Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Marion Cotillard

I see her a lot in movies. Do you think she's going to be a movie star in the future?

by Anonymousreply 159Last Monday at 12:25 AM

She reminds me of a French version of an up and coming young actress named Charlize Theron.

by Anonymousreply 105/16/2013

I hope so, I've been a fan for years.

by Anonymousreply 205/16/2013

Love her.

by Anonymousreply 305/16/2013

I am so sick of the naive troll. Please stop asking stupid questions. You could have put that $18 to much better use, moron.

by Anonymousreply 405/16/2013

I will never forgive her for stealing Julie Christie's second Oscar, which would have been 40 years after her first !

by Anonymousreply 505/16/2013

I love Marion BUT no...not in the States. Her acting in her big movies here(Dark Knight Rises and Contagion) have been blah at most and her acting in smaller films like Midnight in Paris was very good but it wasn't a mainstream success. Her next two films are both period pieces and they don't look very commercial.She's got the chops to become a better actress in English BUT she hasn't been stellar in those big films and that will hold her back in the US.

by Anonymousreply 605/16/2013

I think she is very beautiful, womanly in the way few american actresses are. Agree with the Charlize comparison, although Marion can display vulnerability much better.

by Anonymousreply 705/16/2013

R6 See Rust and Bone. She is very good in it.

by Anonymousreply 805/16/2013

r6 there's something about speaking in your native tongue that allows actors/actresses to be free to focus on the acting itself.

Penelope Cruz, much like Marion, is a much more refined actress when she's speaking in Spanish. She's not able to show the range as an actress she's capable of in American films. When I saw Volver, it was Penelope at her finest.

by Anonymousreply 905/16/2013

R8 I did see Rust and Bone and loved her in it. However not many people here in the States saw it and this my point. She's much better in her French films BUT she hasn't been that great in her English language work.

R9 I agree to a certain degree but people in the past like a Sophia Loren became famous in the English speaking world because they starred in American films that were blockbusters or starring roles. Marion has never carried an American film. Her English has gotten really good and she has good chops that can translate to American cinema. She just needs to find the right project though I don't think she's that Machiavellian as it were.

About Cruz...her accent in her Italian roles is just as...shall we say as prominent as it is in her English speaking roles. Then again she's played two whores in Italian films so if the shoe fits wear it!;)

by Anonymousreply 1005/16/2013

But Sophia Loren is more known as a sex symbol to American audience.

by Anonymousreply 1105/16/2013

Cotillard is sexy like Loren is too. However unlike La Loren she never carried a film like an El Cid or Houseboat in the English speaking world as of yet.Add to the fact a lot of people don't know who Marion is over in the states. I think she's gorgeous and talented and I wish her the best BUT so far she isn't on the A List.

by Anonymousreply 1205/16/2013

Add Diane Kruger to the list - quite dull and lifeless in English speaking roles, but was fantastic in Inglorious Basterds, the film she's now best known for.

Both Diane and Marion got to sample Guillaume Canet's delicious French cock. I didn't. :-(

by Anonymousreply 1305/16/2013

Marion Cotillard has a prosthetic foot.

by Anonymousreply 1405/16/2013

You can't say Sophia Loren "carried" El Cid or Houseboat, both of which starred A+++ male stars (Chuck Heston in the former, Cary Grant in the latter).

So, actually, the comparison is valid: Marion Cotillard stars in American films as the leading lady to A+++ male leads or in ensemble films.

by Anonymousreply 1505/16/2013

R15 Wrong! Loren was the co-star/female lead in those films whereas Marion is one of many in an ensemble cast when in American films. I love Marion to bits but she'll never make it here as a megastar.She's good in French films and very blah in US films(except for Midnight in Paris). Add to the fact her next two film have bomb written all over it!

R14 No she doesn't that's an urban legend.

r13 Supposedly Canet's member looks like one big fat calamari! That's why the girls can't resist that one....

by Anonymousreply 1605/16/2013

She'll probably have a long career in France, a place where actors can have long careers.

Hollywood, on the other hand, tends to treat actresses the way toddlers treat toys. Absolute favorite one day, loved irrationally and played with so hard there's risk of damage, and the next day Jennifer Lawrence is the favorite new toy.

by Anonymousreply 1705/16/2013

I bet all the French actresses felt a pang of jealousy when that lil bitch received an Academy Award

by Anonymousreply 1805/16/2013

I'd have to say that Cruz is a VERY mediocre actress in both Spanish/English movies.

by Anonymousreply 1905/16/2013

J'adore la Marion. She has done VERY well since her Oscar win, some great English language performances - she would have had a nomination for Nine had Weinstein not fucked up her category placement (she WAS indeed the only one you could consider the lead and the only reason to watch, but it was borderline with the screentime). Playing opposite DDL should have been a career highlight but he was spectacularly bad for once for whatever reason. Original choice Javier Bardem would've been good.

Her Dark Knight Rises appearance was anti-climactic especially since news of her character leaked a year or so before production and we knew what would happen, an obvious plot twist. But a great film to be in for all concerned nonetheless. Mal in Inception was brilliant but she's starting to play too many villainesses.

by Anonymousreply 2005/16/2013

No. She has chronic stink face.

by Anonymousreply 2105/16/2013

I think she's tremendous.

by Anonymousreply 2205/16/2013

Kudos to r13 and r16 for mentioning Guillaume Canet whose hotness is unbelievable, he is so beautiful.

I loved his directorial debut Tell No One, that's a great film, the recent Little White Lies with Marion was decent but he has another film coming up with Marion, they seem to be linked to the guy who directed We Own the Night and works with Joqauin Phoenix.. James Gray(?).

Don't forget the original Cotillard/Canet movie Love Me If You Dare, an Amelie-esque classic. Above all La Vie en Rose has to be seen if you like her.

by Anonymousreply 2305/16/2013

Do any of you have some dish on her? Like, scandals, diva behavior, fights with other celebrities, affairs, possible trips into bi-world?

by Anonymousreply 2405/16/2013

I don't know r24, but I think it's safe to say she's a very shrewd woman to get to the top of Hollywood and that Oscar. The performance they couldn't ignore but one thing that has turned off people about her was some 9/11 comments she made in a French TV show that the French media released after the win. I think that has hampered chances of another nomination.

She seems very nice in person but for whatever reason a lot don't like her. Kate Winslet and her were friends but one thing that people questioned was her BAFTA speech where some took it as a diss against Audrey Tatou who the studios insisted play Piaf as she wasn't well known enough. See it here. But I don't get this cause she and Tatou were friends and in A Very Long Engagement together - Cotillard did steal some of the limelight off her there.

by Anonymousreply 2505/16/2013

There was a backlash last year in France over some French actors' salaries; Cotillard was mentioned as demanding millions to be in state funded movies, some of which made no money.

