Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Gorgeous couple have Batman wedding

ZAM! POW! WOW! Amazing. This is what weddings is all about!

by Dick Graysonreply 8905/22/2013

The faceoff.

by Dick Graysonreply 105/20/2013

Gorgeous?

by Dick Graysonreply 205/20/2013

The whole comic.

by Dick Graysonreply 305/20/2013

Give it a rest, Heath Ledger troll!

by Dick Graysonreply 405/20/2013

Why the fat girl in the front?

This seems like a stunt intended to go viral to get free stuff from Ellen.

by Dick Graysonreply 505/20/2013

Could their looks be any blander?

by Dick Graysonreply 605/20/2013

In my opinion, this is as stupid as all get out, but if they're happy, that's all that matters.

I doubt I would agree to be in a friend's wedding who wanted something as silly as this one unless drugs were the groomsmen's gifts.

How did they enter the church, on trapezes and down bat poles?

by Dick Graysonreply 705/20/2013

What a bunch of morons, Typical of their inane, ignorant generation.

by Dick Graysonreply 805/20/2013

What if their first date was a batman movie you gaggle of bitter queens?

When my partner and I got together, right out of college, we didn't have two nickels to rub together. I would make quesadillas for dinner because they were cheap. 15 years later and more money than we would ever need, if we have a celebration, it is with homemade quesadillas. Granted it is usually with a vintage bottle of Louis Loederer Cristal now, but the memories mean a lot.

Sorry you guys don't have that sort of memory and fun spirit.

by Dick Graysonreply 905/20/2013

Only people with bad taste drink Cristal.

by Dick Graysonreply 1005/20/2013

R9, just so you don't come off as silly when you try to impress people again in the future, Cristal is made by Roederer...

by Dick Graysonreply 1105/20/2013

R11. I fucked up one letter. Big fucking deal

by Dick Graysonreply 1205/20/2013

Don't you fags try to steal the sanctity of heterosexual marriage!

by Dick Graysonreply 1305/20/2013

R9, when you and your partner have your next anniversary, can we count on a fully loaded quesadilla bar at the reception?

by Dick Graysonreply 1405/20/2013

Here is the photographer's story.

by Dick Graysonreply 1505/20/2013

Everybody's dead.

by Dick Graysonreply 1605/20/2013

Batman Cake

by Dick Graysonreply 1705/20/2013

The wedding guests had to take mugshots. OMG! How tacky.

by Dick Graysonreply 1805/20/2013

[quote]I doubt I would agree to be in a friend's wedding who wanted something as silly as this one unless drugs were the groomsmen's gifts.

I doubt they would be friends with someone as boring and stuck-up as you, so you have nothing to worry about.

by Dick Graysonreply 1905/20/2013

It seems like harmless fun. It's better than some big garish wedding.

by Dick Graysonreply 2005/20/2013

Wait a minute, OP. "Gorgeous?"

by Dick Graysonreply 2105/20/2013

Well, OP said the guy in the Google vid was gorgeous, too...

by Dick Graysonreply 2205/20/2013

This is garish, R20! They're in a church and presumably had some semblance of an actual ceremony. I can't imagine how terrible this was to witness. It all looks so tedious. And you know at least one of these two is going to be embarrassed in the future when they're looking at their wedding photos and seeing nothing but a bridal party in cartoon masks.

by Dick Graysonreply 2305/20/2013

r19 --

Nunh-unh!

I'm as fun as the next guy, but seriously, this is just juvenile, n'est-ce pas?

I give this marriage 40 months which is about how long it will take them both to regret this farce.

by Dick Graysonreply 2405/20/2013

R11, don't assume that everyone is from New York. R9 is from Japan.

by Dick Graysonreply 2505/20/2013

This is every 11 year old's dream wedding.

by Dick Graysonreply 2605/20/2013

Well, I wouldn't do it, but the vibe I get is that they are in some rural location and they are trying to have fun with it. I think there have been weddings that are more tacky that cost more - you see them profiled with videos in the NY Times, plus any suburban wedding.

I bet they stay married and have a bunch of kids.

by Dick Graysonreply 2705/20/2013

I don't get to the society pages as often as I might but does the NYTimes now feature videos?

by Dick Graysonreply 2805/20/2013

Hideous, sub-adult, tacky, all the men are ugly and all the women are fat.

There aren't enough drugs in the world to get me to go to a wedding like this, let alone be in the wedding party.

by Dick Graysonreply 2905/20/2013

I like the look of it from the safe distance of another continent and with no connection to the bride and groom, but I would hate it if one of my nearest and dearest did this.

by Dick Graysonreply 3005/20/2013

What R29 said

by Dick Graysonreply 3105/20/2013

Not what I would do, but it looks like they were having fun.

I have been to plenty of weddings that follow Miss Manners to a fare-thee-well. They are the ones more likely to divorce, since they are following an instruction booklet rather than their own life.

by Dick Graysonreply 3205/20/2013

It's not a question of etiquette, R32. It's the failure of imagination that causes these people to replace one set of rituals with another that they have based on a childish preoccupation.

