Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Michael Jackson, Prince and James Brown on one stage together in 1983

Iconic is an understatement. The stars were aligned that night.

by Anonymousreply 1805/17/2013

Funny that Prince went straight to the guitar, aka showing Jackson is just a karaoke singer.

by Anonymousreply 105/16/2013

Wow, royalty! The King, the Prince and someone who has spent a lot time in the Court.

by Anonymousreply 205/16/2013

Micheal has always been so boring to me. Compare him to that wonderful little freak Prince. No comparison.

by Anonymousreply 305/16/2013

[quote]I always thought Prince's music was better too. MJ's music was plain and sappy.

by Anonymousreply 405/16/2013

Prince was drunk or high as fuck. He played a few chords, stripped and strutted around stage and tipped over a huge lamp prop.

Still an iconic moment in musical history though.

Was that at the Apollo?

by Anonymousreply 505/16/2013

James Brown's made cross dressing cool. A lot of gay men in the 80s copied.

by Anonymousreply 605/16/2013

I thought JB was a woman at first - that hair and the 80s outfit! Michael had so much talent and you can see here how much both he and Prince copped from JB.

by Anonymousreply 705/17/2013

If Hendrix was alive and on stage with them I think it would have combusted from the legend-ness.

[quote]Was that at the Apollo?

They were at some place called the Beverly Theater. It was late August, 1983--a couple of months before the "Thriller" video was shot, and I believe just after "Purple Rain" had been filmed. Yes, Prince was high as fuck. Supposedly, he'd been doing blow backstage with JB's musicians just before. I love how he came down to the stage on the back of his burly bodyguard Big Chick Huntsberry.

by Anonymousreply 805/17/2013

[quote]Supposedly, he'd been doing blow backstage with JB's musicians just before

That would explain why he couldn't leave his nose alone.

by Anonymousreply 905/17/2013

The King, the Artist and the Godfather.

by Anonymousreply 1005/17/2013

Michael was on the verge of becoming the biggest star the world has ever seen. None of the weirdness and being afraid of people yet.

by Anonymousreply 1105/17/2013

Prince is the only one who has been relatively unblemished by arrest or pedophilia.

by Anonymousreply 1205/17/2013

[quote]None of the weirdness and being afraid of people yet.

I thought that too. He hugged people like a real person would. Tragic.

by Anonymousreply 1305/17/2013

Prince is not unblemished by scary cults.

Prince is now an outspoken member of the violently anti-gay J/W cult.

by Anonymousreply 1405/17/2013

I love Prince and James Brown. To me, Jackson was always a minor talent. Great dancer and performer, but his voice sucked. Brown & Prince waxed the floor with M.J.

by Anonymousreply 1505/17/2013

Well, I haven't seen that much dysfunction on a stage since The Sound of Music...

by Anonymousreply 1605/17/2013

Michael voice sucked, R15? Not hardly. The man could sing. He had such a pure falsetto, and his vocals permeated with charisma.

by Anonymousreply 1705/17/2013

[quote]Prince is the only one who has been relatively unblemished by arrest

In 1980, the Great Purple One was arrested in Mississippi for "pulling a prank" on an airplane.

by Anonymousreply 1805/17/2013
Need more help? Click Here.