She better not burn any bridges over there. As someone upthread pointed out, there is longevity to a career in Europe for a woman over 40. Not so much in Hollywood. And French love their divas, but not if they sell out to the Yanks.

by Anonymousreply 2605/16/2013

Thank you for reply R25. Very insightful! I heard about the 9/11 comment and I am pretty shocked it didn't cause any major backlash. She's pretty guarded when it comes to private life. We know who she is with but nothing else. This is why I have a problem imagining what kind of person she is. When you think of Jennifer Lawrence, you see her as an outgoing, sociable, funny girl. Jennifer Aniston is another party animal, Helen Mirren is witty in typical British sarcastic yet classy way, Julia Roberts seems nice but calculated but Marion? She is a perfect "white paper" to me. The same about her beau, Guillaume Canet. I like him but again, cannot say anything more except he's talented and ambitious because of his directing/writing pursuits.

by Anonymousreply 2705/16/2013

I predict she will be nominated for Best Actress in "Nine." Bet on it!!!

by Anonymousreply 2805/16/2013

I read on DL Canet cheated with Marion when he was still married to Diane. Is it true?

by Anonymousreply 2905/16/2013

Jean Dujardin was in the ensemble Little White Lies with Marion and I'm surprised I don't remember him, he is the sex. François Cluzet stole that movie though. I found her last French film Rust and Bone disappointing as I love that director.

The Marion loons will know this but worth posting. The three hottest Frenchies: Cotillard, Canet and Dujardin. Switch on the captions to get subtitles, may have to go to the site to do that.

by Anonymousreply 3005/16/2013

I saw her interviewed on some talk show with a lot of other actresses and she was dull as dirt. She had nothing to say, and added nothing to the conversation. Maybe it was because, although she can speak english well, she's not quite conversational in it? Or she doesn't want to divulge any personal information? I had no feelings for her one way or another before the interview, but, after seeing it, I think she's kind of a bore.

by Anonymousreply 3105/16/2013

[quote]Jean Dujardin was in the ensemble Little White Lies

by Anonymousreply 3205/16/2013

The Oscars roundtable, r31? She was quiet, I don't think Amy Adams said much either.

She is not very good at English although she seems to exaggerate it a bit as well. Public Enemies was a rubbish film where her character wasn't supposed to be French which stretched credulity.

by Anonymousreply 3305/16/2013

She's already a star. Discuss her performances and films, but everyone knows who she is.

by Anonymousreply 3405/16/2013

[quote]She was quiet, I don't think Amy Adams said much either.

Amy complained and whined about how hard it is to be a mom until Helen Hunt shut the bitch down and said they should take about their acting technique like the men did.

by Anonymousreply 3505/16/2013

Yeah, I found it strange she would complain about the paps, she's low key. Amy really shouldn't have been nominated for The Master. I think some were just more talkative than others. Especially Hunt and her chilled LA new age vibe.

Watts got slightly annoyed by Weisz or someone cause she considers herself English rather than Australian which she always gets called.

by Anonymousreply 3605/16/2013

Yes,that was the interview I saw. I don't have a tv, so found it on some link to youtube. I loved how loquacious Sally Field was. She seems like a hoot. Amy came off as a little whiny, but that didn't surprise me, because her screen presence is sweet but whiny. I thought most of the chicks were delightful, especially Rachel Weisz, whom I would almost have sex with.

by Anonymousreply 3705/16/2013

Little White Lies was good but I felt like it dragged too much. Props for giving spotlight to all characters, though all women - except Marion - were pretty much secondary to male characters, no character development at all. I wonder why... not implying Canet is biased, just he isn't as good at writing as he thinks. I think most of actors, like mentioned Cluzet stole this movie from meh factor - plot wasn't compelling, neither were lines. I would say he was lucky to get top notch actors.

by Anonymousreply 3805/16/2013

R29 Supposedly Cotillard and Canet were friends for a long time before they got involved.As for fucking around on Kruger I think that might have happened. Their relationship on a movie set they worked on together when Canet was with Kruger was much too cozy.

R36 Watts is part Welsh and part English actually and she immigrated to Australia in her teens so she's really British. She wasn't annoyed by Weisz. Weisz mentioned Australia in reference to Noami.

R37 Weisz is hot. Marion is even hotter. Watts is kinda cute too. It's funny how a roundtable like that opens up our "bi-curious side". Though Helen Hunt was very unattractive. she was very cunty/pretentious for someone who was a "mere/lowly" sitcom star.

R38 Cluzet can steal any film he's in, he's that good. He's no looker but he's got tons of talent.

by Anonymousreply 3905/17/2013

R23, I worked on the crew of Blood Ties with Canet and Cotillard. She was fine but he was a little bitch who screamed all the time. We hated him and made fun of him at any given opportunity. And he was NOT a beautiful looking guy. There was a Frenchman on the camera department who was, however. He was hotness personified. There were several French crew members on it and it got a little nasty at times-their attitudes about the US really sucked.

by Anonymousreply 4005/17/2013

R39 Thanks! Marion and Canet had amazing chemistry in the movie, so I thought they hooked up during shooting. The idea of Canet cheating makes him less hot. Same for Marion, if she was with someone. I only read she briefly dated Gaspard Ulliel but isn't he, like, too young for her?

R40 No wonder, he's a workaholic. He doesn't age well. The same goes for Marion. If you see her in photoshoot, she takes your breath away. But in candids... different story. Looks very bugged-eyed with overly large sags under eyes, earthly and sick-looking complexion. Make-up does wonders.

by Anonymousreply 4105/17/2013

They do have a beyond-adorable kid named Marcel, though. She'd bring him to the set and everybody would melt. And Canet showed a sweet side with him he'd never show as a director.

by Anonymousreply 4205/17/2013

She is a movie star and she will remain one.

by Anonymousreply 4305/17/2013

R42 Sounds like a typical choleric. Shows his kind side only to the loved ones.

How is Marion? What was your impression of her?

by Anonymousreply 4405/17/2013

She's fine, R44. She smiled a lot and was pleasant to everybody. The role she's playing in Blood Ties is definitely a stretch-her character is an Italian-American Brooklyn prostitute. She worked very hard on getting the dialect right and she seemed to be about 85% successful. There's a bit in a jail cell with no dialogue where she gets to show how brilliant she can be.

by Anonymousreply 4505/17/2013

R42 Thank you very much for those replies! After seeing the recent stills I thought her character is some kind of femme fatale. Do you think she could earn some nominations and scores a few awards (not as prestigious as Oscars)? Will this movie be better than LWL? I watched it again yesterday. Fine directing but terrible script.

by Anonymousreply 4605/17/2013

No. Her English is not good enough.

by Anonymousreply 4705/17/2013

R14, Cotillard does not have a prosthetic foot. Like so many before you, you have fallen into the trap of confusing her with Totie Fields. Despite the undeniable similarities, they are not the same person.

by Anonymousreply 4805/17/2013

r16 and r48, she most certainly does have a prosthetic foot. You can even see it in some pictures where she's wearing heels. It is the left one.

by Anonymousreply 4905/17/2013

Yes - she has a prosthetic food. that's why she was cast in Rust & Bone. She played tricks behind the scenes at 'dark knight rises' by hiding her prosthetic foot in different places. You can see it in the background in the batcave.

by Anonymousreply 5005/17/2013

r49 If she had a prosthetic foot THEN she wouldn't be wearing heels! Her foot would fall off her leg! She would have a prosthetic leg if she lost her foot.

