Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

OMG the documentary THE HOLLYWOOD COMPLEX is on Showtime again! I can't get enough of this train wreck. I luv schadenfreude.

I know we've discussed this doc for years, but when I see stupid parents putting all their hope, dreams and money into the hands of unscrupulous agents, acting coaches, photographers & Dianetic classes it makes my heart soar.

The ugly little Russian girl has an accent so thick you could cut it with a knife, but none of the agents will tell her mom the truth...that until the kid sounds American she'll never be booked for a commercial.

I wish they'd do a followup doc so we can see what these gullible people are doing now.

by Anonymousreply 4305/31/2013

[quote]I wish they'd do a followup doc so we can see what these gullible people are doing now.

me too!

by Anonymousreply 105/20/2013

I saw this doc several months back for the first time and I agree it is a trainwreck. The mother taking the dianetics courses was an idiot and she fits the type that Scientologists look for in converts.

I agree there should a follow up to this documentary. There was a similar documentary I saw years ago around 2003 or 2004 that focused on an L.A. hotel where aspiring actors lived. I can't remember the hotel's name or the documentary name , but it was filmed by a Canadian guy who had tried to become a stand up comic.

by Anonymousreply 205/20/2013

WOW! It was worth watching.

by Anonymousreply 305/20/2013

R2 Was it the Oakwood? Those are furnished apartments. A lot of parents who bring their kids to LA for pilot season stay there too.

by Anonymousreply 405/20/2013

Friday, May 24th 9:40 am cst; 10:40 am est on Showtime Next channel. I've seen it and OP is correct. Kids you have to see this.

by Anonymousreply 505/20/2013

I want Showtime so I can see it again. It is amaZing! Tami Erin was arrested recently but the story dies quickly. I think Pre$ley Ca$h is probably still there. She and her mom were straight out of THE DAY OF THE LOCUST.

by Anonymousreply 605/20/2013

True R6--- it did seem like a modern day DAY OF THE LOCUST minus the wonderful Karen Black.

by Anonymousreply 705/20/2013

Oh never mind it is the Oakwood.

by Anonymousreply 805/20/2013

Why was Tami Erin arrested? Trying to hawk her video on street corners?

by Anonymousreply 905/20/2013

Is the the documentary where one mother paid thousands upon thousands dollars for a rental car instead of either bringing a family car out or purchasing one? She literally could have bought at least a couple of reliable used cars for the amount. That really drove the nuttiness home.

by Anonymousreply 1005/20/2013

Apparently Tami Erin was arrested for assaulting her male roommate. Must have been something he said in 18 languages.

by Anonymousreply 1105/20/2013

[quote]Apparently Tami Erin was arrested for assaulting her male roommate. Must have been something he said in 18 languages.

Walnut Creek??? That's a long way from Hollywood. And Erin just had to mention beating out 8,000 other girls for the role. LOLZ!!! I hadn't seen the movie, and that was my first time seeing the preview. She was WAY too old and tall for that role.

by Anonymousreply 1205/20/2013

yes R10

by Anonymousreply 1305/20/2013

[quote]Is the the documentary where one mother paid thousands upon thousands dollars for a rental car instead of either bringing a family car out or purchasing one? She literally could have bought at least a couple of reliable used cars for the amount. That really drove the nuttiness home.

That was Presley Ca$h's not-entirely-together mother. She and "Presley" were on Anderson Cooper's talk show about a year ago, and mom said that she'd spent 160K on her daughter's career, although I'm sure she was low-balling it.

by Anonymousreply 1405/20/2013

'Presley Cash' ?! You use her name as if we should know who she is. Is she now a known working kid actor?

by Anonymousreply 1505/20/2013

She's just the most prominent of the kids in the documentary. And to your question, no.

by Anonymousreply 1605/20/2013

Presley Ca$h is a star now! She's in a Taylor Swift video!!!

by Anonymousreply 1705/20/2013

You're right #16 she was the most prominently featured kid in the doc & all I could think was that she was 5minutes away from looking just like her ugly, fat mom.

