008/15/2013

Black Wings Has My Angel is still listed on Elijah Wood's IMDB both as actor & producer, but Anna Paquin and Tom Hiddleston seem to be dropped.

by Anonymousreply 15108/15/2013

R147 Not surprisingly first half of that interview is in iambic pentameter.. Ugh..

by Anonymousreply 15208/15/2013

He is a two-dimensional, not very good actor, but one ace he has in the hole is that he is absolutely TIRELESS when it comes to promoting a film. Studio execs don't have to tell him to suck harder. He's already there.

For those of you who don't know, the promo side of the biz is anything but fun. It involves long, long days of talking nonstop to the press and answering the same questions over and over, and when you aren't talking to the press you have fans clamoring for attention. The red carpet looks like fun, but a lot of actors just don't enjoy that kind of attention, and it is actually pretty stressful and exhausting.

Ben Whishaw is famous for really hating this part of the work, but he's a first rate actor and can get away with being private and introverted because everyone wants him. Hiddleston is the polar opposite of Whishaw, and most other actors fall in the middle somewhere.

By every account I have heard, he loves the promo side of the work, and can and will talk to the press and sign autographs tirelessly and without complaint. For film producers, this is valuable, and it goes a long way toward making up for maybe not being the best actor in the mix. For himself, he might want to be a bit more careful about the fangirls. The attention seems to go to his head and his judgement is not so great.

All of this constant positive energy and camping it up for the camera is of course calculated. You are viewing an animal in captivity. There is nothing natural or real about any of this. That's just the way it is. He knows when the camera is on him, and he is a natural ham. It's a quality that does not help him as an actor, but is exactly what is needed during promos.

Hope this clarifies a few things. Hiddleston has his limits, but he also has his special skill set. It's been a rough year career wise and he will never admit it because that would be bad pr. He may be doomed to be remembered for nothing but Loki, and he may end up manufacturing Disney products rather than being a Shakespeare God, but he will have a career.

by Anonymousreply 15308/15/2013

He can be my kept man if mommy & daddy shut down his trust fund. We can do a reality show. Bad acting + all out fame whoring, seems right up his alley. Come to the dark side Thomas.

by Anonymousreply 15408/16/2013

I thought this was a thread about Downey?

by Anonymousreply 15508/16/2013

Loki isn't gay, get over it!

by Anonymousreply 15608/16/2013

by Anonymousreply 15708/16/2013

Both are very talented actors. Hiddles was great as Loki, one of the best things about Avengers. RDJ needs to lay of the blockbusters, IM3 was awful and he gave one of the worst performances ever in that movie.

by Anonymousreply 15808/16/2013

[quote]I thought this was a thread about Downey?

Really? Seriously??

by Anonymousreply 15908/16/2013

R148 I don't think Fassbender is more talented than Hiddleston. He was only OK in Shame, Fish Tank and that Sigmund Freud movie. He is famous because he flaunted his penis in Shame. Good PR for him, but he is only an OK actor.

by Anonymousreply 16008/16/2013

I think Fassbender has the potential to be brilliant. That Freud movie was pretty mediocre in my eyes in terms of his performance. Many could have pulled it off.

And that's the thing, if the role isn't challenging, you can't show what you got. Maybe not everything has to be as shocking as Shame,but still. And people can make a living without exposing their genitals,cause I really don't feel the need to see that on screen in Hiddleston's case.Didn't need to see that in Fassbender's case either,but it made sense for that particular movie

by Anonymousreply 16108/16/2013

It always depends on what an actor makes of a role. Fassbender could not bring anything interesting to it unfortunately. I think he emotionally inhibited and does not dare to go all the way on camera. Being a good actor has a lot to do with being daring and brave and imaginative.

by Anonymousreply 16208/16/2013

I don't think he's attractive. He does not appeal to me.

by Anonymousreply 16308/16/2013

I think Hiddleston is more of an aquired taste. I believe he has more versitility as an actor. It's just he hasn't had the chance to show it yet. But he does like having his ego stroked, among other things.

by Anonymousreply 16408/16/2013

I agree on the versatility, but people just get blocked by physicality,when really, I'm sure if he bulks up a bit (however much he can bulk up) you'll have many people shocked that this is the same golden puppy. The present does not define the future an in movies you need vision,so maybe he just needs the chance to completely stun people

And compared to Fassbender's (however good of an actor he is) filthy drunk ass,this dude is an all round joy.

by Anonymousreply 16508/16/2013

Hayley Atwell about Capa movie and TH. Compared to May/June when TH was seen with the script and he went to Hungary and Paris etc. It seems now they haven't the slightest about this movie.

by Anonymousreply 16708/16/2013

Capa movie sounds iffy. Hopefully it will get made -- eventually. But there are a couple of other Capa projects in the works that could be interfering with their film's financing.

I thought it was funny when the reporter asked Atwell what she found so special about Hiddleston and she said he has a "lovely voice."

He certainly has had a run of bad luck recently in terms of films being postponed.

by Anonymousreply 16808/16/2013

Looks like Thor 2 should be called "Loki" according to Lainey gossip

by Anonymousreply 16908/16/2013

Well, even if he's gonna be Loki all his life, I have a feeling Loki will have a long life on screen

by Anonymousreply 17008/16/2013

I don't get where this one " friend" thinks he wants a glamourous and powerful actress. From my observations at meeting him and such at a few events, he loves the spotlight and a big name beautiful actress would only get in his way of that. So if you want to date Hiddleston be prepared to take a backseat and let him lead. He is a nice guy but I think he does get moody at times when he thinks no one is looking.

by Anonymousreply 17108/16/2013

A glamorous woman/actress does not need to be a famous one. I understand the attraction because those kinds of women are indeed appealing mainly because of the confidence and power they exude.

And if he liked to be in the spotlight,someone like that could either accept is,if she is confident enough and able to separate things, or it can go the other way and they'd be at their throats. But that doesn't mean everything that person said should be dismissed

by Anonymousreply 17208/16/2013

I agree with R172, plus who wouldn't want to be with someone with gravitas.

Most of my female friends cling to men like their lives depend on it even if they don't like the guy (and most of the time they don't). They want to be taken care of & treated like a 5 year old, they post creepy 'my daddy is my first love' posts on Facebook come fathers day. And most men fall for it because they are useless dweebs who need the ego masturbation that comes with taking care of a needy thing.

by Anonymousreply 17308/16/2013

Jesus. Troll dar is your friend. On this thread and the humblebragging one.

by Anonymousreply 17408/16/2013

I love how fans call running into a celebrity and getting their autograph 'meeting'.

by Anonymousreply 17508/16/2013

This guy can have any woman or man he wants. I this Macmillan dude is his long time b/f.

by Anonymousreply 17608/16/2013

Well they exchanged words, didn't they?

by Anonymousreply 17708/16/2013

R:175 I never said I was just some fan getting an autograph. I was at the events under another capacity. Yes, I can see what your saying about wanting a women with loads of confidence and independence but it seems in my observations that he still has that need to be needed. I'm not saying he really wants someone who just lives for him, but more like someone who he can take care of. And I believe that a really glamourous independent women is not going to put up with his antics for long. Hiddleston is nice looking but there are so many more men even more handsome and have more connections than Hiddleston. And a lot of these women know that.

by Anonymousreply 17808/16/2013

I'm in a line of work that puts me in contact with a lot of entertainment people, and I have met Hiddleston. I do not know him well enough to have any worthwhile tea, but I can say that I have never met anyone who needs attention as much as he does.

And that's saying a lot because actors are usually pretty needy, but he is way over the top. Its almost as if he doesn't exist if people are not looking at him. The positive happy unicorn image is something he puts on and projects heavily, it is how he wants to be known, but I agree with another poster that if he thinks no one is paying attention, he gets really moody and crabby. Nothing too Joan Crawfordy, but you do get the impression that he really overthinks and tries to hard to control how others see him.

He can't stand his fans by the way. But he also cannot say no to the attention. He doesn't like them but he also fears losing them, and yes he carefully counts his twitter follows.

All this said, I cannot imagine a strong and confident woman putting up with him. He is a bottomless well of need, and though it is possible he might fantasize about attracting someone who is really strong, he really just wants to be adored, followed, and deferred to. This could explain the clingy types.

I don't think he is with anyone in any serious way by the way. There are some guys, but I am not sure if that is friendship or something else.

I also heard that the Capa movie was just not working out at all for anyone. Creative differences. No chemistry between the actors. Financial problems are keeping it from going forward, but it sounded like there were problems all the way around.

by Anonymousreply 17908/16/2013

r179, Troll dar says you are also poster 87, who claims to be the RADA whistleblower, and a few other posters on this thread.

Quit pretending to be multiple industry insiders telling variations on the same story, K?

by Anonymousreply 18008/17/2013

R182 LOL. Just L O L. Go ahead and believe what you want, hon, if it makes life more entertaining for you. IMO, it's pretty sad to go around blabbing shit, pretending you know a person, when you really don't know a thing about them.

by Anonymousreply 18308/17/2013

The problem is, it's been shared by the same person, r182.

They're just pretending to be multiple people.

by Anonymousreply 18408/17/2013

Damn....I wanted some good tea...Still, I will talk if I go to TIFF

by Anonymousreply 18508/17/2013

R179 Just shut up. Nobody believes you anymore. Useless thread.

by Anonymousreply 18608/17/2013

He sounds bored out of his mind in D23 interviews.

by Anonymousreply 18708/17/2013

Basically [R179] starts off with "I don't know him well at all" and then continues with a deep psychological analysis.

Well I don't know him at all so I cannot realistically contest or agree with any of this, but am I the only one who's getting the impression that you want to make him sound like a deeply unstable psycho? Of course from a "I really don't know him , but..." perspective

by Anonymousreply 18808/17/2013

R188 You're not the only one. I'm thinking Tom did something that upset a fan and now she's gone all 'Misery' on him.

by Anonymousreply 18908/17/2013

I wonder if the blip on the Trolldar isn't actually Jane trying to make people look bad.

by Anonymousreply 19008/17/2013

I miss the good old days when we had decent RDJ gossip.

Those are one old thread type I don't mind people bumping.

by Anonymousreply 19108/17/2013

He can't stand his fans? Aahahahahah deets??

I've heard/read that he gets annoyed when attention in focussed on other people. Watch his multiple person interviews. He fidgets, looks uncomfortable and even upset when other people are speaking/getting attention.

by Anonymousreply 19208/17/2013

R190, that's not how trolldar works, toots.

by Anonymousreply 19308/17/2013

Good call R180!

by Anonymousreply 19408/17/2013

Whether r179 is legit or not, there seem to be some truths there. I do sense a real neediness from him too, just this "look at me, like me!" He seems to feel he has to be this way otherwise he fears people will ignore him or leave him. It's funny because I am the same way but I am working on that. social networks like twitter really trigger those feelings in me so I have to stay away from it.

Back to Tom, maybe he is not this way around his friends. This seems to be only a facade.

by Anonymousreply 19508/17/2013

R182 so now if enough people repeat something it becomes true? In what world do you live exactly?

by Anonymousreply 19608/17/2013

[R193] friend, the deep meaning behind it was "what if the person pretending to not be the other person is actually Jane?"

by Anonymousreply 19708/17/2013

R190 I thought the same but since the gal still follows the Thor2 account I guess she hasn't reached the "disgruntled gf" state yet.