R50 She wore green screen thingies on her feet for Rust and Bone.

On Canet. He seems like a cunt. I saw him on French TV asking Leo DiCaprio if he fucked his wife!? French guys can be really rude like that.I'm glad to hear that Marion is a sweetie. Too bad she ended up with that bastard. Oh I think Marion had a boyfriend kill himself when they were together. I think it was Claude Zidi's son.

Marion is brave for working in American films and doing what she's doing.Her English is not 100 percent perfect but she gives it a go anyway.

by Anonymousreply 5105/17/2013

R51 I watched this video you mentioned and I thought it was a joke - stupid, offensive but a joke - till I saw how awkward and embarrassed Leo seemed. Thankfully he is a good actor, otherwise it would get even more weird for everyone.

That is horrible to hear her ex-boyfriend committed suicide. Do you know why and how she reacted?

by Anonymousreply 5205/17/2013

The boyfriend actually jumped off a balcony first in an attempt to kill himself. He survived and then killed himself. Marion was supposedly doing drugs during that time with him and afterwards. Thankfully she got out of it. She has such a great disposition and she is so talented. Unfortunately she got involved with that cuntbag,Canet.Kruger got smart and dumped his ass.

by Anonymousreply 5305/18/2013

R51, they make prosthetic feet for heels. They make all kinds of prosthetic feet. And she afford one of each. It's the left foot and you can see it in some of the red carpet photos.

by Anonymousreply 5405/18/2013

R54 If she lost her foot below her ankle, she is not supporting a heel.Not especially with the way she walks.I know someone who lost their foot AND to get around you don't just have a foot, you have a leg fitted on to your leg to act as your foot.

by Anonymousreply 5505/18/2013

Bitch knows how to work that prosthetic foot, she can even can-can!

by Anonymousreply 5605/18/2013

r39 yeah.. I remember Weisz making a reference to Australia and I thought that's why Watts said she was English later on. She lived in England till she was 12 but I think lost a good deal of the accent for a while? She can certainly go back to it as shown in Eastern Promises. Love her.

Still haven't saw The Constant Gardener so have yet to make up my mind on Weisz, I must have saw her in something. Whereas I love Amy Adams and had to switch off Junebug after half an hour, oh my god.

Cluzet I find oddly sexy. He's a Dustin Hoffman lookalike so I know I shouldn't (not into Dustin!) it's strange.

Shame to hear that about Canet, but I imagine them being foreign working with Americans would never turn out well. Canet's "you fuck my wife" to Leo was a joke, a Raging Bull reference.

Here is someone with a prosthetic foot

by Anonymousreply 5705/18/2013

R57 Watts is in fact half Welsh so she was not 100 percent honest about being English. She's so Welsh she went to Welsh school when she lived in Britain. That being said she's a good actress and cute in a non glamorous way.

Here's a story about Canet. He did that Little White Lies film in France because of a certain inspiration. He was in the hospital in France for an infection and no one came to visit him in the hospital. So the fucking guy has very few real friends in real life.BTW Blood Ties is a remake of a film Canet made in France with Cluzet. One he didn't original right?

Cluzet looks nothing like Hoffman.Cluzet is not that handsome but he's got tons of talent though.

by Anonymousreply 5805/18/2013

Interesting r58. So Naomi has a similar background to Christian Bale then. Except Bale is totally in denial of the Welsh part, he is Welsh, was born there I think.

But Bale also has an odd upbringing, spending much of his time from childhood on in America. So he's one person you could hardly blame for accent confusion as it was since childhood, though people are accusing him of putting on this Cockney accent since the Oscars!

That is a shame Blood Ties is a remake. Your Little White Lies story is interesting! A shame Guillaume is a douche, but not surprising. He's also from a privileged background to boot. I don't think there's any gay roles but he's done nudity in 2 films I've saw.

[quote]Helen Hunt was very unattractive. she was very cunty/pretentious for someone who was a "mere/lowly" sitcom star.

Yeah, it amazes me she did so well when she came from one of the worst sitcoms ever. She has been difficult on the eyes lately with whatever face work she had.

She can act, not so much the contentious As Good As It Gets but I was totally won over by her in The Sessions where I could even look past the distracting look she had.

As for Cluzet, he was in a very similar themed film to The Sessions and was great again but the other guy actually won the Cesar beating Jean Dujardin for The Artist. Sure everyone will know that, but great film.

by Anonymousreply 5905/18/2013

r55, I don't think any of us know whether she is missing the foot above or below the ankle and there are many, many different prosthetic models. She can afford to have the best of the bunch, whatever that may be, for her particular needs.

I did hear on NPR this week that it is preferred to wear very basic ones for just getting around because the ankles on the fancy ones aren't great for normal walking; they're more fragile or something. They also have false skins that can be applied over bionic looking ones.

by Anonymousreply 6005/19/2013

R59 - in the UK your nationality is less about where you were born but where your family come from.

Christian Bale was born in Wales but he's not Welsh. Had his mother been in Mogadishu when she went into labour he wouldn't be a Somali. The Welsh media always refer to him as "Welsh Born Oscar Winning Batman Star Christian Bale" as they're desperate to claim people for themselves.

Joanne Lumley and Cliff Richard were born in India to British families, but are never described as Indian.

In a lot of the Commonwealth countries there's a strong link to family heritage. Kylie and Dannii Minogue feels partly Welsh as their mother emigrated as a small child, and the same for Naomi Watts and Olivia Newton John,

by Anonymousreply 6105/19/2013

Very true r61 re: nationality in the UK, those in the commonwealth can get a British passport provided their grandparents were born in Britain, something like that.

Olivia is more Australian (very distinguished family tree she has of course with herself being a nice addition to the lineage), the Bee Gees English: born in Manchester yet spent formative years in Oz but Andy Gibb was the only one with the Australian accent. Rod Stewart just had Scottish parents yet is associated with there cause he himself goes there a lot and often wears tartan.

Bale I wasn't sure of as he's often referred to as Welsh, there's a Welsh football or rugby player with that surname as well which made me think it.

lol don't talk to me about media claiming as the Scottish media does this all the time and it gets right on my tits. I'm not even into being nationalistic or overly patriotic but it's just the innacuracy that annoys me.

