Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

US Postal Service sucks dirty, stanky ass

They could seriously fuck up a one car funeral.

I am generally pro-worker, pro-public workers and pro-union, and I know budgets are cut at USPS as they are elsewhere, but if there was ever something that needed to be privatized, the Postal Service was it.

by Anonymousreply 5505/22/2013

The people who run my post office in NYC are pretty efficient if not delightfully friendly. My mail is reliable and sending a letter is not too expensive. I think we will miss the post office if we get rid of it.

by Anonymousreply 105/20/2013

Not true. I have noticed a recent trend with Amazon dot com vendors. They give a ridiculous two or three week window for delivery and claim they shipped it when it is obvious from the fact that it doesn't take two weeks to ship anything by any means in the US, apparently in order to get Amazon to pay them before they have actually fulfilled the order.

by Anonymousreply 205/20/2013

I think the USPS has gotten much better since I was young. I never have any problem with them now.

by Anonymousreply 305/20/2013

WTF is the point of their tracking? It SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS!

by Anonymousreply 405/20/2013

[quote] if there was ever something that needed to be privatized, the Postal Service was it.

Um, no.

"Private" companies will not deliver to all of the places that the US PS delivers, especially the remote, rural areas.

by Anonymousreply 605/20/2013

I've said it before, I'll say it again. The USPS excells in my neighborhood, they knock, they know who to contact when not in, and next day has been just that. The postal carriers are nice and all know me. UPS sucks donkey dicks and literally laugh when they've fucked up a delivery.

by Anonymousreply 705/20/2013

Are you kidding? FedEx is the only delivery place I've had major problems with.

by Anonymousreply 805/20/2013

There's no uniform answer. Like airlines, it's all going to be experience specific. So, the USPS, Fed Ex, UPS will be fantastic for some, horrible for others, and meh for others.

by Anonymousreply 905/20/2013

I know people get tired of New Yorkers complaining and making it all about them, but I think we have one of the worst post office brances in the U.S. here in my nabe in Brooklyn. I happened to be looking out a window one day when I saw a fat assed U.S.P.S. worker get out of his truck, walk up the stairs to my front door, no package in hand, and leave with what looked like my home delivered Daily News. He never rang my bell or knocked on the door. When I went down to see if a package had been left and to retrieve my newspaper, I found a delivery notice stuck to the door that said "sorry we missed you", and NO newspaper. Now they are going to route Brooklyn mail to a Manhattan sorting facility and then take it back to Brooklyn for distribution. Locally mailed letters and bills will take five to six days to be delivered instead of two. It's like they want people to use it less and less.

by Anonymousreply 1005/20/2013

R2, it is Amazon itself that mandates that extremely large window of time. Amazon Marketplace sellers have absolutely nothing to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 1105/20/2013

The CEO of UPS was on NPR about a year ago. He stated that USPS is contracted to UPS to deliver packages where UPS doesn't go and if USPS is allowed to go out of biz, UPS and FedEx rates will have to skyrocket in order to serve everyone.

So all of you privitization fuck nuts like OP are wrong again.

by Anonymousreply 1205/20/2013

R8 I hate FedEx. They were supposed to deliver something on April 9, a Tuesday. But the item got here sooner, and they sent me an e-mail telling me that though the item was packed on a truck the day before, April 8, they were just letting it sit there on the truck for an entire day before they delivered it, because April 9 was the official delivery day.

I don't give a shit if it's not delivered until its official delivery date, but spare me the "nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah" e-mail. Fucktards.

by Anonymousreply 1305/20/2013

Republicans suck "dirty, stanky ass."

by Anonymousreply 1405/20/2013

Maybe if the post office didn't have to fund retirements for people who aren't even born yet,, they could concentrate on delivering the mail instead. But no. The Pubbies in what passes for our congress just can't stand to see good union jobs and steady, reliable service provided at economical rates to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 1505/20/2013

Postal delivery used to only be to the town post office, not to your home.

Newspapers would print a list of letters received and you'd have to go into town to get them.

