Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Fireworks are disturbing...who cares about Victoria Day

It's been fireworks every night for the past week. I find it disturbing. Who even cares about Canada's past allegiance with Britain. I thought we severed ties with them after the Yankees gave them the finger...

by Anonymousreply 605/20/2013

Everyone loves fireworks. You must be a miserable old bitch.

by Anonymousreply 105/20/2013

I hate fireworks. Annoying. OP is right, firework trolls are outta control this weekend. Enough already.

by Anonymousreply 205/20/2013

Just like everything Canada has done, your independence has been a half assed copy of what the US did.

by Anonymousreply 305/20/2013

It has nothing to do with Canadian independence.

Canada was an Act of British Parliament (BNA Act) from 1867 to 1982. Queen Elizabeth signed the Constitution in 1982 and Canada became an independent country, but the Constitution was never ratified by Quebec, so a case could be argued that the current Canadian Constitution is invalid.

Victoria Day is about Queen Victoria ( current QE2s Great, Grandmother). The longest serving British Monarch of all time. Queen Victoria was obsessed with India not Canada. The only thing she ever did for Canada was declare Ottawa the Capital city, because the locals fought for 2 years about where to locate the Capital.

by Anonymousreply 405/20/2013

Today, Victoria Day, is a British Holiday not a Canadian holiday, but also celebrated by other commonwealth countries.

by Anonymousreply 505/20/2013

OP is the bitchy old queen in the neighborhood that all the kids throws fireworks at.

by Anonymousreply 605/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!