Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Barack Obama is to the presidency as Halle Berry is to the Best Actress Oscar

Seemed like a good idea at the time, broke through the race barrier, never did anything worth while ever again after the ballots were cast

by Anonymousreply 5505/21/2013

Get ready for the shit slinging apocalypse headed your way, OP. Even if you ARE correct.

by Anonymousreply 105/20/2013

I know r1....I'm braced for the vitriol and welcome it.

by Anonymousreply 205/20/2013

Never did anything worth while? Seriously?

Perhaps you should spend a little time on this site:

by Anonymousreply 405/20/2013

And probably you should spend a little more time here as well:

by Anonymousreply 505/20/2013

Your balls are so big OP, they're clangin'. But I fear people will still be in denial and proclaim Obama as their savior.

by Anonymousreply 605/20/2013

Why you mad boo?

by Anonymousreply 705/20/2013

A common tactic when people know their argument is bullshit is to proclaim your opponents will attack you for speaking the "truth" before they even open their mouth. That way when they poke holes in your faulty arguments, you can say, "See! I told you so!"

With that said, there have been one or two people posting incessantly here these last couple of weeks with those same GOP talking points. You are either trolling for entertainment or you are a freeper.

Either way, do us a favor and use the search function. Why you felt you had to post yet another thread of the same exact topic speaks highly of your desire to be noticed. We notice you, OP. How avant-garde you are to have those opinions regarding President Obama. You rascal, you. You rebel.

Happy now?

by Anonymousreply 805/20/2013

[quote]there have been one or two people posting incessantly here these last couple of weeks with those same GOP talking points. You are either trolling for entertainment or you are a freeper

or perhaps there have been scandals and Barack has betrayed his base

by Anonymousreply 1005/20/2013

And George W. Bush is Pia Zadora at the Globes, hunny!

by Anonymousreply 1105/20/2013

OP are you gay? On gay issues alone Obama has accomplished more than any president ever PROMISED.

As for the rest, Rachel Maddow summed his first term best. Dude fulfilled a lot of his campaign promises. Let me look for the clip.

by Anonymousreply 1205/20/2013

Barack Obama is and forever will be the 44th President of the United States, no matter how much shit you sling, no matter how bitter you are, no matter how much hate you harbor.

You will NEVER take that away from him.

So deal with that, motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 1305/20/2013

Barack only "evolved" into supporting gay marriage....what crap

by Anonymousreply 1405/20/2013

R14, you're an idiot. Or just ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 1505/20/2013

and Gwyneth will forever be the Best Actress of 1998....does mean she will be well regarded in the history books does it? apologist at r13

by Anonymousreply 1605/20/2013

That's a right-wing talking point, R14. Obama supported marriage equality in the late 90s or early 2000s, long before we even dreamed that states would pass it.

by Anonymousreply 1705/20/2013

Gay marriage is not and was not THE only thing. Repealing DADT and Health Care reform were huge important Obama victories that Clinton (my favorite president BTW) messed up for most of us.

by Anonymousreply 1805/20/2013

The comparisons to Best Actress winners need to stop. Do YOU really want to come across as THAT gay stereotype?

by Anonymousreply 1905/20/2013

Oh OP, you're so brilliant. If only the rest of us poor, misguided sheeple could see the TRUTH! We would take down our Obama lawn signs and join you in the tea bagger American paradise you see so clearly.

Will we get crumpets with that?

by Anonymousreply 2005/20/2013

yet he said he evolved in to it r17...because his kids told him to.....#pussywhipped

by Anonymousreply 2105/20/2013

OP, the president's black--get over it already.