Maybe we should go back to that in some places.

by Anonymousreply 1605/20/2013

12 years of internet sales and shipping, the USPS never lost a single package, not a single one nor have they ever lost a letter that I am certain of. Yes, there were a few glitches, a delay or two, but nothing short of amazing service. The OP is pathetic

by Anonymousreply 1705/20/2013

I guess it all depends on the area. My mom has great service, yet I have the surliest of mailmen who puts my neighbors' mail with mine or vice versa. I've held off complaining about him (except for here) because I really don't want to get anyone in that much trouble, but sometimes I am tempted.

However, FedEx is a total horror. Fuck them in their stinky ass.

by Anonymousreply 1905/20/2013

[quote]I'm the OP and have always voted for Democrats.

Of course you have, dear.

by Anonymousreply 2005/20/2013

UK Royal Mail will be privatized next year and many EU and Asian postal services have been privatized too

by Anonymousreply 2105/20/2013

[quote] UK Royal Mail will be privatized next year and many EU and Asian postal services have been privatized too

I'm willing to bet that none of those places actually have a constitutionally required postal service.

by Anonymousreply 2205/20/2013

FedEx is so far the worst in my book:

If you drop a FedEx home delivery box into a regular FedEx Express box, it will just rot there and never gets delivered. Because? Home delivery is done by FedEx Ground which has nothing to do with FedEx Express. They are two separate companies. Yet, they are both called FedEx and use the same logo. Go figure.

God forbid if you use the wrong airway bill, the one with the word express for ground, you are screwed and they will never notify you.

What is the point of naming a company FedEx Express? Isn't it pointless like Datalounge Lounge?

by Anonymousreply 2405/20/2013

"sucks dirty, stanky ass" is what passes for a "complex multifaceted opinion" these days?

by Anonymousreply 2705/20/2013

OP's bad experience means the USPS must be destroyed!

I've never had a bad experience shipping my items via Postal Service. I have had things lost and broken when it was shipped via UPS. My brother deals with FedEx and he's always frustrated by their policy and delivery service.

by Anonymousreply 2805/20/2013

Hey OP, I've got a better idea!

How about Congress repeal the stupid laws they put through last decade that force the USPS to fully fund pensions for 70 years?

Maybe they wouldn't suck so hard.

But if you were an informed Democrat, you'd know about the pension issue.

Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 2905/21/2013

Fuck you, OP. My dad works for the USPS.

By the way, ever think it might be YOU who's fucking up? I've never had a package get lost or go undelivered.

by Anonymousreply 3005/21/2013

I buy/sell on ebay/amazon and I always use USPS priority. Always been great, never lost anything.

by Anonymousreply 3105/21/2013

How UPS deliveries actually work.

by Anonymousreply 3205/21/2013

[quote]Both times I was shredded to bits

There was a good reason for that. You had no data to back up your idiotic point of view and you couldn't tell the difference between anecdote and data. And based on this post, it looks like you still don't know the difference.

[quote]as have been other people here who realize what a massive sewage waste, corruption and utter incompetence the U.S. Postal Service is.

Sadly for you, then, that you have no data with which to back up that idiotic opinion.

[quote]And yes, the entire system should be privatized at this point

Why? So that it can cost more and deliver less? Yeah, that'll work.

[quote]and the organization rebuilt for service and efficiency.

You really don't know much about the private sector, do you?

by Anonymousreply 3305/21/2013

I was making a cake that called for a dozen eggs. I didn't want to break them myself so I put them in a package marked "fragile" and brought it down to the post office and they did it for me.

by Anonymousreply 3405/21/2013

OP, if you think it would get better if it was privatized, you are an idiot.

Imagine someone like Donald Trump, blowhard, in charge. He'd make sure he got his mail. He'd make sure that Georgie Porgie and Mittens got their mail. Other than that, he wouldn't give a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 3505/21/2013

Maybe b/c I stay in Parkchester in the Bronx and it's like it's own little town, but my USPS, FEDEX and UPS service is excellent.

by Anonymousreply 3605/21/2013

I agree with R36. I get excellent service from all three delivery services, with USPS slightly better than the others. I often get next day delivery of even non-commercial mail, and the friendly people at my small neighborhood post office go out of their way for customers.

I wonder if the difference is poor management in other cities. We had major problems with USPS several years ago, which involved some criminal activity on the part of postal workers that was ignored because of nepotism. At that time, a number of high-ranking officials were either removed or their responsibilities were changed, and our service improved immediately.

by Anonymousreply 3705/21/2013

R23, your hyperbole that makes my eyes hurt aside, the problem is that you are demanding a massive systemwide change for a problem that is likely to be local.