On other news TH started following ELLE UK and a journalist of ELLE but not the one who tweeted about him and Jane. Probably he did an interview or some fashion photos. Or maybe they apologized for that tweet.

by Anonymousreply 19808/17/2013

[quote][[R193]] friend, the deep meaning behind it was "what if the person pretending to not be the other person is actually Jane?"

As much as your Jane-ception theory is A)hilarious, and B)insane, surely even the most obsessive lunatic in this thread must realise that only an obsessed lunatic would ascribe such obsessed lunatic behaviour to someone they don't know.

Your assumptions about strangers always reveal more about you than your subject. This is a fundamental truth of human beings.

by Anonymousreply 19908/17/2013

R199 I think R190 was supposed to be a joke, have a laugh people.

by Anonymousreply 20008/17/2013

[R199] You must be an obsessive lunatic then :)

by Anonymousreply 20108/17/2013

One does not simply have a laugh [R200] here without decapitation being attempted haha! Some people are just more stressed that's all.

[R198] I never really thought much about that Twitter unfollowing thing when it happened, but I think you guys seem to be proven right with the theory that she was the one who told the Elle lady she was the girlfriend

by Anonymousreply 20208/17/2013

Since I read through this ridiculous thread, you're probably right.

And, as I have read through this thread with all its sockpuppeteering and stalking, I stand by my statement.

by Anonymousreply 20308/17/2013

Arthy old story, tinkerbell same. Hiddles, give us something new

by Anonymousreply 20408/17/2013

Come on,maybe we can do Jane some good, being talked about on here might make her more desirable :D

by Anonymousreply 20508/17/2013

Ombre hair & hoop earrings? Girlfriend stopped being desirable about 15 years ago. Weaselface Bigballs clearly has something going for himself, he should be able to score a woman who doesn't need a refresh yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 20608/17/2013

Weaselface Bigballs, love you girl

by Anonymousreply 20708/17/2013

Hahahaha Weaselface Bigballs will go down in history!

by Anonymousreply 20808/17/2013

Weaselface Bigballs--Bwahahaha!! Now, every time I see a picture of Tom Hiddleston I will think of that phrase.

by Anonymousreply 20908/17/2013

Wonder what the reaction would be if someone calls out "weaselface!" on the street to him. At least then we'd have confirmation he reads these threads

by Anonymousreply 21008/17/2013

(210) going to have to add Big Balls as he knows he has a weasel face. Someone told him that way back. LOL Just call him weaselwiththabigballs. Old tea having been removed now from trolley, next please.

by Anonymousreply 21108/17/2013

Really? Someone told him he has a weaselface? haha Who was that?

by Anonymousreply 21208/17/2013

Doesn't he have sisters? They must have told him at some point, sisters can be really mean when they want to.

by Anonymousreply 21308/17/2013

I remember watching an interview back when Thor had just come out and he was asked if he looked online to see what the reactions were to him being cast as Loki. He said that he did, a little, and that some reactions were that he had a weasely face, so he was a good match. He was like, "is my face weasely? Idk. Maybe." *shrug* lol.

by Anonymousreply 21408/17/2013

Guys.. I have a confession to make..

I think I might be missing the horde of deluded fangirls trolling this thread. Ever since the tragedy that is primetime hit the site, they are nowhere to be found. This thread just doesn't seem right without fangirls creaming their panties over Weaselface Bigballs. I was using them as a stress ball, will they be back? Should I start sitting by the window & yelling at the kids playing outside? I'm having an existential crisis. Send help.

by Anonymousreply 21608/17/2013

Except Hiddles doesn't really look like a weasel, so it would be really difficult to put together a meme.

It'll just be one more thing that Hiddles can't do as well as Cumberbatch - look like a rodent.

by Anonymousreply 21708/17/2013

R206 Maybe you could leave snacks out... y'know to entice them to come back.

by Anonymousreply 21808/17/2013

Is the OP out of his mind?

by Anonymousreply 21908/17/2013

R218 I'm so confused I was looking forward to this day but now that it's here.. Am I addicted to pointless bitchery? Do I need rehab?

R217 you don't know how wrong you are. I like it.

by Anonymousreply 22008/17/2013

Hahaha [R220] See, this is a good start, the weaseling has potential!

I too miss the fangirl fits...everything is so polite and civil in here that it's confusing. Maybe someone should make up some topic that will lure them back like: have you seen the red underwear he likes to wear? Discuss.

by Anonymousreply 22108/17/2013

He wears underwear?

by Anonymousreply 22208/17/2013

Either he wears none or clearly very loose fitting one

by Anonymousreply 22308/17/2013

Is he flirting with the interviewer?

by Anonymousreply 22408/17/2013

Not the first time he has done that.

This one would be under the dictionary for "Eye Fucking"

by Anonymousreply 22508/17/2013

R224 wow the interviewer literally asked him out at the end. I think it was her doing most of the flirting in that one but in R225's link, wow talk about eyes on the prize. The shirt pulling to show chest hair. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 22608/17/2013

Back to the question at hand:

Downey is an ego-driven asshole convinced that he is smarter than anyone else. Like many addicts, he assumes no one can see through his fog of constant cover-up. Including about his sexuality. His primary personality trait is cynicism, followed by self-serving laziness. Sexually he's a taker and is one of those omnisexual sociopaths that can "get into" any scene so long as he's the one calling the shots. He likes the control more than anything, and while he prefers the bottom position he'll fuck anyone who seems like he or she doesn't want it.

He's parlayed his considerable talent and enormous good luck into a career of playing the same thing over and over, and making huge amounts of money. He's still a substance user. He's popular because he always sits there smiling, as he calculates and ciphers. He knows to keep his mouth shut and has (mostly) figured out how to avoid the pitfalls of the past. In other words, a successful sociopath.

Of course he flirts and kids and touches. He now plays the Hollywood Institution Good Guy and, when he's "on," will present himself as very interested in anyone who is his peer, in his eyes, and usually shits on everyone else.

Hiddleston I don't know. I've heard he's gay, but it's second-hand and something said about any actor who tries to keep his private life private. The odd seem 50/50. He's also smart enough to say miles away from Downey - everyone knows his game.

by Anonymousreply 22708/17/2013

Checking out her ass at the end. Priceless

by Anonymousreply 22808/17/2013

Damn, it's not working for me. I'm curious if it's Rachel Smith aka former Miss USA who asked him out....he probably would have said yes

by Anonymousreply 22908/17/2013

R229 It might be her. Does she sound like a valley girl? You don't see much of her in the video except for occasional glances but yes that might be her. She asked a question and he gave a very vague round answer then she said something like "you should think about that and get back to me because that is a really good question"

by Anonymousreply 23008/17/2013

Yep that's her. I got it working in another browser....Well she is a gorgeous woman and his type considering the model story (I say as a joke because who knows how accurate that is).

by Anonymousreply 23108/17/2013

Ferret! That is is kind of weaselly. Slow night eh?

by Anonymousreply 23208/18/2013

Honestly the fact that people are now comparing him to animals just encourages him to copy Benedict Cumberbatch even more......

by Anonymousreply 23308/18/2013

r227, interesting about him having to call the shots sexually.

One of the late, great gossip threads claimed he was a pass around boy at many Hollywood parties. He was an extreme bottom then.

There have also been + rumours about him for years.

I can certainly see him as a manipulative psychopath, though. He's lucky there's been a dearth of charismatic leading men in Hollywood in the last decade or so, or he'd be out of work.

by Anonymousreply 23408/18/2013

RDJ and Hiddleston a couple? What did you smoke, OP?

by Anonymousreply 23508/18/2013

[R225] The ass staring at the end is perfect. And he ain't even sorry about ut

by Anonymousreply 23608/18/2013

Kinky boy

by Anonymousreply 23708/18/2013

And since weasels are not generally loved, someone indeed followed my idea of the Chumberbacth Otter meme and turned it into this

by Anonymousreply 23808/18/2013

When you look at him,you wouldn't really think he's the type go after most beings of the female gender like that. Seems he perfected his moves over time but man that lingering gaze on the women's butt was the best part about that video

by Anonymousreply 23908/18/2013

Oh, so you think his behavior isn't calculated at all, huh?

by Anonymousreply 24008/18/2013

He's too clever for most of his moves to be random

by Anonymousreply 24108/18/2013

I don't think he's a dom, but i guess he's a naughty boy. Really

by Anonymousreply 24208/18/2013

I'm wondering,since he's so calculated about everything, is his contagious cute little "ehehehe" laughter truly his own or is that something he's trained himself to do? Because I'll admit,the first time I saw him was when a friend went "you have got to hear this laughter!"

by Anonymousreply 24308/18/2013

He is a real naughty boy and flirts with all the ladies. I do think Miss Smith is out of his league to be honest, a Miss Universe runner-up. No Hiddles you really would be punching above your weight.

by Anonymousreply 24408/18/2013

It's not his real laugh probably. We all have that laugh that we do when we're in some sort of situation where we don't know what else to do.

by Anonymousreply 24508/18/2013

Hiddleston has a horrible creepy laugh. Its not cute at all. It gives you the crawls. Also camp as a row of...

by Anonymousreply 24608/18/2013

Hiddleston is vain but lovely and a good actor.

by Anonymousreply 24708/18/2013

Most actors are vain; they have to be, it goes with their profession. But at least he's decent to fans. R247 I agree Hiddleston is a good actor. This year has been frustrating in some respects for him but great in others. He did get to bask in the glow of being Loki at ComicCon, LOL!And he's getting more screen time in Thor 2, if nothing else between now and Coriolanus.

by Anonymousreply 24808/18/2013

I love his 'Eheheheh' laugh. It is cute.

by Anonymousreply 24908/18/2013

by Anonymousreply 25008/18/2013

Is he wearing diapers, is he stuffing socks down his pants, wtf is that, how much of a bulge a cock and two balls make.

by Anonymousreply 25108/18/2013

*can a cock and two balls make. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 25208/18/2013

And people ask why DLers hate straight women so much...

by Anonymousreply 25308/19/2013

hmm so they really shot more scenes for loki in thor 2 just because fans like the character so much? I wonder what hemsworth thinks about it. I wouldn't be surprised if there is some tension between them now. no more tender eye fucking during interviews I guess.

by Anonymousreply 25408/21/2013

In the last pictures he looks like someone who sniffs cocaine

by Anonymousreply 25508/21/2013

I've been wondering that myself. He is so thin and almost hyper. And he sniffles and messes with his nose a lot in interviews.

by Anonymousreply 25608/21/2013

R256 don't forget how much he aged and his looks got worse in general between Thor and The Avengers. I always thought it probably had something to do with getting famous and partying a lot. often happens with celebrities - RDJ being a great example of course.

by Anonymousreply 25708/21/2013

He has aged a lot in the past year. Lost weight too. I hope this is not true but it would not surprise me if it was. He also seems like the type who uses to self medicate. I looked at many close up shots of him and he had 'coke eyes'. He also has that drunk glassy eyed look to him a lot too.

by Anonymousreply 25808/21/2013

Definitely on something here.

by Anonymousreply 25908/21/2013

I'm pretty sure RDJ is gay, gay, gay. He's got incredible gay voice.

by Anonymousreply 26008/21/2013

When is that from, 2010 or 2011?