It can be a tricky thing and is different for everyone, I think it's all about what the person identifies as but then then some seem to be in denial. Donovan left Scotland at age 9 yet still has the accent. Deborah Kerr I'm not sure of but she's often referred to as an English rose. On the other hand I wish they'd claim Lulu!

This is of interest to me as I have an Aunt who moved to Surrey and an Uncle to Manchester from Scotland after they left school or whatever and both lost their accents. I don't want to judge as there can be various reasons for this, trying to fit in, naturally picking it up. My mum says the Aunt is Cockney (how she sounds sounds more or less) and the Aunt said she never had a Scottish accent, hmmm.

by Anonymousreply 6205/19/2013

R62 Rod Stewart is half English as far as I know(as is his accent). He likes to play the Scottish card though God bless his heart!

You'll get people like johnny Marr(whose parents are Irish) saying he can't stand the Union Flag. One of the Gallaghers from Oasis claiming that most of the big musicians in Britain are of Celtic derivation. as a matter of fact Gallagher's mum told him he was only English because he was born there(she's Irish of course).

That being said I wanted to make a broader point about Canet's hospitalization . Canet had been working like a dog on editing filming etc so on. so the infection he got was very serious.It happened in the summertime when his friends on holiday. Even so you'd think one person would visit the guy.Nah....

One other story about Canet and his lack of finesse.He was with James in Paris. He mentioned Marion and James didn't know who she was. Canet's response was :"Are you stupeed(sic)? She won an Oscar... well Gray has met Cotillard and she has done The Nightingale with him. Canet,Gray, Marion all went to dinner in Paris oe night.Marion mentioned that she liked a certain Hollywood actor(I wonder if it was Will Ferrell), Gray thought he was shitty and Marion threw a piece of bread at him as her retort! Ah the French so charming aren't they? No matter I still adore Marion, she is one women I could go straight for.

by Anonymousreply 6305/19/2013

I thought she already was?

by Anonymousreply 6405/19/2013

R40, thanks so much for the insight! The original Blood Ties (with Canet playing the cop brother) was very good and that director is top notch.

I was very disappointed when that Canet took the story to Hollywood. Whatever. It's a true story that took place in Lyon, why make a US version? The only good thing about the new cast is Lily Taylor.

Very very glad you guys hated Canet. He gets by on his looks here and has smugface all over...

Please share stories of pranks or ridiculous shouting or anything really from the set.

by Anonymousreply 6505/19/2013

Thanks guys for sharing stories on Canet and Marion. It's so difficult to get any rumors on French actors, I enjoy every opportunity to get to known them better, even if they turn out to be douches. Bring them more!

R65 are you from France? If so, can you tell us how Marion and Canet are viewed in their homeland? I heard she is seen as pretentious and arrogant following her Oscar win. Something about being too good for France.

by Anonymousreply 6605/19/2013

R45 So that's the role she went for in the remake... It'll be interesting. This was Cluzet's love interest in the film.

Is Lily Taylor playing the woman who ends up becoming the cop's lover?

On the you-fuck-my-wife joke, Canet was just "quoting" from one of those Hollywood films that French "cinephiles" can quote from because it doesn't take a lot of grasp of the English language, Raging Bull. It was in poor taste and yes Canet is a douche. From a priviledge background indeed, he was going to have a career as a horserider, the kind you see at the Olympics, but had an injury I believe.

R58 Thanks so much for the genesis of that terrible movie Little White Lies! There is a class of people in France just like the characters in the movie and you don't need to see the whole movie to see they don't give a toss about one another (supposed "friends"), let alone the rest of the population.

Seems like Canet needed that infection to figure that out.

by Anonymousreply 6705/19/2013

My best friend has been a huge fan of Marion Cotillard from the very beginning (when she was not famous at all), so it's hard to get an objective view. She had a very long ride to the "top" so she is definitely respected as an actress. We know she worked very hard to be where she is now and we like the classy image she projects. I'd say everybody was very proud of her sweeping wins over La Môme (Edith Piaf). Opinions may vary of course. I didn't use to like her because of her voice even though I found her to be a good actress. I started liking her (and loving her for it, even) when she took Hollywood. Good on her.

And I do believe she is too good for France.

As for Canet, it's hard to say. One of my colleagues (in her 50s) adores the adaptation he directed of Tell No One by Harlan Coben and he is an audience favourite. I find him a douche but I've always found him attractive too and one of the few men I'd bed (apart from the fact that he annoys me now, so not anymore, but 10 years ago yes)

What Canet did to Diane Kruger I find despicable. It's obvious to me Cotillard and Canet had an on-and-off very French liaison from Love Me If You Dare/Jeux d'enfants (2003). In 2007 one of my colleagues had Canet and Kruger move into her building, so this had been going on for years and years... And the German tend to be honest about their feelings, so she really got cheated on this one. What a douche that guy is for doing that.

Love Me If You Dare: recommended if you want to see a softcore portrait of what a sado-masochistic relationship is like. Very insightful film as the French elite bourgeoisie tend to behave that way in love. Speaking from experience. Very good film, not for the faint-hearted as it is cruel.

by Anonymousreply 6805/19/2013

R66 if you want more stories about French actors, just drop in a few names. I may have a few, who knows

by Anonymousreply 6905/19/2013

Oh what a great thread this is, very interesting info and gossip!

Anyone who's saw Little White Lies will know it has a comedy gay sub-plot which is perhaps the highlight of the film. It does have a bizarre riff on homosexuality and line from the pen of Canet "you have to respect it", what was he saying with the homophobia in this film? The continental Euros seem to have a different, more relaxed and open attitude to homosexuality than the UK, though obviously things are happening just now.

So many great actors in France, very competitive. I remember seeing Marion at the Cesars for LVER and the clips of the other nominees were fantastic as well. Some weren't even sure she'd get it, I think Isabelle Carre in M(?) won a few awards.

I just love the French and continental Euros, so hot! If only I'd kept up languages since school, I'd be off there in a shot.

Since this has turned into a Frenchie film thread of sorts, one I loved was The Serpent with a very hot older actor. Thought there would be a remake of that.

by Anonymousreply 7005/19/2013

Isabelle Carré is lovely! I met her twice at "events" (not hoopla events, just debates that are organised at Fnac or theatres, sort of after-screening or pre-screening Q&A).

She is very, very kind and very easy to approach on those events.

A very good actress too, I've liked most anything I saw her in.

She's totally un-star like in real life, sort of the type of person you wouldn't even notice she seems so shy. She looks like a bookworm, doesn't wear make-up and I think she wears glasses actually. Sort of like the girl who reads and reads and reads and knows all those paragraphs from literature by heart, a theatre major basically who has a very intense imagination.

