Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How many sociopaths do you have in your life?

My sister is a sociopath, and she has caused a lot of problems for a lot of people.

My current manager is also a sociopath, but at least he is polite and easy to work with.

by Anonymousreply 3005/17/2013

OP, I did a major housecleaning and got rid of them all. Of course, I first had to have an epiphany and realize just how much they had been "stalking my soul." Then came good therapy and a better life. I left my last job because of a particularly toxic one.

Some people can cope with them and finesse them -- to get the best work out of them in the workplace, for example. I am too much of an empath to be able to tolerate them much less work with them in my professional or personal life. My world has become a lot smaller, but much more pleasant, and that's where it's at for me. NICE PEOPLE give me the greatest happiness.

by Anonymousreply 105/17/2013

Some people attract all manner of "madness" and others do not.

by Anonymousreply 205/17/2013

six or seven, we do brunch every other sunday

by Anonymousreply 305/17/2013

Thanks, R2. You are far superior to the rest of us. But of course, you knew that.

by Anonymousreply 405/17/2013

"My current manager is also a sociopath, but at least he is polite and easy to work with."

Rare qualities in a sociopath!

by Anonymousreply 505/17/2013

OP, would you care to tell us about your sister's antics?

by Anonymousreply 605/17/2013

She was seeing two guys at the same time and got pregnant. Rather than do the responsible thing and get a DNA test, she simply told the guy that she liked better that he was the father.

Guess what happened next.

by Anonymousreply 705/17/2013

A 2011 study noted that mental health professionals estimated that 3% of men and 1% of women in the US are sociopaths. (That would be 4.5 million men and 1.5 million women, for a total of 6 million people.)

I think this number is greatly reduced in order to avoid alarming the general population. Imagine how many firearms would be bought if the general public knew the true numbers?

by Anonymousreply 805/17/2013

R6 here: The baby is a dead ringer for the suitor she didn't choose?

by Anonymousreply 905/17/2013

I say she got knocked up (again) by the other guy.

by Anonymousreply 1005/17/2013

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

by Anonymousreply 1105/17/2013

r9 Even better.

The cuckold was black.

The real father was white.

She managed to string the black guy along for several months after the baby was born, too!

by Anonymousreply 1205/17/2013

How about her two lovers turned to each other for solace?

by Anonymousreply 1305/17/2013

Well, there's me of course. My twink. Let's see, who else?

by Anonymousreply 1405/17/2013

I'm a sociopath, and I find it fine.

by Anonymousreply 1505/17/2013

R12, are you OP?

by Anonymousreply 1605/17/2013

Tell us more about your sister, and please sign your posts

by Anonymousreply 1705/17/2013

I had one in my life when I was 21. She was truly evil and did a lot of damage to me.

I read a chilling DL thread that was started by a self proclaimed sociopath. The post was very helpful to me. It, the sociopath, explained how they felt and why they wanted to harm someone.

by Anonymousreply 1805/17/2013

One, and he's family.

I'll visit him again soon. He has the mentality of a 17 year-old bad-ass except he's kissing 60.

We had a huge fight a decade ago (DL suggested I get a blog) and I told him he'd reap what he'd sown.

Part of my mind dances around singing, "Told you so!" when I see him.

by Anonymousreply 1905/17/2013

R16, Trolldar reveals R12 as the OP.

OP, please provide more proof of your sister's sociopathy. So far the example you've provided shows that she's a selfish bitch, but that's not necessarily indicative of a sociopath. We need more extensive details of her sociopathic behavior. If you also want to throw in some of the indicators your boss exhibits, feel free to do that as well.

by Anonymousreply 2005/17/2013

OP, do you still have a relationship with your sister? Has she colored your lenses in relationships with others?

by Anonymousreply 2105/17/2013

R19, can you summarize the content of your infamous fight with the sociopath relative? Eager to hear.

by Anonymousreply 2205/17/2013

R16 yes it is me.

I will only say one more thing about her. After she told the cuckold the truth, she went to live with the real father to raise the kid (the cuckold had been paying for her apartment) but she managed to continue to see the cuckold for several years behind the real father's back. It turns out she told the cuckold that she was living by herself and that she had given the kid to my parents to raise.

I will also add that the real father is her high school boyfriend whom she had stolen from her best friend.

by Anonymousreply 2305/17/2013

R22, it was the retribution end of the cycle. I was the cause of all of his problems and if I didn't do what he told me to do, he'd cut me off from his family.

He cut me out of his life... and crawled back years later.

by Anonymousreply 2405/17/2013

R19 aka R24, how did he justify his crawling back and was it because he needed you for something?

by Anonymousreply 2505/17/2013

Once again, someone uses the word sociopath without having a clue as to what it really means.

by Anonymousreply 2605/17/2013

R27 = sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 2705/17/2013

true sociopaths are a very small part of the population

fucking selfish bastards abound

by Anonymousreply 2805/17/2013

[quote]true sociopaths are a very small part of the population

Thank God. To truly be evil I believe a person has to be sociopathic/psychopathic.

By the time you realize a person is psychopathic you have already been deeply burned. At least for the first pyschopath you meet. I am hopeful I could pick up on the shallow affect and superficial charm of a psychopath before being burned again, but I am not positive.

by Anonymousreply 2905/17/2013

If you include Narcissistic Personality Disorder, I have a cousin with a raging, textbook case -- tough see her for all the red flags! I have seen her once that I can recall, at our grandmother's funeral about 5 years ago, but hear about her from her sister.

by Anonymousreply 3005/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!