Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Zoe Saldana kinda/sorta comes out in the latest issue of Allure magazine

She describes herself as "androgynous", says she might raise kids with a woman one day and refuses to say if she has been in a relationship with a woman when asked....

Now we know why Bradley Cooper dated her

by Anonymousreply 5008/02/2014

by Anonymousreply 105/21/2013

idk R1, there have been rumours about her bisexuality for years. Then the bearding situation with Cooper.

I think she's poking her head out of the closet.

by Anonymousreply 205/21/2013

Testing the waters. Dive in, baby, the water's fine!

by Anonymousreply 305/21/2013

More like another actress wanting attention. She has two films, Star Trek and the film with Green Gum coming out soon.

by Anonymousreply 405/21/2013

Why can't Bradley Cooper just find a nice girl?

by Anonymousreply 505/21/2013

Oh, please. This is just the usual bullshit female celebs do because they think it makes them look "edgy" and "cool" and will get them some publicity. You can thank that old whore Madonna for starting this stupid gimmick back in the early 90's.

by Anonymousreply 605/21/2013

I would usually agree with you R6, but there have been rumours and blinds about her before she ever said anything to any magazine.

by Anonymousreply 705/21/2013

R7 There's rumors about EVERYONE in Hollywood being gay.

by Anonymousreply 805/21/2013

R5 He has a nice girl, his mom. I imagine her one day sitting in a rocking chair Bradley's fruit cellar.

by Anonymousreply 905/21/2013

I might agree with you r6 but Black entertainers are not known to play that card with the Black community being as religious as they are, that is a White girl game because they can afford to play it. If a girl of color says things like that she is probably telling the truth.

by Anonymousreply 1005/21/2013

The black community doesn't want to claim her and she knows it. She isn't helping with the Nina biopic upcoming, thats for sure. The black community isn't her bread and butter.

by Anonymousreply 1105/21/2013

Called this long ago. We can spot our own.

by Anonymousreply 1205/21/2013

She is totally masculine looking to me. Butch.

by Anonymousreply 1305/21/2013

Isn't she about 36 or 38 at this point?

by Anonymousreply 1505/21/2013

Hollywood gay actresses: gay and actively bearding (merkining?), or not bearding but closeted, portrayed as "single gals about town". Hollywood bi actresses: always eager to state that they are "label-less" and open to being with a woman, but only ever talk about openly about their male partners and inevitably end up married to a man. Hollywood straight actresses: claim to be "fluid" to titillate straight, male audiences, might be hetero-flexible to advance their careers.

by Anonymousreply 1605/21/2013

R6 nails it. Thread closed!

If anything she sounds like she's looking for a man. She only "pings" as a bullshitter.

by Anonymousreply 1905/21/2013

She comes across as dumb as a box of rocks, not very bright at all. She was on Jimmy Fallon last week, she repeatedly had to be bleeped, she kept cursing throughout.

I recall, years ago, when she first hit the acting scene, she kept talking about sex being one of the favorite hobbies.

She also has the ugliest feet on the planet! Long bony toes with lots of corns, why wear revealing shoes when your feet are so jacked up?

She's black? Unless she is a black Hispanic? I know some Cubans and Dominicans can have very dark complexions.

I don't think she's part African American. While on Fallon, she introduced her grandmother, who was in the audience, grandma looked Hispanic to me. Zoe also spoke some Spanish to her grandmother.

by Anonymousreply 2105/21/2013

So she's bisexual. Who cares. She'll end up marrying a man in the end.

by Anonymousreply 2205/21/2013

What do you care what she is? I don't feel like going into the history of the African slave trade, but black Aficans were not just dropped off in America. Sigh.

She's part black and native Dominican Indian.

Ooh, race mixing, it blows white people's minds.

by Anonymousreply 2305/21/2013

Eh she's probably fake bi just like all the other actresses that try to get attention when they have a new movie coming out.

I read she already has a new boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 2405/21/2013

"Ooh, race mixing, it blows white people's minds."

R23, what makes you think I am white? I am actually bi-racial and one of the weirdest mixes you can imagine: black American, Swedish, French and Italian!

To me, as a native New Yorker, Zoe looks like many Hispanic New York women I have seen over the years. Sure, her complexion is darker than the average NY Puerto Rican or even some Dominicans I know, but she doesn't scream 'black American' to me and neither does another NY actress Rosario Dawson, I know she is a 'mix' too.

Of course, I realize there are mixed races and nationalities blah, blah, blah.

My very mixed family is proof of that, we look like Quincy Jones' offspring, IE: very mixed! Some of us are darker, others so light the can pass for 100% white, with race mixing you never know who gets specific features, eye colors or skin tones, but you already know that, huh?