To lesbian lovers out there: go check Eros thérapie. It was a peculiar movie but you may like her in it. And it has Catherine Frot, who one has to adore.

by Anonymousreply 7105/19/2013

She's walking on thin ice, the audience still respect her as an actress, but can't stand her new personality.

by Anonymousreply 7205/19/2013

What about crazy Beatrice Dalle? Any gossip on Binoche?

by Anonymousreply 7405/19/2013

Oh how I love Tahar Rahim, beautiful. I saw him in something at a film festival recently, think I only went cause he was in it. Film was merely alright but he and the actress were good.

So spooky about Marion's boyfriend jumping off a balcony and killing himself, given her character in Inception. May explain some of her recent performances. This is the one thing I didn't know about her, fascinating.

I have one: what's up with the feud with Huppert and Adjani? Real or press manufactured. They were roommates in the 70s, so I think it stretches beyond competition.

by Anonymousreply 7505/19/2013

It sounds like Marion's suicidal boyfriend was reenacting The Apartment.

by Anonymousreply 7605/19/2013

R75 just as shock as the news on her doing drugs. I am curious what kind of drugs. If it's pot, then no problem, but for the sake of child I hope she is not into heavier stuff.

by Anonymousreply 7705/19/2013

r77, yes, WHAT ABOUT THE CHILD?!?!?!?! E-Village Frau, begone.

by Anonymousreply 7805/19/2013

R78 I am not E-Village Frau, so you can gladly fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 7905/19/2013

R79, what if a child came across your post‽ have some self respect and use clean language. You could harm children with those f word!!!!

by Anonymousreply 8005/19/2013

Little White Lies was awful, has one of the more cringeworthy funeral scenes ever. Most of the character are disagreeable.

Marion was also awful in the Batman movie. Her scene driving the truck is laughable.

by Anonymousreply 8105/19/2013

R77 It was much harder than pot and she got herself out of that funk.Unfortunately she ended up with Canet who comes across as the typical French upper class prick. I knew someone who worked with Marion but I never asked what she was like. At that point i only remembered her as the cute girl in a Highlander episode with a heavy French accent.

Beatrice Dalle someone asked about her....she once said she would like to meet Jesus Christ and make love to him. That describes her in a nutshell.

Remember when Adjani got knocked up by Danny Day Lewis and he flew the coop on her? What a cunt he was.If he had ever seen One Deadly Summer he would know not to fuck around on her or leave her!?;)

R81 I love Marion but she deserved a lifetime Razzie for that performance. It was some sort of new low. Her death scene is the equal of anything Joan Crawford did in Mommy Dearest.

I watched a film that Lambert Wilson was in on TV5 in the recent past and he came off as an utter queen. He was so gay he made Liberace look straight.

As for Kruger, it is a shame as to what happened to her BUT she's with JJ now. She got a North American type who is less likely to fool around with every girl that wants to blow him. Marion and Canet were playing a silly sexually based game(sort of a Gallic version of Truth or Dare) when he was still married to Kruger. It is the type of thing that teenagers would play here. Then again i saw French friends of mine in their Twenties engage in such silliness(like playing Spin The Bottle) so it's no surprise to see Marion and Canet act like that either.

by Anonymousreply 8205/20/2013

excellent in rust and bone

by Anonymousreply 8305/20/2013

I'm surprised she didn't discuss her own amputation more during the press tour for Rust & Bone.

by Anonymousreply 8405/20/2013

The problem is that when she began her campaign for the Oscars, she developed a new personality more in touch with the American sensibility.

It's just silly actress rivalry, they were always in competition, and Adjani used to complain that Huppert had more access to project than her because she was sleeping with the head of the studio. Funny story Huppert wanted to play Camille Claudel And Adjani " La Dame au Camelias.

by Anonymousreply 8505/20/2013

R82, are you saying that Marion and Canet enacted the plot from their own Truth or Dare film in real life?

Movie is Jeux d'enfants/Love Me If You Dare.

by Anonymousreply 8605/20/2013

It was more vulgar than the movie. One of the dares was to get someone on the crew to show his cock and take a picture of it! That was virginal Marion's little idea BTW...oh and she succeeded too!Then again if Marion wanted to see my cock I'd let her BUT something would have to happen! I tell you that one really brings out my bi-curious side.....

by Anonymousreply 8705/20/2013

I used to get the crazy druggie kinda hippie chick vibe from Marion. Then Oscar happened and she turned into classy Dior lady.

by Anonymousreply 8805/20/2013

Lili Taylor plays Billy Crudup's character's wife.

I've read one bad review of it so far from Cannes. Can't say I'm too cut-up about that because Canet was really a douchebag. He was always screaming for the set to be quiet when it was fine. He had a really thick accent that was hard to understand. At one point he explained a shot for what seemed like 4 minutes. After he finished a crew guy said "I look forward to hearing it in English now."

Not surprised to see the review point out that Cotillard was miscast. She was.

by Anonymousreply 8905/20/2013

I ALWAYS got the crazy druggie kinda hippie chick vibe from Marion, which is why I was scared of her and wouldn't even go near her movies like my friend did.And she likes crazy druggie kinda hippie chicks.

Oscar glory calmed her down a bit. Or maybe she graduated to a higher class of drugs (could be).

by Anonymousreply 9005/20/2013

Thanks R40 (the movie is at Cannes???? No...)

I am so happy to hear Canet's accent (and English in general, probaly) wasn't good enough for him to be directing a crew, because it is indeed crap but he probably didn't know it until this particular shoot. Thank you SO MUCH. Typically the kind of French attitude I can't stand.

So Cotillard was miscast. Too bad.

Billy Crudup plays... the guy who is in prison? The guy who wants to kill the cop brother at some point?

Who plays the cop brother, who plays the robber/pimp brother?

The French version of this was fine. It was called Les Liens du sang (link below)

by Anonymousreply 9105/20/2013

Oh hang on, I've saw the original since I see the English title is Rivals.

It was decent but not that good, certainly not remake worthy. That was one of the films where the sexy Guillaume gets his kit off. Most notable aspect was the period look, it's like a 70s cop show.

by Anonymousreply 9205/20/2013

Canet and Cotillard as a romantic couple floppped teribly early this year.

No-one in France gave a toss about this.

by Anonymousreply 9305/20/2013

The period look was very well-done on Rivals, and the film was very decent. I see no reason at all for a remake, specially given the specificities of the story.

by Anonymousreply 9405/20/2013

Same goes for Canet's vanity project involving race horses.

by Anonymousreply 9505/20/2013

"The Last Flight is a brief cinematic experience at 86 minutes but feels lengthy and leaden."

"Cotillard and Canet both seem to sleepwalk through their roles, however, a problem which obviously intensifies when their characters run out of water and wander listlessly through the Sahara with minimal dialogue. It’s at this point that the sole surviving camel comes into his own, providing the only real energy in the film’s final 15 minutes."

review from Screendaily

by Anonymousreply 9605/20/2013

r93 I have the DVD of that but still haven't watched. It sounded so good and David Lean-esque, but was an utter disaster, flopping in its home country.

