Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Wendy Williams

How come we never discussed Wendy? Her husband is into Transsexuals. Crazy information about her online

by Anonymousreply 5501/22/2014

[quote]Her husband is into Transsexuals.

by Anonymousreply 105/17/2013

Lol. When you are right you are right!

by Anonymousreply 205/17/2013

Hubby did sex tape. He beats her and that's just the good things about Kevin

by Anonymousreply 305/17/2013

She does have that tranny look.

So he beats her? Ew.

What else is online about her?

by Anonymousreply 405/17/2013

Here is more about abuse she takes from this asshole

by Anonymousreply 505/17/2013

Also likes to make people disappear

by Anonymousreply 605/17/2013

Wendy has been talked about several times on DL. She may be a large, big-breasted, be-wigged and beat faced, woman, but she IS a woman.

by Anonymousreply 705/17/2013

That alleged "news" is five years old. I don't think it's the case today.

by Anonymousreply 805/17/2013

For some reason depresses afraid of her. Almost nothing is written about her and Kevin

by Anonymousreply 905/17/2013

R9. Translation, please. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 1005/18/2013

This thread was obviously planted by the Houston clan.

by Anonymousreply 1105/18/2013

I couldn't ever get into her show, even though I like similar, gossipy talk-shows like Watch What Happens. So it's not that I have anything against fluffy, just for fun talk-shows, I just never thought her show was all that fun.

Finally she said something undeniably twisted and indefensible, a recent episode where she had a discussion of NBA player who came out, and the ESPN host who trashed gays saying they can't be Christians, and are in open defiance of God. Wendy defended him and said his statement was just as courageous as the player who came out. Now wouldn't that be a red flag to her gay viewers, she thinks it's brave to publicly condemn gays to hell? Obviously she has a different opinion of racists though, she's not going to be defending anyone in trouble for racist comments as "brave." Hypocrite. I don't like that woman at all.

by Anonymousreply 1205/18/2013

R12, you're a nut.

by Anonymousreply 1305/18/2013

I love Wendy's hot topics and the hot talk panel, but turn it off after that. Her interviews are too scripted. Wendy is very gay friendly, R12 must have watched a different show.

by Anonymousreply 1405/18/2013

She is really phony and you'd have to be blind not to see through her. Plus, her "gossip" comes straight from the tabloids. She has no insider info that you can't find in The Enquirer.

by Anonymousreply 1505/18/2013

There is so much gender dysmorphia in media

by Anonymousreply 1605/18/2013

I like Wendy because she really knows how to deliver a story, whether gossip came from a tabloid or not. Of course her radio show was way more juicy. The TV show is really fun though and nothing feels forced at all. I hope she is on TV forever.

by Anonymousreply 1705/18/2013

I agree. It doesn't matter where the gossip comes from. It's the way she presents it, that makes it interesting and fun.

by Anonymousreply 1805/18/2013

R17 and R18 = Wendy's PR

by Anonymousreply 1905/18/2013

r19 = Will Smith

by Anonymousreply 2005/18/2013

Fire Whoopi, fire Elisabeth, fire Sherri, Joy is gone and Barbara is "retireded".

Bring in Wendy Williams to moderate, Meagan McCain, Ali Wentworth, Donny Duetsch and Kristen Chenoweth and you have yourself a whole new VIEW.

by Anonymousreply 2105/18/2013

Now that would be some view

by Anonymousreply 2205/19/2013

No r14, Williams said, point black, the ESPN guy who condemned gays to hell, "was just as brave" as the NBA player who came out. That is exactly what she said. No truly self-respecting gay person would just shrug that off. Whoopi Goldberg also defends homophobes, such as Chik-Fil-A, and still has idiot gay fans. They're both morons.

by Anonymousreply 2305/19/2013

R23 Exactly. Wendy is just as homophobic as Whoopi. Wendy also said that "real men" don't knit. And her whole "How you doin'?" thing is not funny, but simply another gay stereotype, like all gay men talk like that.

Only a dumb twink would like her.

by Anonymousreply 2405/19/2013

Not funny at all

by Anonymousreply 2505/21/2013

Oh, stop.

by Anonymousreply 2605/21/2013

People still watch this bitch. Wow, you guys must not have known of her when she did radio. That was the real tea. Her tv show now is just watered-down brown drink.

by Anonymousreply 2705/21/2013

R27 is right. The TV show is OK but on the radio she frequently outed closet cases, including Tyson Beckford.

by Anonymousreply 2805/21/2013

Wendy also said that "real men" don't knit

R24 really? What a complete hokey thing for her to say. Rosie Grier is a big man who is an ex football player and who is straight8 who loves to needlepoint. He says it's a great stress reducer. She sounds like a backward idiot.