And the only thing Hallle Berry "broke" with that performance is Billy Bob's cock.

by Anonymousreply 2205/20/2013

Good lord, R21, how stupid are you?

by Anonymousreply 2305/20/2013

ahhhh it is because he's black...not because of the irs/scandal r22 must you always see color?

by Anonymousreply 2405/20/2013

did he not say that r23?

by Anonymousreply 2505/20/2013

Obama was the best we could get in 2008. The fact that no progressive ran against him in the 2012 primaries is very disappointing, however. He clings to yuppie and militarist myths of the 1980s with the death grip of the truly mentally unbalanced. That said, he is still better than this ignorant and mean country deserved.

by Anonymousreply 2605/20/2013

Same as it ever was... Same as it ever was...

by Anonymousreply 2705/20/2013

You folks who dislike him so -- what do you feel he should've accomplished that he hasn't?

by Anonymousreply 2805/20/2013

Yes, OP! How DARE you know what the Obamapologists are going to say before they say it! Do you have Crystal Balls?

by Anonymousreply 2905/20/2013

I don't know about the dumbass OP, it sure doesn't take crystal balls to know what freeper shitstains trolling the DL are going to write.

by Anonymousreply 3005/20/2013

I like him and the positive visibility he has brought the gay community...

My only complaint is his occasional direct involvement in more pedestrian matters such as that whole beergate thing.

by Anonymousreply 3105/20/2013

R26, you do realize that a bitter primary likely would have hurt him, not helped him? Do you not remember the 1980 election?

by Anonymousreply 3205/20/2013

[quote]I'm braced for the vitriol and welcome it.

Of course you do. That's what trolls live for: the vitriol. Could you be any more obvious?

by Anonymousreply 3305/20/2013

He should have demonstrated leadership in puncturing the lies and myths of the 80s. When Congress blocked him, he should have taken his case to the people. Instead of vacationing after his landmark health reform, he should have marshaled the troops and put a progressive in charge of the 2010 elections, not the right wing corrupt Republican Rahm Emmanuel.

He has communicated less with the American people than even Bush did, and that's not leadership by any standard.

by Anonymousreply 3405/20/2013

I wanted Dennis Kucinich but he had a snowball's chance in hell.

Obama was better than the alternative.

by Anonymousreply 3505/20/2013

R34, that is bullshit. He gives press conferences and is on what the GOP calls a "permanent campaign" all the time. There is just SO MUCH more noise out there in this day and age that not even the President can cut through it.

by Anonymousreply 3605/20/2013

He hasn't been the transformative figure so many of his supporters (and the nation) was hoping for post-Bush, but I think he's a million times better than Bush. The Bush era felt so much like living in the Dark Ages. Up was down and down was up. If a person openly dissent, s/he is accused of being against us.

Despite his flaws (and there are many), Obama has pushed for and achieved so much social changes. When his Presidency ends, those social changes will live on. That is what truly matters.

Under Obama, gay marriage and gay issues have become mainstreamed. I wish he fought harder for unions and for women's reproductive rights, but those issues have become a state-state fight.

by Anonymousreply 3705/20/2013

My problem with Obama is that he's always trying to reach across the aisle. Fuck them bitches! Reaching across the aisle will never get us to where we need to be.

by Anonymousreply 3805/20/2013

R38 + 1

Republicans are selfish evil assholes only looking out for them self and the very rich.

The ones who are middle class, when they think they are going to be rich some day and want their cake when they get there. Talk about delusional.

by Anonymousreply 3905/20/2013

Well, I knew someone was going to use the term "freeper shitstains". And I don't have any balls at all.

by Anonymousreply 4005/21/2013

[quote]ahhhh it is because he's black...not because of the irs/scandal [R22] must you always see color?

Hey, you're the one who drew first blood, with the "breaking racial barriers". But I'm the one who's making it about color. Right! Why, of all the questionable Oscar winners of the past, did you choose Halle Berry to compare him to? Why not, say, Gwyneth Paltrow or Marisa Tomei?

by Anonymousreply 4105/21/2013

[quote]I tried to warn my friends back in '08 that Obama was too inexperienced and that my friends would be disappointed.

