Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The extraordinary stupidity of the American South

A 2 year old boy finds his father's gun and sticks in his mouth. He shoots. He doesn't die, however. So what do the family's neighbors and friends say? "The Good Lord was looking after him."

Yes, the Good Lord didn't mind the father leaving the gun around, or the boy shooting himself. The Good Lord was there to make sure a vein wasn't severed.

Good Lord.

by Anonymousreply 1405/26/2013

He's only 2, so he probably won't be considered hot enough to get any DL sympathy I guess.

by Anonymousreply 105/20/2013

"He's only 2, so he probably won't be considered hot enough to get any DL sympathy I guess."

And he's not blond with a vagina. I'll pass too.

by Anonymousreply 205/20/2013

The true tragedy is that he has parents that are that careless.

This is followed closely by the fact that people would rather relinquish their free will and not call a spade a spade-- the toddler's parents were terribly negligent and they got INCREDIBLY lucky. God had nothing to do with their stupidity or the subsequent good fortune that their kid is okay.

Poor little guy.

by Anonymousreply 305/20/2013

Yes poor little guy. I think God places the kids in the South whom he really wants to test in life. Assuming they last....

by Anonymousreply 405/26/2013

Eric Clapton's son fell out of a 49th floor window in NYC, even though the law requires window guards.

People who don't take proper care for the safety of children can live everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 505/26/2013

I have heard a lot of stories recently regarding children and guns. Why are the parents not more responsible?

Do people really keep loaded weapons laying around their homes?

If you want to have a gun in your home, fine. That being said, keep your weapons in a secure place out of the reach of children.

Does anyone know if in any of these cases where children get ahold of loaded weapons, are the parents brought up on child endangerment charges?

by Anonymousreply 605/26/2013

I don't think you can blame the parents based on their geographical location. Not with something like this. And I don't even like most Southerners.

by Anonymousreply 705/26/2013

I could never live in the south

by Anonymousreply 805/26/2013

Scott Walker. Michelle Bachmann. Rick Santorum. The NY Republican Congressional delegation. Dana Rohrbacher. Jan Brewer. Joe Arpaio. Scott Brown. Kelly whatshername from New Hampshire. Chicago politicians. The Quayle family. Sarah Palin. The states of Idaho, Alaska, Kansas, Utah and Wyoming.

by Anonymousreply 905/26/2013

[quote]"The Good Lord was looking after him."

But apparently not those kids that died in their classroom in Oklahoma.

by Anonymousreply 1005/26/2013

Well since the boy is only 2 yrs. old, and with parents like that. It seems like the little boy has a good chance to try this, or something similar in the future. Darwinism sure likes to take its time.

by Anonymousreply 1105/26/2013

I live in a red part of the country and have a 2 y/o. When it comes time for playdates I'll have to be the mom that asks, "do you keep guns in the house?"

by Anonymousreply 1205/26/2013

They can have my gun when they pry it from my toddler's cold dead hands!

by Anonymousreply 1305/26/2013

North Carolina is a Petri Dish for Art Pope and the Koch Brothers.

by Anonymousreply 1405/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!