Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Do you think it takes too long to make a film?

It takes a fucking year before the Avengers come out. My god that's a long time.

by Anonymousreply 1305/19/2013

Sometimes it's two years before a film get's in theaters. By the time some indies get in the theater, I've lost interest.

by Anonymousreply 105/18/2013

You know its a huge global industry with tons of different parties involved? Not even accounting for the time involved in such a production that is special effects laden and has huge set pieces.

by Anonymousreply 205/18/2013

For a huge film like Avengers, it takes 3-5 months to film, about 3-5 months to edit and add post production effects. Then the last 2 months for screenings, pick ups, more editing and marketing.

So, no.

by Anonymousreply 305/18/2013

That's the problem with those big-budget special effects extravaganzas, it takes forever to make the cool stuff look that cool.

by Anonymousreply 405/19/2013

Hang in there, OP. That's rough!

by Anonymousreply 505/19/2013

Some movies are made in two weeks, OP.

Cassavetes took years and long breaks sometimes to make his films because he would run out of money and he and Gena would have to land more acting jobs to pay to get the production back up.

The Avengers isn't anything worth thinking about at all.

by Anonymousreply 605/19/2013

Why the hell does it matter to anyone when a film is released?

"I refuse to see it because I read in Entertainment Weekly that it went into production 18 months ago."

by Anonymousreply 705/19/2013

Lol R7.

Animated movies take even longer.

by Anonymousreply 805/19/2013

You're 15, right OP?

by Anonymousreply 905/19/2013

I agree with R7. Who cares how long a movie takes to be made, unless it's dated upon release. All I care about is the finished product. Regarding "Avengers" and other franchises, Hollywood sometimes holds them back for a suitable amount of time, thinking no one wants to see a sequel four months after it's predecessor. Such happened with the last two "Harry Potter" movies.

by Anonymousreply 1005/19/2013

I wasn't talking about big budget films. It bothers me that a small film can take years before it is finally shown. I know big budget films will eventually make it to the theaters but those aren't the films I'm most interested in.

by Anonymousreply 1105/19/2013

I think that's the OP's IQ, R9.

by Anonymousreply 1205/19/2013

Go make a movie, then tell me how long it should take. For fuck's sake, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1305/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.