***BREAKING NEWS***: Toronto Mayor Rob Ford in crack cocaine scandal

Because this deserves its own thread.

I thought he was too rich for crack?

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 11312/20/2013

Sounds like an asshole.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 105/17/2013

LOL! Damn wheres the sex tape?

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 205/17/2013

A commenter on the Toronto Mike blog calle it a few months ago, claime one of his friends did crack with Ford at the dealer's place. Scroll down to the comments and you'll see.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 305/17/2013

And his homophobia is also on display in the video, calling Justin Trudeau a "fag". No surprise. He's always been blatant about his homophobia.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 405/17/2013

is he the one that ran into a camera? because that was some funny shit.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 505/17/2013

Ha. Hilarious. What a dumb, gross pig. Will this take him down, or are we supposed ignore this as well?

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 605/17/2013

Toronto Sun has nothing about this story.

I wonder why?

They were all over the Jack Layton Massage rub down story?

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 705/17/2013

Please let this be the end of Ford.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 805/17/2013

Look at Marion Barry

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 905/17/2013

Well at the very least he'll never be allowed to coach high school football again.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 1005/17/2013

I hope he gets help for his addiction. Very sad.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 1105/17/2013

Again why was The Toronto Sun all over the Jack Layton rub down story, yet there is nothing on this Rob Ford story at Toronto Sun.

Why?

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 1205/17/2013

They couldn't get rid of Ford even after the conflict of interest thing, so maybe everyone is just resigned to the fact that they'll have to put up with him until the next election or until he keels over. Given the drinking and drugs he's obviously been doing, Ford keeling over seems likely.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 1305/17/2013

Maybe none of the reporters at "The Toronto Sun" have seen the crack smoking video, R12.

I don't know what the editorial position of "The Toronto Sun" is, are they supporters of this mayor?

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 1405/17/2013

The Sun sucks Conservative cock.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 1505/17/2013

The Toronto Sun is a rightwing propaganda sheet, so yes they support him because he is a rightwing conman.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 1605/17/2013

Imma let you finish, Toronto, but Washington had the best mayor-smoking-crack video of all time!

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 1705/17/2013

Yeah, nothing in the Toronto Sun...

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 1805/17/2013

I want to see this so bad. If any of you researchers are preparing bits for tease night shows, please bookend it with the clips of Rob Ford falling on his ass as he tried to throw that football, and the clip of him walking into the camera face first.

The Americans deserve to be laughing along with us.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 2005/17/2013

I meant late night shows.

Damn auto-correct.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 2105/17/2013

The Sun has just printed the story (last among all Toronto media outlets to write about this). A mayor spokesperson says

"Videos are strong items but they can be manipulated. I saw a video of a bird picking up a baby on television and it turned out that it wasn’t accurate. Someone was able to stage that video and I guess if you stage that video then you can stage other things."

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 2205/17/2013

He should have stuck to alcohol and prescription pills. The public would probably be more forgiven with those than with illegal street drugs, which undoubtedly contribute to the gun violence.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 2405/17/2013

Worth it just to hear reporters yell at our Mayor: "do you smoke crack?" as he waddles through a media scrum.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 2505/17/2013

R26 is hilarious. "Party drugs!!!!" Oh, no! Not PARTY drugs!

The crack smoking footage is from 2013, btw.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 2705/17/2013

another thread on the mayor here

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 2905/17/2013

I think he's tremendous.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 3105/17/2013

Bitch set him up!

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 3205/17/2013

[quote]but Washington had the best mayor-smoking-crack video of all time

I saw the tape - goddamn bitch set him up!

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 3305/17/2013

Hates Gays - Does Drugs - Typical Right Winger

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 3405/17/2013

Shouldn't the phrase "breaking news" surrounded by asterisks be used a bit more selectively? You sound like a hysterical screaming man with wringing hands over something that probably doesn't even affect you. Sort of like a spinster.

Why are people so dramatic?

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 3505/17/2013

[quote]Shouldn't the phrase "breaking news" surrounded by asterisks be used a bit more selectively? You sound like a hysterical screaming man with wringing hands over something that probably doesn't even affect you.

