Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Oklahoma Tornado ... God's Plan

These people are getting what they deserve. They are nothing but a bunch of bible-thumping, gay-hating, 2nd amendment abusing, Bu$h-voting rednecks.

all the injured are going to expect the gubb'ment to pay for their medical expenses ... but they all hate Obamacare!!

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 7806/25/2013

This reminds me a lot of the rednecks who said that AIDS was part of God's plan, that the homos were getting what they deserved, etc.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 105/21/2013

Everyone is a libertarian until a disaster hits, then suddenly they're demanding the Federal Government help out.

Conservatives and libertarians are such self-absorbed selfish hypocrites.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 205/21/2013

Amen, R2.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 305/21/2013

To quote Hannibal Lecter, people who live in Tornado Alley are tornado bait. This town had already been hit twice by massive tornados... I think they should move.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 505/21/2013

It took almost the same path twice before this one hit. They should probably should think twice about rebuilding there.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 705/21/2013

What a shitty thing to post, OP. There were also liberals killed in the tornado as well. Not everyone in Oklahoma is 100% conservative. And little kids were killed too.

You are a POS.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 805/21/2013

Wow OP. You sound like a winner.

Actually, no. You sound like a sad, lonely, hurt person.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 1005/21/2013

Relax. Yesterday there were 51 dead, today there are only 24 dead. By tomorrow it will be only 12 dead and next week it will be 8 dead. It wasn't so bad after all.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 1105/21/2013

Get me the fuck outta Oklahoma!!!!!

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 1205/21/2013

God hates Republicans

God hates states that deny climate change

God hates Conservatives

God hates religious intolerance

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 1305/21/2013

It was God's plan that the musical numbers would be fully integrated with the book material and that is how we ended up with OKLAHOMA!

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 1405/21/2013

Actually Numero 15-o, you light up on troll-dar as the mentally unbalanced person talking to himself...

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 1605/21/2013

LOL No one has posted more on this thread than R15

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 1705/21/2013

There are all kinds of people there, OP. 42% of Oklahoma City voters went for Obama.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 1805/21/2013

But most of them believe the, "We caint dig unnerground in this here hard packed clay!" bullshit, R18.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 1905/21/2013

Oklahoma is home to the biggest climate change deniers in the country (in particular, Inhofe). And OK senators and reps voted unanimously against aid for Hurricane Sandy victims.

I'd say this is a clear case of just desserts.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 2005/21/2013

I have to admit to some these thoughts, be honest everyone. Sen. James Inhoffe is one of the biggest Global Warming deniers on earth. BUT, I honestly feel compassion for these people despite our differences. That's what makes us human, right?

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 2105/21/2013

R19-I'm not expert on the geology of the plains but I suspect that given the prevalence of tornados, people would build basements if they could do it economically. So I'm inclined to believe the locals when they say the soil is too hard to build basements without great expense.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 2205/21/2013

R20, are you suggesting that 9 random children deserved to die because of things that Senator Inhofe does? It sounds like your political zeal has caused you to lose sight of your own humanity. That is an easy trap to fall into.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 2305/21/2013

R18, Moore is a suburb of OKC. Just 37% of voters went for Obama in 2012. What's scary is that Cleveland county, in Moore, was the only the second highest margin Obama received in OK statewide.

I'm sure all the conservatives were against government "handouts" during the election, up until yesterday.

Luckily, the rest of the country will give them the help they need right now, which is ironic considering it was just a few months ago that their asshat senators voted against Sandy relief. Now, when it hits their own constituents, they are suddenly accepting it with open arms.

Conservatives don't care about helping others until it personally impacts them.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 2505/21/2013

There are getting to be an awful lot of posts consisting of nothing more than calling another poster an idiot when the first person has written a perfectly logical post and the person crying "idiot" is spouting nonsense.

They are going to ruin "idiot."

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 2605/21/2013

37% is plenty to support my contention that there are all sorts of people there.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 2705/21/2013

Tom Coburn: Supports two unfunded wars... yet refuses his own constituents the much needed disaster relief. He's actually insisting on budget cuts (for poor people, naturally, not himself or wealthy donors) to offset any spending on disaster relief in his own representative area.