She was condemning Bradley Cooper obsessively saying how unhealthy he is because he has his mother living with him. Apparently he takes care of her. She was just really nasty about it.Look who is talking! This is coming from a woman who is still married to a man who physically abuses her. Also, it isn't uncommon for people who make it big in their careers to arrange for their parents to move in their Mcmansions.They have their parents live with them ,and take care of them. These rich and famous people live in such large mansions, condos, etc. that they have wings to the homes ,and they have their own living spaces. Mick Jagger had a whole wing built on to his properly just for his parents to live in. Yet at the same time,they were close enough which allowed him to check up on them now and then. This is not unusual because wealthy families have been doing this for years.

I think the problem with Wendy Williams is she has that mentality ,which a lot of African American have which is they view life to be very black and white, no pun intended. It's like, all men like sports and sex.ALL men cheat on their spouses. ALL men only like films that are action related and they don't like films that have an en depth storyline because that is for sissies. Cooking and sewing is for women and if a guy likes to do those things he is a sissy and a fag! All men are crass.All women have kids and the man calls the shots. All women like to shop.

She is a real judgmental bitch, and how the hell does this woman who spouts off these narrow backward view points on male and female roles stay on the air?

by Anonymousreply 2905/21/2013

[quote]which a lot of African American have which is they view life to be very black and white,

oh the irony r29....

by Anonymousreply 3005/21/2013

[quote]For some reason depresses afraid of her.

Sent from Siri

by Anonymousreply 3105/21/2013

her audience is a like a bunch of trained lapdogs. Her set reflects her lack of taste, it's so 90s with garish colors. She has self-esteem issues, in one interview she said if she's not the tallest person in the room she goes out to the bathroom and teases up her wig a few inches! And she loves the word "waffle" as in "There is no waffling on this subject."

by Anonymousreply 3205/21/2013

"Waffles! Be quiet!"

by Anonymousreply 3305/21/2013

She looks like a cartoon character. I wonder how much money she is making these days

by Anonymousreply 3405/21/2013

r34 I bet she is making between $5MM-$10MM for her show alone + additional monies from her books and other ventures.

The Wendy Williams Show is in it's 4th Season. Syndicated talk shows become more profitable the longer they are on. Initially to launch a show you have the startup costs (marketing, staff, set) After a show has been on a few years those costs are recovered and the show is pure profit less production costs via the various licensing agreements from the affiliates carrying the show around the country.

Each station that carries her show pays a set fee to the syndicator each season for broadcast rights. The larger the city/market (New York vs Kansas City) the greater the fee to the syndicator will be.

She is getting ready to go into her 5th Season, the show is pretty much running itself for the most part and I would assume has become a very profitable venture for the syndicator Debmar Mercury.

I am sure Wendy's contract directly ties her compensation to the profitability of the show (base salary + % of profits). At this point she should only see her compensation increase from season to season if she maintains her ratings and stays popular in the key demographics that advertisers crave.

I believe that her ratings this season are up year over year. As a result, the syndicator has extended her season through July. Syndicated talk shows typically wrap for the season in May and are in reruns through the summer.

by Anonymousreply 3505/21/2013

Can someone please try to explain why a successful woman with plenty of resources and options would stay with a man who ever beats her up? Also why does Wendy advocate dressing like a low-class tranny?

by Anonymousreply 3605/21/2013

r36 Look at Whitney and Bobby, Rihanna and Chris

Seems like it is low self esteem, substance abuse or a combination of both

by Anonymousreply 3705/21/2013

[quote]She is really phony

I fear this is correct. I never knew it until I watched some of her "behind the scenes" videos on YouTube. She seems like she could be very mean IRL. But you'd never know it watching her 'turn it on' for the show. It comes out a bit when she talks about interacting with her fans out in public (she seems to loathe it).

Another thing that always gags me is how she tries to talk to you at home like she's your bff. And when talking about celebs, she'll say things like, "They don't live in regular people houses like you and me!" This, coming from a woman who's worth millions.

by Anonymousreply 3805/21/2013

She's sort of a black Dolly Parton - i.e., "it takes a lot of money to look this cheap!"

by Anonymousreply 3905/21/2013

r38 she seems to like to play off the whole frugal/cheap thing, trying to relate to her audience. If you watch her behind the scenes "show" on Youtube she continues with the same schtick. Funny though, many times she is carrying a Hermes Birkin Bag (she has multiple in a variety of colors) which run $15-$20k a pop.

I don't begrudge her nice things, she is earning her money. That being said, don't play it off like you are like everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 4005/21/2013

r29 I was with you until you brought race into the mix. You are pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 4105/21/2013

r36 Successful people are not immune to a low self esteem. All types of people are abused.

by Anonymousreply 4205/21/2013

r39 LOL.

by Anonymousreply 4305/21/2013

R29 couldn't be a bigger hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 4405/21/2013

Tabloids won't cover her because black doesn't sell on the covers. Sad but true. I guess it's great news if you're a badly behaved black person.

by Anonymousreply 4505/22/2013

Other than this being DL, I'm not certain why the topic turned so racial.