You must be new here, dear. It's mid-May, so I guess we're stuck with the college-kid hordes for the next three months. Sigh.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 3605/17/2013

R36 don't get your ascot in a ruffle.

I just wondered why this was "breaking news" and what impact this would have on the posters life.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 3705/17/2013

There are too many pro-Ford voters in Toronto for this to do him in. Toronto is Canada's new right wing mecca.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 3905/17/2013

He looks like he could die at any moment.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 4005/17/2013

Gawker is crowd-funding to purchase the tape.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 4105/17/2013

You are so sweet r20. We appreciate the thoughtfulness.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 4205/17/2013

Toronto finally gets US media attention. They must be so proud!

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 4305/17/2013

Where is the video?

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 4405/17/2013

so if they arrest them, we'll never get to see the video?

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 4705/17/2013

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford left a community council meeting Tuesday night to put fridge magnets on cars in the parking lot.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 4805/17/2013

I like the blue cocaine. Lots and lots of blue cocaine.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 4905/17/2013

Has he made a sex tape yet?

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 5005/17/2013

I REALLY want to see the tape, but crowd-funding to pay the druggies doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 5105/17/2013

That is ridiculous, R30. And really, the same thing could be said about Ford. I fucking hate hoe conservative assholes still equate being gay with getting AIDS. How many straight people have engaged in same risky behaviour? Fuck Sun News. I wish their station would blow up. Thank God their support in Canada is narrow.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 5205/18/2013

Disgraced Conservative Senator, former member of the "liberal" media and fellow fattie Mike Duffy has been accused of trying to influence the CRTC into forcing the cable companies to carry Sun News:

***Sen. Mike Duffy attempted to influence the Canadian Radio-Television and Telecommunications Commission’s upcoming decision involving the right-leaning Sun News Network, a source has told CTV News.

A well-placed source told CTV’s Ottawa Bureau Chief Robert Fife that Duffy approached a Conservative insider with connections to the CRTC three weeks ago to discuss Sun Media, which is asking the federal regulator to grant its news channel “mandatory carriage,” or guaranteed placement on basic cable and satellite packages.***

Can we ship Ford, Duffy and Don Cherry off to a deserted island? Or at least the Northwest Territories?

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 5305/18/2013

[quote] Up to $37,153 for Crackstarter!

Only $162,847.00 to go

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 5405/18/2013

I'd be surprised if the video came out. I doubt it will for the same reason both the Globe and the Star didn't publish solid drug allegations in the first place.

There is no doubt it is Ford. He allowed the video to be made because he thought he was immune because he knows that *a slew of other prominent Torontonians* use these guys for coke.

He was (and is) counting on the MADD principle to prevent this from actually being viewed.

Gawker had a great story, but the buried the lede.

Very few media outlets up here will report on the Somali drug trade. How they got here and what they are selling to whom is the real story. The Mayor is a sideshow.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 5605/18/2013

Mutually Assured Destruction (Doctrine)

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 5805/18/2013

I wonder what Rob Ford's balls taste like? I'm intrigued. He can sit on my face anytime!

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 5905/18/2013

[quote]Can we ship Ford, Duffy and Don Cherry off to a deserted island? Or at least the Northwest Territories?

How about Nunavut?

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 6005/18/2013

Most people are very perturbed, r61. A sizeable number also takes the view that he's being persecuted and should be left alone.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 6205/18/2013

"What are Torontonians saying?"

Translators are required to answer this question.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 6305/18/2013

R61 may be on to something.

Ralph Klein, the late long time mayor of Calgary and then premier of Alberta (winning multiple terms) remained very popular despite his well known alcoholism.

Canada's first Prime Minister, Sir John A. MacDonald, reportedly knocked back a bottle of whiskey a DAY and yet his visage appears on the $10 bill and he has numerous highways, airports and high schools named after him.

That being said, Rob Ford isn't worthy of picking the dingleberries from Klein's ass crack.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 6405/18/2013

I thought of Ralph Klein, too. If there are enough right-wing idiots in Toronto, they will vote him in again. It's the right-wing that is voting for these slobs. They don't care who or what they are voting for, just as long as they get the same old slogans about money, taxes, etc.