Jesus, the aging of his skin since then is dramatic.

by Anonymousreply 26108/21/2013

Cannes film festival, May 2013. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 26208/21/2013

Yeah reminds me a bit about Fassbender who almost certainly ruined his looks with booze and cigarettes (and maybe something more).

by Anonymousreply 26308/21/2013

Hiddleston has got to be a chain smoker (and tanning bed freak) at the very least to age that much in three years.

White chicks and not usually guys age like that.

by Anonymousreply 26408/21/2013

Does he smoke? I don't think a runner can smoke that much. Hell I don't smoke and I still can't run for more than 5 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 26508/21/2013

I think it is mainly his not wearing sunscreen when in the sun. Maybe his partying too, I dunno. I don't think he smokes.

by Anonymousreply 26608/21/2013

He should take note from Russell Crowe, who has aged a ton since he got famous. It is hard to believe that Tom and Elijah Wood are the same age.

by Anonymousreply 26708/21/2013

Didn't he once say in an interview he stopped drinking for awhile? He could just be hyper and neurotic, though his weight fluctuates enough to make once wonder if he does drug or smoke. Surely if he was a smoker someone would have papped him. He smoked in one of his earlier shows and he looked like he was comfortable with it, not just acting. Who knows. His skin on his face is just awful.

Got a kick out of one of his Disney interviews when he stated he lived a simple life, ordinary life, when asked how he keeps Loki's ego in check in his own life. Translate- Just a rich man living his rich life.

by Anonymousreply 26808/21/2013

They are r267? Holy crap.

by Anonymousreply 26908/22/2013

Ears ears ears! and dilated pupil

by Anonymousreply 27008/22/2013

His ears are not that bad. His hair is too short on the sides. Not flattering. Needs to grow his hair longer.

Dilated pupils yes but his nostrils are clean.

by Anonymousreply 27108/22/2013

R268 yes that I leader a very simple ordinary life made me smile thinking about him at a polo event.

Btw, TH started following TIFF so it's official he will be at TIFF for OLLA. Also OLLA will headline the NY Film Festival so he's likely to be there to since NYCC is around that time as well.

by Anonymousreply 27208/22/2013

I also think dark hair doesn't suit him

by Anonymousreply 27308/22/2013

I doubt he'd be so coherent and eloquent if he'd be on any substance

by Anonymousreply 27408/22/2013

R274 yeah I was thinking the same. Plus I can't remember ever seeing him sniffing through interviews.... I think he's just a stress-head and that is aging enough. I've seen people age ten years in the space of one trough stress alone.

He's been working very hard the last three years with all the PR tarting about, that would age you. I dont think the poor poppet doesn't do well in the heat, which doesnt help.

Plus, it's down to genetics and bad luck sometimes...

by Anonymousreply 27508/22/2013

Oh plus the hair? So aging - grow out those curls, Hiddles! Close cut sides are doing you no favours!

by Anonymousreply 27608/22/2013

[R275] Plus, I think his memory is ridiculously good, I sometimes have no idea how he remembers lines he did years ago and recites them now. That's not a symptom of someone who fries his neurons with substances.

I've seriously never analyzed the man's skin like some of the people here, but I don't think it's gone downhill so bad. Sure, the babyface only lasts til a certain age, but it doesn't mean he's evolved into a terrible creature. Some haircuts don't do favors,like [R276]pointed out, but I think once one gets enough sleep and less jet lag it's all good. And din't he play a vampire? Those creatures aren't exactly the epitome of health

by Anonymousreply 27708/22/2013

A workaholic who needs a long holiday

by Anonymousreply 27808/22/2013

I always thought he spoke that way because he was on something.

by Anonymousreply 27908/22/2013

and the fact he played a vampire affects the state of his skin how? Compared to other guys his age, his skin belongs to a man in his 40s.

by Anonymousreply 28008/22/2013

@279 me too

by Anonymousreply 28108/22/2013

The fact that he played a vampire might affect his weight

by Anonymousreply 28208/22/2013

I really hope he brings a girl to TIFF. I need a good laugh.

by Anonymousreply 28308/22/2013

Oh a girl at the TIFF would be beautiful! People would go nuts. Please Sir, if you are reading this, make it happen!

by Anonymousreply 28408/22/2013

R283 On the other hand, if he doesn't bring Arty to any of these events we can close that chapter for good.

by Anonymousreply 28508/22/2013

If he starts to present all of hi gf at TIFF people are more likely to make fun of him. It'll become his M.O. TIFF+tennis tournament (USOpen is around the same time as TIFF)

by Anonymousreply 28608/22/2013

Pretty sure he won't bring her, but whoever he'd bring would be so much fun how people would faint and hyperventilate. But I have a feeling he's making it a priority to state his bachelor status

by Anonymousreply 28708/22/2013

show your new gf like you did with Susannah two years ago? that's gonna be tacky

by Anonymousreply 28808/22/2013

Honestly, it's just so funny whenever he's with a girl or an attractive fan. I'm still laughing at this fangirl who wrote a fucking letter of betrayal to him after Wimbleton.

by Anonymousreply 28908/22/2013

R278 hit the nail on the head...

by Anonymousreply 29008/22/2013

[R289] I always wonder, do people not realize he is a man? Like, a real life human being who functions like a man? Needs, urges etc included. I feel like some put him on a pedestal where he just giggles, smiles, occasionally blesses people and his virginal aura lights up candles.

And then something ruins that picture and suicidal urges emerge and whole soap operas develop, 'cause his aura be beflecked

by Anonymousreply 29208/22/2013

Enjoy. The stuff in bold is another persons comments. The girl who wrote deleted it but says she still practices "Lokean"

by Anonymousreply 29308/22/2013

R292 Co-signing with this. Any living, breathing, sentient 32 year old man or woman has normal physical, emotional and mental urges/needs. He's clearly a flirt, hooks up, has GFs, BFs or whatever.

Hiddleston's life has been a whirlwind for the last three years in terms of work, PR, play with some (OK, lots) shameless self-promotion thrown in. Even though work slowed down for him in 2012, his life did not. Hence, the aging. He's a thin guy to begin with, with a naturally high metabolism that goes into overdrive when he does -- which lately is a lot of the time. When thin people get too thin, it shows in their face -- hence the ears sticking out, lines becoming more prominent.

Seriously doubt that Hiddleston has a cocaine problem; he'd never be able to do Coriolanusand substance abuse could derail his career for sure, especially when he's still trying to establish himself. He has bought into the fangirls and become a bit of a famewhore. One hopes he'll snap out of it. Only time will tell if Arthy is a real GF but the longer time goes on w/o a sighting the less likely it seems. If/when he does get into a serious, committed relationship, that person female or male, had best be prepared to take a back seat to HIS ego and ambition. There's a reason he shows up to the opening of an Email.

by Anonymousreply 29408/22/2013

He is on the cover of Empire's october issue.

by Anonymousreply 29508/23/2013

and he's sooooooooo happy

by Anonymousreply 29608/23/2013

I despise his over-enthusiasm but this time I'm going to cut him some slack, if I was on the cover of Empire I would jump out my window with excitement screaming "I'm on Empire bitches".

by Anonymousreply 29708/23/2013

It sucks because I do believe he has real promise. But promise can only take you so far.

by Anonymousreply 29808/23/2013

Well good for him! There are actually four different Empire Mag covers -- two of Chris Hemsworth as Thor and two of Tom Hiddleston as Loki. All of them look good. R298 ITA, Hiddleston has real talent -- he can act rings around Hemsworth. Right now his fame is a two-edged sword because it's tied to Loki and the Marvel universe. Coriolanus hopefully opens more doors for him beyond OLLA and the low budget Capa film if that ever gets made. In the Nerd interview, he was rank about being offered parts that Fassbender turns down.A lot of black actors in the same age range as Denzel Washington had the same complaint!

by Anonymousreply 29908/23/2013

Heard this yet?

by Anonymousreply 30008/23/2013

[R293] Well that's somewhat scary that people feel like they need to and can write something like this. It's like he personally betrayed her by living his life.

I'm kinda sorry for the woman though

by Anonymousreply 30108/23/2013

R300 Oh dear Looooorddddd...... *fans self*

by Anonymousreply 30208/23/2013

Hot sexy voice, naughty thoughts

by Anonymousreply 30308/23/2013

R300 give a listen -- short but to the point@

by Anonymousreply 30408/23/2013

[R304] He knows how to pick'em and he definitely knows how to use his voice

by Anonymousreply 30508/23/2013

His voice amends his weasel face.

by Anonymousreply 30608/23/2013

I want it to be known, [R306] I'd favorite your post if I could.

by Anonymousreply 30708/23/2013

R307 Thank you darling.

by Anonymousreply 30808/23/2013

He is going to work this for all it is worth, and his career depends upon this second bite of the apple. Loki season is upon us!

by Anonymousreply 30908/23/2013

Ah, Loki, Hiddleston's Magnum opus. Could be worse I guess.

by Anonymousreply 31008/23/2013

Am I the only one who feels Loki as a character is way over-exposed?

by Anonymousreply 31108/23/2013

(311) no you are not alone, but money talks and the fans have screamed.

Hope he grows up and focuses on mature roles and stops pandering and baiting the fan girls. I guess with his self esteem issues he cannot let go of that attention. Some chat hinted he picks up teenage girls. Creepy if true.

by Anonymousreply 31208/23/2013

He doesn't strike me as a Dahvie Vanity (look it up). I'm sure he checks age and won't do anything too detrimental to his career.

by Anonymousreply 31308/24/2013

His voice is like buttah!

by Anonymousreply 31408/24/2013

any link for that chat R312?

by Anonymousreply 31508/24/2013

Hiddleston is way over exposed. He only has himself to blame though. He needs to hide away for a few years to give us all a break from him. I'm sick to death of seeing him everywhere. Especially photoshoots. Does he do one every day. It feels like it.

by Anonymousreply 31608/24/2013

If he reaches Rihanna levels of annoying overexposure then I will have a problem, but right now you're only getting too much of him if you're looking for it and/or know where to look.

He's not going to randomly appear in your face, most people don't even know who he is at this point

by Anonymousreply 31708/24/2013

Between promoting OLLA and the fact that he starts Coriolanus rehearsal at the end of October, he's unlikely to attend many première (at some point it'd be nice if they'll present the real villain of Thor2). Add to that the fact that he hasn't a single movie coming out next year, this is probably the last bit of exposure he'll get. So bear with him.

by Anonymousreply 31808/24/2013

R312 and a teenage girl will have the maturity and self-composure not to spill the beans on facebook? If even a Jane Arthy couldn't keep her mouth shut imagine a highschooler.

by Anonymousreply 31908/24/2013

R316 Agreed. I have never seen much about him at all that I haven't been actively looking for (stop judging, a girl needs some eye candy) so I really don't believe he is over exposed. In fact, considering his Loki role I think he's under exposed. Here in the UK he doesn't pop up very much which I find quite surprising...

And R312.... Pretty sure that 'chat' is utter bollocks...

by Anonymousreply 32008/24/2013

Oh and he has this months Empire cover - that's pretty impressive. None too shabby.

by Anonymousreply 32108/24/2013

Oh I didn't mean is TH overexposed (though I think considering the thin quality/quantity of his work, maybe he is), but is LOKI overexposed.

