Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Interesting Movie Posters

Film posters that missed the final cut - in pictures

Official posters for classic films and other drafts that didn't make the grade

-----

Does anyone know of any sites featuring more posters like this (official posters which weren't produced or any professional posters from other markets -- I hear Polish movies posters can be very "unusual").

by Anonymousreply 505/18/2013

Here you go, OP. There's even a section just for classic Polish posters and they are indeed very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 105/17/2013

From R1's link, a DL fave...

by Anonymousreply 205/17/2013

Warren Beatty had the poster for 'Heaven Can Wait' altered at a late stage to make his track-suited bulge look bigger.

by Anonymousreply 305/18/2013

Can someone explain to me where the title, "A Clockwork Orange", came from? I've seen the film dozens of times and still do not get it.

by Anonymousreply 405/18/2013

The author Anthony Burgess heard someone in a pub say '...queer as a clockwork orange', and the term stayed with him for years.

It was apparently a cockney phrase, but not it seems aimed at the gays, as they wouldn't then have been called. ('Ginger Beer', rhyming slang for 'queer' would probably have been one term in that case.) It was just to suggest someone far from easy to figure out, not at all what they might seem on the surface.

Anyway, it suited Burgess's later purpose for all its paradoxical suggestions of nature being corrupted, mechanistically manipulable, or not.

by Anonymousreply 505/18/2013
Need more help? Click Here.