Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I just watched 'Anatomy of a Murder'

Excellent movie. Very frank for 1959. Otto was good!

by Anonymousreply 905/25/2013

Unbelievably, Lana Turner was cast in the Lee Remick part but walked out--supposedly--because of disagreements over her costumes.

by Anonymousreply 105/18/2013

Lee Remick was a much better actress than Lana Turner, so the movie was improved by that cast change. Perfect casting, perfect movie -- true story, written by a lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 205/18/2013

See, if you'd kept up with the TCM Troll threads all along, you would've found this out sooner.

by Anonymousreply 305/18/2013

Lana Turner was so very hard looking she would not have looked 'rapable', unlike that little cutie, Lee Remick. When Lee aked Jimmy Stewart's character if she bounced too much & needed a girdle I thought 'oh honey, you can come bounce over my way anytime'. She was peaches n cream, girl next door, sexy.

by Anonymousreply 405/18/2013

R2, Otto Preminger claimed that Lana Turner walked out because she only wanted to wear gowns by Jean Louis, which Preminger felt wasn't realistic for the character. Lana, however, claimed that she would never walk out of picture for something so trivial as that. She insisted it was because she couldn't handle Preminger's unpredictable temper.

I found Ben Gazzara's deep-voiced brutishness so sexy in this. I could see why Lee Remick's character kept coming back to this bad boy.

by Anonymousreply 505/18/2013

Loved Lee Remick! Great in this and DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES. Saw Remick in WAIT UNTIL DARK on Broadway when I was 16 years old.

by Anonymousreply 605/18/2013

Maybe the subject matter of the film mirrored Lana's real life a little too closely and that is why she backed out?

It was a great movie, I'm surprised that it didn't win best picture.

by Anonymousreply 705/19/2013

"Experiment in Terror" is more enjoyable.

by Anonymousreply 805/19/2013

"Advise and Consent" is another Preminger movie from the same era. Haven't seen it in years---wonder if it's any good.

by Anonymousreply 905/25/2013
Need more help? Click Here.