Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Fuck Verizon!!!

Fuck them up their greedy scumbag asses!

A little while ago, I received the following email from them: [italic]Dear Valued Verizon Customer,

Verizon participates in a program that helps advertisers provide you with online ads that may be more interesting to you.

What is Verizon's Digital Direct Marketing Program? The program will use information about the area where you live, your Verizon products and services, and your interests and demographics to determine whether you fit into an audience an advertiser is trying to reach.

Verizon won't share any information that identifies you personally with advertisers as part of this program.

What information are we talking about? The program will use: * Your postal address * Certain information about your Verizon products and services (such as broadband and video service features), and * Interests and demographics information provided to us by other companies (such as gender, age range, sports fan, frequent diner, or pet owner)

What does this mean for you? Certain ads you'll see while browsing the Internet may be sent to you based on this information so that these ads may be of more interest. National brands and local businesses will be able to tailor their online offers, coupons, and other incentives to specific audiences.

What are my choices? You will receive ads whether you choose to participate or not. But, under this program, the ads you see may be more relevant to you. If you do not want to participate in this program, please let us know by clicking here. Please note that you will need your User ID and Password to access the opt-out page.

How does Verizon protect my privacy? Your privacy is important. Verizon's privacy policy describes how we collect and use data and how we protect your personal information. You can learn about Verizon's ad practices here.

For answers to Frequently Asked Questions, click here.

Thank you for choosing Verizon. We look forward to serving you.

Sincerely,

Your Verizon Team[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 1810/08/2014

So opt out.

by Anonymousreply 105/17/2013

R1, what part of this confused you:

[quote]You will receive ads whether you choose to participate or not.

by Anonymousreply 205/17/2013

Excerpt as clarification for R1: [italic]You will receive ads whether you choose to participate or not. But, under this program, the ads you see may be more relevant to you.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 305/17/2013

Oh.

by Anonymousreply 405/17/2013

How is this any different than what Google, GMail, Facebook and even DL does?

by Anonymousreply 505/17/2013

DL runs ads?

by Anonymousreply 605/17/2013

CUNTS

by Anonymousreply 705/17/2013

Google, GMail and Facebook don't charge the consumer for the services they provide. If they need to create revenue by running ads, that doesn't really bother me. I don't use Google or Facebook and I don't notice the non-invasive GMail ads.

On the other hand, Verizon is forcing ads on their paying customers. Yeah, that would piss me off.

by Anonymousreply 805/17/2013

Yeah but where are these Ads running? It says while you're browsing so does that mean all browsers or what? What browser are you using on your phone?

by Anonymousreply 905/17/2013

R9, since Verizon is an internet service provider and not a website, I take it to mean that ads are going to be popping up in their customers' browser windows whether or not visited sites post ads along with their content. Nowhere in the email announcement does it indicate the ads are going to be limited to internet content accessed via phone. If that were the case, I'm sure it would have been stated.

by Anonymousreply 1005/17/2013

R10

If that's the case, and it bothers a customer so much, I would assume they could just cancel their service? If the customer is under a contract, would something like this not be a breach of the original agreement and therefore be something that could be canceled without penalty?

by Anonymousreply 1105/17/2013

It might just be on their Verizon website which I never use. Probably not on the browsers since there are ways to block that. Probably spam too though.

by Anonymousreply 1205/17/2013

This pretty much sums up the situation:

by Anonymousreply 1405/19/2013

r11, that would work if other ISPs don't follow suit, but you can bet they will.

by Anonymousreply 1506/08/2013

Oh well, smell YOU, R13,,,

by Anonymousreply 1606/08/2013

Anyone who doesn't use VPNs and ad-blockers nowadays is an idiot. I haven't seen an ad online (including DL) for years. Well, except for the Fast Food shill posters.

by Anonymousreply 1706/08/2013

Yes, Verizon Wireless SUCKS! They steal and EXTORT money from their customers with BOGUS "damaged DEvice Fees". Fuck Verizon Wireless.

www.VerizonWirelessSucks.co

by Anonymousreply 1810/08/2014
Need more help? Click Here.