Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Go see "Mud"

Easily the best movie I've seen this year. Tye Sheridan gives a star making performance. He is a bad ass. What a character. What a performance. Matthew McConaughey is brilliant as well. The best thing he's ever done that I've seen.

by Anonymousreply 2608/17/2013

Yes, I agree 100% - fascinating and yes, even Reese was quite good.

by Anonymousreply 105/17/2013

I agree, as well. I saw it several weeks ago and was amazed. I have seen it twice since. Most people I know have never heard of it. Their loss.

Mud rocks!

by Anonymousreply 205/17/2013

No one else has seen it?

by Anonymousreply 305/19/2013

I saw it last week. I thought it was the best movie I'd seen in a long time.

by Anonymousreply 405/19/2013

Saw it two weeks ago and thought it was excellent. MM is great and normally I think he's a talentless asshole, i.e. Magic Mike.

by Anonymousreply 505/19/2013

How often is he shirtless in the movie?

by Anonymousreply 605/31/2013

Without giving away too much, what's it about?

by Anonymousreply 705/31/2013

Awesome movie. Forget all the Summer Blockbusters and check out "Mud." It's the best movie I have seen all year. I saw it the same day as "Iron Man 3" (and I ended up liking "Mud" a lot more than IM3). I totally recommend it (surprising, since I'm not usually a McBongo fan).

by Anonymousreply 805/31/2013

by Anonymousreply 905/31/2013

R7 A brief overview, without giving anything away.

Two teen boys, Ellis and Neckbone, go to a small island in search of a boat that was stuck in a tree during the last flood in the area. Once there, they meet Mud (Matthew McConaughey) – a fugitive who wants to reunite with his old girlfriend, Juniper (Reese Witherspoon), and then skip town. Needless to say, there are a lot of obstacles to his plan.

The law is after him, as well as a group of thugs seeking revenge. I truly loved every minute of this movie. Go see it.

by Anonymousreply 1005/31/2013

Thanks for recommendation Bret Easto...I mean OP.

by Anonymousreply 1105/31/2013

The kid who plays Ellis is a terrific actor, and he's going to be a heart stealer when he's an adult!

Awesome movie.

by Anonymousreply 1205/31/2013

This film is by the same director as the terrific TAKE SHELTER from two years ago, with Michael Shannon and Jessica Chastain.

So I suspect it's pretty damn good and will definitely see it.

Terrible title, though.

by Anonymousreply 1305/31/2013

I don't like Mathew M. He kills every movie he is in.

by Anonymousreply 1405/31/2013

R14, I don't care for McBongo either, but the movie transcends his appearance in it.

by Anonymousreply 1505/31/2013

by Anonymousreply 1605/31/2013

R16 Several times. He's not too hot looking in the movie, but he is shirtless for quite a stretch of it. Take a throw pillow to cover your swollen crotch in the theater and you'll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 1705/31/2013

by Anonymousreply 1805/31/2013

Thanks r10.

by Anonymousreply 1905/31/2013

I loved it too and am looking forward to seeing it again.

by Anonymousreply 2005/31/2013

Saw it this past weekend - very fine film, though it was unclear how much time passed as the plot unfolded. I got the impression from the dialogue that it was only a handful of days, but given all that the boys were doing that didn't seem credible.

All the performance are excellent and it was nice seeing Michael Shannon play a pretty regular guy for a change (albeit in a small role).

by Anonymousreply 2106/03/2013

Mud's director is totally hot.

by Anonymousreply 2206/27/2013

Yes, and you too can enjoy "Mud" (Check your local listings for time & place)...starring Matthew McConaughy (nominated for a Golden Globe for Magic Mike). Two teenage boys encounter a fugitive and form a pact to help him evade the bounty hunters on his trail and to reunite him with his true love.

You will laugh, you will cry, you will love every minute of it!

by Anonymousreply 2306/27/2013

The movie is terrific. McConaughey has been on a career role the past couple of years, and he's quite good in the lead. He realized all those crap rom coms were making him into a joke and deserves credit for seeking out good roles in smaller movies.

The kid actors, especially Tye Sheridan are also very strong, and yes, so is Reese. I think it's the best work she's done in years. The role is small but she gets to create a real character and not go through the motions of a bad Hollywood script. She should take MM's route and do more indie films and re-establish some acting cred.

by Anonymousreply 2406/27/2013

Resurrecting the thread to let you know it's out on DVD. I agree that Matthew McConaughey and Reese Witherspoon are at their least obnoxious and are actually good. But the star is Tye Sheridan who plays the 14 year old lead. He is in almost every scene and is completely believable in the role. We'll be seeing him in the future. It's rated 98% on Rotten Tomatoes.

by Anonymousreply 2508/17/2013

An okay movie, but would've been better with a few Babs, Bette and Cher songs sprinkled in. Cher would've been better in Reese's role than Reese was. Respect, people!

by Anonymousreply 2608/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!