Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Know what I hate?

When I come to datalounge, and everything is suddenly reset... my settings, my contributor id, and all the threads in my thread-watcher. Gone.

UGH.

I hate when that happens.

by Anonymousreply 2306/16/2013

... I should point out none of my other sites lost their settings, cookies, or anything. Just this one. Dammit.

And the stupid thread search function is non-existent.

by Anonymousreply 105/18/2013

Yes, happens to me too. Usually I'll notice there's a duplicate of everythread and then my thread watcher is reset.

by Anonymousreply 205/18/2013

When I want to search for something here, R1, I enter "datalounge" as a search term on google.

I, too, deplore the resetting. You'd think a pay site would have a bit of technical superiority, but no. DL is the most technostupid site I use.

All I want are two really commonplace features:

1. the edit function almost every message board/forum in the universe has.

2. the ability to see nothing but "new posts" every time I come back to the site. It's always mixed, and never consistent in terms of the number of all posts v. new posts. This part is so illogical, it seems they just do it this way to be mean (which of course would be consistent with DL's "bitchery" mission).

by Anonymousreply 305/18/2013

If I could edit, I could revise my first sentence in R3 to say "I enter 'datalounge' as a search term, in addition to what I'm searching for."

But I can't.

Does anyone know why they don't provide such a bare-bones feature?

by Anonymousreply 405/18/2013

[quote]Does anyone know why they don't provide such a bare-bones feature?

Does anyone know why this site is run the way it is in the first place? I don't understand why it's not setup with a standard sql based template like the majority of other forums use. The templates are free so I don't know why DL doesn't take advantage of it, but I assume there has to be a reason.

by Anonymousreply 505/18/2013

[quote]standard sql based template

R5 (or anyone), can you provide links to such formus? Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 605/18/2013

Aaaaand, it just randomly lost my contributor id and settings again. This time, at least, my thread watcher stayed around.

This really is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 705/19/2013

I hate it too, OP, particularly when there are a lot of interesting threads I have in my saved settings, let alone threads that I've started that I like to keep a tab of. Everything is just wiped away when it resets, and you have to go through all the pages just to find the ones you were active in before. Annoying.

by Anonymousreply 805/19/2013

R8, you don't have to go through "pages".

Just go to your settings and set the "items per page" to 999.

Then there's only one page, and you can use your browser's "find on page" feature to search for things.

Of course, if the thread is older than a few days it drops off the end, and all you can do at that point is hope Google will get you there.

by Anonymousreply 905/19/2013

I think it's meant to be clunky and dated.

by Anonymousreply 1005/19/2013

OP, if you're going to bother to pay to post, why not start actually interesting threads?

And learn how to set your cookie preferences, knucklehead.

by Anonymousreply 1105/19/2013

R11, my cookie preferences are just fine. Stop trying to be so superior, it makes you look and sound like an idiot and an ass. You're not pulling it off.

by Anonymousreply 1205/19/2013

R12, when you assert the impossible, you just sound like a liar and a moron. Your preferences are changed because you cleared your cookies. That is why that happens. Go weave a basket.

by Anonymousreply 1305/19/2013

R13, sorry, you're wrong.

I know what cookies are. I do not clear them. And in case you can't read, sometimes only a FEW things are lost.

The problem is in the datalounge code, not with me.

Get over yourself. I know more about computers and the internet than you, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 1405/19/2013

Nope, I get the same. I should know as I often clear my cookies. Even when I don't, if it's a day later, all my tracked threads are gone.

R13, take your finger outta your ass and wash it please. I can smell the shitty finger used to type your posts.

by Anonymousreply 1505/19/2013

I hate when datalounge commands me to do stuff like "Get thread status" and "Get new posts." Dude, you have to pay me to run this board!

by Anonymousreply 1605/19/2013

I've been coming here since 03 and the only that has happened to me is when the site has been redesigned. Your cookies are being cleared whether you believe it or not.

by Anonymousreply 1705/19/2013

Well, except that none of my other site settings are lost (passwords, settings, sessions, etc).

I know you think you know everything, but clearly you don't.

by Anonymousreply 1805/19/2013

It never has happened to me. Everything here runs perfectly all the time for me, allowing me to thoroughly enjoy the unparalleled wit and exciting news available to me for only $18 per year.

by Anonymousreply 1905/19/2013

(giggling insanely at R19)

Thanks, I needed that :-)

by Anonymousreply 2005/19/2013

I hate it when my house blows away in a tornado and lands in a magical land. But I always just click my ruby red slippers while saying "there is no place like home" three times and all is well again. Perhaps this will work for you too, OP?

by Anonymousreply 2105/19/2013

This has never happened to me in the 8 years I've been here. Maybe it only happens to those who pay?

by Anonymousreply 2205/19/2013

Is anyone else having problems with datalounge loading? I keep getting a "datalounge is not responding" warning. This is the only site I visit on a regular basis where I'm having these issues.

by Anonymousreply 2306/16/2013
Need more help? Click Here.