The movie is still a couple of months away, and I am already bored with the character. I really feel it has been done to death, but clearly he has his fans and they want a Loki breakaway film. Ugh. Spare me please.

I don't think TH is without talent, but if he wants to be, never mind stay, relevant, he needs to do some real acting.

by Anonymousreply 32208/24/2013

R322 Hence, Coriolanus for theatrical street cred while he continues to audition for other film work and continues his PR blitz and Red Carpet appearances

by Anonymousreply 32308/24/2013

I don't think Loki is overexposed... yet.

But I think it's pretty clear that Marvel is giving Loki a push. If they're going to give Loki his own film, it's nice that they're throwing some support behind him.

All Tom has to do is kill it in The Dark World and I think Marvel will have every reason to go forward with a Loki movie.

After the Ben Affleck news, this might be the perfect time for Marvel to swoop in with a new movie/franchise that appeals to the fans (and demographic) of Nolan's Batman and Loki totally fits that bill.

I know some people here are gonna hate it, but I hope a Marvel franchise happens for Tom.

by Anonymousreply 32408/24/2013

I think the Loki fandom is pretty small actually. You hardly hear of them outside of Tumblr. I doubt very much that Marvel is going to let a small group of fangirls steer anything. These late reshoots are less about giving TH a push than they are about salvaging Thor 2 after a some pretty well known disagreements with the director.

TH has another chance with Thor The Dark World, of course, but I don't actually see a Loki breakout film happening. For starters, there is nothing in the Marvel universe that would feed into this. I'm not saying we won't see the character again, but I think his role will always be supporting, not lead.

What I think we will see that will unseat Batman once and for all is the Doctor Strange film. It is definitely in the works, and with the right writer and actor, will hit all of the notes TH is hitting and then some. It will not be like anything else Marvel has done.

There is some Loki crossover in that part of the Marvel universe, btw, so if TH wants to play Loki until the cows come home, he may have his chance. Personally, I think he would do better to get some better acting roles. There is this thing about the law of diminishing returns.

by Anonymousreply 32508/24/2013

Why isn't Chris Ecclestone promoting the movie? Isn't he the main villain?

by Anonymousreply 32608/24/2013

We've barely seen Eccles which is strange. He's great but he doesn't have the fangirl pull like Tom. Natalie Portman wanted to leave, Idris Elba only came back for contractual reasons, and Hemsworth is busy filming big projects/becoming A-list. Plus he's not happy with his Marvel money.

Meanwhile, over-enthusiastic puppy Tom is sitting at home wearing a homemade Loki helmet and waiting desperately, tail drooping, for Kevin Feige to ruffle his ears and let him perform in front of a crowd of adoring fangurls.

Really, he is the only person who will happily show up and talk and talk and talk and smooth people over like they've never been smoothed before. He's an expert at that stuff.

by Anonymousreply 32708/24/2013

I too think it's really strange that Chris Eccleston hasn't done any promotional work for the new Thor film. I enjoyed him immensely as the 9th Doctor and I look forward to his performance as Malekith....a *real* villain. Ahem.

by Anonymousreply 32808/24/2013

[R327] This is one of many reasons why I do not believe that TH's career with Marvel is ascending. He is way, way too desperate to please the higher ups. I am sure they appreciate it, but these are not the actions of a man who is their new hot property. I think he is trying to prove his value so that he will get some work, any work. Everything else is just press.

by Anonymousreply 32908/24/2013

It really is odd about Ecclestone, isn't it? He is the main feature for this film, and yet he has done no promotion.

Hemsworth has an excuse. He is busy filming projects with highly unforgiving schedules but which will make him assuredly A-List, but even he has managed to do some interviews over the phone. Ecclestone isn't even working on anything new.

What is going on with Thor 2? They fired the composer at the eleventh hour, the director stopped editing because of disagreements with Marvel, Portman and Elba did not want to come back at all, they're filming new scenes two months before the damned thing is to be released and are trying to get us to believe that it's all because they are so excited about the growing story.

Cut the crap guys, filming new scenes this late at huge expense to everyone means something is not working. I smell desperation.

by Anonymousreply 33008/24/2013

R268 About that d23 interview, more interestingly, he mentioned his sisters and some good friends to keep him grounded, no gf.

by Anonymousreply 33108/26/2013

My main reasons for going to see Thor 2 will be for Hiddleston and Eccleston, so I find it disappointing that Eccleston does not appear to be more of a focus in the promos, especially as he is supposedly the chief villain. More Tom/Loki is always good news though :)

The behind-the-scenes 'rumours' that are circulating do make it sound a bit like the film is being made by focus group to me. It doesn't necessarily mean the film is in trouble or the finished product will be crap however. I'm guessing a lot of these kind of films are 'tweaked', 'plussed', 'rejigged' or whatever in order to make the absolute maximum impact at the box office.

by Anonymousreply 33208/26/2013

Last minute tweaks have become a Marvel/Feige trait. For any other studio, that normally spells disaster, but for some reason Marvel seems to do very well with it.

by Anonymousreply 33308/26/2013

Marvel does all their films like this. And I know off a fact that Tom reads his tumblr tag. I used to work in a cafe on haverstock hill and saw him reading his own tag once

Wonder if he's seen this thread. Hope not, you're awful. Also please excuse my English, it's not my primary tongue.

by Anonymousreply 33408/26/2013

Say what you want about weasel faces but this guy is a perfect example of getting better with age. I mean, 10 years ago,this was Hiddleston

by Anonymousreply 33508/26/2013

[R333] Say who? Your post is taken verbatim from Marvel's PR. Come to your own conclusions, but let them be your own conclusions.

[R334] I have heard from a few places that he self-googles a lot. If you look at his Twitter feed, he also follows all of his fan accounts as well as some of his craziest fans.

There was also some talk that he not only read this site but posted here to let people know he was not gay. Not sure if this is true or not, but I think it is clear that he wants to the attention.

by Anonymousreply 33608/26/2013

[R334] That is really not surprising, I'm sure he follows much more than this tumblr tag. Btw, I know exactly where you worked :)

by Anonymousreply 33708/26/2013

@331 neither his parents

by Anonymousreply 33808/26/2013

[R338] More often than not,parents tend to be the cause of imbalance

by Anonymousreply 33908/26/2013

I'm quite sure he has some kind of daddy issue

by Anonymousreply 34008/26/2013

So, RDJ and this Hiddleston guy, did they fuck or not?

by Anonymousreply 34108/26/2013

I don't think so

by Anonymousreply 34208/26/2013

R331 Hiddleston would have to be an imbecile to mention a GF to the D23 reporters a scant month after his appearance at Wimbledon w/Arthy prompted such hysteria.

And most famous people do read what is written about them. In Hiddleston's case I'm sure it serves two functions: it strokes his ego and keeps him apprised of what the crazies are saying/doing. Smart move considering a lot of them will be only a few feet away from him during the Coriolanus performances.

by Anonymousreply 34308/26/2013

[R337] Felt bitchy enough naming the street, but if you think you know it , you probably do. He was also polite enough, I had to deal with a lot of very rude demanding people when I was there. Most not famous, but that's just NW3...

A few people came up to him to say hi in the cafe when I was working and he never look put out by it. I just think he likes attention.

My boyfriend likes him and bought tickets to see his play. I hope it's not full of screaming teenage girls as I cannot tolerate it.

by Anonymousreply 34408/26/2013

[R344] If you hadn't said it, I would have probably thought of two or three places in that area where it could have happened anyway.

But from what I'm told,you're right he doesn't mind people coming up to him. Then again, Helena Bonham Carter isn't going to kill you for doing it either. I think they're used to it happening. And lucky you for getting those tickets, I went the normal human route and went to the box office to get them, only to find out they were sold out in the first 20 minutes.... Coriolanus is going to be an insanity fest. Most people who actually wanted to see the play didn't get tickets because the obsessive ones got all of them. That's not the audience you wanna have...this isn't Comic Con, this is Shakespeare

by Anonymousreply 34508/26/2013

New stuff...

So a friend of a friend was working on Thor 2 and he was able to get a signed photo of TH to send to his gf. The first one was a normal signed photo with some sort of quote on it (probably Shakespeare). I guess some time after, another one was sent to here that said "To *name*, you're hot"

Now, the friend of a friend told me this. He could be absolutely wrong. I really hope I see TH at TIFF so I can observe his behavior...

by Anonymousreply 34608/26/2013

I don't get it? TH sent a second pic to his colleagues GF? How did he have he address etc? Seems a bit odd?

by Anonymousreply 34708/26/2013

Unless he met the girlfriend, I'm calling bullshit. Belsize Park employees I'll believe as that tea was super boring, but seems out of character to hit on someone he's never met as she could be some ugly frau

by Anonymousreply 34808/26/2013

I can text him if you want. Would be fun to call out on bullshit on his part if he were just trying to impress me with gossip on a B-list actor.

by Anonymousreply 34908/26/2013

Why would he read his Tumblr tag in public? Lol how embarrassing. Do that in private!

by Anonymousreply 35008/26/2013

Yeah it's just kind of weird, dude. Like "Hi! Can you sign this for my GF please? Thanks! Oh and here's her full postal address but don't use it to send a creepy second picture, man, OK? Promise?"

by Anonymousreply 35108/26/2013

Okay, he clarified that it was actually on set.......smooth TH

by Anonymousreply 35208/26/2013

So wait, what did he do then? He sent "To *name*, you're hot" to a random human being who he did not now what she looked liked but knew she was someone's girlfriend?

I need more coherent things, because this is just all over the place

by Anonymousreply 35308/26/2013

Just curious [R334] , is he a morning person? As in fueling the coffee addiction early in the morning?

by Anonymousreply 35408/26/2013

R343 It would not have been imbecile, just what any man worth the name would do if he is truly into a woman.

R352 so this bf asks to TH to sign a photo of himself for his girlfriend while on set with TH and later TH signs another writing she's hot and gives her to her boyfriend. And this boyfriend was cool with that? Yeah bs all over

by Anonymousreply 35508/26/2013

[R334] here. No, I never really saw him much before 11. Am guessing he enjoys his lie-ins when hes not working.

And I don't work there anymore, haven't for 6 months or so.

As for the tumblr, he wasn't sitting facing the window, so I only saw what page he was on when I brought him his americano. Not that it makes his self-tumblr googling any less funny.

by Anonymousreply 35608/26/2013

I think the second time he gave it straight to her.

by Anonymousreply 35708/26/2013

I'm honestly cool if you don't believe it as I'm unsure about it too but I was told, therefore I thought I would share.

by Anonymousreply 35808/26/2013

Hmm. If true, this looks to be one of the first incidents of douchey behaviour I've heard of. What a shame. Let's hope this doesn't become a habit....

by Anonymousreply 35908/26/2013

Am I the only one who doesn't understand this story?

by Anonymousreply 36008/26/2013

So R346 let's get this straight. Guy is working on Thor 2 set and gets a signed photo from TH for his gf. Some time later, the gf meets TH (with or without the bf) and gets a 2nd photo on which TH writes "you're hot", but the bf must know about this because he's told you the story, correct?

by Anonymousreply 36108/26/2013

My read on that was: male fans get photos with Shakespeare quotes, female fans get the "You're hot" message because he assumes this is what female fans want above all else. It's all about cultivating the fandom. He actually does prefer to have the screaming fangirls at Coriolanus. Anything but actual theatre goers who might critique his performance.