The only girl who may have a chance at anything is the girl who went home to Colorado & bought a horse. She was very tall for her age & had a pretty face so she might actually have a shot at being a model. Then she can turn that into her Cindy Crawford acting moment.

by Anonymousreply 1805/20/2013

But actually the girl that was getting the most bookings (which in this documentary meant one or two)was the afterthought little sister of the tall gawky girl who wanted it badly but it turned out her little sister was cute and a natural.

by Anonymousreply 1905/20/2013

The most bizarre thing was Presley and her mother at the end. As you are watching the scene of them talking on the phone you think she was finally booked to do something. I turns out Presley won something like a $25 gift certificate to Best Buy. So crazy...

by Anonymousreply 2005/20/2013

I have it on On Demand and will get to watching. I was only through 15 minutes of it. One that caught my attention was a mother who said her 14-year-old son will not play any role glorifying Satan. I thought to myself, "Then get out of Hollywood. You are in the wrong line of work." This of course was mom making her son's decisions because of him being underage. I don't think these parents do their children much good.

by Anonymousreply 2105/20/2013

How many movie rolls really require a kid to glorify satan??

by Anonymousreply 2205/20/2013

R21 she has about twenty kids and I think they go dumpster diving to collect recyclables to fund their delusions.

Here's Presley in concert at the Oakwood.

by Anonymousreply 2305/20/2013

You've either got IT or you've had it.

by Anonymousreply 2405/20/2013

If you can't be it, marry it, manage it, or give birth to it.

by Anonymousreply 2505/20/2013

The AA kid was great - loved him. I'd be happy to see him get work. We need more handsome, talented AA males in the industry. Sad they they mentioned only wanting him for gang members, etc. Such racist BS :(

by Anonymousreply 2605/20/2013

R25 - or give it really good head.

by Anonymousreply 2705/20/2013

That kid was so fake though r26. He was the most shameless mugger in the crying class.

by Anonymousreply 2805/20/2013

AA kid? huh he's an alcoholic?

by Anonymousreply 2905/20/2013

The 'AA' kid dials a phone with a swizzle stick....just wait n see.

by Anonymousreply 3005/20/2013

Yeah I think that kid as a plant so they could have someone with a semi-decent happy ending. Seems like they actually hired an already working actor to fulfill that role

by Anonymousreply 3105/20/2013

R2 The other documentary I saw wasn't about the Oakwood complex. It was about a hotel that different room sizes. I can't remember the title of that documentary and I'm trying to find it. I remember one of the people interviewed in it was a guy who was on the Showtime series Leap Year.

When I saw The Hollywood Complex, I remembered about this other documentary.

by Anonymousreply 3205/20/2013

Thanks for the recommendation, I'm watching it now on On Demand. You guys are the best!

by Anonymousreply 3305/20/2013

I loved how that one mother went and signed up for thousands of dollars of $cientology materials and courses. Those types of people are the PERFECT marks for those scam artists.

by Anonymousreply 3405/20/2013

[quote]How many movie rolls really require a kid to glorify satan??

Depends on what the kid's stage mother defines as Satan worship.

[quote]Those types of people are the PERFECT marks for those scam artists.

Except she's missing the most important thing - obscene wealth and a dark past.

by Anonymousreply 3505/20/2013

R35, Celebs are merely the bait. It's the public morons that are the cult's bread and butter.

by Anonymousreply 3605/20/2013

Can someone start a thread about movies that were huge successes back in the day but would be a flop today?

by Anonymousreply 3705/20/2013

#32. The doc that you're referring to was named after the apartment complex where the actors lived. Wish i could remember the damn name of the complex because it's right near the Hollywood Bowl & I've seen it for years n years while driving by. Anyway, it was your typical retro 50/60s tropical garden complex with the pool in the center & the theme of the doc was about the struggling actors who' lived there, some for more than 30 years.

by Anonymousreply 3805/21/2013

The documentary with the guy from Leap Year and Naked Josh was on a few weeks ago here in Canada. It's called Camp Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 3905/21/2013

I loved this movie. It was (or is) on Netflix Instant. All these people were as delusional as the Queen of Versailles (another great documentary).

by Anonymousreply 4005/21/2013

OMG! Just watched this again. Saw it several years ago. Really a cautionary tale for parents and kids who want to be stars. Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 4105/30/2013

Either she's just acting in this PSA (which would be sick), or "Presley Cash" had a brother who died from drug use...

by Anonymousreply 4205/30/2013

Looks like Presley Cash's concerts are at the Oakwood.

by Anonymousreply 4305/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.