That was the one I believe Marion talked about getting the French razzie for.. some had a go at her as she slagged off the director saying she had to imagine "Michael Mann or Rob Marshall or Christopher Nolan" directing instead - referencing the auteurs she went on to work with. People were saying why was she blaming the director instead of herself.

Les Jolies Choses/Pretty Things is a good Marion film, she's known for taking her clothes off. Innocence on the other hand isn't, avoid at all costs!

by Anonymousreply 9705/20/2013

Films I've seen with Cotillard:

At the theatre:

Les petits mouchoirs (Little White Lies) - left after 30 minutes - hated this film - not her fault though

Public Enemies - left before the end as well, through no fault of her own. Found it boring, am not a Michael Mann fan I guess

Sauf le respect que je vous dois - social realist drama at the workplace - the first film I remember seeing with her in it and acknowledging her presence. She wasn't a star yet and had a small role. She was good in it and played the outcast chick

Big Fish - I didn't like this film and remember this was yet more proof that her voice annoyed me to no end

Comment je me suis disputé... (ma vie sexuelle) - I don't remember her in this ensemble drama about French intelectuals. I have no idea who she play in this film. A girlfriend, I take it

Saw after their release:

La môme

Une grande année - that unsufferable Russell Crowe... She is rather good in this cliché of a movie. Didier Bourdon is exceptional, loved himeven more after seeing this movie

Dikkenek - I've seen bits and pieces of this over the years, but mainly for the Belgian actors involved

Jeux d'enfants - surprisingly good. Very twisted. For those who wish to dwelve in the Cotillard/Canet psyche

La belle Verte - fell asleep while this was playing, which is a good thing as I have much trouble sleeping. Very good memories as I fell sound asleep

by Anonymousreply 9805/20/2013

vous etes un snob! n'est ce pas?

by Anonymousreply 9905/20/2013

“I never had the American dream of having a career here,” Mr. Canet said, sitting beneath a framed map of Paris in a rented Chelsea penthouse that served as his home base, with Ms. Cotillard and Marcel in the other room. “I like working here a lot, but I feel more at ease in my own language, and I have the impression that I’m better in my own language.”

I guess Canet learned his lesson from the shoot.

And then Marion adds the last straw (thanks, Marion! With this kind of support, who needs enemies?)

A week later, Ms. Cotillard said by phone from Paris: “When you don’t shoot in your own language, it’s complex, because he had to direct actors, and sometimes trying to find le mot juste demanded an enormous amount of energy. But he always found a way to convey what he meant even if he didn’t have the words.”

I guess it's fair to say he can't speak for shit.

by Anonymousreply 10005/20/2013

Big Fish was appalling. Public Enemies was bad, but she was very good in it, especially compared to plank of wood Bale.

While it seemed she came out of nowhere for LVER and that's where most would discover her, people don't realise she had a good body of work behind her.

I loved her so much in La Vie that was the first year I became obsessed with the Oscars (was always interested since childhood, but never followed in depth other than catching films like Dead Man Walking and Leaving Las Vegas). I was also obsessed with Into the Wild and Atonement that year and there was actually this fabulous "Marion's road to Oscar" blog, it didn't seem like it could become true as Julie Christie dominated awards season but it did.

James McAvoy interviewed on the red carpet at a film festival during awards season then said what a fan he was of Marion's films, so she had a following and was respected. On that same red carpet the interviewer even got Marion's name wrong, but Marion was very gracious and didn't correct her, she had to go through so much crap. She'd soon find out who she was.

by Anonymousreply 10105/20/2013

Christian Bale is one of the most terrible actors out there.

Thanks so much for the blog info, looks perfect.

As for Canet, just realised that in terms of image, he is the closest thing in France to what you have in the U.S. with Ben Affleck. Make of that what you will.

by Anonymousreply 10205/20/2013

R102 Ben Affleck is a talented director and Canet is not.

by Anonymousreply 10305/21/2013

I beg to differ. They are both equally shallow, douchey and rely mostly on their looks.

Their films as directors are nothing but slick.

At least Canet is a slightly better actor.

by Anonymousreply 10405/22/2013

I just caught the Blood Ties trailer, Marion sounds like a Cajun girl trying to imitate a Yiddish accent!Will this be her first Razzie nomination and will she accept? Canet would be pissed about that for sure if she did.....

by Anonymousreply 10505/22/2013

Would love it if she accepts... It will be a tribute to her man's directing skills.

by Anonymousreply 10605/22/2013

Perhaps the subject of another Truth or Dare: do you dare to accept your Razzie?...

by Anonymousreply 10705/22/2013

Just wait for her speaking in Polish.

by Anonymousreply 10805/22/2013

R108 Yes we are all waiting for her so eagerly to speak Polish in The Immigrant/Nightingale!? Since 99.9 percent of people in the English speaking world don't speak Polish they will not give a shit. She could speak it with her Cajun/Brooklyn Jewish and Italian accent and no one would notice. Oh and no one will see that film either now will they? It has bomb written all over it just like Blood Ties does.

by Anonymousreply 10905/22/2013

Thanks for the heads up, just watched the trailer.

My observations:

1. Owen has finally aged, he looks like shit or perhaps it was deliberately deglam. He now has that rugged look people said he had but not in a good way and lost the pretty.

2. Good cast anyway. Zoe Saldana, James Caan, Billy Cruddup. Oddly I always thought Mila Kunis was a Marion lookalike.

3. Marion's accent. Oh my god.. she just isn't good enough to do that, neither she nor Canet are proficient enough in English to pull it off. Polyglot actors of yore like Signoret, Bergman, Maximilian Schell and just now Kristin Scott Thomas CAN most certainly do it as they are truly fluent.

Re: Canet's defeatist attitude to directing in English. I call bullshit on that, look at the number of non-English and not that fluent speaking big name directors there are. I think it's more cause he's a temperamental little shit. He's doing a remake to boot, what is so hard about that, he already has a template.

4. This film looks a hot mess really. Bad trailer.

by Anonymousreply 11005/23/2013

R109 speak for yourself. Also your observation is plain wrong - I have seen A LOT of negative criticism towards her accent, as demonstrated by 110 below.