About the "buttery" voice video. Come on guys, he's a trained actor. You can always tell when an actor is nervous and insecure because his voice will go down several notches, smooth out, and get all silky and seductive. It's a vocal technique. He is not being himself; he is being what you want to hear.

Also, just so you Americans are clear on this, British actors know that Americans, especially American fangirls, are suckers for the British voice.

To me, he just sounds like Eton and privilege, and if he wants to be taken more seriously, he might want to do something different with the voice. But I suspect TH wants to be "liked" more than he wants to be taken seriously.

by Anonymousreply 36208/26/2013

So he met this girl on set, and gave her an autographed picture with 'you're hot' on it? In front of her BF? Stay classy, Hiddleston. Was he hitting on her or just joking?

by Anonymousreply 36308/26/2013

R355 I must respectfully disagree on Hiddleston's not mentioning a GF -- given the fangirl hysteria, he may figure that discretion is the better part of valor, LOL! Hiddleston hasn't said anything and there have been no reported sightings of him with Arthy since Wimbledon, no one knows what's going on.

by Anonymousreply 36408/26/2013

R364 a spineless boyfriend who does the bidding of his fandom, every girlfriend's dream. People who still insist that the Arthy thing was ever a thing are hopeless.

by Anonymousreply 36508/26/2013

The 'you're hot' is one of his favorite things to gush out at attractive females. That and "you have incredible" eyes, legs, body, etc, all the while laying on the charm. Just read past posts on other threads here and other boards about his behavior. Seems he has the sexy eye contact down pat as well as the buttery voice, and hugging. He knows what sells and who is buying. LOL

by Anonymousreply 36608/26/2013

What makes me laugh is the Love Book twitter account posted a 'Tom Hiddleston might be dating Jane Arthy but you can pretend he's your boyfriend with this app'.

She unfollowed them shortly after. LOL.

He's been in LA for 3 weeks so who knows.

by Anonymousreply 36708/26/2013

R367 Really? That's funny.

by Anonymousreply 36808/26/2013

[R366] Exactly. Is is a very polished little act that he has, it is completely automatic at this point, and it is for a purpose.

[R367] For real? That is just sad.

by Anonymousreply 36908/26/2013

Okay I'll try to retype the story to make people understand. Disclaimer: this was from a friend whose friend worked on the set. I know, sounds legit already but this is what I was told after friend clarified what happened.

Girlfriend was set with boyfriend who was working on the Thor 2 set. The first time, girlfriend (who is a fan) gets a lovely autographed photo that says "To *name* [quote that is probably Shakespeare] Tom Hiddleston" Some time later, she comes back and she gets another photo that says "To *name* You're Hot" The boyfriend probably knew and probably didn't care since he probably knew that TH has a track record for this sort of thing.

by Anonymousreply 37008/26/2013

R367 is this a real thing? LOL.

by Anonymousreply 37108/26/2013

BF catches GF with a flirty photo and it was ALL Tom's doing?

Sorry, it sounds like the BF caught his GF trying to get with Tom. She backpedals, shifts the blame & apparently the BF bought it.

by Anonymousreply 37208/26/2013

Admittedly The Love Book only RT an article on some fashion site. But funny that Jane would unfollow it like that.

by Anonymousreply 37308/26/2013

I think it's interesting that no-one can see him for what he is - a sleazebag. I dunno. Maybe he's just an obsessive flirt, but when he pulls the same trick over and over again it get a bit much.

He's always giving girls full body hugs, telling them how nice they smell, kissing them on the cheeks/head when taking pictures. complimenting them on their.. everything. Eyes/hair/dress/smell/blah. And the girls all just giggle as though he hasn't said the same thing to the last chick he spoke to. He just needs to be adored at all times.

by Anonymousreply 37408/26/2013

What happened to this thread? It was about RDJ and Hiddleston. Now it seems to be entirely populated by geeky Hiddleston fangirls.

He doesn't want to fuck you, ladies, move on.

by Anonymousreply 37508/26/2013

R375 This thread ceased to be about RDJ & Hiddleston after about 5 posts! R374 is correct: Hiddles is an obsessive flirt, he's working the fangirls for all it's worth on three continents. The point is: if you're an attractive female in the right place at the right time, you may get lucky with Tommy!

by Anonymousreply 37608/26/2013

r372 Tom is the one who wrote the message in this story, so it is his action. The girlfriend as a fangirl was probably drooling and gushing and all because that's just what fangirls normally do. Tom has been obvious about catering to his fanbase as much as possible, and such a message would provide fangirl thrills.

If the girlfriend was actively trying to arrange to get with Tom she would have gotten something like his phone number or email, not an autograph like that which would serve nothing but making her boyfriend aware Tom might possibly be interested.

by Anonymousreply 37708/26/2013

This thread is utter BS.

by Anonymousreply 37808/26/2013

Did the GF keep the second photo?

by Anonymousreply 37908/26/2013

Sorry about that. I'm an idiot. I'll post it on a different photo sharing site

by Anonymousreply 38408/26/2013

Anyone smell anything?

by Anonymousreply 38508/26/2013

God forbid I make a fool of myself on DL

by Anonymousreply 38608/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 38708/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 38808/26/2013

Wow, the entry requirements for r380's college must be pretty low...

by Anonymousreply 38908/26/2013

Guess so. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 39108/26/2013

Seriously? This is some sort of offense? This is "douchebaggery"?

I don't believe the guy is straight, but if he were, I have news for you: this is tame, tame, tame.

Let me guess, she's in college too?

The real world is going to eat you little girls alive.

by Anonymousreply 39208/26/2013

Why does the BF have a black-tipped french manicure? Or is that your manicure R386?

by Anonymousreply 39308/26/2013

Maybe the gf's manicure...idk he sent me it and at this point I think I was played hard so I guess that's it...

by Anonymousreply 39408/26/2013

That's the photo of himself he chooses to slut around on? With women?

He looks like a young, gay Jeremy Irons.

by Anonymousreply 39508/26/2013

Look, it is not rocket science. TH has a huge reputation pretty much everywhere for this.

He is always always on the make, 24/7. It just doesn't stop.

He's cruises everyone, he blows everyone, he sucks up to every director in sight with the same repeated tiresome script. Everyone notices this, but nobody really cares because they just don't care. Only the fangirls squeal over his Hiddleconda.

Sleazebag? Sounds like it to me.

There are actors who actually are nice guys with genuine intellectual chops to show for themselves (Eddie Redmayne comes to mind) and they do not behave like this. I pity any woman who takes him seriously as a BF.

Last year was his year to suck, and this year is the year for him to put on those double kneepads and suck harder. Judging by the casting decisions, I don't think anyone is going for it except for some easily impressed fangirls who don't know that he is the walking equivalent of one of those cheap cardboard sets where you put your face in a hole for a picture. Or maybe they do?

by Anonymousreply 39608/26/2013

This is one of those strange threads a la `Jeremy Renner`s baby` that begin with one subject then detour somewhere totally different and nobody really knows what the fuck the thread is about.

by Anonymousreply 39708/26/2013

So the BF keeps a photo of his GF holding a photo of Tom that he supposedly gave her with his wonky autograph?

When you first told this story, Tom looked like a douche. But right now, Tom is looking the least fucked up of all characters involved.

by Anonymousreply 39808/26/2013

Yes r396, you've told us before... when you were r179 and r87, AKA the RADA troll.

What the hell did he do to you that you keep telling the same story over and over again, while pretending to be different people?

by Anonymousreply 39908/26/2013

r398 I think the most likely assumption to make is that the girlfriend snapped the pick of the autograph after she met Tom and then uploaded it on the web to show it to friends on facebook or something. A lot of people do that when they had a celebrity encounter that included an autograph. If the photograph was already online somewhere for that reason the bf could just copy it and send.

by Anonymousreply 40008/26/2013

[R400] Sounds that way to me. I have no idea about the handwriting or who out there is the self-proclaimed expert on what is really TH's autograph.

And yeah, I have an opinion I have repeated a lot. So what? I said before that the "tea" on this guy is pretty much what any of you can see for yourself and what has been repeated a million times by others. This is not rocket science, and if this is your idea of trolling, I think you need to get out more. You can unclench now, my friend.

by Anonymousreply 40108/26/2013

He addressed that photo to Loki? Wow, what a weirdo.

by Anonymousreply 40208/26/2013

R399 - ooh, you're goooood..

R400 - It. Isn't. His. Autograph..... Someone probably got a pic and a pen and wrote the message themselves as a joke. It's not his handwriting , which is far less blocky and more like a spider has done the cha-cha in an inkwell and then tangoed across the page.

by Anonymousreply 40308/26/2013

Darling r401, it's not that you have an opinion you've repeated a lot.

It's that you keep pretending to be different people.

That makes you a troll.

And you know it.

by Anonymousreply 40408/26/2013

That's not Loki, there's no "k". It looks like Loni or Lori.

by Anonymousreply 40508/26/2013

incredible. these threads are a joke. how many have there been and not a single proper piece of gossip? tsk tsk

by Anonymousreply 40708/26/2013

Personally 407, the most entertaining part of this thread has been following the sometimes bitter fiction spun by r401, as s/he is also:

r396 r179, and industry insider who has met Tom Hiddleston r87, supposedly the RADA whistleblower who has NOT met Tom Hiddleston, but had friends in drama school with him r153 r71, who is not the RADA whistleblower, but recaps for those who summarize inaccurately r25, who refers to the RADA whistleblower as someone in another thread.

Sherlock, eat your heart out.

by Anonymousreply 40808/26/2013

Well, that list looked better when it was a list. Sorry about the punctuation. Didn't know it wouldn't format.

by Anonymousreply 40908/26/2013

Funny he has never been linked to any famous actress or actor for that matter. Is he gay? bi? Straight? Apart from the banana story, there are no wild stories about him.

by Anonymousreply 41008/26/2013

I wonder if he and Chris Hemsworth had a fling. They certainly have a lot of chemistry when they are seen together.

by Anonymousreply 41108/26/2013

The troll(s) on this thread are tedious. I mean, who really cares if signed "You're hot' on an autographed picture. I don't believe it anyway.

I miss the good ole days with the adventures of Russell Crowe and his piece Libby.

by Anonymousreply 41208/26/2013

R412 Do tell.

by Anonymousreply 41308/26/2013

R413, about 10 years ago, there was a 'rumor' that Russell Crowe had a fling with someone named Libby and knocked her up. This was right around the time he married Danielle Spencer. This troll 'Libby' said that she was the actual mother of Russell's son Charlie. Fun times, I tell ya.

by Anonymousreply 41408/27/2013

Maybe he's just... *gulp* .... kinda boring? I've heard these people do exist? Perhaps he's one of those?

by Anonymousreply 41508/27/2013

This guy could have any woman (or man) he wants but he has not been linked with anyone, except that Z lister Jane Arthy. One would think the starlets and twinks in Hollywood would be throwing themselves at him. What gives? Maybe he has hook-ups with the non-famous, I dunno.

by Anonymousreply 41608/27/2013

R414 I thought it was going to be more exciting than that.

by Anonymousreply 41708/27/2013

So, we have to wait TIFF for, maybe, new tea? Meh

by Anonymousreply 41808/27/2013

He's been linked with several actresses over the years -- usually women that he's worked with in the Brit TV and Brit theatre crowd e.g. Gwendoline Christie and Susannah Fielding to name two. It was also rumored that he knocked boots with Hayley Atwell at one point, though they've been friends for 10 years. When he was in the US to do Thor he was linked with Kat Dennings. His relationships seem to be measured in months not years as others have said.