If your post office or your letter carrier is not performing, go to their superiors. Start a campaign and don't let up until you get results.

Try to remember that this is a big country, and not all post offices or carriers are the same. Just because your local post office has problems and your service is bad, that doesn't mean everyone else has the same problems.

by Anonymousreply 4005/21/2013

I ship thousands of packages each year with USPS. They're FANTASTIC. The best deal going. If you don't think so, you're obviously doing something wrong.

by Anonymousreply 4105/21/2013

R10, where do you live in Brooklyn? Our local PO station is Times Plaza (Atlantic and 4th) and it sucks. However, our mailman is wonderful. I never have to worry about signing for packages because he signs for me. He's just a friendly, pleasant guy who's good at his job. When he's on vacation, though, everything goes to hell.

by Anonymousreply 4305/21/2013

That was my first post on this thread, but okay? Whatever makes you feel good.

by Anonymousreply 4405/21/2013

I do lots of eBay selling. I use mostly Priority Mail shipping. Hundreds of packages sent. Very fast, good price, never a problem.

The kill the USPS thing is one of the Koch Brothers' evil pet projects. Let's quit capitulating to the psychotic ids of the unhinged billionaire 'bros.

by Anonymousreply 4505/21/2013

USPS is great, op are you a republican shill?

by Anonymousreply 4605/21/2013

I said in my post at r19 that FedEx is a horror, and I guess they wanted to prove me right yet again. I just checked the tracking number for a pair of pants I ordered; they were supposed to arrive today and the updated tracking says they've been sitting in a facility five whole miles from my house FOR TWO DAYS. So it takes them three days to go five miles? Fuck you FedEx, I want my pants.

by Anonymousreply 4705/21/2013

Privatizing wont work because their goal is not to serve the public, its to make a profit. Not all locations are profitable to deliver to. And not all packages are big enough to justify the price.

A private company is going to look at their bottom line and cut out remote places just based on say the cost of gas.

They also wont deliver a letter to anywhere in the US for 46 cents. Try like 2 dollars maybe. So it will cost you a lot more.

Oh, and the USPS is NOT funded by ANY TAX dollars. It's entirely funded by stamps.

The reason UPS or FED-EX look good is because they only take cream of the crop profit deliveries like packages. They leave the shit delivers like cheap letters to the government.

by Anonymousreply 4805/21/2013

R48, FedEx certainly doesn't look good to me. I have no pants! GIVE ME MY PANTS!

by Anonymousreply 4905/21/2013

FedEx is horrid. I had a packaged ship that tracking showed located in their warehouse for an entire day. I called to ask what was up. "Snow," was the reply. "No deliveries are being made today."

So I got in my car, drove down to the warehouse on bare streets, and picked up the package myself.

by Anonymousreply 5005/21/2013

My experience tells me the problem with the USPS on the ground level is a terrible workforce with terrible supervision. And by terrible I mean urban stereotypes in painful action. Because of my work go to seven different city post offices, and four suburban ones. Guess where the service is tolerable. Guess where the service is intolerable.

by Anonymousreply 5105/21/2013

Damn unions! Damn 'urban' minorities!!

by Anonymousreply 5205/21/2013

ALL I can say is that my postal carriers are All Huge huskular bears and I Need to suck them all off and they never let me!

by Anonymousreply 5305/21/2013

My biggest problem with USPS happens when a package is too big to fit in my PO BOX. My branch, which is in a major city, believes that there arent enough people with notices who are coming to pick up packages to have one employee dedicated to retrieving packages in the back. There is always ONE customer service person in the red vest, trying to help people pack their items and get packages from the back. The line for pickups ends up being outrageous.

They cant continue to have lazy ass carriers who leave a notice without knocking if they arent going to have an army of people doing pick ups at the office.

I will continue to put with this because the customer rep in my branch is a tall, super hot Latino guy with a great body. I just undress him with my eyes as I wait in line.

by Anonymousreply 5405/22/2013

Just shipped a 4lb package for $5.15. THANKS USPS!

by Anonymousreply 5505/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.