Jesus Christ, Republicans have no morals, ethics, or shame.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 2805/21/2013

No, R26, the person being called idiot is being a fucking idiot, and isn't "getting" what is being said, and is being a pedantic retard who is missing the entire point. In other words, those being called 'idiots' are actually being idiots.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 2905/21/2013

Obama lost every single county in OK to Rmoney. They can go to hell.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 3005/21/2013

OP, wow! Talk about a post that sinks to the kind of disgusting arrogant crap that it purports to condemn!

The irony. The irony.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 3105/21/2013

[quote] I'm inclined to believe the locals when they say the soil is too hard to build basements without great expense.

NJ built basements in granite.

My basement was built in hard packed clay. They use these things called "bulldozers."

The OK House of Representatives stopped work and all went into the building's underground shelter while school kids were holding onto above ground walls.

They can dig oil rigs -- they can dig an underground storm shelter. The builders don't want to do it most don't know how to do it.

Yes, it costs more to have a house with a basement. But when you live in an area where building code demands you put the foundation below the frostline, it's funny how people manage to pay for it.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 3205/21/2013

I didn't realize that northeasterners were the only citizens with basements. You learn something new every day.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 3405/21/2013

i have a basement. ain't gonna do me no good in an earthquake.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 3505/21/2013

Let's leave basements aside. For a few thousand dollars homes could have a safe room built out of concrete blocks, but Oklahoma building codes don't require it because that would be communist nanny-state behavior.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 3605/21/2013

I feel mnore for the horses lost than the people. That state is full of haters, anti gay, anti semitic, and anti everything that they should be pro. Fuck them. I hope those Senators grovel for the money.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 3705/21/2013

[quote] I didn't realize that northeasterners were the only citizens with basements. You learn something new every day.

And where did you learn that?

Not here on datalounge. Nobody has claimed that northeasterners are the only people with basements. It has been pointed out, however, that northeastern building codes require that houses be built with a foundation that is below the frost line. Since it was determined that 5 feet underground is safe from frost, people decided to add 3 feet, put in a floor and use the underground area for storage. Thus the basement was born and many municipalities in the northeast require basements now in single family homes.

So if you want to claim that your soil is too hard or too sandy or too wet for a basement, then you'll have to explain to millions of people in that part of the country why their sandy soil, or hard soil, or wet soil is able to support a basement, since there are all kinds of soil types in the northeast part of the country where basements are required by building codes.

In warmer parts of the country, building codes don't require foundation footings be 5 feet underground. Many people in warmer parts of the country would like to have basements, but a lot of builders will tell them they can't have them because the builders don't want to be bothered. But rather than say, "We don't want to make a basement," they say, "You can't have a basement around here. The ground's no good."

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 3805/21/2013

It was God's will.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 3905/21/2013

"I think they should move."

But where else can I buy a house for $12,000?

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 4005/21/2013

The irony is most people these days are looking to downsize because so many people have too many possessions. These people had it happen in less than an hour.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 4105/21/2013

If they had insurance, it might work out OK.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 4205/21/2013

Above ground safe rooms aren't going to protect you if your house is directly hit by an F-5 tornado. You need an underground shelter, or get in your car and hightail it out of there.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 4305/21/2013

Where the fuck are the storm cellars or basements? Seriously these are the people who are constantly carping about individual responsibility. Okay, then why the fuck do you build a house in a place where 3 massive tornadoes have touched down in the last 2 decades? WTF? Throw the repeat hurricane victims in there too. It's really hard to understand this? Your freedoms don't included the freedom of stupidity..oh wait..maybe they do.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 4605/21/2013

According to Anderson they have a problem with flooding in basements. The odds of being hit by a tornado while trapped in your home were previously thought to be quite low.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 4705/21/2013

considering that OK is pretty much the most conservative state in the union, this is ironic.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 4805/21/2013

Isn't Oklahoma full of Tea Partiers? And don't they believe that people should take care of themselves without government help?

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 4905/21/2013

They should not build in Moore again. 3 tornados, 2 of them EF 5's, that followed the same track.

There is something wrong!

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 5005/21/2013

Well, not exactly. They feel like the middle class and poor people should take care of themselves...they believe rich people should get tax breaks and every other break that is available.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 5105/21/2013

[quote]don't they believe that people should take care of themselves without government help?