Hollywood starlets typically try and hook up with producers, directors and A list actors who can give their careers a boost. It appears Hiddleston is focused on trying to boost his own career.

by Anonymousreply 41908/27/2013

He was at the BFI brunch today, talking about his movie with Tilda Swinton. He's not short of hustle, at least

by Anonymousreply 42008/27/2013

is he gonna be in Venice festival?

by Anonymousreply 42108/27/2013

No, no Venice, OLLA isn't listed and TH appearance wasn't mentioned. Plus there's an overlapping between TIFF and Venice he's more likely to go to TIFF were OLLA is listed.

by Anonymousreply 42208/27/2013

He's promoting his vampire flick that's due to be at TIFF and the london film festival, though the latter's not formally announced yet

by Anonymousreply 42308/27/2013

OLLA will also be at new york film festival and that happens close to NYCC so he might go to NY.

by Anonymousreply 42408/27/2013

promoting promoting promoting promoting

by Anonymousreply 42508/27/2013

Well he doesn't have anything else to do rn... We'll be seeing him a lot more since he's doing the high profile festivals and starting his big promo stint before the Donmar. Expect many more nauseating quotes.

by Anonymousreply 42608/27/2013

I'm sorry but that "signature" made me lol so hard. Someone has been fooled big time!

by Anonymousreply 42708/27/2013

Should signed something more scandalous like 'I want to fuck you, Love, Tom Hiddleston'

by Anonymousreply 42808/27/2013

I don't know where people say that Jane Arthy got hate messages from fangirls over being labeled as Tom's girlfriend. From what I saw it was mostly just creepy stuff like "OMG I hope they have babies!" Or messages on twitter that outright asked her if she and Tom were going out. I didn't see any namecalling with her like I did with Sian. It mostly blew over pretty quickly. Maybe the fans are becoming more privy to his ways and are not taking the claims as seriously anymore.

by Anonymousreply 42908/28/2013

@420 I saw a picture. Messy face, hair, same smutty shirt and suit. I couldn't believe it. I really can't understand what's happening to him

by Anonymousreply 43008/28/2013

He looks okay to me, if this is the picture you are referring to, r420

by Anonymousreply 43108/28/2013

I agree with 430. Compared to last year he looks gaunt

by Anonymousreply 43208/28/2013

What is on his right shoulder? ironing problem?

by Anonymousreply 43308/28/2013

R433 i think that's foundation.

by Anonymousreply 43408/28/2013

I think he looks sloppy because of his hair. Other than that he looks like any other man. He needs a facial peel though.

by Anonymousreply 43508/28/2013

Hollow crown Hiddles, those were the days

by Anonymousreply 43608/28/2013

He is too thin. He looks much better with more weight on. When he bulked for the part of Thor, he looked hot.

by Anonymousreply 43708/28/2013

his skins was damaged even back there, it's just that this photo isn't in high quality enough for you too see. In the end the Hollow Crown was little more than 1 year ago.

by Anonymousreply 43808/28/2013

How many white shirts he has?

by Anonymousreply 43908/28/2013

He just has one white shirt, anon. He's keeping the dry cleaners in Belsize in business, single-handedly.

by Anonymousreply 44008/28/2013

I think anon was sarcastic

by Anonymousreply 44108/28/2013

[post redacted because thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

by Anonymousreply 44208/28/2013

he recognizes he has irritating optimism al least

by Anonymousreply 44308/28/2013

I don't think it's either, it's just an interview.

by Anonymousreply 44408/28/2013

Better, a classic hiddles interview

by Anonymousreply 44508/28/2013

Hiddleston did exactly what producers expect actors to do when promoting a film: talked it up, discussed the character's motivations and praised his co-stars -- especially Tilda. He's got the formula down pat. And I give him props for being an easy interviewee. It must get to be a real grind after the first few dozen

by Anonymousreply 44608/28/2013

What r14 said

by Anonymousreply 44708/28/2013

That's a nice interview. Concise, complimentary of his co-star and a little subdued. Not a humblebrag in sight.

Maybe he's been reading this site...

by Anonymousreply 44808/28/2013

Seems a pretentious guy. Zero charisma. There's nothing natural about him at all. It all seems very mechanical. Thats why he's a bad actor but ok playing cartoon characters. He reminds me of an even more hyper Danny Kaye.

by Anonymousreply 44908/28/2013

R436 Hollow Crown Tom will forever be my favorite. Hair + beard = heaven.

by Anonymousreply 45008/28/2013

At times, I felt like I was intruding. Does Susan Levin (aka Mrs. Downey) know about this?

by Anonymousreply 45108/28/2013

He has a lot of charisma on screen and in person.

by Anonymousreply 45208/28/2013

[quote]I miss the good ole days with the adventures of Russell Crowe and his piece Libby.

You mean the star of the "Worst Cunts to Ever Troll the Datalounge" thread?

Fuck you, R412, fuck you right in the ass!

Do NOT call that cunt back to the DL. Do not do it. We have more than enough crazy trolling going on with those goddamned cunting racists and the nutloaf-wielding, vagina-caped Michfesters.

I am telling you NOW so I don't have to tell you THEN.

by Anonymousreply 45308/29/2013

[quote]I can't decide if this interview is endearing or pretentious as fuck. Help me.

It's a bit of both, R442. Don't worry about it and stick with that "Hollow Crown" look. It's delicious.

by Anonymousreply 45408/29/2013

r453--I loved that cunt because she was so crazy and people actually believed her! It's the Crowe hags I hated the most.

The Hiddleston hags are a little better. Not much but at least his fanbase is a little younger and pleasant, although nuts.

by Anonymousreply 45508/29/2013

r453--I will never call that freak here! I have no idea who she or he is.

by Anonymousreply 45608/29/2013

by Anonymousreply 45708/29/2013

I'm convinced that this man threw out all of his casual clothes, which sucks because the leather jacket was hot. The man would wear a suit on a Greyhound.

by Anonymousreply 45808/30/2013

I like that he works with UNICEF. He's a good egg.

by Anonymousreply 45908/30/2013

A worthy cause, but what does he do beside the celebrity shoulder rubbing thing and the occasional retweet? He was a no show at a Unicef event where they were expecting him to speak. I am glad he does something, but it always seems to be with his publicist in tow. I would not compare him to Matt Damon or Mia Farrow both of whom have done real work.

I too wonder what is up with his sense of style. He used to dress with some personality and could really rock a suit. Now he seems to wear the same white shirt and tired blue suit everywhere.

For someone who hasn't worked much this year, he looks pretty exhausted and prematurely aged.

by Anonymousreply 46008/30/2013

Why is this all about Hiddleston? What's the big deal? I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 46108/30/2013

I have no problem with his interview. "Irritating optimism" sounds like an awkward attempt at being self-deprecating, but that's about it. He was nowhere near as try-hard as he has been in the past. If all of his interviews were this professional, he would be fine.

I loved his Hollow Crown look as well, but his hairline looks like it is in retreat. I'm not sure he could pull that look again. I wish he would get a more flattering hairstyle, some new clothes in the rotation, and put on ten pounds. He just doesn't look healthy. Does he smoke or something?

by Anonymousreply 46208/30/2013

This thread is all over the place.

by Anonymousreply 46308/30/2013

[R460] and others,this no show at the UNICEF event is a Datalounge urban legend that has been taken as a fact.

I work at a UK national paper, and got a press release for the event. His name was on the bottom under a supporter, but not toward the top of the programme as a speaker so he wasn't a no show and didn't let anyone down.

Look, I even took a screenshot. Receipts. He was never meant to speak. My habit of never deleting e-mails came in handy, heh.

So hate him for being a privileged old Etonian but he didn't break any commitments here.

by Anonymousreply 46408/30/2013

lol hi Luke. Nice to see you defending your man/employer? Having a hard day?

by Anonymousreply 46508/30/2013

I think Tom is genuine, vain as hell but still a lovely person.

by Anonymousreply 46608/30/2013

My own source was a volunteer at the event in question who was staked out by the parking lot and admonished by the organizers to look for him and his people because he was expected to arrive. Eh whatever. I guess she just made that up or misunderstood.

The other red flag for me was how he brought his publicist along for his Unicef trip. It's a far cry from how other ambassadors have handled their work.

I'm sure he's a lovely person. Just a tad shallow.

by Anonymousreply 46708/30/2013

Oh for crying out loud. Look. He went all the way out there, he raised a lot of awareness. He was hands on and wasn't just there posing for pictures, he got involved. In what fricking world can that be turned into a negative? Many stars wouldn't even think of doing that, not in a million years.

As for his publicist being there - obviously he was. If there were press there, and cameras, his publicist should be there. No PR worth their gin would allow a client off out the country with a camera crew and not be there. When you see other celebrities on charity trips - their publicists are there too, they just don't get caught on camera.

Do you know how hard it is to get celeb involvement in charities? How many of them ask for money or something in return? This guy just did it. Good for him.

Come on, his involvement has raised awareness for UNICEF. Mission accomplished. Job done. There's no negative in that. None! Claws away. A thousand Hiddlestoners now know more about UNICEF, know about Syria. Maybe they wouldn't have done otherwise. Who knows.

You see what you've done DL? You've turned me into a motherfucking Frau! Drop me out...

by Anonymousreply 46808/30/2013

As for 'raising awareness', I'm pretty sure we knew there were poor people in Africa before Unicorn Prince Thomas went over there, stepped out of his golden Rolls Royce onto the hot sand and noticed some ragged looking children playing in the dust. I had never heard of such things until I saw those pictures of Tom wearing his plaid shirt in the desert. Luckily, the starving children helped improve his French vocabulary so it was a win-win for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 46908/30/2013

And it's not difficult to get celeb involvement in charities, especially if there's a camera crew and PR girls milling around. Do we even know if he gets paid for his Unicef stuff? I'd be surprised if he does it for free. Typing those tweets once a week really takes it out of him.

by Anonymousreply 47008/30/2013

comments like that are shit.

Agree or not, raising awareness for starving children is a good thing. Yes, people know that children in Africa are starving, but sadly, it becomes more real to them when someone they admire is out there, showing it first hand.

He did some good, he seemed affected by the experience and he continues to push for activism against poverty and starvation. As the other poster said, why is this a bad thing? Why is he convicted just because he comes from a wealthy background? Are people of wealth not allowed to be concerned about the world around them?

So many idiots, so little time

by Anonymousreply 47108/30/2013

I get so bored of the 'Tom is such a good person because he Raises Awareness'. As if a few tweets from a Unicef press pack are enough. Is he really (really, really) pushing for activism against starvation and poverty? Would he have gone a trip to Guinea if he had anything else to do, like a big film project? I doubt it. You need to think about this and not let your admiration/obsessive fangirling cloud your judgement over him.

