Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you know or are friends with any movie stars or celebrities?

What are they like? Discuss!

by Anonymousreply 3405/23/2013

Like I'm going to tell you (snort)

by Anonymousreply 105/19/2013

Honestly, famous people are just like members of any other social clique. If they perceive you to be one of them, or close to someone they deem cool, they are unguarded and normal. However, if a stranger approaches one with a camera phone or a stack of pictures to sign, they will probably react as you would if the drunk homeless guy who lives behind the dumpster approaches you. Of course there are exceptions, but generally that's the way it goes. If you ever find yourself around one, act unimpressed and as if you barely recognize them. The reaction will work in your favor. Oh, and this is major: don't ever say "I love your movies/show!" Pick one preferably less well known role, and say, "I so enjoyed YOUR PERFORMANCE in -----" They love that.

by Anonymousreply 205/19/2013

Yes. Many. They're all different from each other just like everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 305/19/2013

This is the ULTIMATE DL thead.

by Anonymousreply 405/19/2013

Can you ever really 'know' or be 'friends' with a movie star or celebrity?

by Anonymousreply 505/19/2013

You can certainly be friendly with them. That's what I meant, not becoming bffs.

by Anonymousreply 605/19/2013

O welcome back,swf,I missed you!

by Anonymousreply 705/19/2013

Come on swf, just gave you a shout out on another thread; dish baby! Hopefully the sad basement dwelling DL trolls have learned to play nice.

by Anonymousreply 805/19/2013

My sister worked for Tammy Wynette and she loved her, Tammy was generous and sweet to her.

by Anonymousreply 905/19/2013

Not many people here fit the OP's description.

by Anonymousreply 1005/20/2013

I'm friends with a well known Olympian. He's great...but doesn't wear deodorant.

by Anonymousreply 1105/20/2013

I know Ann-Margret well eno ugh to exchange birthday and Christmas cards with her and Roger. Shs is a lovely kind person whom I've never heard say a bad word about anyone.

by Anonymousreply 1205/20/2013

I was friends with someone we talk about here from time to time, before s/he became famous.

by Anonymousreply 1305/20/2013

s/he? Hmm...

by Anonymousreply 1405/20/2013

[quote]I was friends with someone we talk about here from time to time, before s/he became famous.

This is an anonymous message board. What is the point of posting the above, which tells us nothing!

by Anonymousreply 1505/20/2013

Yes, they are very different from each other in terms of how they interact with regular people. It depends on their level of fame sometimes. Celebrities tend to be very cautious about your intentions. Just treat them like any other person.

by Anonymousreply 1605/20/2013

My friend slept with Janie Lane.. and then he died!

by Anonymousreply 1705/20/2013

I dated Tom Cruise... and then the Church of $cientology found out and had me whacked. I am currently residing at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean in a rusty yellow barrel. Sponge Bob lives next door in his fucking Pineapple. Hi, Patrick!

by Anonymousreply 1805/20/2013

I'm becoming friends with one right now. She is so flakey, it annoys the shit out of me. But, I do not chase after her or be available at her whim. That is why she keeps coming back I think. A mutual friend told me of her troubles and I want to be sympathic but she is not making it easy. Really nice and smart though.

by Anonymousreply 1905/20/2013

Can't anyone just give a teeny tiny hint about who they're friends with?

by Anonymousreply 2005/20/2013

I would love to r20, but I just don't think it's cool. A very good friend LOVES this person and I haven't even told her about the budding friendship, because I don't think it's right. She'll ask too many questions and want to all hang out together. Then I have to set something up with the celebrity and i can see it becoming a pain in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 2105/20/2013

Why are gay men so obsessed with celebrity?

Is it part of the whole gay mental disorder?

by Anonymousreply 2205/20/2013

Ok R21, I can understand that, thanks for the explanation.

by Anonymousreply 2305/20/2013

R22, sometimes I think it's about belonging and/or wanting to be in the know. Not talking about gay people specifically, but all people.

by Anonymousreply 2405/20/2013

I have immediate family that works directly and closely with more super-popular celebrities than I'd be able to count. I've purposely never asked for a shred of gossip or an event invite, though I've wanted to soooooo badly.