They don't believe anything. Conservatives are emotional reactionaries who simply fear everything and are easy to goad into making declarations like the "belief" you describe. Tools used by their wealthy manipulators.

In reality, they're pretty much just hateful people who like to shit on others but cry crocodile tears for government dollars when they encounter misfortune.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 5205/21/2013

Father, it's astounding that Fred Phelps eroticizes these tornados as some kind of homoerotic funnel job while he is kneeling in his storm proof closet.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 5305/21/2013

Love how the freepers on here deliberately miss the point.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 5505/21/2013

OP, how dare you discount our fellow American citizens!

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 5705/21/2013

[R54] - "So going by OPs logic about how these people deserve this tradgedy"

Oh, dear.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 5905/22/2013

And so many of these people ... were underprivileged anyway, so this -- this is working very well for them :)

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 6005/22/2013

bump

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 6105/23/2013

Dorothy's Aunt and Uncle managed to build a storm shelter in Kansas. Lot of good it did her.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 6205/23/2013

"Relax. Yesterday there were 51 dead, today there are only 24 dead. By tomorrow it will be only 12 dead and next week it will be 8 dead"

RELAX? It sounds like the beginning of a fucking Zombie apocalypse...

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 6305/23/2013

The political establishment in OK deserves to be mocked. But 1 out of 3 people in OK voted for Obama in the 2012 election, and that's not an insignificant number.

It's the problem with the "all or nothing" electoral college process - everyone in the state is tarred with the same brush.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 6405/23/2013

Then again, there was that poor woman who was justifiably upset over the loss of her dog, when the little fella crawled out from the wreckage of what had been her home. And she said then that God had saved her and her little dog, too.

I was touched by that - and actually sent a clip of the video to another dog-owner - until the irony struck me like an F-5 f tornado. Her comment would indicate that God - who took time to save her and her dog - cared more about them than he did about those children who died.

Perhaps the Right(wing) Reverend Fred Phelps will show up at funerals down there with signs saying "God Hates Oklahoma." That would explain it all to these folks.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 6505/23/2013

R59 yes badly written.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 6605/23/2013

Does the DL dislike religion or God?

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 6705/23/2013

No question the Oklahoma tornado is part of God's plan. As part of that plan, He took those people to a better place (one presumably, that would be better prepared for future storms).

What is also clear is that God brought this tornado to Oklahoma because He was sick & tired of all the evangelical hatred - against gays & other convenient targets - that He heard spewing from the Dust Belt.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 6805/23/2013

Bump

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 6905/27/2013

PBS is rerunning the 2004 NOVA episode about tornadoes which features Moore, OK.

It is noted at the beginning of the episode that Moore is a tornado magnet. So it's been known for years that Moore suffers tornadoes. There's no reason why people who are rebuilding houses shouldn't put in storm shelters.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 7005/27/2013

Sorry, this is the correct link

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 7105/27/2013

If I lived in Moore, I'd take my insurance money and move on. People don't need a huge house, they need a safe house.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 7205/27/2013

If they had more guns, they could just shoot the tornado!!

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 7305/27/2013

This thread is symptomatic of the great American political divide in the 21st Century. We can't muster sympathy because we hate the other side's political dogma.

I can't say I blame anyone here though. The Tea Party and Conservatives like Coburn and climate change-denier Inhofe have done their fair share in dividing this country along political lines.

Coburn is an interesting person. He knows that federal aid will be given to Oklahoma despite his objections and yapping out "offsetting the aid with cuts." It's a win-win for him. His supporters will say he's consistent; and OK will still get the aid. Coburn knows how to play the game.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 7405/27/2013

[quote] Century. We can't muster sympathy because we hate the other side's political dogma.

No. It's because a sprawlburb has been in the direct path of at least 4 significant tornadoes -- two of them were F4-5. Stop rebuilding. Move.

I feel the same way about the people six miles away from me whose houses teeter on a spit of sand. Stop rebuilding. Move.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 7605/27/2013

R75, may The Lord smote you down for your hateful post!

He in His Glory has obviously punished the wicked people of Oklahoma for stealing the Seattle SuperSonics. And now He will punish you for your ignorance about how The Lord works, in all His strange and wondrous ways.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 7705/27/2013

R75 = self-loathing lesbian idiot.

by Where's Pat Robertson Now?reply 7806/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.