Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Buzzfeed’s Partnership With Koch Brothers Under Fire

The Koch Brothers seem to be in the middle of a strategy shift. Previously the billionaire oil barons who made their money the old fashioned way (they inherited it) used various think tanks like the Cato Institute and the Reason Foundation to launder their deregulation and tax cut agenda. Now the Kochs, after advancing astroturfing groups like FreedomWorks to browbeat the press, are trying to get into the media business outright. Various properties have caught their eye for purchase including the Tribune Company and now they are seeing partnership opportunities with popular blogs. Enter Buzzfeed and their “immigration summit” event which was sponsored by the Charles Koch Institute.

. . .

by Anonymousreply 605/22/2013

Finally! Something concrete to use whenever I try to explain to people that Buzzfeed is more than the vapid, list compiling, poorly edited site that it pretends to be.

by Anonymousreply 105/20/2013

Most of their actual articles are obviously biased propaganda, really slimy ugly stuff and the commenters call them out for it

by Anonymousreply 205/22/2013

I will never, EVER, link to Buzzfeed again.

by Anonymousreply 305/22/2013

Oh, and another thing: anytime anyone does send me a link to Buzzfeed, I will be responding with a reminder that Buzzfeed partners with the Evil Koch Brothers.

by Anonymousreply 405/22/2013

I stopped reading Buzzfeed during the election when I noticed how anti-Obama and pro-Romney the site was.

by Anonymousreply 505/22/2013

BuzzFeed makes it LGBT subsite very pro-Republican. I've heard they're not getting enough visitors on that section, and may actually shut it down.

by Anonymousreply 605/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!