No doubt you will say of course you've thought about this properly but most people say this and they just don't. And then get catty and defensive because omg look at his cute little face and heartbreaking tweets, he obvs cares soo much about those kids. Blah.

by Anonymousreply 47208/30/2013

I've thought about it and still don't see why people get the shits about it. He does what he can - why is that a bad thing. It's not his fault the world is so fucked up, people only start caring about stuff when a celebrity tells them to. That's just how it works, right or wrong.

And I used to work in the charity sector. I would very much doubt he gets paid in any way - that's a pretty shitty thing to say, actually.

And I don't think he's a perfect sparkly prince who shits rainbows and farts perfume, incidentally. I'm just a bit fed up of this whole 'anything he does is terrible' bollocks.

Unless the 'thing' he 'does' is me, which would be fucking amazing, natch.

by Anonymousreply 47308/30/2013

[R472]I am not saying that Tom Hiddleston is a saint, but your argument is ridiculous and self-contradictory. First you imply all he did was make a few tweets and then you talk about his trip to Guinea. Then you make a really dumb statement that he wouldn't have gone if he had been working on a film. Well, no shit Sherlock, If he was working at that time I doubt he would have gone to Guinea.

This does not; however, in anyway, change the fact that he did indeed go to Guinea, and not in a limo as someone else implied. He slept outside with mosquito netting, he traveled on rough roads, and saw up close and personal, the living conditions. He saw how they assess babies for chronic malnutrition, he learned that women in Guinea aren't educated about Breast Feeding, he wrote about it and asked his fans to donate ( oh the horror), which they did.

Have you gone to a third world nation? Have you inconvenienced yourself in anyway at all to benefit your fellow man?

I don't give a rats ass if you don't like this dude's acting or his persona, but stop acting like a dumb fuck by criticizing his efforts to prevent children from dying from malnutrition.

The backlash against this guy for trying to do a decent thing is weird. And yes, it was a publicized event, because, fucktard, that is what it was supposed to be. The point was to make more people aware and to solicit more donations. If he had gone over there on the downlow and not said a word about it, wtf good would that have done?

I am not a fangurl for Hiddleston. I find his public image OTT as far as pandering to his fans, I think he has talent but to me his looks a "meh", but a nice body. Seems talented enough for the things he has been in.

But I don't see the fucking point to hate on him for the Unicef thing. Dumb and Dumber.

Given that he is probably prone to the frailties that most narcissistic actors have, there will be other things to hate him for, if you find pleasure in that.

by Anonymousreply 47408/30/2013

I still don't think he had to completely stop the non-awareness tweets. Yeah the change of bio was fine but you can still show yourself on twitter without overreaching to rabid fangirls.

by Anonymousreply 47508/30/2013

Tom can't help it if he comes from a privileged background. He has acknowledged many times he is lucky and appreciates what he has. I applaud him for raising awareness. At least he is doing something!

by Anonymousreply 47608/30/2013

The only awareness Tom Hiddleston is interested in raising is awareness of Tom Hiddleston.

by Anonymousreply 47708/30/2013

There are scores of celebrities out there who are quietly doing charity work, even starting and running charities, and they do not bring along their publicists for photo ops. They even discourage attention that might be focused on themselves.

I appreciate any effort anyone makes to help starving children. I'm going to assume TH's heart is in the right place, at least superficially, but he is clueless, and his fans give him way too much credit for his "raising awareness" retweets while wearing Armani. They are in it for his attention, and he is in it for ours.

I think people assume he is in this for the publicity in large part because he seems to be in everything for the sake of publicity. He is all about the cameras. It may be he is a better person than this, I hope so, but he does set himself up for this.

by Anonymousreply 47808/30/2013

charity organizations need publicity. That's why they work with famous people

by Anonymousreply 47908/31/2013

Noticed some talk about other UK actors and about the UK acting world being real small unthread. Any tea on David Tennant? Gossip, past gossip, or just how he's regarded and how his career is going?

by Anonymousreply 48008/31/2013

Finally, R477 and R478 are people talking sense, hitting the points that have passed the admirers by.

by Anonymousreply 48108/31/2013

I have no tea on Tennant but his career is going pretty well. He's done two particularly well-regarded TV dramas this year and he's about to do Dick II for the RSC, first in Stratford then at the Barbican (this is a bigger, more prestigious production than Hiddles' Coriolanus - Donmar is kinda equatable to a cool indy film).

by Anonymousreply 48208/31/2013

New (stolen) pictures from OLLA

by Anonymousreply 48308/31/2013

well well

by Anonymousreply 48408/31/2013

Ugh, that wig is TERRIBLE. Love Jarmusch, though

by Anonymousreply 48508/31/2013

Seriously,problem now have a problem for him doing charity work? Do You hear yourselves?nothing semes to ever be ok here.if the hair is ok,his skin is a problem,if not ,it's a tanline. You need acual dirt and since there's none, this place is becoming ridiculous. Someone do some trolling fast or there's will be comments about his socks.

by Anonymousreply 48708/31/2013

His socks? They probably smell if he changes them as (in)frequently as his trousers/shirts.

by Anonymousreply 48808/31/2013

I'm sure there will be tea from TIFF. Maybe another thirsty girl will jump on him.

by Anonymousreply 48908/31/2013

[R488] could someone please explain WTF is up with him wearing the same clothes all the time this past year? It's the same damned white shirt everywhere. I guess he has given up on bagging a GQ cover or something? This man has no style whatsoever.

[R489] I think he is doing his best to avoid tea at all costs. Too much promo coming up, and Thor 2 needs butts in seats. Expect lots of nervous chatter about Shakespeare and how Thor and Loki are just like King Lear, etc. Nothing else. He needs his fangirls.

by Anonymousreply 49008/31/2013

I think he has multiple white shirts.

He seems to have favorite articles of clothing and wears them over and over again. Underwear? I don't think he owns a pair.

by Anonymousreply 49109/01/2013

I'm pretty sure he's like mariah Carey and has a closet just for white shirts.but i mean,they do look nice so i don't see the do remember he is a guy though,right? As in "just give me something to put on and get it over with aready".so that shirt is a safe escape.but he can pull of a suit and a leather jacket and that's pretty rare.

Btw, I bet he has at least one pair of red underwear

by Anonymousreply 49209/01/2013

the only underwears he's got

by Anonymousreply 49309/01/2013

And probably underwear that says "Loki'd" that a fangirl sent him.

by Anonymousreply 49409/01/2013

Haha R494 exactly!

by Anonymousreply 49509/01/2013

I am sure his one pair of bro-knickers is bright red with a giant mustache (Wendy! That's where you've been hiding!) right on the y-front. We all know where his priorities really are.

by Anonymousreply 49609/01/2013

His skin though...

by Anonymousreply 49709/02/2013

She looks exactly how I picture all of his fans. Young, sloppy, and obese.

by Anonymousreply 49809/02/2013

Clearly his skin has (whatever the cause) a predisposition to overproduce melanin and contrary to what people say, peeling, exfoliation and laser would just make it worse. So take him as he is or leave him.

by Anonymousreply 49909/02/2013

Rush premiere in london tonight. I bet he's gonna be there

by Anonymousreply 50009/02/2013

Dressing with one of his suit, as usual

by Anonymousreply 50109/02/2013

What, miss any chance on any red carpet? Hiddleston?

He will be there and he will find a way to grab his photo op. If he is wearing the same blue suit and white shirt, Luke is just not doing his job.

My bet is on the Armani suit and no underwear. Someone will surely photograph his crotch for Tumblr and he knows it. He counts on it. Going commando in such a fine suit sounds skanky to me, but its what he does.

I think he would benefit heavily from a glycolic acid peel. His skin would be red for a few days, but would improve significantly after that, but only if he were highly committed to using sunscreen. What is this problem with using sunscreen folks? Is he a smoker? That too could explain the crappy skin and the lines around his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 50209/02/2013

Like any dermatologist worth the name would tell you, that would only make his stratum corneum thinner and even more sensitive to sunlight. But sunscreen, 24/7, all year long, would be a good thing. As for the reasons, his skin might simply be predisposed. I doubt it's smoke, he's a runner.

by Anonymousreply 50309/02/2013

fair baby skin

by Anonymousreply 50409/02/2013

blue suit, white shirt and alone.

by Anonymousreply 50509/02/2013

Just boring me at this point.

by Anonymousreply 50609/02/2013

No Arthy. Your honor I rest my case

by Anonymousreply 50709/02/2013

What's on your phone Hiddleston?

by Anonymousreply 50809/02/2013

He didn't stop, only wave. OH OH OH

by Anonymousreply 50909/02/2013

What, he didn't sign any autographs for all the teenage girls that probably waited all day?

And I've been staring at that phone picture and can't figure out what it is, but can't figure it out. anyone have a guess?

by Anonymousreply 51009/02/2013

No official pictures? He didn't pose on red carpet? I CAN'T BELIEVE IT

by Anonymousreply 51109/02/2013

isn't this pic? he was probably checking his twitter.

by Anonymousreply 51209/02/2013

I think he's looking at a screenshot from OLLA but in my defense it's labor day and I've been high all day

by Anonymousreply 51309/02/2013

Hopefully he was low key out of respect for his friend Hemsworth.

I think the previews for Rush look really good. I hope it gets good reviews and wide release. Hemsworth as Thor is just "meh" to me, but when he isn't in that wig and costume, he is a good looking guy, and I would like to see him show if he has any actual acting chops. I thought he was decent in his short scene in the first Star Trek, Thor was just so so, Avengers, he didn't have much to do, and I never saw The Snow White movie. Yet he gives off a vibe of a nice guy, so I would like to seem him do well. Pictures of him holding his daughter sort of make me melt

by Anonymousreply 51409/02/2013

OLLA screenshot for me too

by Anonymousreply 51509/02/2013

I don't think "Low Key" is in that man's vocabulary.

by Anonymousreply 51609/02/2013

He looked very serious in those Rush premiere pics. Or maybe it was those rumours of his friend Benny being cast in Star Wars and not a word about him? I wonder.

by Anonymousreply 51709/02/2013

Why that same old fucking tired suit? Why ask why though. His skin needs some good cream and lay off that harsh foundation he seems to have to wear like those white shirts and that effing tired blue suit. Give me that man in a casual leather jacket and black jeans. Wonder if his handlers (not Luke) have told him to dress like this?

by Anonymousreply 51809/02/2013

R508 Looks almost like Tumblr dashboard. Imagine that. The fangirls there would have a complete meltdown. His tag is embarrassing but he is narcissistic enough dude to track his own tag.

by Anonymousreply 51909/02/2013

For the record,if I was famous, the Hiddleston kind, not the Madonna kind of famous,I'd probably tumblr myself too

by Anonymousreply 52009/02/2013

Wait , did anyone even assume Arthy was gonna be the? You guys are funny.

by Anonymousreply 52109/02/2013

You know what it means if he tracks tumblr,right? That he has an account,you don'tget that dash as a guest.first to find his tumblr gets a puppy!

by Anonymousreply 52209/02/2013

What if it's the crotch one?

by Anonymousreply 52309/02/2013

R507 & 521: Arthy couldn't attend the Rush premiere because Tom sent her out to buy him new suits, socks and underwear!

