Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is Michelle Williams destined to be on the C-list for the rest of her life?

She's really not much of an actress. I've seen her in various films, and I say she's watchable but not much more than that. Easily forgettable in the acting department and astoundingly homely for someone in the entertainment industry. Her only claim to fame and only major accomplishment in life thus far is marrying her much more famous and talented husband Heath Ledger.

by Anonymousreply 3605/20/2013

HL Troll: I am glad to see you are still alive, I was a bit concerned...mainly because I never thought I was going to be able to tell you I hope you fall into a vat of acid.

by Anonymousreply 105/20/2013

No one even cares about Hesth Ledger anymore. And I'm sure Hollywood cares more about her 3 Oscar nominations than some dead guy she had a baby with (they were never married).

by Anonymousreply 205/20/2013

F&F for you, troll.

by Anonymousreply 305/20/2013

I agree. She's bland.

by Anonymousreply 405/20/2013

R2 sure she was nominated, but so was Heath. But unlike Heath, she never [italic]won[/italic] an Oscar award.

by Anonymousreply 505/20/2013

Goop?!...Is that you?

by Anonymousreply 605/20/2013

I don't know, I liked her a lot in Meek's Cutoff and Blue Valentine.

by Anonymousreply 705/20/2013

But unlike Heath, she's still [italic]alive.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 805/20/2013

She's excellent, what are you talking about? She tends to play the same sort of role a lot but so do most actors.

She does a beautiful performance in Wendy and Lucy and she carries the whole film by herself.

by Anonymousreply 905/20/2013

And the fact that OP is using the term "C-list" already says a lot about his or her shallow point of view.

by Anonymousreply 1005/20/2013

I don't think she has any interest in being a *STAR* I think she is a serious actress who is interested in good parts. And I'm answering a troll, but I like MW a lot and her performances are always enjoyable and surprising.

by Anonymousreply 1105/20/2013

[quote]She's excellent, what are you talking about? She tends to play the same sort of role a lot but so do most actors

Yes, because the wife in BBM was just like Marilyn Fucking Monroe.

Where do some of you people come from?

by Anonymousreply 1205/20/2013

OP?

OP NASTY!

by Anonymousreply 1305/20/2013

I feel bad for OP with the Heather obession.

I thought about JOn-Erik Hexum for a long time after he died. What a loss. So preventable if the prop department was on the ball.

Move on, OP.

Life is for the living.

by Anonymousreply 1405/20/2013

I liked her until I saw her horrific and greatly overrated portrayal of Marilyn Monroe. That was painful.

by Anonymousreply 1505/20/2013

[quote]Yes, because the wife in BBM was just like Marilyn Fucking Monroe.

Where do some of you people come from?

Relax R12, I was saying she was good. And she does tend to portray intense, depressed women on the edge of a crisis. Marilyn Monroe was the exception.

by Anonymousreply 1605/20/2013

Better a C-lister than a D-lister!

by Anonymousreply 1705/20/2013

Michelle Williams was better than Ryan Gosling in Blue Valentine I thought. She's a quality actress.

by Anonymousreply 1805/20/2013

They were both great.. But she really shined in that one..

by Anonymousreply 1905/20/2013

I've always been bored with both her looks and acting.

by Anonymousreply 2005/20/2013

I like her. She's the only current actor whose movies I choose to see because of her.

by Anonymousreply 2105/20/2013

She exhibited zero star quality during the Super bowl halftime performance.

by Anonymousreply 2205/20/2013

Simple fact: Michelle Williams murdered Heath in cold blood.

by Anonymousreply 2305/20/2013

Not every celebrity wants to live their life in the circus of the A-list. I respect that.

by Anonymousreply 2405/20/2013

She was fantastic in "Wendy & Lucy", she made me cry.

There's a long list of really bad actresses out there who get work because they are on their knees in front of that fug smelly monster Harvey Weinstein, so STFU, OP. Why not discuss actresses who suck, literally?

Not every actress has to be breathtakingly beautiful, sometimes it's actually about the acting. Imagine that?!!

by Anonymousreply 2505/20/2013

[quote]R2 sure she was nominated, but so was Heath. But unlike Heath, she never won an Oscar award.[/quote]

Never say never. She hasn't died, so chances are she could still be nominated again and even win.

As a longtime Marilyn Monroe fan, I think she was exquisite as Marilyn. She really did capture the insecure and unstable Norma Jeane that I've read so much about in her biographies. Those who object to Williams' performance are only looking at the surface and only know her as the sex symbol with the wiggle walk and girlish voice. That was not Marilyn. It was an act. The private Marilyn was more like Williams' portrayal -- laughing and giddy at times, depressed and distant at others. Yes, she didn't look EXACTLY like Marilyn, but that didn't bother me. I think she captured her essence perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 2605/20/2013

I think Michelle will win, why she's the hottest actress around except me and the one who won lead, Jennifer something.

by Anonymousreply 2705/20/2013

[quote]Those who object to Williams' performance are only looking at the surface and only know her as the sex symbol with the wiggle walk and girlish voice. That was not Marilyn. It was an act. The private Marilyn was more like Williams' portrayal -- laughing and giddy at times, depressed and distant at others. Yes, she didn't look EXACTLY like Marilyn, but that didn't bother me. I think she captured her essence perfectly

Oh, puhlease, Mr. "long time Marilyn Monroe Fan". I know a few things about Marilyn (and acting) myself. Much of that film was supposed to be Marilyn's sexy "public" persona and Williams didn't capture any of that. She didn't come across as authentic at all.

by Anonymousreply 2805/20/2013

I like her films, i enjoyed one of her earlier films, a comedy set in the nixon era, don't remember the name but it was funny!

by Anonymousreply 2905/20/2013

The OP is destined to be Z-list for the rest of his life.

by Anonymousreply 3005/20/2013

R29, Dick!

by Anonymousreply 3105/20/2013

She can do comedy too. She was very funny in DICK and THE BAXTER.

by Anonymousreply 3205/20/2013

I never thought about her much except for she was that girl from Dawson's Creek. Then I saw her in Brokeback, she was an absolute revelation. That scene where she catches them kissing is some of the finest acting you will ever see. Period. For that scene, which lasts all of a minute, she captures every single nuance and runs the gamut of emotions, and she does it all without a single word, it's all on her face.

by Anonymousreply 3305/20/2013

I kind of hope so. I can't help it. I never liked any of her characters.

by Anonymousreply 3405/20/2013

R33, I think the undercurrents and overt expressions on her face when Ennis comes over to have dinner with her, the kids and her new husband take the cake. A total master class and proof that there are no small parts.

by Anonymousreply 3505/20/2013

She's higher than C. She was terrific in Blue Valentine, and held her own with Heath in Brokeback.

by Anonymousreply 3605/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.