The thinking people of course are disgusted and never voted for these people in the first place.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 6505/18/2013

In general, Canada has many alcoholics. The cold must be a factor. That said, Rob Ford is an USA-style pig. Fat, fugly, coke/crack/meth'd out, white trash looking, Chris Farley-style clueless American hot mess. If Ford resembled Nathan Fillion or Peter Jennings, this would be a more manageable matter.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 6605/18/2013

[quote] Torontonians

Trannans

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 6705/18/2013

Chris Farley had more appeal than this pig. I agree he is a US-style pig, in the tradition of Rush Limbaugh. Seems grosser and more stupid than Chris Christie, though he has a similar bulk.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 6805/18/2013

Not intending to impugn Chris Farley with comparisons. He wasn't a mayor!

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 7005/18/2013

"He should have stuck to alcohol and prescription pills."

Have you ever tried a Naproxen tab in a wine cooler? Awesome!

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 7205/22/2013

omg.. you know it's bad when it makes the news in Norway of all places!

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 7305/22/2013

And Canada still isn't interesting.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 7405/22/2013

I don't think this is going to touch him. His support in the suburbs is rock solid strong.

Even if the video is released, those suburbs are still going to be behind him 100%

The suburbs is what got him elected, and will keep him getting re-elected.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 7605/22/2013

R76 is correct, because Canada's taken a hard right turn since the late 90s, and there's a big city/suburb divide in Toronto, where all the fat fucks with McMansions voted another fat fuck into office.

The only difference is that, in addition to Latinos and blacks, these fat racist pieces of shit also hate all the immigrants in Toronto, as well.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 7705/22/2013

R77 Ford admits he has an addiction problem, takes a leave of absence, spends 3 months in rehab (over the summer) and is back in office in September.

And those suburbs will be behind him 100%

So why bother raising the money for the video. This isn't going to get him kicked out of office.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 7805/22/2013

Regular conservative people are fine; they are as sick of Ford as we, the liberals and progressives, are sick of Ford. But the psycho right wingers will always support him no matter what.

The right wing idiots are screaming "witch hunt" and claim the video was edited or that the drug dealers hired a lookalike actor and made the film to make money.

But that's such a stupid idea. There are more lucrative targets than Ford.

I still can't believe the stupid fat fuck is still in office.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 7905/22/2013

He makes Toronto look like a very unsophisticated place.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 8005/22/2013

Also, a lot of his idiot right wing supporters don't give a shit if Ford was using crack. They say that's his "privat business", and won't consider that maybe drug use like that could have a negative effect on someone's overall performance.

But you just know if it had been a liberal leftie politician caught with drugs, these same fuckers would be screaming for his/her head and demanding resignation.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 8105/22/2013

It's true - he's making Toronto seem hick and garish. So, about right.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 8205/22/2013

Only $68,297.00 to go before reaching $200,00 for the video.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 8305/23/2013

Uh oh the owner of the video has disappeared off the face of the earth. That according to the folks at Gawker.

Guess we will never see it.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 8405/23/2013

Maybe Ford bought the video, R84 :( And put the drug dealer on the train to Calgary.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 8505/23/2013

I bet Ford bought the tape.

He just gave a press conference denying everything.

I'm not an addict!

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 8805/24/2013

“I do not use crack cocaine nor am I an addict of crack cocaine,” Ford said in a statement Friday afternoon. “As for a video, I can’t comment on a video I have never seen or does not exist.”

He bought the tape

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 8905/24/2013

It was recorded on tape? You mean, multiple copies can't be made instantaneously, like with digital?

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 9005/24/2013

They are drug dealers. Probably not the most smartest people on the planet.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 9105/24/2013

R88, well I believe him when he says he's not an addict becomes he obviously still overweight. Didn't know one could be a crack addict and still be fat.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 9305/24/2013

Ever heard of Chris Farley (RIP), r93?