Speaking of which, I fully agree with R110

by Anonymousreply 11105/23/2013

R111 What the heck are you talking about? I'm the one that posted the news about the Blood Ties trailer and commented on her shitty accent in Blood Ties. And how she will deserve a Razzie.So R110 and I agree.

by Anonymousreply 11205/23/2013

Shame she wasn't born in USA or in any English-speaking country. She would be next Meryl Streep and now she is just the best French actress with an amazing talent but poor ear for accents and inability to perform exceptionally well in Hollywood movies.

by Anonymousreply 11305/23/2013

The only valid reason to remake this movie is to recast the role of the romantic rival to the cop brother: the original actor in Les Liens du sang was decent, but Matthias Schoenaerts from Rust and Bones is exceptional.

by Anonymousreply 11405/24/2013

She was hot in the David Bowie video.

by Anonymousreply 11505/24/2013

Perhaps Ridley Scott should have done the job. He's only one of the great directors. From Indiewire:

A remake of the 2008 film "Les Liens De Sang" (which should be noted, ran nearly 40 minutes shorter than this movie), that starred Canet, he explains in the press notes that he had decided to redo that film, because it was one he would have enjoyed to direct and he was wary of it getting remade elsewhere (Ridley Scott was circling). Even more, he liked his work on 'Sang,' and figured by shepherding this project himself, he could have the full control that might not be afforded to him if he just signed to any other Hollywood project. But it seems that authorial space got the best of Canet and allowed him to overindulge, where restraint in nearly every component -- the script, soundtrack, editing -- would have done wonders.

by Anonymousreply 11605/24/2013

Oh dear so the lovely Berenice Bejo won Best Actress at Cannes for the role Marion was meant to do by the director of A Separation.

Looks like the Marion fans were right that she should've went for this, but I don't blame her for wanting to spend more time with her kid.

by Anonymousreply 11705/26/2013

Marion's newest movie didn't win any Cannes prizes. Funny thing when you consider Berenice, who won the best actress award, replaced Marion in The Past.

Is it true then French are over Marion? Looks likely.

by Anonymousreply 11805/26/2013

Posted at same time r118 :)

by Anonymousreply 11905/26/2013

So what won Best Pic at Cannes? I'm too lazy to google. Or have they not awarded it yet, it's late evening in Cannes.

by Anonymousreply 12005/26/2013

R119 Gotcha! :)

R120 if you mean Palme d'Or, then 'Blue Is The Warmest Colour' won (director and two actresses).

by Anonymousreply 12105/26/2013

She can't act in english at all and is only decent in her native language. I don't get the love.

by Anonymousreply 12205/26/2013

Audiences are fickle.

by Anonymousreply 12305/27/2013

Speaking of Berenice, I'm suddenly interested in Populaire. I wasn't gonna bother but it's getting good reviews and has the delicious Romain Duris.

Anything known about Romain? He's giving major gay face in the poster for it and I never spotted this before.

Didn't notice him in Moliere with the long hair, but absolutely loved The Beat That My Heart Skipped, him and the movie. It's possibly even better than the director's Un prophète and certainly miles above Rust and Bone.

by Anonymousreply 12406/07/2013

I just watched Rust & Bone finally. She was wonderful.

There's a funny thread on IMDb with someone claiming her character was summoning the devil when does the whale dance on the balcony.

Also, Marion believes the Moon landings were faked.

by Anonymousreply 12512/05/2013

She is sweet and kind of beautiful, but she is not a great beauty and her movies lack magic and the dream quality. She doesn't overpower us with her aura, with her presence.

Of course, you cannot be Deneuve, nowdays. Right?

by Anonymousreply 12605/29/2014

"her movies lack magic and the dream quality. [...] Of course, you cannot be Deneuve, nowdays. Right?"

Have you seen Inception? LOL And Cotillard >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Catherine "Ice Cold Bitch in every movie since the 60's" Deneuve.

by Anonymousreply 12706/25/2015

Her boyfriend, Guillaume Canet, is having an affair with Grace Kelly's granddaughter, Charlotte Casiraghi.

But Cotillard is also having fun with Michael Fassbender.

Cotillard and Canet are the French equivalent to Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin: both are cheating on each other but pretend to be a perfect couple in front of the cameras.

by Anonymousreply 12806/25/2015

Cotillard is also having fun with Michael Fassbender. Their pics at the Amfar gala were very hot!

Cotillard and Canet are the French equivalent to Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin: both are cheating on each other but pretend to be a perfect couple in front of the cameras.

by Anonymousreply 12906/25/2015

[quote]Her boyfriend, Guillaume Canet, is having an affair with Grace Kelly's granddaughter, Charlotte Casiraghi.

Does Gad Elmaleh, the father of Casiraghi's son, know or care?

The French are far more casual about who they fuck and what they do on their own time.

by Anonymousreply 13006/25/2015

Gad Elmaleh probably knows about the cheating, the whole France knows, it was on the cover of a popular magazine in May, everyone was mocking him on Twitter, but he obviously doesn't care since she is a "princess" and far more good-looking than him, she's his trophy after all. Besides, Cotillard and Canet spend vacations together with Casiraghi and Elmaleh, this is sick! LOL

Canet might be the father of Casiraghi's son as well, they have an affair since 2010, they attended Rome Film Festival together that year while Cotillard was far away shooting Contagion. Canet also slept with all of Cotillard's friends, from Carla Bruni to her best friend Elodie Navarre, before they started dating (and maybe after), so I don't think this is a secret for her either, she knows her man, he spends more time with Casiraghi than with her and their son.

by Anonymousreply 13106/25/2015

R131 Charlotte and Gad , looking very "happy":

by Anonymousreply 13206/25/2015

"Charlotte and Gad , looking very "happy":"

The typical pap stroll to prove that they are still together a few days after the press announced their split... Cotillard and Canet do this everytime that there's rumors about cheating, break up or when they have to promote a movie... Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner's style.

by Anonymousreply 13306/26/2015

R124 my best friend's sister knows Duris, she's French, lives in Paris. He's straight, has a kid with his actress gf .

by Anonymousreply 13406/26/2015

'The French are far more casual about who they fuck and what they do on their own time.'

No, R130, they aren't. That's a silly stereotype. French people object when their partner fucks someone else behind their back, just like anyone does

Cotillard is a moron, she is a 9/11 truther. If Canet and she have an arrangement well, that's no different to half the couple in Hollywood but is in no way representative of normal French people.

by Anonymousreply 13506/26/2015

"Cotillard is a moron, she is a 9/11 truther"

And you're a moron for being a US government believer! The whole world knows that the government and the media lie, even American knows! not everyone believes in Fox News! Where are the so-called nuclear weapons? where's Bin Laden's body? and how many terrorist attacks their spying prevented? the Boston Marathon anyone?

by Anonymousreply 13606/27/2015

French people cheat and water is wet... shocking, I know. All of Guillaume Canet's friends like Jean Dujardin, Gilles Lellouche and François Cluzet cheated on their girlfriends/wifes with younger women, why would Canet be different? he's a party guy who's going through a mid-life crisis exactly like them. The only reason for him staying with Cotillard until now it's because she's more famous than him even in France and he can use her to promote his sh-tty movies and campaign for a César.

by Anonymousreply 13706/27/2015

"French people cheat and water is wet... shocking" LMAO

by Anonymousreply 13806/28/2015

R13 That Earthworm Jim? REALLY? LOL you aren't losing anything! Canet's pubic hair is longer than his cock! Cotillard and Casiraghi can barely feel his little thing.

by Anonymousreply 13907/06/2015

I don't know how to post links here and I don't know if this will work, but there was a horse competition this Saturday where Cotillard and Canet were looking miserable together, she was more happy next to his mistress Charlotte Casiraghi than with him by her side, it was very funny! They can't even pretend that they love each other anymore... How long will they stay together? will they follow Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner and announce their split after their 10th anniversary?, if so, there's only two years left.!txjHFncPQE/

by Anonymousreply 14007/06/2015

R140 It didn't work out, but here it goes Cotillard and Canet looking miserable:

by Anonymousreply 14107/06/2015

R140 Cotillard and Canet looking miserable again:

by Anonymousreply 14207/06/2015

R140 Cotillard having fun with Casiraghi aka Canet's mistress:

by Anonymousreply 14307/06/2015

R129 Can't blame Marion for riding on the Fasscock, her boyfriend's is almost invisible, she deserves something better and bigger! and who's bigger than Fassy?