Sorry, couldn't resist, LOL...

by Anonymousreply 52409/02/2013

R521 No sensible person would, the pointing out is for the ones who keep saying "we don't know what's going on, he might be doing it to protect her"

by Anonymousreply 52509/03/2013

More Hiddleconda

by Anonymousreply 52609/03/2013

I take great delight in Cumberbatch's career getting white hot (which he deserves) and Hiddleston fretting.

by Anonymousreply 52709/03/2013

Luke the baby sitter wasn't there so he couldn't stop on red carpet

by Anonymousreply 52809/03/2013

Why is that, r 528? I mean, surely Tom can stop on the red carpet on his own or is there some unwritten rule about that?

by Anonymousreply 52909/03/2013

@529 "Luke the baby sitter" do you smell irony in the air?

by Anonymousreply 53009/03/2013

R521 plus, you know, Arthy is back following people on twitter that TH follows so some of his fans make assumptions.

by Anonymousreply 53109/03/2013

I wanna pat her head "don't worry silly girl everything is ok. Yeah,sure,of course he loves you"

by Anonymousreply 53209/03/2013

read this and laughed because poor TH there's no mention of him or OLLA (or Tilda for that matter).

by Anonymousreply 53309/03/2013

R532 it's too bad that Arthy unfollowing of TheLoveBook account didn't receive the attention it deserved, that was really funny.

by Anonymousreply 53409/03/2013

[R534] We should start a support group for those unfollowed by Jane where they can share feeling, thoughts,pain....or maybe find out for the first time Jane Arthy exists

by Anonymousreply 53509/03/2013

[R534] Why did she do that again?

by Anonymousreply 53609/03/2013

Jane is supposed to be going with Tom to the GQ men of the year party tonight. You all don't know shit.

There should be pics. I really shouldn't be on datalounge anymore

by Anonymousreply 53709/03/2013

R537 oh so that's why she started following GQ? All hell will break loose tonight then.

by Anonymousreply 53809/03/2013

I find this video so funny, but mainly because of the added sounds by fangirls on them. It's not better than that girl filming his ass and going "omg omg omg" but still

by Anonymousreply 53909/03/2013

Well wonderful then [R537] finally something happening!

by Anonymousreply 54009/03/2013

R536 TheLoveBook posted a link to a online mag that was advertising their app and the tweet went like this

"Tom Hiddleston may be dating (..), but you can pretend he's your boyfriend with a new app called “The Love Book.”

Afterward Arthy unfollow the account. The why I don't get.

by Anonymousreply 54109/03/2013

Such exciting news! So tonight we'll find out whether he's a cheating asshole or she's a full grown fangirl?

by Anonymousreply 54209/03/2013

R537 she is "supposed"? So what she's thinking about it? She snobbed yesterday première to make her debut at his arm at a more important event? And how do you know this in the first place? Maybe she started following GQ to check if TH goes alone.

by Anonymousreply 54309/03/2013

Am I the only one who still finds it weird that he unfollowed her and then went to dinner with Lara Pulver? I mean good on her f they show up together, but the dude has quite weird strategies then.

Or we just don't get his evil genius yet

by Anonymousreply 54409/03/2013

R544 Weird unless it was a way to declare "I'm single". After that even if they show up together tonight, I don't see a great future.

by Anonymousreply 54509/03/2013

Unless she's already pregnant! Hahaha that would be so great I'd laugh for days.

I'm sure he'd be traumatized but you're stuck with it

by Anonymousreply 54609/03/2013

That's gonna be a fun night. In any case

by Anonymousreply 54709/03/2013

Hiddleston will marry - if he ever marries anyone - someone like him. Either someone British from his semi-aristo background who has some kind of arts interest, or a patrician American of a similar background (not personality) to Goop.

That's how these posh boys do.

Having said that, I think Arthy is his current squeeze.

by Anonymousreply 54809/03/2013

Find a new thread, this almost done! Apparently we are going to have a lot of talking here. quick!

by Anonymousreply 54909/03/2013

She is or was.But if she is...why unfollow if you're gonna throw her to the public anyway?

I'm just curious if she actually shows up tonight of if the trolls are just back in town. In any case, if thou art of the troll kind, you're definitely a fangirl because...who even knew the GQ awards were tonight?

by Anonymousreply 55009/03/2013

[R549] are there even Hiddleston threads left?

by Anonymousreply 55109/03/2013

R550 Exactly. Even more, if she shows up with him or he'll be alone. She might be going but not with him.

New thread could be this one?

by Anonymousreply 55209/03/2013

Probably trolls. If he is really gonna take her then she's kinda thirsty since he unfollowed her so abruptly. He still follows that one Marvel girl too.

by Anonymousreply 55309/03/2013

But I hope there are more letters of betrayal about Hiddles banging someone attractive and how she's probably so shallow because she's pretty.

by Anonymousreply 55409/03/2013

Agree with 550&552. It's her kind of event (for her job)

by Anonymousreply 55509/03/2013

But I sometimes think of the massacre if he was spotted with Taylor Swift.

by Anonymousreply 55609/03/2013

R554 She is shallow, but not because she is pretty. (see the unfollowing of TheLoveBook, or the following/unfollowing of Joss Whedon and Nathan Fillion. All done to show TH she is still interested...or desperate for his attention)

by Anonymousreply 55709/03/2013

If they'll show together, but I really don't think so, she is with a man who keeps hiding her for two months? Great

by Anonymousreply 55809/03/2013

I got stuck at 'she is pretty'. She is? I think she looks like 90% of the women who have a similar corporate job in London. I'm serious, go on the street and I challenge you to not find 5 who look like her in under 2 minutes. She's common in every single way,shape and form. From the ombre hair to the clothing.

Would be cool if he'd find someone interesting. I mean someone who draws your attention because I'm still not fully sure I remember what this woman's face looks like

by Anonymousreply 55909/03/2013

[R558] That's someone who is either really obsessed,really insecure or just wants someone famous.

Either way, neither of those are good options. You can't have self esteem and let the dude go on about it as he did. I'd kick him to the curve, with all the white shirt collective

by Anonymousreply 56009/03/2013

How do you know he's bringing her to the GQ thing? Because she started following them? She started following someone who runs a 'film learning programme' too which is funny.

Apparently he ran down the red carpet at the Rush prem and didn't speak to anyone.

by Anonymousreply 56109/03/2013

She should have snuck some dick pics on her iPhone.

by Anonymousreply 56209/03/2013

@561 Not apparently, it was what he did

by Anonymousreply 56309/03/2013

And what was it that HE did?

by Anonymousreply 56409/03/2013

Went to the Rush premiere. Ran down the red carpet and didn't speak to anyone. Someone also took a picture of him looking at his phone during the film.

by Anonymousreply 56509/03/2013

Listen [R563] you either know something or you say it or let it be. This beating around the bush is classic troll. Form explicit sentences, it's not hard for someone who knows something and already came here with the intention of spilling

by Anonymousreply 56609/03/2013

[R565] Yes...and the point is? Remember people in here saying he'd go to the opening of an email? When my cat was sick, I also looked at my phone. When I'm bored I also do the same. When I'm curious,guess what? Phone again. I'm sure he knows more than one person who could have interacted with him via phone. Maybe he was just tumblin'. And isn't he off to Toronto for OLLA? When is that? Maybe he was in a rush. Bam! Pun. Anon out

by Anonymousreply 56709/03/2013

R566 - R563 was simply replying to R561. They said "apparently" he ran down a red carpet without speaking to anyone. R563 said it was "apparently", he just did it. Stop being stupid and read posts properly.

by Anonymousreply 56809/03/2013

R567 - same goes for you R565 was simply replying to 564. As for Toronto and OLLA, the first screening for OLLA is this Thursday, so yeah in theory he should be on his way to Toronto.

by Anonymousreply 56909/03/2013

I'm really curious if anything happens tonight,or if he shows up at all.Don't suppose he's winning anything,is he?

by Anonymousreply 57009/03/2013

He hasn't done anything this year, winning for what?

by Anonymousreply 57109/03/2013

GQ is for fashion. He shot that horse in the face.

by Anonymousreply 57209/03/2013

GQ Awards seems an event like MET Gala, where people go to be seen regardless of whether or not one has a reason to be there.

So even if he is not getting an award he might go just for PR. And leave for Toronto after the party. Or maybe not. We'll see.

by Anonymousreply 57309/03/2013

He's always listed in GQ's 'fashionable men of the week' wearing that same suit every single time. The polo pics were listed recently.

by Anonymousreply 57409/03/2013

It's British GQ and the awards are a pointless PR exercise. Of course he'll be there.

by Anonymousreply 57509/03/2013

When do the festivities begin then? I'm curious. Mostly about the choice of suit

Btw, we move into that other Hiddleston being a good actor thread when this one goes over capacity?

by Anonymousreply 57609/03/2013

In a hour I think. If he goes, since nobody knows for sure right now, I guess Mcqueen tux? The one he used in Cannes.

by Anonymousreply 57709/03/2013

Oh how I wish he'd show up in a white t-shirt. That would be monumental, but he'd never do it. But if we could at least get a black or gray suit, the world would be ok. Blue clashes with his current ginger way too much

by Anonymousreply 57809/03/2013

576 yes, move there

by Anonymousreply 57909/03/2013

light grey suit from iron man 3 premiere wasn't bad

by Anonymousreply 58009/03/2013

Personally, Arthy or no Arthy, my question is: why when someone meet him around London he's always alone (nearly always)

by Anonymousreply 58109/03/2013

[R581] Because he probably enjoys his own company and freedom more than the company of a current squeeze. But then again, how often do people who are fans bump into him? Maybe the rest of 99% of the time he's all lovey dovey with the/a lady.

Tho the latter isn't too probable

by Anonymousreply 58209/03/2013

R581 he's single, simplest reason.

by Anonymousreply 58309/03/2013

lovey dovey like in wimbledon picture?

Sorry, I couldn't resist

by Anonymousreply 58409/03/2013

"army of models" and we know how much he loves "army"

by Anonymousreply 58509/03/2013

[R584] Touche' ! Exactly like that, maybe with an even more clenched fist

by Anonymousreply 58609/03/2013

[R585] Come now come, "allegedly" he'll be there with Arthy. ( Is it Arthy or Arthly?...nevermind)

by Anonymousreply 58709/03/2013

if he's going be there

by Anonymousreply 58809/03/2013

I smell a GQ no show

by Anonymousreply 58909/03/2013

In empire magazine it was saying that OLLA is going to be shown in October at the London film festival.

by Anonymousreply 59009/03/2013

He's at the awards wearing a tux.

by Anonymousreply 59109/03/2013

Does he have a date?

by Anonymousreply 59209/03/2013

alone it seems

by Anonymousreply 59309/03/2013

Alone. allegedly. supposedly

by Anonymousreply 59409/03/2013

Just because janes not doing interviews with him doesn't mean she's not there..

by Anonymousreply 59509/03/2013

even Sian was behind him during interview

by Anonymousreply 59609/03/2013

she is here, she is in a box under his table

by Anonymousreply 59709/03/2013

I think it's safe to say he was without a date.

by Anonymousreply 59809/03/2013

R595 are you the troll that said she was supposed to go with him?

by Anonymousreply 59909/03/2013

Maybe she can be there for her job, but she's not there with him

by Anonymousreply 60009/03/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!