Me? I have been friends with a handful of people who were on reality TV competition shows. I went to school with a woman from basically one cable show who the teen/young adult group might be familiar with, and who hangs with all well-knowns, but I think she'd qualify as barely D-list.

As a kid, I knew three child actors who don't really work anymore or aren't really cared about (all in their 30s).

Not many people on here are going to be naming names and giving deets, especially if the scoop is fairly current.

by Anonymousreply 2505/20/2013

Where is "Charlie"? He knew everybody!

Did the DL drive him off?

by Anonymousreply 2605/21/2013

This thread is useless without names.

by Anonymousreply 2705/21/2013

I know three who are actors. One is mid-level to low-level famous, and the other two are working actors but hardly famous. They're supporting actors and while they have had "story arcs" they have never been a regular though they both do a lot of TV & commercial work.

All I can tell you is that they are normal people. The one thing all of them have in common is their complete absorption in their vocation. They love acting. They are dedicated to it, would do it for free.

They belong to repertory companies and do whatever work they can get. They're very knowledgeable about their craft, they have wonderful stories, and are fun to be around.

They love to people watch, and sometimes when we are out, we all will make up back stories about other diners, or people we see at the Mall, or the bars. They especially like to watch little kids. Like ages from 4 to 6. They a re the most open and uninhibited and you can really watch them figure things out. Or not.

by Anonymousreply 2805/21/2013

R26, I'm on DL much less than I used to- and yes- I have been "driven away". After a while it really is unpleasant to be called a liar among a lot of other nasty things.

I was at a Broadway Cares benefit last night, one time production of "The Night Larry Kramer Kissed Me" with an a old friend, well known fellow in the gay and Democratic world- friend of mine since '76- long before he was famous. I spoke with a few "famous" gay men last night, one or two I know more than in passing, including Larry Kramer. Larry is a difficult man, always has been- but he has done some great work and been a great activist. He is very frail.

They are all quite normal and polite. I long ago found that fame or celebrity does not impart much of anything on anyone that distinguishes them from less well known people. I would say what separates people from each other the most is money- those who have a lot and those who do not in particular. That is all I'm gonna say and return to my anonimity to avoid the nasty reponses that I've grown weary of.

by Anonymousreply 2905/21/2013

A cute boy I new almost twenty years ago had sex with Tom Cruise when they were taking Uta Hagen's acting class. In NYC.

My best friend replaced Woody Harrelson as a line cook at a restaurant called Pershings. Woody had punched the female owner and went on to Cheers not too long after that. Also NYC.

Lots of famous people have been customers at our shop. Lenny Kravitz,Rosie,Joaquin Phoenix,Matt Damon& his wife,Gloria &Emilio Estavez,Ralph Lauren, Queen Latiffa...

When I worked at the Hamburger Hamlet on Sunset&Doheny my friends roommate got blown by Richard Gere. He was married to Cindy Crawford at the time,and pretended he wasn't RG! This was LA.

Norman Mailer said I made the best bacon cheeseburger he'd ever had,when I worked at Fat Jacks in Provincetown! I also got to chat with him about Gore Vidal's memoir. GV and I went to the same summer camp,but many years apart.

At the time of the RG story Cindy Crawford was a regular at The Palm,a lesbian( biker!) bar in WH.

by Anonymousreply 3005/22/2013

BUMPy Yy y y

by Anonymousreply 3105/23/2013

A second-tier cast member on "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills"--surprisingly, one of the nicest people I've ever known.

by Anonymousreply 3205/23/2013

Charlie, I enjoy your posts. Ignore the mean girls and come back -- share your wit and knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 3305/23/2013

[quote] I'm becoming friends with one right now. She is so flakey, it annoys the shit out of me.

It's Ro, isn't it..?

by Anonymousreply 3405/23/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!