Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Windmills in Massachusetts

The film “Cape Spin!” tells the story of how unlikely alliances (“Kennedys, Kochs and everyday folks”) teamed up to do battle over a proposed waterborne wind farm and what would be the largest clean energy project in America in one of the 1 percent’s most treasured playgrounds: the sea surrounding Cape Cod. The battle has continued for more than ten years with no resolution.

by Anonymousreply 1305/19/2013

It's the NIMBY (Not in My Backyard) crowd at it again. Everyone would like to help homeless people, but not where near where we live.

by Anonymousreply 105/19/2013

Link please

by Anonymousreply 205/19/2013

Can you really blame them r1. Do you want the homeless near where you live? Homelessness breeds homelessness. By that I mean you will have a migration of the homeless from neighboring cities seeking shelter in a friendlier city.

As for the windmills, I can't say I blame them.

by Anonymousreply 305/19/2013

r3 it would be MILES from shoreline, barely visible. Stop watching Faux News.

by Anonymousreply 405/19/2013

old walter cronkite was one of the NIMBY crowd too, just a big shame

by Anonymousreply 505/19/2013

Thanks for your concern about my news viewership but boats do go out miles from shoreline and is visible.

by Anonymousreply 605/19/2013

I didn't say it was invisible, Walter Oswald-acted-alone Conkrite. I said it's barely visible.

by Anonymousreply 705/19/2013

Put it off the coast where poor people vacation. Their boats can't go out far enough to see them.

by Anonymousreply 805/19/2013

Is it more acceptable (visually) to place them off-shore in the ocean... or on mountain tops?

I wouldn't want to live near one, I've seen a video on youtube of a house with the shadow of the blades constantly sweeping across the yard. That would be annoying.

The ones I've passed on the highway look like kinetic sculpture though.

by Anonymousreply 905/19/2013

I don't want them near me. They make noise and they kill birds. And what happens when one malfunctions? What happens when a Hurrucane Sandy pummels them or a 3 day nor'easter hits them? How much money will it cost to fix them, if they can be fixed at all and don't need new ones to be built, transported and anchored?

I'm still hearing coastal home dwellers boo hooing about how hurricane Sandy has ruined their lives. It took weeks for electricity to be restored to some areas. What happens when a whole line of windmills gets taken out by a freak "once in a hundred years" storm? Who's going to put it all back together, how long will it take and how many billions of dollars?

It's a half-assed solution that has not been well thought out and planned for.

by Anonymousreply 1005/19/2013

Eunice, you've got splinters in the windmills of your mind!

by Anonymousreply 1105/19/2013

R10. This is what happens.

by Anonymousreply 1205/19/2013

r2, here's a video from the Cape.

by Anonymousreply 1305/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!