I certainly don't need a freaking history lesson from you.

btw, I didn't mention Zoe Saldana being black, someone up thread did.

by Anonymousreply 2505/21/2013

[quote]She was on Jimmy Fallon last week, she repeatedly had to be bleeped, she kept cursing throughout.

She was on that show Punk'd. I swear, she was the trashiest thing ever. Swearing galore.

by Anonymousreply 2605/21/2013

How can I put this... I don't think she is looking for a boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 2705/22/2013

That's because she has one.

by Anonymousreply 2805/22/2013

And Bradley has had countless girlfriends. Biased much?

by Anonymousreply 2905/22/2013

I want her to be with or genuinely into women but I'm so jaded. :/ Please god don't let this be another Anna Paquin or Megan Fox thing.

by Anonymousreply 3005/22/2013

She definitely refers to herself in the Allure article as a "latina".

by Anonymousreply 3105/22/2013

R31, she actually acknowledges her mixed race - you can read the actual interview at the link.

by Anonymousreply 3205/22/2013

"Hispanic" or "Latina" can be any "race," except there is no "race"--that's why you people keeping tripping yourselves up.

by Anonymousreply 3305/22/2013

that sophism just makes you look dumb, R33.

by Anonymousreply 3405/22/2013

"I want her to be with or genuinely into women but I'm so jaded. :/ Please god don't let this be another Anna Paquin or Megan Fox thing"

Well, it's not like someone who is married can't have same sex desires. Look at Larry Craig, Jim McGreevey, John Travolta, etc.

by Anonymousreply 3605/22/2013

I think the confusion is because in the past, all over South America, Latin America in general, people would race mix & it was no big deal. Loads of people were/are black/latin aka blatino in South America, etc. Today that seems to have totally changed.

In the past, if you spoke Spanish you were "Latino", today it's not like that, there's a lot more divisions, yet more IR relationships in America, yet at the same time, there's a LOT more divisions going on. And in the black community too with lighter and darker blacks.

by Anonymousreply 3805/22/2013

I read the article on Sunday, R32, but thanks anyway. Like I said, she identifies as latina, and calls herself latina.

by Anonymousreply 3905/22/2013

R39, weird because she actually has said she 'most identifies' with the black community. Quote about the Nina Simone debacle -

"“All I can say is, though it did sting for a bit, that a community that you feel most identified with, would have such a negative backlash "

FWIW, I see her as both - black and latina and whatever else is in her ethnic mix.

by Anonymousreply 4005/23/2013

So she says two different things I'm two different interviews. Oh yeah, she's a reliable one.

by Anonymousreply 4105/23/2013

R41, where exactly does she say she's latina and not an ethnic mix in the interview? Even in the black comment, she is just saying 'most' and not completely black-identified.

by Anonymousreply 4205/23/2013

This was her follow up to the sexuality question:

"So, up until now, I’ve known my life to be with men, I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and I want to be with a woman, I’m going to do that. And I know I am going to be supported by the creatures that have raised me and love me and know me."

She's never been with a woman and was just speaking out loud.

by Anonymousreply 4305/23/2013

Always must be sceptical about blinds but this one was widely thought to be Zoe and Bradley (BlindGossip added the update soon after Saldana and Cooper announced their split, which was indeed after 3 months). I mention because it says that she's bisexual -

"The Truth Behind This Attractive Couple

[BlindGossip] He’s a big movie star. She’s had one really major role, and is already booked for half a dozen new projects. You probably already know that they are dating. What you may not know are the facts behind the pairing. It’s a public relations set up. She is bisexual. He is gay. In fact, his ex-wife left him because she found him in bed with another guy! But for now, together, these two attractive actors make for crazed paparazzi and great photo ops. Well, that is, at least until their contract expires in a couple of months.

Actor’s Ex-Wife:

This relationship ended right on time. Exactly three months. Neither star wanted to renew the contract. Next!"

by Anonymousreply 4405/23/2013

I liked her before, but I'm seriously annoyed she took the Nina role. Nina deserves better. I think she could do a good job as she seems good, but it just seems so wrong.

by Anonymousreply 4505/23/2013

R42, Do you think this is her 1st interview? It's well documented that she considers herself a Latina. She's a black Dominican-American's not that hard to understand.

by Anonymousreply 4605/23/2013

Quote/proof? you said from that specific Allure interview but I have read it and don't see it.

Here's the link of a scan, again -

by Anonymousreply 4705/23/2013

OP she's straight! Ply your lesborotic fantasies elsewhere.

She ought to date Zachary Pinto in real life, they'd make a perfect couple. Terrific on screen chemistry!

by Anonymousreply 4805/23/2013

And now seen with Italian celeb artist Marco Perego. Any goss on him?

I wonder if they called the paparazzi.

by Anonymousreply 4905/30/2013

Marco Perego. I guess she got pregnant with a man after all.

What a tease.

by Anonymousreply 5008/02/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!