Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Is there Sunday mail WTF?

I mailed a payment to American Express on Sat. and they just emailed they got it. How?

by Anonymousreply 2305/21/2013

This sounds extremely Twilight Zoney to me.

by Anonymousreply 105/20/2013

Maybe you mailed it last Saturday and have been in a coma all week?

by Anonymousreply 205/20/2013

maybe r2....maybe I went thru a portal in time or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 305/20/2013

How old are you OP? I can't remember anyone who isn't over 60 that still mails in bills.

Try bill pay, you'll wonder how you ever did without it.

by Anonymousreply 405/20/2013

I like to mail checks sometimes...i have very good penmanship and I don't like to waste it. (plus vanguard doesn't offer bill pay)

and I'm not 60!! i'd be in bed if I was instead of stoned and on cam4

by Anonymousreply 505/20/2013

If you are in NYC they have a private mail service that gets their mail from a centralized USPS lock box and takes them to their processing center, 7 days a week.

So if you mail it on Saturday in NYC, in theory, it can be sorted and delivered to the lock box later that day. Once at the lock box, Amex can have at it whenever they get there.

Just pay online, OP, it's much easier.

by Anonymousreply 605/20/2013

The post office sorts weekend mail. Although there isn't any home or business delivery, mail is put into post office boxes.

It surprises me that AmEx has billing department people working Sundays.

by Anonymousreply 705/20/2013

We used to have mail boxes here and there and it sucks because they took out most of them. There are a lot of people who are pissed off because there are still some bills that require to be payed via regular mail. Also,many people don't want to pay their bills online because of hacking, and they should have a choice. I know of several people whose accounts were hacked into ,and they said never again will they do transactions via websites online. I think we as a nation, are setting ourselves up for major problems. Put the net into the correct perspective people.

by Anonymousreply 805/20/2013

r8, yeah, hacking happens but the risk is so minimal that it's not a reason to avoid paying for things online if it's more convenient for you. Unless you're a paranoid schizophrenic like my father who believes his downstairs neighbors and ex-wives are key logging his computer and controlling his oven with a remote control.

by Anonymousreply 905/20/2013

R9, a friend's brother believes someone is inside his mother's wall furnace.

He's also gone over the White House fence three times now. He has an urgent message from God for the President.

R8, if I'm not sure about a site's online security, I use a very low balance card. I've been paying all of my bills online for years and also do most of my shopping online and have never had a problem.

by Anonymousreply 1005/20/2013

[quote]He's also gone over the White House fence three times now. He has an urgent message from God for the President.

It would be much faster & less dangerous to text it.

by Anonymousreply 1105/20/2013

Does Am Ex always send an e-mail acknowledgment? No wonder the world economy is fucked up!

by Anonymousreply 1205/20/2013

I agree, because he ends up in the booby for several months every time. He would have been shot by now except that the SS and guards know him. He won't go near a computer or cell phone so texting is out.

by Anonymousreply 1305/20/2013

Couldn't he try sending a letter?

by Anonymousreply 1405/20/2013

I ordered something on amazon.com on Monday morning and got it on Tuesday. I've never had anything like that happen before

by Anonymousreply 1505/20/2013

You may inadvertently have paid for Two-Day Shipping, R15.

Even though you get Free Shipping if you spend more than $25, Amazon's default setting when you're checking out is to charge you for Two-Day Shipping. This costs $14.97 for a two-book order I just checked on.

I made the mistake once of not checking "Free Shipping" and I was surprised when my item got there the next day. I called them and they refunded the charge, however.

by Anonymousreply 1605/20/2013

R15 Zappo's does that all the time. It's a little freaky.

by Anonymousreply 1705/20/2013

[quote]Does Am Ex always send an e-mail acknowledgment? No wonder the world economy is fucked up!

How is that screwing up the economy?

by Anonymousreply 1805/21/2013

What the message R10?

by Anonymousreply 1905/21/2013

They use owls.

by Anonymousreply 2005/21/2013

R18, it take a person to push a button that sends that e-mail. And that person could could be used otherwise to assist a patron instead of the now common and stupid robocalls. Use your dickwad brain.

by Anonymousreply 2105/21/2013

the person records that the check was received and then the computer emails---you still need someone to open the envelope dickward psycho

by Anonymousreply 2205/21/2013

r6 is correct. Within NYC next day delivery is the USPS objective and using 9-digit ZIP is a guarantee.

by Anonymousreply 2305/21/2013
Need more help? Click Here.