And if they DID go to a Batman movie on their first date, they have no reason to be horribly ashamed of it (assuming that they were childhood sweethearts), but no reason to commemorate the fact either.

by Dick Graysonreply 3305/20/2013

Holy Bat-mazing!!

by Dick Graysonreply 3405/20/2013

It's a cute idea for a comic nerd like myself, but it could have been better executed.

by Dick Graysonreply 3505/20/2013

The bride and groom are each quite attractive (though not what I would call gorgeous).

I'm sure the wedding was a lot of fun for the participants and the guests, which is what matters in the end.

by Dick Graysonreply 3605/20/2013

I voted NO in the poll mainly because if you're going to allege to have a Batman wedding, then go all out! I never would've guessed this was a Batman theme from the picture if OP hadn't posted it.

by Dick Graysonreply 3705/20/2013

The groomsmen dressed as Jokers, Riddlers, Penguins, and the bridesmaids as Catwomen, Batgirls, Harley Quinns...

by Dick Graysonreply 3805/20/2013

I want to see the groom's feets.

by Dick Graysonreply 3905/20/2013

ALL weddings are cliches and boring as hell. From the overly serious ceremony to the first dance, to the toasts, to the cake cutting, etc. Boring, boring, boring and oh so predictable. I'd rather watch paint dry than attend another straight wedding filled with cliches.

So this looks like they at least had fun. I think the couple will last longer than those who need their stupid "fairy tail" bullshit weddings of bad music, bad dresses, and the same old, same old.

by Dick Graysonreply 4005/20/2013

The theme itself is childish, but what bothers me is it seems like minimal effort was put into everything. From their appearances, to the mug shot photo area. It looks like some fourth grade class project.

by Dick Graysonreply 4105/20/2013

I wouldn't do it, but they did their wedding on their terms with their friends. She's no bridezilla and let her bridesmaids wear what they wanted. Always a good sign. They were true to themselves, probably didn't spend an insane amount of money, and it's clear that they have shared interests and are game for fun. The reception photos are nice. It may seem childish but everyone seems to be enjoying themselves in a relaxed setting. (except for the guy in the caftan nursing a gin tonic) I suspect they get along better than a lot of couples a will continue to do so.

by Dick Graysonreply 4205/20/2013

[quote]This is garish, [R20]! They're in a church and presumably had some semblance of an actual ceremony. I can't imagine how terrible this was to witness.

Mary!

by Dick Graysonreply 4305/20/2013

[quote]I never would've guessed this was a Batman theme from the picture if OP hadn't posted it.

It's not a Batman theme--OP was wrong.

Look at the links. It's a Nightwing/Batgirl theme.

by Dick Graysonreply 4405/20/2013

R44 = Sheldon Cooper

by Dick Graysonreply 4505/20/2013

White people with too much time...

by Dick Graysonreply 4605/20/2013

Charlotte. Trailer. Trash.

by Dick Graysonreply 4705/20/2013

Quinceañeras are the the epitome of too much time (and money) on one's hands.

by Dick Graysonreply 4805/20/2013

[quote]So this looks like they at least had fun. I think the couple will last longer than those who need their stupid "fairy tail" bullshit weddings of bad music, bad dresses, and the same old, same old.[/quote]

I enjoy fairy tail very much.

by Dick Graysonreply 4905/20/2013

Hey!! HEY EVERYBODY! LOOK!! LOOK AT US!! LOOK HOW ADORABLE WE ARE!!!

Won't some famous talk show person PLEASE TALK ABOUT US?!? Maybe give us a free vacation to Universal Studios!?!?

Aren't we just ADOOOORRRABLE??

by Dick Graysonreply 5005/20/2013

So you think the GF agreed to this to appease her boyish groom?

I would love to see the groom and one of the hot groomsmen in a Batman/Robin homoerotic pose.

by Dick Graysonreply 5105/20/2013

More like they got a discount on the photography if they allowed the pics to be used on the photographer's website, R50.

by Dick Graysonreply 5205/20/2013

Too weird. I'm sick of hearing about weddings and marriage overall, at this point.

by Dick Graysonreply 5305/20/2013

I'm with R41. All the bridesmaids have different shoes on, the groomsmen all look like they were told just wear black pants and a black shirt (rather than getting ones that matched with each other) and I would murder any groomsman who wore those "footie" socks with their tux rather than regular black dress socks. Fail.

by Dick Graysonreply 5405/20/2013

His nose is like an Olympic ski jump.

by Dick Graysonreply 5505/20/2013

This is why I hate us.

by Dick Graysonreply 5605/20/2013

Did I touch a nerve, R48? Go enslave some more races, honky...

by Dick Graysonreply 5705/20/2013

I love that the dresses don't match. I suspect the bride told all her girlfriends to just wear their Little Black Dress, most girls already own one.