Ford's now been dropped as coach of the catholic high school football team, which he spent more time and effort on than being mayor.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 9405/24/2013

Look I think he has an addiction problem and should get help. But Ford is in denial (as most addicts are).

But he is going to get away with it, again. He has probably paid off the drug dealers and has the tape.

He has got away with it again!

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 9605/24/2013

He shaved all his hair off so he can't be drug-tested!

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 9705/24/2013

Unbelievable investigative article about Ford and his whole family of druggies at the Globe and Mail this morning:

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 9805/25/2013

Holy mackerel! And I'm only on the first page.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 9905/25/2013

Damn. He is really ugly. Eh.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 10005/25/2013

Pic of him with some of his crack head buddies.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 10105/25/2013

This is one of many scandals.

The fact Rob Ford is still in power tells you how right wing Toronto has become today.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 10205/25/2013

Eeyore at R102, one bad mayoral election does not mean Toronna's right wing. Mayor Bluto even hauled his capacious ass out to the PFLAG rainbow flag raising the other day. Bet that doesn't happen much in Alabama.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 10305/25/2013

This is the scandal that keeps on giving, and giving, and...

According to the Globe and Mail, Toronto police are investigating a tip that reportedly links Toronto Mayor Rob Ford's crack video to a murder in Toronto. Two sources told the Globe and Mail that police interviewed a senior staff member from Ford's office last week about the tip, which the staffer reportedly received shortly after Gawker published its report about the video earlier this month.

Two Toronto police officers interviewed the staffer outside of City Hall last week, according to one of the Globe and Mail's sources, though the staffer could not verify the credibility of the source.

From the report:

The informant in the mayor’s office purported to know the address and unit number where the video was being held.

They went on to say that the video originally belonged to an individual who may have been killed for its potentially valuable contents, according to a source.

Both Gawker and the Toronto Star ran a photo (featured above) of Mayor Ford standing next to Anthony Smith, a 21-year-old shot to death in Toronto last March, though there's no evidence connecting Smith's death to the video.

The Toronto police department refused to comment to the Globe and Mail, and the mayor's office didn't return their request for comment.

Shortly after the Globe and Mail's story went online, Toronto CP24's Katie Simpson published a report that contradicted some of the Globe and Mail's account. Simpson wrote that, while homicide detectives did interview a member of the mayor's staff last week, the interview was not connected to a homicide.

Staff Insp. Greg McLane, head of the homicide squad, tells CP24 the interview was not in relation to a recent homicide or any homicide. McLane says homicide officers did the interview because the officers have expertise others don't.

McLean went on to add that the interview is in relation to an on-going investigation that is currently in the media, but he declined to identify the nature of the investigation. The reports come just two days after the Globe and Mail published an extensive exposé detailing the Ford family's longtime involvement with Toronto drug scene.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 10405/27/2013

Looks like Gawker's hit their $200,000 goal. Here's hoping the owners of the video are still alive, or Ford hasn't already paid them off.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 10505/27/2013

Geez, this story's gotten even more fucked up. You gotta wonder now if Ford had that Smith guy offed. Ford must be shitting bricks now that the cops are involved.

Also, when this story first broke, all the pictures taken of Ford showed him to be looking stressed and worried. Then right after his official denial, his face in pictures showed the usual Ford--smug and relaxed. Very telling.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 10605/28/2013

I wonder if he bought it. He does see more relaxed, and quick to deny. For days he said nothing.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 10705/28/2013

Which one is he in the picture?

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 10805/28/2013

[quote]I wonder if he bought it. He does see more relaxed, and quick to deny. For days he said nothing.

But his press secretary and assistant press secretary also abruptly quit on Monday. This after he fired his chief of staff last week.

At this point, the city may need to bring in a forklift to remove him from office.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 10905/28/2013

R109 the photos of Ford wandering the office looking for his vanished staff were quite comical.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 11005/28/2013

And so the noose tightens around Ford's fat neck.

When this ends it will be truly spectacular, epic in every meaning of the world.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 11106/14/2013

He's been a victim of extortion and the cops have recovered the video.

by Whitney Houston's scorched pipereply 11210/31/2013
Need more help? Click Here.