Yet he got reelected, very comfortably. Deal, fool.

by Anonymousreply 4205/21/2013

LOL at the racist at r9 trying to convince black people back in '08 that Obama's not really black. What a FAIL!

Yes, he was raised by his grand parents, but still faces racism from white folk, and threads like this, to this very day.

by Anonymousreply 4305/21/2013

R24, the IRS "Scandal" isn't a scandal at all, and has nothing to do with Obama. You expose yourself as a brainwashed, misinformed moron.

by Anonymousreply 4405/21/2013

I'm just really perturbed at the cover ups especially the IRS one AND I voted for him twice and stood in line for three hours to shake his hand. So call me a freeper all you want but it isn't true. Just disillusioned.

by Anonymousreply 4505/21/2013

Health care alone is enough to pop up WAY high on the list. It's been discussed/attempted since 1906 with Theodore Roosevelt for God's sake.

by Anonymousreply 4605/21/2013

[quote]Hey, you're the one who drew first blood, with the "breaking racial barriers". But I'm the one who's making it about color. Right! Why, of all the questionable Oscar winners of the past, did you choose Halle Berry to compare him to? Why not, say, Gwyneth Paltrow or Marisa Tomei?

I meant breaking racial barriers as a positive thing. It was just a fun comparison. You can't compare him to Gwyneth or Marisa because they both did other things post-Oscar. Gwyneth did her best work ever in Ripley and Proof and won and Emmy and Marisa got two more nominations.

and they both won BECAUSE they were black. Would a a white unknown two term Chicago senator have been able to beat Hillary Fucking Clinton?

So fun fending off the loyalists!!!!

by Anonymousreply 4705/21/2013

Well OP this country is run by business. We do not have a democracy we have a plutocratic oligarchy. So until the current political system is reformed any politician that gets into the White House is going to do fuck all for the American people. It will only service the wealthy. But it is certain that the GOP will do more damage than the Dems unless the Dem is Joe Lieberman or the like.

by Anonymousreply 4805/21/2013

I am glad you are having fun, OP, because this thread is lame. Your responses are lame and even the responses you are evoking from others are lame. I enjoy a heated thread as much as the next guy, but this thread is just lukewarm at best. Better off next time with your obvious trolling.

by Anonymousreply 4905/21/2013

While reading R8 I made a bet with myself - how many words before he typed "freeper." Jeez guys, please lose that one. Go with snaggletoothed cocksucker .. anything else.

by Anonymousreply 5005/21/2013

well if YOU say so r49....then it must be true. Thank you for your all knowing post.

by Anonymousreply 5105/21/2013

Well at least Barack and Halle both won. That is the important thing. Think of poor Viola Davis. She stuck her neck out and went for Best Actress and even left her wigs home as an inspiration to young women....and then she never even left the audience. To me that is the definition of losing. Barack and Halle have other distractions for instance Barack had to present me my Kennedy Center honor and Halle has all those problems with her baby daddies. Give them a break. But Viola....oh dear, poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 5205/21/2013

Halle Berry? Why not Denzel, or Poitier?

by Anonymousreply 5305/21/2013

I was never originally a fan of Barack Obama. Hillary was always my candidate. And she still is. However, politics is always a matter of choosing the best candidate or at least, choosing the lesser of two evils.

Having said that, I don't believe that Obama was a better choice than Hillary. However, Obama was light years ahead and a far superior choice than Mitt Douchebag Romney.

Obama was also a far superior choice than Santorum, Gingrich, Cain, Santorum, Bachmann and any other moron who was part of that Repug clown car collection who thought they would run for president.

And for the past nearly five years, Obama has had to battle a Repug do-nothing Congress who has been hell bent on never doing anything that allowed for any sort of compromise to help govern and the country. Obama can only do so much--but he's actually done a considerable amount--all in the face of an obstructionist Congress.

by Anonymousreply 5405/21/2013

R47, so you're saying white people also voted for Obama because he's black? is that you're saying?

by Anonymousreply 5505/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!