That's what every bride ought to do, instead of making her friends and relations buy expensive dresses they can never wear again.

by Dick Graysonreply 5805/21/2013

I'm having a Two Girls One Cup themed wedding.

by Dick Graysonreply 5905/21/2013

LOL @ honky. That always makes me giggle.

by Dick Graysonreply 6005/21/2013

white people

by Dick Graysonreply 6105/21/2013

I think it's sweet and endearing and I wish them well.

by Dick Graysonreply 6205/21/2013

Their flowers were made from comic books. They said they saved a fortune on flowers this way and they never die.

by Dick Graysonreply 6305/21/2013

What do we think of their cake? The in-laws made it. It has a working Bat Signal.

by Dick Graysonreply 6405/21/2013

Looks like they enjoyed their wedding and it was what they wanted to do.

There are some [bold]real[/bold] cunts posting in this thread.

by Dick Graysonreply 6505/21/2013

I think its cute. The wedding and memories are theirs, not yours, so many of you cunts can go fuck off and die

by Dick Graysonreply 6605/21/2013

I wouldn't want this for my son or daughter.

by Dick Graysonreply 6705/21/2013

Any loving mother would die from humiliation at this wedding. It's like they wanted to embarass their parents!

by Dick Graysonreply 6805/21/2013

Douche chills!

by Dick Graysonreply 6905/21/2013

The epitome of white trash.

by Dick Graysonreply 7005/21/2013

[quote] Granted it is usually with a vintage bottle of Louis Loederer Cristal now, but the memories mean a lot.

All Cristal is vintage.

by Dick Graysonreply 7105/21/2013

They not look like Batman. At all.

by Dick Graysonreply 7205/21/2013

I like the flowers.

by Dick Graysonreply 7305/21/2013

It's there wedding and they are not hurting anyone. Let them have their fun. It looks like it would far more entertaining than the stuffy, boring, traditional weddings everyone else has.

by Dick Graysonreply 7405/21/2013

If they paid for their wedding themselves, then of course, knock themselves out.

If I was a parent of either one of these ree-tards, I would have told them not only no, but HELL NO.

by Dick Graysonreply 7505/21/2013

R75 Then the two can congratulate themselves on having parents that actually care about what their kids want instead of forcing their idea of a wedding on them. For all we know the parents are comic geeks as well. Whatever they are, they are not cunts like some of the posters here.

by Dick Graysonreply 7605/21/2013

LOL r68!

by Dick Graysonreply 7705/21/2013

Dearest r76 --

I do not mind being labeled a cunt by you or some others posting.

The fact remains that there is no way I would pay for a "funny book wedding" to appease my son's or daughter's childish whim.

It just wouldn't happen.

No doubt I will stay up tonight worrying that this may upset you ….

by Dick Graysonreply 7805/21/2013

Not to my taste but I agree with those arguing that it made the wedding more fun for the participants. Nothing wrong with that. We don't all value elegance.

by Dick Graysonreply 7905/21/2013

R78 I'm not upset, just happy for the couple that they don't have you as a parent. Have a nice day.

by Dick Graysonreply 8005/21/2013

It's not actually a Batman wedding. It's a Nightwing/Batgirl wedding.

And I think it's adorable, especially since this was clearly something that bonded them together. Their wedding was a representation of their relationship, not something pulled from a bridal magazine because it was "traditional" or "elegant."

Also I like that wedding party was unisex on both sides.

by Dick Graysonreply 8105/21/2013

Dont worry R78. Im pretty sure if you had kids they would never ask you to pay for their wedding. In fact, I would wager they wouldn't even invite you. You sound like a downer.

by Dick Graysonreply 8205/21/2013

[quote]Bride & Groom - US US US US US US LOOK AT US!!

I know what you mean. I hate weddings that are all about the couple getting married.

by Dick Graysonreply 8305/21/2013

I work weddings all the time. I see the same old same old all the time. White Dress, Black Tux, Pretty flower cake that tastes like cardboard, "Party Rock" played during the dance set while all the old people stare blankly cuz they have no connection to the young uns. I see a lot of money wasted on pointless stuff. And I see a lot of bored guests who aren't sure what to do with themselves during the reception and are just waiting for the evening to be over.

I would TOTALLY loved to have been at this wedding. And I'm sure the staff on it thought it was finally an interesting gig to work! They had a fun theme, not pretentious. They probably saved money & were able to spend it on giving everyone a fun time. Even the oldest among them were bound to find themselves smiling and laughing at the cute antics. I mean it's not like she was in a catsuit & he was in a codpiece (though I wouldn't mind seeing that). I can look at these pics and totally get a sense of who they are and what their friends are like. Yeah, they're not my generation, but I hope that I'd be so creative if I were their age. I say job well done.

by Dick Graysonreply 8405/21/2013

Well said R84.

by Dick Graysonreply 8505/21/2013

[quote]I want to see the groom's feets.

Your wish is my command.

by Dick Graysonreply 8605/22/2013

Because the most important thing is that the hired help have a good time.

by Dick Graysonreply 8705/22/2013

I think the groom is a hottie ...Id tap that ass ...

by Dick Graysonreply 8805/22/2013

Whenever I see a wedding or a pregnant woman, the only thing that comes to mind is I wish them the best.

by Dick Graysonreply 8905/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.