Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Christie denies Sandy link to climate change: It’s ‘liberal public radio’ agenda

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) on Monday blasted local public radio in New York and New Jersey for linking climate change to Hurricane Sandy as part of what he said was a liberal “agenda.”

A WNYC/New Jersey Public Radio report released earlier this month found that New Jersey Transit had not prepared for storms brought on by climate change like Hurricane Sandy.

A reporter for the public radio station asked Christie for a reaction to the report at an ceremony for boardwalk repair in Lavallette on Monday.

“Well, first of all, I don’t agree with the premise of your question because I don’t think there’s been any proof thus far that Sandy was caused by climate change,” the governor replied. “But I would absolutely expect that that’s exactly what WNYC would say, because you know liberal public radio always has an agenda.”

“And so since I disagree with the premise of your question, I don’t feel like I have to answer the rest of it.”

Following the super storm last year, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) had quickly come to conclusion that climate change had a role.

“It’s a longer conversation, but I think part of learning from this is the recognition that climate change is a reality, extreme weather is a reality, it is a reality that we are vulnerable,” Cuomo said.

Listen to this audio from WYNC, broadcast May 21, 2013.

by Anonymousreply 705/21/2013

Christie's no friend to Democrats or common sense, which is generally what only Democrats possess. If he's running for President, he'll have to talk like the crazies and that will be his downfall.

by Anonymousreply 105/21/2013

No matter. Steve Addobato of PBS will still lick Christie's balls, giving him hours of free positive publicity in "interviews" on channel 13.

by Anonymousreply 205/21/2013

God these idiots are planning their own doom, all over the world- is really is amazing, willful ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 305/21/2013

Oh, look at the big pander bear! Pander to your lunatic base, Christie! You big cuddly pander bear you!

by Anonymousreply 405/21/2013

[quote]No matter. Steve Addobato of PBS will still lick Christie's balls

Can you find them?

by Anonymousreply 505/21/2013

I hate his politics, and anyone who doesn't believe climate change is responsible for the devastating storms worldwide is an idiot.

This is an awesome line though and I'm going to steal it!

[quote]“And so since I disagree with the premise of your question, I don’t feel like I have to answer the rest of it.”

by Anonymousreply 605/21/2013

Science is an agenda?

by Anonymousreply 705/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!