During her radio days, she always outed black men. Is that homophobia or just gossip? On DL, we out everyone, whether or not they're gay.

[quote]Also why does Wendy advocate dressing like a low-class tranny?

That's her look and she laughs about it. She's tall and wears wigs. Oprah admitted that she didn't have the time or patience to have her hair "fixed" daily, so she wore wigs. And Oprah made The Supremes look natural by comparison: She'd wear a short bob one day and a Lynda Carter Wonder Woman wig the next.

I was a fan of Wendy's on radio, less so now--I'm rarely home to watch shitty afternoon TV now--but the show doesn't seem any more phony than similar talk crap. Have you ever seen Ellen or Jeff Probst?

Insofar as her being "as homophobic as Whoopi," that's simply bizarre. The View is the worst. Maybe Behar doesn't give a shit anymore (since being fired) but the others seem certifiable, Whoopi and Barbara included. I only see this occasionally but what happened? They're all babbling idiots.

I saw the Chenbot's silly show last week and it seemed nearly sensible, even with the totally mad Sharon Osborne.

Granted, I don't see Wendy often, but is she that much more loopy than the other afternoon bullshit?

by Anonymousreply 4605/22/2013

R41, R44, ask me if I care. I know who I am, and I'm not even remotely racist! I'm the type of person that if I don't like someone, I don't hold back ,and I'll tell you because I really don't care. You want to contort my message into something that is twisted, Ivy league phonies! I grew up with African Americans, had friends in school who were African American, white,and Asian.I grew up in a very diverse area and neighborhood. And everyone got along and no one had any issues with one another because we were all came from working class families, and we were all on the same level.

What I was trying to convey is, from what I have witnessed growing up with many African Americans,there was more pressure on the African American men to fit this macho image. This pressure on boys and males in general is across the board,but there was this tremendous pressure, to fit this stereotypical man's man to a greater extent on African American boys and males. From what I have seen,so many gay African American men went through a lot in the African American community. BTW, it has been discussed a lot on DL for example, the DOWN LOW ,which I didn't know what that meant ,and I never heard before until I came on DL so don't even go there trying to act holier than thou with me!!

by Anonymousreply 4705/22/2013

The Down Low? r47, are you posting from 2003?

by Anonymousreply 4805/22/2013

Except for that's not what you originally posted, R47. Furthermore, growing up around AAs does not make you an authority.

by Anonymousreply 4905/22/2013

R47, I've met many Black men and women who have chosen to be very reclusive, because they're sick of the constant stereotypes, labels, and phony expectations placed upon them by both the Black community and the White one. I can really relate to their desire to be treated as an individual, solely responsible for his/her own actions and not those of others with which they get constantly lumped together.

by Anonymousreply 5005/22/2013

All African American roads lead to slavery r47. The Black males experience in this country was shaped by the slavery experience where he had no control and could not protect his family. The image of the strong Black buck was created. The fear of the sexual prowess and power of the Black male and his natural desire to rape the pure, lovely, perfect White woman. This image was perpetuated and practically a mantra from the time the first male African slave stepped on American soil.

Black men have been programmed to think of themselves as hyper masculine sexual beings. Manly manly men. The Black Mandingo. But the reality of life for a Black man is one where he holds no power. Just a lustful breeding animal that the culture at large makes every effort to emasculate and remind that you don't even have to make a false step and I can ruin your life.

So coming out as a gay Black man means there is just another arrow they can shoot you down with. Gay = feminine. You emasculate yourself, lose your manhood, lose more power by coming out. Black men have had their fill of all that so they stay on the downlow.

by Anonymousreply 5105/22/2013

Here's Wendy signing books in ATL with Big Kevin, her husband, the bald guy.

by Anonymousreply 5205/22/2013

Breaks down in sobs: "My son hates me!".

by Anonymousreply 5301/22/2014

She frequently comes across as phony, e.g. she'll make a snobby/elitist comment and then undercut it with an "I'm just an ordinary Jane like you ladies in the audience".

And she's obsessed with celebrity women landing billionaires (if she covers Eve one more time...), which is ridiculous considering she's the real moneymaker in her family, so why she espouses that old-school gender role mentality, I don't know.

I do give her props for not being afraid to bring up race on the show. And she gives contributors (the roundtable) their time rather than hogging all the talk time herself.

And she sometimes has interesting guests who wouldn't get booked on other shows - e.g. Joanna Lumley when she was on the Broad Way.

by Anonymousreply 5401/22/2014

I don't always agree with her opinions but I think she has a fun show and I like about 3/4 of her guests.

I love Wendy's unapologetic love for gossip.

by Anonymousreply 5501/22/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!