Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Concerned Uncle

My grown niece has a 9 year old daughter. She is in a custody battle and I think she may be nuts. She convinced her 9 year old to post a "craigslist" ad in the missed connections section. The post says the 9 year old saw a young boy on a skateboard. She proceeds to describe herself and her clothing. She asks to connect with the boy she saw there. I think my niece has lost her mind. Am I being an old pearl clutcher or is this borderline child endangerment.

by Anonymousreply 3305/25/2013

Did you tell your sibling (her parent) about this? That's where you need to take this, not here.

by Anonymousreply 105/20/2013

The parent is my niece. She lives on the other side of the country. Her parents also were made aware. I am hoping they will get involved. I will jump in if necessary. I keep hoping she was hacked and this is a hoax but I really don't think that is the case.

by Anonymousreply 205/20/2013

More stupid than dangerous.

I mean, since when do skateboarding little boys read Craigslist "missed connection" ads?

by Anonymousreply 305/21/2013

She's likely sexually abusing your niece.

by Anonymousreply 405/21/2013

What's wrong with it? Maybe the kid saw her too and by a twist of fate checks the same section for a personal? Kind of cute really! Is it so wrong to believe in star crossed love?

by Anonymousreply 505/21/2013

I hopr r5 is kidding.

by Anonymousreply 705/21/2013

LOL @ R6. You GO girl!

by Anonymousreply 905/21/2013

OP, you forgot to mention what you're humpy nephew was doing while all this was going on.

by Anonymousreply 1005/21/2013

R6 you are a douche.

by Anonymousreply 1105/21/2013

r6 = psychopath

by Anonymousreply 1205/21/2013

Star-crossed love doesn't mean what you think it means, R5.

by Anonymousreply 1305/21/2013

Craigslist is not a safe place for a nine year old, a nineteen year old, or even a ninety year old. Haven't people been murdered and robbed off of craigslist? Your niece is definitely crazy. And how old is this boy she saw skateboarding?

by Anonymousreply 1405/21/2013

[quote]now this family is going to be all kinds of upset with each other over a little puppy love thing. Poor girl!

R8, I think they'll be more upset about all the sexual solicitations and close up cell phone pictures of grown mens' penises that probably began flooding the kid's email inbox 30 seconds after they posted a "harmless" "missed connections" ad.

by Anonymousreply 1505/21/2013

I meant to say I hope r6 is kidding.

There really are some evil people on this site.

by Anonymousreply 1605/21/2013

If the family has a brain in any of their collective heads the only thing they'll be upset over is that he didn't tell them at the start. That kid's Mom is an idiot (if ANY of this is true including the supposed ratting out).

by Anonymousreply 1705/21/2013

This story has near-future Teen Mom blasting from it.

What kinds of gifts go you give for a baby shower for an 11-year old?

by Anonymousreply 1905/21/2013

r14, people can be murdered walking down the street. Considering the amount of transaction Craigslist facilitates, statistically, it's not particularly unsafe.

by Anonymousreply 2005/21/2013

OP here...I contacted her immediate family immediately. She sent the email to several family members. Her grandparents are involved. I don't care if they find out about my post. Plus R6, you are so full of shit. OOOH, I am so scared of you. Fool!

by Anonymousreply 2105/21/2013

R6 you're an idiot, and like most idiots on the DL, even brag about their idiocy.

I often think the DL is the place to come if you want to read what the opposite of ethical is.

by Anonymousreply 2205/21/2013

I hope your niece doesn't find this thread, OP. She may use trolldar to cross-reference it with the one where you talk about sleeping with her father.

by Anonymousreply 2305/21/2013

hey weird uncle and u weirdos... i go to school with _____________ (your nice) and she thinks your a ass hole... another guy in our class txt us the link.. now we know your a huge creep! oooo SO SICK you dream of sleeping with ___________'s dad???? you are SO GROSS - shut up 4ever and leave __________ alone!!

by Anonymousreply 2405/21/2013

This is one of the more disturbing threads that I've read here on DL. I'm not sure whether OP or R6 or little Jason is scarier.

by Anonymousreply 2505/21/2013

[quote]SO SICK you dream of sleeping with ___________'s dad????

Oh, goodness me, I do wish I hadn't mentioned that . . .

by Anonymousreply 2605/21/2013

i'm not LITTLE and the only scary guy here is ____________'s uncle the GROSS ass hole!

by Anonymousreply 2705/21/2013

by Anonymousreply 2805/21/2013

This is an especially scary thread!

by Anonymousreply 2905/21/2013

Any update on this, OP? Have you been able to get through to the mom or what?

by Anonymousreply 3005/23/2013

[quote]hey weird uncle and u weirdos

Hark! Did someone say weirdos? They are three aisles left of the Spanish sowsaaage. I'm told they are completely edible! Bon appetit!

by Anonymousreply 3105/25/2013

I don't understand the point of the CL post. Was it the truth and the daughter really wanted to meet the boy? Or was it some kind of role-playing for the mom? In any case, I doubt the replies went directly to the 9-year-old.

by Anonymousreply 3205/25/2013

It sounds like the mom is weird herself and trying either to whore the daughter out or use her as bait to lure older pervs and go vigilante on them. Unfortunately probably the former. I'd also bet good money the mother is abusing prescription drugs.

by Anonymousreply 3305/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!