Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Gut Fat - WHY

I am a physically active, normally proportioned person. However, WHENEVER I gain weight, it goes directly to my belly. Right now, due to some stress at work/overeating, I look like I have swallowed a balloon ball. It's out of proportion to the rest of my body and frankly embarrassing. Working out doesn't even seem to help it.

Any advice???

by About to drop a litter of kittensreply 1105/21/2013

I just met with a nutritionist yesterday. I also carry fat in my belly. She said it could be a sign of insulin resistance. She said to limit carbs because it can be stored as fat in the belly. She didn't say much else-I'll have to ask.

by About to drop a litter of kittensreply 105/21/2013

It's the carbs and sugar. I switched to the primal diet and was amazed at how my belly shrank.

by About to drop a litter of kittensreply 205/21/2013

Carbs definitely go straight to my gut. Whenever I stop drinking and / or go low carb I notice a flatter belly within days.

by About to drop a litter of kittensreply 305/21/2013

OP, do you drink beer. It can really enhance gut fat.

by About to drop a litter of kittensreply 405/21/2013

Understand the difference between fat and bloat. If you eat sugar, bad carbs and drink beer it's hardly a mystery. Sort out your nutrition.

by About to drop a litter of kittensreply 605/21/2013

How old are you, OP?

by About to drop a litter of kittensreply 705/21/2013

Could someone please explain "bad carbs" to me?

I am 36.

by About to drop a litter of kittensreply 805/21/2013

Good carbs=fruit and vegetables

Bad carbs=all other carbs

by About to drop a litter of kittensreply 905/21/2013

Gut fat is a bad sign. You are especially prone to heart attacks if your fat mostly gathers in that area.

by About to drop a litter of kittensreply 1005/21/2013

The way most people use it good carbs are complex whole grain carbs that have protein and fiber and take a while for your body to digest. Simple carbs like sugar an white bread digest really quickly and spike your blood sugar and are bad for your metabolism.

And yes, carbs do bloat you and can lead to the gut.

by About to drop a litter of kittensreply 1105/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.