Funny that they did that in front of Thinking Man's Blake Lively aka Harvey Weinstein's new Gretchen Mol...

by Anonymousreply 14407/06/2015

R144 Blind item about them:

by Anonymousreply 14507/07/2015

R143 I don't understand these people, they all hang out and fuck together? Eww. Or maybe they know about the gossip and by appearing together as friends( I mean, Charlotte and Marion) they are debunking this gossip as a big lie. I remember Catherine Deneuve did the same with Marcello Mastroianni's wife. She was "the mistress" but also his wife's friend. French actors are weird.

by Anonymousreply 14607/07/2015

R146 They are weird indeed! Another French couple, Simone Signoret and Yves Montand, lived a similar situation, they were friends with another famous American couple, Arthur Miller and Marilyn Monroe. Simone was very intelligent, an Oscar winner and a respected actress in France and U.S., Arthur loved to talk to her and they could talk for hours about anything, Marilyn was jealous of Simone and her friendship with Arthur, although she was friends with Simone as well, guess what happened! Marilyn and Yves had an affair on the set of their movie, "Let's Make Love" (yeah, they really did it! LMAO). Simone was devastated when she found out about the cheating but she forgave Yves and they remained married until her death, Yves just blamed Marilyn for seducing him, typical. He kept cheating on Simone with other women throughout the years.

Simone said this about Marilyn: "If Marilyn is in love with my husband it proves she has good taste, for I am in love with him too. She will never know how much I didn't hate her."

by Anonymousreply 14707/09/2015

R146 Cotillard is still friends with Elodie Navarre, her best friend who dated Canet before her, so I think it says a lot about her, she stays close to the women who have slept with her boyfriend. But do you think that Canet is friends with Cotillard's exes? no way! he was friends with French singer Sinclair, who dated Cotillard for 2 years, he even composed the soundtrack of Canet's film Mon Idole, but when Cotillard and him broke up and she started dating Canet, guess what happened with their "friendship"! he disappeared from their lives! Marion is not allowed to stay close to her exes, only Guillaume is.

Besides Elodie Navarre, another ex-girlfriend of Guillaume is still present in his life, Marina Hands, his first girlfriend, she is also a horse rider and spends a lot of time with Guillaume during competitions, Cotillard is friends with her as well but Marina is too old for him now, she was replaced by Charlotte.

by Anonymousreply 14807/09/2015

R145 Wow! Go get that big cock and leave that tiny thing you have at home, Marion! lol

by Anonymousreply 14907/09/2015

R147 R148 Wow! thanks for the gossip. I guess, Marion wants to keep her man, that's the only reason but she allows herself to have some fun too, if this rumor about Fassbender is true. French actors have a reputation, contrary to American actors, they don't seem to care about their image or what the tabloids say about them.

by Anonymousreply 15007/09/2015

R150 They are still together because they are France's "golden couple", their Brangelina. French press is always talking about them as a perfect couple, perfect parents... they have to keep up appearances! They even dubbed the villains of Minions in France to show how cute and perfect they are, but their miserable faces while they are next to each other show the opposite. Plus, have you noticed that Marion is always alone everytime that she is at her films' premieres, parties, or attending an award ceremony?, this year she was the only Oscar nominee who didn't have her partner by her side at the ceremony, her make up artist and a female friend were her guests, Guillaume was riding horses in Spain while their son was with the nanny in France. That's the "perfect couple"!

by Anonymousreply 15107/11/2015

R147 So, Marion and Guillaume are this generation's Simone Signoret and Yves Montand... It's interesting that Montand became famous after he had an affair with Edith Piaf (who was played by Cotillard in La Vie en Rose)... always fucking famous woman, just like Guillaume.

by Anonymousreply 15207/11/2015

Didn't Marion have a fling with Matthias Schoenaerts as well? she helped him a lot, recommended him to her agent, Hylda Queally (and he made a lot of movies since then), praised him to directors like Michael Mann and David Lynch, made her boyfriend cast him for Blood Ties - Canet admitted that he cast Matthias after hearing Marion praising him several times. Matthias called Marion "goddess" and she called him "superhot" last year, two years after Rust and Bone was released... she also stated that [italic]the first and only time[/italic] that she enjoyed filming sex scenes was with Matthias. The way they looked at each other and their body language said it all, they probably fucked while they were shooting and/or promoting Rust and Bone around the world.

by Anonymousreply 15307/11/2015

Michael Fassbender: "Marion Cotillard is the best actress in the business":

by Anonymousreply 15407/12/2015

R153 Schoenaerts is seriously hot. I think he's going to end up getting typecast by always playing the lover in movies though. Needs some variety.

Love all the Cotillard/Canet gossip by the way!

by Anonymousreply 15507/13/2015

R155 Matthias is a great actor but he didn't have a film worthy of his talent since Rust and Bone, he's been playing either the tough guy or the lover like you said, but he's capable of more! This year he was highly praised at Cannes for Maryland and also has a meaty role in The Danish Girl. He'll also star in A Bigger Splash in the role that was played by Alain Delon in La Piscine, at least these projects sound promising, there's also Lewis and Clark on HBO next year. I'm glad that he dropped out of Robocop!, that movie would have killed his career!

by Anonymousreply 15607/15/2015

R153 Cotillard and Schoenaerts would make a very hot couple! love them in Rust and Bone!

by Anonymousreply 15708/09/2015

R157 Schoenaerts is SUPER HOT! he was delicious in Suite Française and Far from the Madding Crowd! and in Rust and Bone, of course!

by Anonymousreply 15808/09/2015

Seems like Guillaume Canet is a pedophile. Last Sunday, a 17 years old French girl wrote on her twitter: @charlotteHlt14 Ptdr guillaume canet il a dormis dans notre appart ma mere elle a meme pas capter = "LOL Guillaume Canet slept in our appartment and my mother didn't even notice"

Cotillard is currently in London shooting Assassin's Creed.

Cheating with adults is one thing, but a teenager who looks like a kid?

by Anonymousreply 159Last Monday at 12:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!