Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

President Biden

by Joereply 4205/19/2013

he's clearly too old, but I LOVE the smile

by Joereply 105/17/2013

Only if Obama is removed from office or resigns.

by Joereply 205/17/2013

Dream on, Joe...

by Joereply 305/17/2013

I remember not really wanting to impeach GWB because that would mean the true malignant agent of the Bush Administration, Darth Cheney, would take over the presidency.

I did not see how the country would be better served by jumping from the frying pan into the fire itself.

by Joereply 405/17/2013

Joe is actually a really good guy.

by Joereply 505/17/2013

Never gonna happen.

by Joereply 605/17/2013

What about when Obama has to resign?

by Joereply 705/17/2013

He has had a lot of personal family tragedies, I dont know how the guy can even have such a positive attitude and smiling.

by Joereply 805/17/2013

President Biden... then I'll be able to run all the trains!

by Joereply 905/17/2013

It does have a nice ring to it. However, how old will he be after Hillary's 8 years in office?

by Joereply 1005/18/2013

I don't know. I keep thinking of him laughing like an asshole during the debates. I can't get that image out of my head.

by Joereply 1105/18/2013

It must suck to know that you're a competent enough guy and that everyone likes you, yet a star that's much bigger than you will probably take the nomination that traditionally goes to you.

by Joereply 1205/18/2013

Nicky Arnstein, Nicky Arnstein!

by Joereply 1405/18/2013

but if B.O. doesn't finish his term due to scandal!!!! I'm in!

by Joereply 1505/18/2013

I love Uncle Joe but President? No, no, no!

by Joereply 1605/18/2013

Go home, Joe. You're drunk.

by Joereply 1705/18/2013

Will Hillary and Huma raise the baby together in the White House? That would be so sweet. (and they need to keep the baby away from that horrible penis show-er Huma is bearded with.)

by Joereply 1805/18/2013

He's not a progressive either. He should have been dumped from the ticket when he said that "those jobs aren't coming back."

by Joereply 1905/18/2013

There is no excuse for anybody from Delaware not being willing to take on the rich and not knowing how an economy creates jobs.

by Joereply 2005/18/2013

I stopped liking him after his 'Obama is clean and articulate" comment.

by Joereply 2205/18/2013

[quote]What about when Obama has to resign?

Never gonna happen.

by Joereply 2305/18/2013

thanks for that op and r14. my test of compatibility with a potential bf is whether his name is "singable". sigh -- "i'lll never see him again"

by Joereply 2405/18/2013

I always liked him, he is badass and tough as nails, plus nobody knows Washington and the international political scene better than Joe! Too bad he might not get a shot at the presidency. But who knows - maybe him and Hillary as VP is the next ticket.

by Joereply 2605/18/2013

He's still handsome

by Joereply 2705/18/2013

Notice how he has so little hair on the back of his head that it drapes down? That's because they used most of it for his hair transplants. Overly white teeth bleaching. This makes him look like wax. No pres chance, joe.

by Joereply 2805/18/2013

Biden is a true statesman, I'm glad he's our VP.

by Joereply 2905/18/2013

This. Will. Never. Happen.

by Joereply 3005/18/2013

Obama picked him because he had the insider stature, and political savvy Obama lacked, and he had heavy-duty foreign policy cred. He is excellent with the blue -collar white voters, too.

He was torn about taking the job, because he really, really, really wanted to be Secretary of State. But, when he was assured he would have a serious role to play and real work to do, he accepted. At the time he looked at it as a great way to cap his career, as Vice President.

All this talk about Joe running for President is simply posturing. It's not real. Joe would be the first person to endorse Hillary if she decides to run. He's doing this to not appear as a Lame Duck and to maintain leverage as a political operative in the Senate.

Joe loves politicking and Obama hates it. Obama gave Joe the gun control legislation and when it failed Joe took it very personally. There's only one thing that would prevent Hillary from running. Her health. If her health holds up, she is there.

by Joereply 3105/18/2013

If President, I'll get rid of that huge limousine and replace it with a bitchin' 'Vette.

by Joereply 3205/18/2013

Can we get a Biden/Biden ticket with Daddy Joe and Beau?

by Joereply 3305/18/2013

Beau is definitely the Biden to watch. he'll be President one day if he wants it.

by Joereply 3405/18/2013

R19 is an idiot. It's one thing to think Biden won't be president, but it's absurd to claim that he isn't liberal.

He's arguably more to the left of Obama when it comes to what he says in public. Remember -- it was him that caused Obama to come out for marriage equality.

He's been an excellent VP, and I wouldn't be opposed to him being a VP institution under Democratic presidents, but I think we'd have a better chance at the White House if Hillary ran.

by Joereply 3505/18/2013

Joe "wrote" the Patriot Act after the Oklahoma City bombing.

by Joereply 3605/18/2013

R33 No. The Prez and VP have to be from different states.

by Joereply 3705/18/2013

No they don't R33. If there is such a legal requirement Constitutionally I wish you'd link to it. The only reason the Presidential nominees and the Vice Presidential nominees come from different states, and often from different regions is to satisfy political considerations. Regional differences such as those presented by JFK and LBJ were addressed by "balancing the ticket." But then you had two southern boys, Clinton & Gore so that exploded the regional myth. Carter/Mondale had a Southern Baptist & a Minnesota Farm/Labor Liberal. But these are decisions based on political constituencies and regions they are not rules.

by Joereply 3805/19/2013

I think our party is in FANTASTIC shape for the next 50 years in fielding presidential candidates.

Hillary, Julian Castro, Elizabeth Warren, Antonio Villaraigosa, Gavin Newsom, Amy Klobuchar, Corey Booker, etc etc...

The repigz got NUTHIN.

by Joereply 3905/19/2013

R38 There's no constitutional requirement, but your reason is not the main reason that it's not done. If the Prez and VP come from the same large (electorally speaking) state, we could end up with a president and VP from different parties.

by Joereply 4005/19/2013

If I'm elected President, I'll propose THIS gun registration before Congress. *flexes and kisses biceps*

by Joereply 4105/19/2013

Antonio Villaraigosa

really!? NO FUCKIN WAY

by Joereply 4205/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!